rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Love poll

Love poll

The past week three people asked me if i have ever been in love. I just answered "No" so I didn't have to go in the story that's start with.. "Well there this one girl and I'm not really sure but.."

I think finding a girl and.. love.. was a goal when i first started studying the game many years ago. Lately it's "I wouldn't mind having a girl i care about."

Love poll

yeah, that sounds about right.

Love poll

I had 2 long term "i'm in love" relationships before "I wanted to get this part of my life handled" (talk about a meme that never dies)

In the midst of the getting my skills together, I did my #'s, but then unexpectedly met a girl who didn't even think existed. "You ain't ever gonna meet a chick who likes Wu Tang and Seinfeld" © Chris Rock - Rock was wrong.

I was definitely in love @ the time. But in my experience, the girl feels it first (and grows out of it first) and then I really grow into the idea of wanting to be with them for a long time, take care of them, and most importantly let them take care of me.

Now, I just want to do my #'s, and keep an eye out for a woman that I can really see myself with.

Love poll

Quote: (08-16-2008 11:41 AM)broken Wrote:  

I was definitely in love @ the time. But in my experience, the girl feels it first (and grows out of it first) and then I really grow into the idea of wanting to be with them for a long time, take care of them, and most importantly let them take care of me.

Now, I just want to do my #'s, and keep an eye out for a woman that I can really see myself with.

I've experienced that once as well. by the time i realized that, it was much too late.It happened recently actually and it really really hurt. I was gonna post about this actually. I don't know if I was in love, but i was in definite heavy like mode. I suppose I have never experienced "true deep" love yet.

And i agree with the second part as well.

Love poll

Yes -- and it was totally screwed up. One and a half years I could have been doing so many other things with my life...

My advice: don't live together. If/when you decide it ain't working, it makes it that much more difficult to GTFO. Well, on the bright side, since I had to move anyway, I was able to ditch both her and the lame-ass sausagefest that is Silicon Valley at the same time. Now I'm in Austin, TX and love it here. Can you say $1 beers Thursday nights in a big college town? [Image: smile.gif]

Love poll

I didn't know $1 beers still exist in the united states

Love poll

Quote: (08-17-2008 02:38 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

I didn't know $1 beers still exist in the united states

I was surprised too! Plus that place is packed at 1AM any night of the week.

Love poll

Quote: (08-16-2008 06:27 PM)zorgon Wrote:  

Yes -- and it was totally screwed up. One and a half years I could have been doing so many other things with my life...

My advice: don't live together. If/when you decide it ain't working, it makes it that much more difficult to GTFO. Well, on the bright side, since I had to move anyway, I was able to ditch both her and the lame-ass sausagefest that is Silicon Valley at the same time. Now I'm in Austin, TX and love it here. Can you say $1 beers Thursday nights in a big college town? [Image: smile.gif]

which bar are you talking about? I live in Austin, too, although I'm moving to London in 2 weeks. Check out this site: http://theswigg.com/cities/Texas/Austin -- it has a drink special calendar with pretty much everything in Austin. Thursday night has $1 wells at Library I think, plus a bunch of specials at Moose Knuckle. The best special in Austin is $.25 wells at Treasure Island on Wednesdays [Image: wink.gif]

Love poll

Eric, I sent you a PM... let's see whether this forum's PM functionality works.

Did not know about the 25 cent Wednesdays, may have to check that out...

Love poll

Damn, cheap drinks and all those texas hotties. They breed wives down there... and all those older texas ladies instill the most important truths to their young concubines... that being that women should compliment their man, not compete with him.

Great to see the "Love Poll" thread go to $1 beers.

Love poll

Quote: (08-17-2008 08:59 PM)KG Wrote:  

Great to see the "Love Poll" thread go to $1 beers.

I was thinking the same thing. Perhaps we need a new poll. Which would you rather have: true love, or $1 beers?

I know which I'd pick. The love thing is overrated. Just a bunch of hormones and trained neural pathways that create a sense of attachment to a person who you may or may not actually be compatible with. In my case, I sure as hell *wasn't* compatible with her (in a very long list of ways) and could have done much better. At least we didn't get married!

It's really weird looking back. I could rattle off a dozen things that were wrong with her, and I'd have a hard time saying more than one or two positive things (not fat/in reasonable shape... hard to think of much else). Yet I freaked out for probably a month at the end trying to decide whether to stick it out or just bail, when you'd think it would be a very easy decision.

Ultimately I went ahead and had a "talk" with her about several issues that were becoming serious dealbreakers for me (her two horribly unruly dogs that were a pain in the ass; money management; unhealthy food/no home cooked meals; and so on). She interpreted the talk as being a direct attack on her, and a week later it was "bye, this ain't working, I'm leaving and moving to Texas."

Once I was moved out in a few days to a temporary place with a friend in CA, I *knew* I had done the right thing. No question in my mind. And yet just a few weeks earlier I had my doubts, "maybe this is all my fault..." -- and a few months before that "I think this is probably the girl I'm going to marry..." So weird that I could have thought that, when we're talking about someone who got seriously pissed off at me when I didn't call on a *4-day* fishing trip with my folks (which she was invited on, but declined!), never mind that the cell phone reception ain't so great in northern Minnesota, or that we were busy actually *doing* stuff and were trying to get *away* from modern technology and all, and I actually *did* call and leave a message from the airport in Minneapolis when I had my phone back on... seriously, WTF???

Love poll

Problem with human relationships is that they have a course and there is a definite peak for intimacy and passion which gets turned into friendship. I doubt couples who have been married 30 years plus are banging every night. I wonder if they even find their spouse sexually attractive.

Love poll

Quote: (08-17-2008 11:16 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Problem with human relationships is that they have a course and there is a definitely peak for intimacy and passion which gets turned into friendship. I doubt couples who have been married 30 years plus are banging every night. I wonder if they even find their spouse sexually attractive.

That's what scares me a bit about the idea of settling with one girl for life. 15 years in you might be like "damn, I'm going to be looking at this same pussy for the rest of my life".

Love poll

You only really fall in love once. you open yourself up fully and cimpletely. It is the most awesome feeling in the world, then inevitably, that person stomps the crap out of your heart, and you never open up that much ever again.

Love poll

Quote: (08-21-2008 06:57 PM)GMoney Wrote:  

You only really fall in love once. you open yourself up fully and cimpletely. It is the most awesome feeling in the world, then inevitably, that person stomps the crap out of your heart, and you never open up that much ever again.

This sounds 100% accurate

Love poll

[bitch mode]
Sigh, I wonder if that was me? I wonder if i will have trouble opening that much up again to another girl.
i feel like i lost my innocence sort of. [/bitchmode]

edit:
f*ck that skank

Love poll

spaceman: you've obviously never been hurt by your tender flower, who crushed your ego and your confidence, never to be regained again.

PS. I recommend the movie The Notebook

Love poll

Quote: (08-21-2008 10:39 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Yeah, saw that flick, and I actually started to empathize with one of the characters at an incredible level, so much so that at the end of the movie I looked at the girl with me by my side and asked, "Who the hell are you?" [Image: wink.gif]

Love poll

girls come and go.... a few (3) , i had rather intense relationships with... but it always comes to a point... and its like.. hmmm.... its not working...
then you leave, and its all sweet.. decisions to be made

Love poll

Quote: (08-21-2008 10:39 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

spaceman: you've obviously never been hurt by your tender flower, who crushed your ego and your confidence, never to be regained again.

i thought i just said she did. [Image: huh.gif]

ego + confidence crushed? yes

Love poll

love?...fuk that. the fact is that you have to find fulfillment in yourself. you only got one life and when you die, ur gonna die alone regardless. And there is a high chance that that broad your w/ is gonna outlive ur ass too. so fuk it, bang broads and don't settle down. agree w/ Kramer from seinfeld: "They’re prisons! Man-made prisons! You’re doin’ time! You get up in the morning — she’s there. You go to sleep at night — she’s there. It’s like you gotta ask permission to, to use the bathroom: Is it all right if I use the bathroom now?"

Love poll

^ i like your screenname.

Love poll

I don't see anything wrong with getting wrapped up with a girl for a while (relationship). I've done it three times myself and it's really not bad at all. If you get the right girl it's basically ass every night except for when she's ragging then it's a BJ night.

I guess everyone is just trying to get you into that framework to make yourself marketable again. Because yeah if you're not putting yourself out there and being attractive to chicks this whole mess about giving your heart to a girl won't matter anyway because there will be no girl for that to happen.

Love poll

Quote: (08-21-2008 06:57 PM)GMoney Wrote:  

BINGO. It is a one-shot deal.

Love poll

Quote: (08-17-2008 11:16 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Problem with human relationships is that they have a course and there is a definite peak for intimacy and passion which gets turned into friendship. I doubt couples who have been married 30 years plus are banging every night. I wonder if they even find their spouse sexually attractive.

Trust me dude, it takes a LOT less than than 30 years to get tired of banging the same chick. I actually wish I could be happy in a situation like that but I know I can't. Those guys are the lucky ones. Once you figure out how disposable women are, it's hard to find happiness with one.