rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Article - What Does It Take To Start A Hotel?

I think this is a pretty good intro. I have always been interested in owning a hotel. A more prestigious flag than the ones mentioned in the article. But this article lays out some of the basic considerations.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2013/0...t-a-hotel/

You will need a few minutes to read it. It isn't short.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Interesting article, very detailed. But it's US centric. I would like to have seen something about hotel start ups in developing markets. Still, the methods of scouting out potential locations is solid and could be applied to non US cities as well. I am interested in S America and/or Asia, and would want to do it as a lifestyle business.

My father owned a couple, it's a great business, especially compared to the restaurant business. People are basically paying you leave them alone. If you have good real estate in a Corridor that will be developed, you're just sitting on it making money off it and waiting for the value go up.

Compare that To a restaurant, where you are losing money every minute with food spoilage and shrinkage from employee theft, and all the labor that goes into a meal compared the labor to go to clean a room after the guests leave.

I sometimes wonder if a 'love hotel' would work in North America. Like the type they have in brazil or Japan.

[Image: i-should-buy-a-boat-cat.jpg]

Feel free to PM me for wine advice or other stuff
ROK Article: 5 Reasons To Have Wine On A Date
RVF Wine Thread

Quote: (04-16-2014 08:12 PM)ManAbout Wrote:  

Interesting article, very detailed. But it's US centric. I would like to have seen something about hotel start ups in developing markets. Still, the methods of scouting out potential locations is solid and could be applied to non US cities as well. I am interested in S America and/or Asia, and would want to do it as a lifestyle business.

Yeah I would like to see a international version of this article. But I would have to think the cost would vary significantly between foreign countries. I've thought about building a hotel overseas before and I'm still considering it.