rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Age Of Empires Nostalgia Thread

Admit it. Age of Empires and its subsequent installments were the shit.

What more needs to be said?

[Image: ss_b_1.jpg]

[Image: Age+of+Empires+2+HD+Edition+1.jpg]

[Image: age+of+empires+expansion+the+rise+of+rome1.jpg]

[Image: 585809-age-of-empires-the-rise-of-rome-d...enshot.png]

My first online experience was on the Zone.com battling motherfuckers back around 2000-2002.

Any fond memories? List them here!

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

Two words: robin hood

I loved this game! Building an empire and then conquering everyone else is immensely satisfying. [Image: american.gif]

I loved the cheat codes.

2 was dope.

You play Total War, 2Wycked?

Oh yeah, especially those wonderful campaigns... I still fondly remember the Genghis Khan and Joan of Arc ones. Good times.

That said, have you ever tried Age of Mythology? It's a pretty good game that is very similar to Age of Empires, with a well-done fantasy element.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

I loved having an army of shelby cobras.

Anyone ever play Catan?

Never liked it...

I suppose I'm showing my age here but the first Civilization was amazing. The sequels never lived up to the first one.

There was nothing quite like playing it for the first time and all of a sudden you're facing an invasion led by Joseph Stalin...

[Image: stalin.primitive.gif]

Remember this bad boy?

The less fucks you give, the more fucks you get.

Thomas knows where it's at.

However Sid had an epic before that in 1987.

[Image: Pirates!_2.png]

[Image: sid%20meiers%20pirates.jpg]

So good the genre really hasn't changed since. Plenty of copies, and an updated re-release 20 years later.

Oh yeah, I remember that pirate game. I won every battle by being good at swordfighting, so it didn't matter that the enemy has 1000 men and I had 10. Very easy to exploit. Cruising around was fun, though!

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Well it mattered it you got below 8 men [Image: smile.gif]

Quote: (04-02-2014 05:57 AM)PompeyChris Wrote:  

I loved the cheat codes.

If I remember correctly, "pepperoni pizza" was the cheat code for 1000+ food.

Game kicked ass though. I've went through several copies over the last 15 years. Last time I bought a copy it cost me < $10 at Wal-Mart.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Age of empires was good, but man, warcraft 3 was my shit.

[Image: how_do_you_turn_this_on_by_trebuxet-d5q9mdo.jpg]

[Image: biggrin.gif]

loved it, love civilization too, civ 2 was the best in my eyes, I've got the most recent one as well

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Age of Empires was great. Some epic battles were fought on my parents desktop when I was about 12 years old. I still remember that horn alarm that would go off when you came under attack.

That car was the get out of jail card when things went to shit.

'Logic Over Emotion Since 2013'

Loved AoE.

It would make a great game for smart phones, where you can pause it in between and start it up again later on that day, next day, whatever. Expect I would spend way too much time playing it, and I haven't played any games in like 12 years.

I didn't play AoE but I played the Total War games sagas. AoE were great games though and one of the few that can compare to the Total War games.

AoE was great. Still remember playing the 1st one. Brings back the feels.

After using too many cheats, I found myself getting bored quickly. I found this with any game.

So I alternated using cheats and no cheats, and it was a pretty good time.

Anyone played the old Centurion: Defender of Rome? That was my first turn-based strategy game... still remember those battles with the Scythians and chariot racing...

[Image: 641-CenturionDefenderofRome.jpg]

[Image: Centurion_3.jpg]

[Image: centurion%20defender%20of%20rome.jpg]

The first game I ever got was Final Fantasty VII. I really wanted to bone Aeris. And then Rinoa in FFVIII. Thanks to the Manosphere, Roosh and this forum I dated a girl who looked almost identical to Rinoa this year. Bless you all for making my dreams come true! [Image: hump.gif]

[Image: Rinoa-Heartilly.jpg]

It's interesting to take our knowledge from the manosphere and apply it to entertainment.

With the shaming of masculinity in real life, boys and men are turning to computer games to imitate the masculine virtues. Computer games - rather than the feminized school system - are allowing boys to express their masculinity.

We are no longer able to raise armies to conquer and pillage in real life, so our desires are met with games like Age of Empires, Warcraft, Command and Conquer, and Civilization.

Most of us no longer become warriors, so we instead pretend to hunt and kill in games like Call of Duty as a test of our abilities and dominance against other men.

Roleplaying games like Final Fantasty follow traditional gender roles, in which the man follows the hero's journey, displaying his masculine virtues to overcome many obstacles, raising his status and acquiring wealth and power before winning the heart of the fair maiden - who is young, pretty, feminine and chaste.

Of course, the real life battlefields today are the sports field when young and then picking up girls and business.

On the other hand, women - being passive and lacking masculine virtue - much prefer to sit down and watch television drama rather than taking action and exerting their will upon a computer game or on the sports field or in business.

As per the feminine imperative, men are shamed for playing computer games while there's nothing wrong with women spending huge amounts of time watching TV. And true to form, feminists are starting to appeal to male authority to change computer games to be less 'sexist' - rather than create their own computer games. [Image: rolleyes.gif]

Ah yes, back in my younger nerd days...

Read my work on Return of Kings here.

Protip: Build your houses around the edge of the farms around your town hall. Then all you need to do is drop a gate in the openings and you've got your farms walled off by houses for cheap.

Read my work on Return of Kings here.

Build a Navy!

But sire, this map is as dry as a bone! Surely thou jesteth?