rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

'Twitter gave me PTSD'

'Twitter gave me PTSD'

Woman claims mean comments and 'cyberstalking' gave her an illness usually suffered by WAR VETERANS

Quote:Quote:

Melody Hensley claims to suffer from PTSD as a result of years online harassment
After years of online stalking and trolls, she says she is now too sick to go on the internet
Ms Hensley says she became a target as she is a feminist and atheist
Ms Hensley attacked after saying her PTSD is on par with war veterans

A Washington woman has come under fire over claims her PTSD caused by online harassment and Twitter trolls is equal to that of military veterans.
Melody Hensley was diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder 16 months ago following online abuse, which she says is the result of her being an outspoken feminist and atheist.
She caused upset to many military veterans and their families and friends when she claimed her PTSD from Twitter trolls was as bad as mental anguish suffered by those who do active duty.

Ms Hensley, head of an organisation promoting secular ideas, has suffered from PTSD for more than a year, according to her Twitter account.
In an interview with DailyDot.com, Ms Hensley says she became a target for 'atheist misogynists and men's rights activists' a few years back, following her open status as an atheist and feminist activist.

One man in particular has waged a two-year hate campaign against her by publishing her tweets using Storify, others have cut-and-pasted her tweets into YouTube videos, belittling her claims of PTSD.
She claims to be harassed by a cybermob of ‘more than 400 people’ which led to her diagnosis.
On her Twitter feed Ms Hensley outlines her history of PTSD in several posts, saying she was bedridden for the first six months following her diagnosis, and that she has been so distressed about the online hatred she fears leaving her house unaccompanied.

As a result of her PTSD, Ms Hensley says she is working from her home, but she remains active on Twitter.
On Wednesday she posted several disclaimers to her earlier tweet:
'1) I didn't self-diagnose or decide to have PTSD. I was diagnosed by a very good psychiatrist. I'm not looking for armchair psychiatrists.
'2) I respect military and would call commanders and other authorities only to defend myself against threats.
'3) I don't discount military vets' PTSD. I care about everyone with PTSD. I want people to realize that it is not a military-only condition.'
MailOnline contacted Ms Hensley for comment, but she replied that she is 'not well enough to answer questions'.
[Image: attachment.jpg18279]   
[Image: attachment.jpg18280]   
[Image: attachment.jpg18281]   
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...erans.html

[Image: facepalm2.gif]
Twitter caused her to have PTSD, but she won't stop using Twitter.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

'Twitter gave me PTSD'

See that psychotic, unhinged look in her eyes? That explains much.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

'Twitter gave me PTSD'

Of course she can have ptsd from questionable follow through on possibly imaginable violence, you monster

'Twitter gave me PTSD'

I usually like to think I see the best in the world and can tolerate a lot of shit. However I would like to cunt punt this bitch into a volcano.

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

'Twitter gave me PTSD'

Reading such hamsterrific posts on the internet by such delicate souls might have given me PTSD, but then I realized I have the ability to turn my computer off and ignore them. Why she never figured out the same thing is a mystery to me.

'Twitter gave me PTSD'

I'd bang.

'Twitter gave me PTSD'

[Image: attachment.jpg18282]   

WNB.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

'Twitter gave me PTSD'

This is consider new , huh . Wonder if she wake up in cold sweat with her hand in a clicking motion shouting " Stop it trolls , you're hutting me . "

'Twitter gave me PTSD'

Obligatory #firstworldproblems hashtag #bitchniggaproblems

'Twitter gave me PTSD'

When the picture is credited as "For the Washington Post", does that mean a Post photographer took the picture or Melody took the pic and submitted it to the Post? I ask as it's the difference between photographing crazy eyes on purpose, and submitting crazy eyes without realizing (or caring).

Because holy shit, the only way to look crazier is if she was staring directly into the camera when that was taken.

'Twitter gave me PTSD'

... Come on! Are you kidding me? People like this should be locked up. PTSD from twitter yet she is still on twitter... What an attention whore.

'Twitter gave me PTSD'

I'm really mesmerized by that picture. It's a haunting portrait of mental illness.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

'Twitter gave me PTSD'

Quote: (04-22-2014 12:03 AM)Mike5055 Wrote:  

... Come on! Are you kidding me? People like this should be locked up. PTSD from twitter yet she is still on twitter... What an attention whore.

To me this tweet summarizes it. She thinks she is some warrior battling some great noble cause. I reading it all from the "You will not silence me." Clearly, she is just fucked in the head. But the ones that encourage her will say, "you go girl" Joan of fucking Arc.

[Image: attachment.jpg18280]

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

'Twitter gave me PTSD'

Sometimes I wonder about examples like this, if it actually helps our case.

The more feminists are associated with ridiculous claims like this, or others such as the lesbian heckler who claimed PTSD (see one of my old threads), the more people draw the line when talking about mental issues between "real" like soldiers, or "fake, like those feminist type women".

In the long term, it can only continue to undermine their credibility.

But that may be wishful thinking in the short term, as the law/media still seems to take their side.

'Twitter gave me PTSD'

The picture of her gave me PTSD.

I can't sleep.

I'm the King of Beijing!

'Twitter gave me PTSD'

My cousin also has PTSD.

He was in the battle of Fallujah.....

'Twitter gave me PTSD'

Quote: (04-22-2014 12:18 AM)LeBeau Wrote:  

In the long term, it can only continue to undermine their credibility.

I just don't think they seek credibility, or at least not from evil men like us. They seek credibility from the other women who agree wit her on everything. Ultimately, it is about attention and this desire to feel like "I matter, I am somebody." But caring what others think will never give you control of your life. Dumb crazy bitch!

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

'Twitter gave me PTSD'

Quote: (04-22-2014 12:30 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

My cousin also has PTSD.

He was in the battle of Fallujah.....

Sorry. Hope he is recovering.

'Twitter gave me PTSD'

Nassim Taleb is spot on with his theory of fragility vs. antifragility. People who are excessively coddled and sheltered truly become too fragile for normal life, and meltdowns like this one ensue.

My grandpa and grandma spent a year freezing and hungry in the Dinaric Alps while fighting Nazis, yet none of them had ever complained. What a fucking spoiled woman this is.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

'Twitter gave me PTSD'

I guess we need to pull money from war vet funds to help out these poor souls.

'Twitter gave me PTSD'

How can someone like this function well enough in society to earn a pay cheque and survive ? By all accounts she should be dead from lack of food and shelter. In a reasonable world no rational business would hire her, no man provide for her, nor government support her after the nth demonstration of zero value to society whatsoever.

'Twitter gave me PTSD'

Who let crazy people out of the asylum? And who gave them access to the internet?

Deus vult!

'Twitter gave me PTSD'

Quote: (04-22-2014 08:33 AM)christpuncher Wrote:  

How can someone like this function well enough in society to earn a pay cheque and survive ? By all accounts she should be dead from lack of food and shelter. In a reasonable world no rational business would hire her, no man provide for her, nor government support her after the nth demonstration of zero value to society whatsoever.

I bet she plans on starting a donation campaign. Or have one of her beta white knights start one. Basically, scream of enough oppression etc and then milk it for money. Make shit up for drama. Wouldn't be the first time.

Edit: I was speculating on the donation campaign. The original post sounded like she was. I have no idea.

'Twitter gave me PTSD'

I'd be curious if anyone follows up on where her donations end up. Will they go to actual PTSD research or will they go into her pocket?

'Twitter gave me PTSD'

The old fashioned word for PTSD is shell shock. It is the syndrome that affected soldiers after their unimaginable experiences in the trenches during the Great War.

This is what a PTSD sufferer looks like.

This girl needs to check her privilege.