rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Will there ever be limits/boundaries?

This is not meant to be a troll thread. I hope it does not come off as one. I have no desire to be banned [Image: smile.gif]

tl;dr - As people push for equality and recognition, will there ever be a point where there is nothing left to fight against? Will there ever be a day, random thought warning, when a fat chick sues you because you didn't want to date her or have sex with her?

AZ Vetoes SB 1062
I am using recent vetoing of SB 1062 in AZ as a starting point.

"SB 1062 would have offered a legal defense for individuals and businesses facing discrimination lawsuits if they proved they had acted on a “sincerely held religious belief.” Opponents argued it would legalize discrimination, in particular, allowing businesses to refuse to serve the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community"

For clarity, I have no issue with gays (marriage/equal rights) they are welcome to be as unhappy as married heterosexual people are. My question is when does the pursuit of what some people perceive as equality so terribly erode the rights of others to the point where there is nothing left to erode. My question isn't specific to gays, just to society as a whole.

Promoters of SB 1062 Often Mention Lawsuit in NM
The people who pushed the AZ bill often mentioned a New Mexico photographer being sued for not wanting to take the wedding photos of a lesbian couple because the photographers opposed same-sex unions. The photographers lost.

Maybe the photographers should have said, "we are booked that day" or "we are on vacation". The suit would never have happened (unless they worked that particular weekend and got caught). Surely there must be other photographers, just like we believe there is other vagina.

Ever Be Limits?
This got me to thinking, will there ever be limits? My most random thought was, "what if some fat chick sues you because you don't want to date her or have sex with her?"

I hope that doesn't happen, but it just seems that the political correctness push continues to make it difficult to do anything without offending anyone, yet those that feel offended can continue to offend as much as they want (Tuth has plenty of experience with those crazy chicks from his articles).

I have often said that a conversation in a room is driven by the least tolerant individual. And we continue to raise weaker and weaker people in this society.

I am not trying to be chicken little here, I have hope for humanity. It comes from an irrational place, but it exists. But being hopeful, doesn't mean I cannot acknowledge the evidence presented before me.

I am curious what others think.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

It is human nature to never be completely, fully satisfied. We will always have a need or want, even after we accomplish all of our goals. This is why even if feminists were able to somehow completely overpower men into being complete obedient servants & raise women as the higher power they would still find something to complain about & not be at peace with themselves. That being said, western societal boundaries have long since crumbled. The family unit with MEN in charge has pretty much been neutralized. Without the guidance of strong men with traditional values for leadership & protection women were free to go about enacting unnatural desires while simultaneously allowing deviants who were previously outcasts of society (LBGT crowd etc) to pursue & further their own agenda. Give them an inch & they take a mile? Well thats what is happening now. Women & the LBGT crowd were given equal rights & now they are trying to crush the very force (men) that allowed it while playing victims when threatened.

"THE YEAR WAS 2081, and everybody was finally equal. They weren't only equal before God and the law. They were equal every which way. Nobody was smarter than anybody else. Nobody was better looking than anybody else. Nobody was stronger or quicker than anybody else. All this equality was due to the 211th, 212th, and 213th Amendments to the Constitution, and to the unceasing vigilance of agents of the United States Handicapper General." - Kurt Vonnegut, Harrison Bergeron

http://www.tnellen.com/cybereng/harrison.html

A real, serious war will wipe the slate clean with a lot of this nonsense as men understand their purposes and women understand their place.

As long as the extended peacetime goes on, these trends are likely to continue.

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

Quote: (03-01-2014 02:14 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

tl;dr - As people push for equality and recognition, will there ever be a point where there is nothing left to fight against? Will there ever be a day, random thought warning, when a fat chick sues you because you didn't want to date her or have sex with her?

This is why I always rail about privilege and comfort. It the absence of true hardship and large scale ('live and let live') acceptance offering for what would pass as equality, new categories of hardship will need to be created to guarantee special treatment for those who are too mundane to achieve on their own merits.

If you're paying attention, you can see it splintering now all over Tumblr: 'Headmates', 'CIS', 'Otherkin' etc. People are creating definitions to rationalise their unhappiness and fuel their persecution complexes. Obviously, it's not society that holds them back, it's their own mental issues, and they will always exist in the absence of true persecution. These are unhappy people who will remain unhappy.

This is why 'Cisgender', 'Micro-aggressions' and 'Everything Is Now Rape' are actually a good thing for us. It's gotten to the stage where the narcissistic wail for special treatment and power over others is blatantly-ridiculous that it is tearing itself down, because the views are becoming so extremist that it will push the moderate opinions in the opposite direction to them.

I expect a clear racial divide will fatally-wound feminism within the next five years.

Live your life, man. It's not worth worrying about. We're men. We've got agency. Lift / live / laugh / love.

samsamsam: I don't think we've hit rock bottom yet, but eventually, things will turn around. We are on an unsustainable path. Personally, I have no idea what the next ten to twenty years will entail. Between all of the insane ideologies and victim groups that are afflicting us now, great economic instability and an erosion of the middle class standard of living, racial/ethnic/religious tension in many areas, and so on, I think the West is in for a rocky road for perhaps the next generation. Throw in wild cards like a war with China or Islamic terrorists letting off a nuke in a major Western city, and it could be mayhem. I may just live to see us begin to come out of it all right at the end of my life.

Here is what I do think though. One hundred years from now, we're going to end up with something that in no way resembles what we have now. Feminism, progressivism and all the rest of that left wing nonsense that can only exist in fat, pampered societies will be gone.

There are pretty much only going to be two possible ways it can go. Either we will descend into full on law of the jungle third world hellholes with warlords (even if they're called politicians and there is still some facade of democracy) and a free for all beneath them. Or, there will be a massive swing to the right with law, order, morality, and so on. That won't necessarily be Western or Judeo-Christian (it might be Islamic, for all we know, or perhaps even Confucian as a real outside chance, or maybe something new will emerge).

As there have always been, there will be pockets where people get their act together and try to strike a balance between complete nihilistic, morally permissive tolerance on the one hand and outright reactionary fundamentalism on the other (though ironically, what we bemoan at the moment is very fundamentalist in another way), and those societies will be the most successful and come to dominate those around them. Yet over five to ten centuries, they will decay, and some guys in 2614 will be bemoaning fat acceptance and shrill women who are dragging the society down...

As for how to react to all of this now, I think the solution is going to increasingly revolve around one of two possibilities. The first will be to create communities of like minded individuals that try to help each other weather the storm. Obviously, such communities will paint massive targets on their backs as the last remaining bastions of an age gone by, yet they may outlive the rest. All of these freaks with their strange sexual identities, and these careerist women simply aren't going to breed in sufficient numbers, and they will be overtaken by everyone else, provided those other people can somehow inoculate their own children against the mind virus of such people.

The second solution is to just up sticks and be the rat deserting a sinking ship. Keep yourself mobile, keep your capital mobile and just get on with your life. There's a whole world out there. There are places that haven't completely gone to shit yet. I know these clowns in the West are doing their utmost to export their insane ideologies to the rest of the world, but there are still plenty of places that aren't even remotely on board with this nonsense (yet). Nobody loves a fat chick in Asia. Take solace in that. These other societies may have the good sense to see the West repeatedly hitting the self-destruct button and say no to all of it.

FC,

I am in the second solution. I can't see the possibility of wanting to spend child raising years in a country with this much nonsense flying around. It was just a random intersection of things this morning where the random thought popped into my head.

I am not so strong in my beliefs (well mainly I value my anonymity) to try and lead some cause. But also, I don't think much can be done other than keeping control of the world around me. Many of these movements established their foothold before I was born.

But from a car accident on the side of the road perspective, I find it interesting to watch. These changes don't make me angry. I can only focus on what I can control. The game if anything is to be the calm in the center of a storm.

I just sort of see the comedy/craziness in a world where a fat chick could sue you for not wanting to date her/fuck her.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

I am also interested to see where this goes, once the whole gay thing passes and they've achieved equal status everywhere people will want to jump on a new victimhood bandwagon. My bet is on dogs/pets, people are going to campaign to bring their pets everywhere (already happening, when the fuck would it be ok to bring your dog into a grocery store in 1983) first it will be dog access, the dog fashion, then dog weddings along with woman and dog sitcoms and movies that are 'art films'. This will not be until 2080 mind you...it will be infertile women arguing that their dog partners or dog children should have the same rights as kids with human children.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Quote: (03-01-2014 05:41 PM)AnonymousBosch Wrote:  

This is why I always rail about privilege and comfort. It the absence of true hardship and large scale ('live and let live') acceptance offering for what would pass as equality, new categories of hardship will need to be created to guarantee special treatment for those who are too mundane to achieve on their own merits.

If you're paying attention, you can see it splintering now all over Tumblr: 'Headmates', 'CIS', 'Otherkin' etc. People are creating definitions to rationalise their unhappiness and fuel their persecution complexes. Obviously, it's not society that holds them back, it's their own mental issues, and they will always exist in the absence of true persecution. These are unhappy people who will remain unhappy.

This is why 'Cisgender', 'Micro-aggressions' and 'Everything Is Now Rape' are actually a good thing for us. It's gotten to the stage where the narcissistic wail for special treatment and power over others is blatantly-ridiculous that it is tearing itself down, because the views are becoming so extremist that it will push the moderate opinions in the opposite direction to them.

I expect a clear racial divide will fatally-wound feminism within the next five years.

Live your life, man. It's not worth worrying about. We're men. We've got agency. Lift / live / laugh / love.

"I expect a clear racial divide will fatally-wound feminism within the next five years."

More elaboration kind Sir.

"I have refused to wear a condom all of my life, for a simple reason – if I’m going to masturbate into a balloon why would I need a woman?"

Quote: (03-02-2014 12:53 PM)Kingsley Davis Wrote:  

Quote: (03-01-2014 05:41 PM)AnonymousBosch Wrote:  

"I expect a clear racial divide will fatally-wound feminism within the next five years."

More elaboration kind Sir.

Paula Deen on a bigger scale?

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Quote: (03-02-2014 12:53 PM)Kingsley Davis Wrote:  

The most widely-adopted development I've noticed in the Humanities in the last few years is the concept of 'privilege' as a way of shutting down discourse and drawing mea culpas from the privileged white women who make up the bulk of Feminism, as well as reinforcing a hierarchy of victimisation depending on race.

Couple this with the rising popularities of 'racial micro-aggressions', and it's easy to identify that what they call 'Women Of Colour' are making a grab for power via moral superiority, and are just as likely to be as utterly sick and tired of hearing about the First World Problems of the Rich White Girls as we are.

That's the main divide, but it's also splintering along weird sexual divides, such as Otherkin and Asexuality, which really are no handicap at all if you don't tell people about it, but leads to white women claiming to be victimised and have much harder lives than a Black Straight Male. You can see how WOC will lose their patience with this kind of bullshit soon enough.

TL;DR version: the feminist front is no longer unified and they're starting to realise that having a pussy doesn't equal common goals and life experience.

^^ Actually, thinking about this further, the downfall of most civilisations involves the splintering of the core values of the society due to a large immigrant population having their own values and loyalties. That's all that's happening Feminism: it was once A Rich White Woman thing, but now WOC have immigrated into the field. It's the last days of Rome.