rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Ryanair To Launch Service Between US and Europe. $14 Introductory Fare.

Ryanair To Launch Service Between US and Europe. Introductory Fare.

Supposed to launch a $14 fare from Europe to US, and flights from US to Europe to offer fares even cheaper.

Either way, this could potentially be a gamechanger depending on the scale we're talking, and potentially the death of any European pussy paradise. Can you imagine the class of Americans that would come to Europe at these bargain-basement prices?

http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/ryanair-fly...d=22704498

Quote:Quote:

Ryanair's colorful CEO is in the travel headlines again. But this time it's not for promising to someday charge passengers for using the bathroom in-flight.

Michael O'Leary said his airline plans to offer flights from Europe to the United States for as little as $14. Flights from the United States to Europe will be even cheaper, he said.

He made his remarks at the Irish Hotels Federation conference earlier this week, as reported by The Telegraph. A Ryanair representative confirmed to ABC News O'Leary's comments at the conference.

The flights would leave from up to 14 major European cities to 12 to 14 destinations in the United States.

But Ryanair does not yet operate any aircraft capable of making long-haul flights. It needs to acquire appropriate aircraft first and Ryanair told ABC News it "will not engage in speculation."

“We can make money on 99 cent fares in Europe,” O’Leary said at the conference. “Not every seat will be 10 euros [about $14], of course. There will also need to be a very high number of business or premium seats.”

But in true Ryanair style, expect to pay up for the "extras.” The airline charges fees for bags, seat assignments, credit card transactions and printed boarding passes.

I immediately started to imagine planes full of "People of Wal-mart" class people invading Europe. That would suck but then again I think those kinds of people are too lazy to even get a passport let alone give a shit about a country that isn't 'Merica!

Quote: (02-28-2014 08:49 PM)invictusiii Wrote:  

I immediately started to imagine planes full of "People of Wal-mart" class people invading Europe. That would suck but then again I think those kinds of people are too lazy to even get a passport let alone give a shit about a country that isn't 'Merica!

They would have to buy 2 or 3 seats to fit.

Ryanair was also considering standing room only seats lol.

http://business.time.com/2012/11/12/new-...room-only/

I will give them this, always innovating and thinking, I can respect that.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Ryan Air is the most manipulative little bitch of an airline. It may offer $14 dollar flights but that's only to get you interested.
It's a loss leader.

$14 dollar flights when that airline charges for bags,food,seats,extra bags,using the toilet inflight,credit card transactions,late fees,"additional costs", booking fees, air , probably even safety equipment as well.

And the fact that it doesn't even have the planes capable of making that flight says another thing completely.

I have to say don't trust this. Michael O'Leary is a fucking snake.

Quote: (02-28-2014 08:58 PM)CarCrashKid Wrote:  

Ryan Air is the most manipulative little bitch of an airline. It may offer $14 dollar flights but that's only to get you interested.
It's a loss leader.

$14 dollar flights when that airline charges for bags,food,seats,extra bags,using the toilet inflight,credit card transactions,late fees,"additional costs", booking fees, air , probably even safety equipment as well.

And the fact that it doesn't even have the planes capable of making that flight says another thing completely.

Tell us how you really feel, just kidding [Image: smile.gif]

Yes, they nickel and dime to death from what I understand.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Great news for thegmanifesto.

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

Quote: (02-28-2014 09:01 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

It's a loss leader.

Haha! I know too many people who have gotten burned by them and some were in pretty tight situations. Just don't want any of my Brothers in Charm getting lit as well. It's what this forum is here for I suppose, sharing advice and experiences.

Just read the small print and bring a stacked wallet when dealing with them.

Quote: (02-28-2014 09:01 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

It's a loss leader.

Haha. RA charged a family of five $380 because they forgot to print their boarding passes wtf. [Image: lol.gif]

http://business.time.com/2012/09/11/that...rs-idiots/

Those little discount European airlines aren't my style. They go out of their way to take advantage of you. I flew with EZJet once from London to Madrid and they tried to charge me a grip by making me check-in my large carry-on. I just pretended that I was taking off and hid my carry-on behind some indoor plant and checked-in with another employee at an adjacent kiosk. I've pulled that move in mad countries for lots of airlines.

Quote: (02-28-2014 08:49 PM)invictusiii Wrote:  

True. I doubt Ryanair would have a presence in most US airports though, just the ones in key metro areas like NYC.

I'm not at all worried about it.

1) $14 is a come-on price, like Bolt Bus and Megabus's "$1 fares," In reality the prices will be much greater.

2) Most Americans just aren't that interested in exploring areas outside the United States. Particularly the less developed countries like Romania, Ukraine or even Poland. They'll go to France, Italy and the UK.

When Ryan Air works, it's a great bargain. This will be good for people on an open schedule.

At least this will shift some of the UK stag parties away from Eastern Europe [Image: smile.gif]

Quote: (02-28-2014 09:27 PM)Sparks123 Wrote:  

2) Most Americans just aren't that interested in exploring areas outside the United States. Particularly the less developed countries like Romania, Ukraine or even Poland.

It's not a matter of interest, it's about priorities. I can't see how you would not be interested in exploring cities like Cluj-Napoca or Kraków, but for an American with a limited amount of time that has never been to Europe before, cities like London, Paris, Rome and Prague would be on the top of the list.

I've flown with Ryanair and never had a problem with them they had quick plane turnarounds and were quite effective however this was only a 2 hour flight to Spain not a 6+hour flight to the US.#

With Europe being ruined by the influx of Americans it can either go two ways that the 90% of Americans still don't get passports and your reputation doesn't get ruined. Or they'll be a large influx of American travellers heading to Europe ready to ruin your reputation in Europe, just like the average British lout has done for the reputation of British people in Eastern Europe.

As much as I'd like for this to be true I'm afraid there is this:

It's a loss leader.

The final price will end up in the 100's for sure, but it might still be worth it, that is, if they even do it and this is not just some drunken blabber.

Unless you're doing a Neil and turning every penny you shouldn't even consider flying across the Atlantic with Ryan Air. I've heard some scary stories about guys flying with Norwegian on a TATL and they are still considered a step above Ryan Air.

It's a loss leader.

Its great for guys like me, who just take a piss before boarding, can read luggage dimension allowances, show up on time and know when to book. Basically intelligent people, 14$ to US, sounds great to me!

There is no way they could make this affordable without charging 300 for a carryon
Why even Humor this. ryanairs owner hypes everything he does up. publicity is publicity...and thats how hes been able to turn a profit for all these years.
they were never gonna charge for bathrooms. thats just genius marketing plow

I dont know why people even act surprised.
for the low prices they offer...you should know youre gonna get nickle and dimed

on safety note. Ryanair has only has one accidents when some birds got in the engine.
They are just as safe as any other airline

On to top of that..you know the walmart people still wont get on these flights.
They wont be able to afford to be in their destinations.
Hell, years ago i went to oslo on a 6 euro ryan air tickets...but ended up paying 80 bucks round trip from the bus to the airport.
With a burger and coke costing 15-20 dollars...it was technically un affordable for me to be their for the weekend.

If you drop some walmart people in london, they will go broke the 2nd day.
Or they will literally be saying a years worth of money for that vacation...and i that case...so few would go that they wouldnt put a damper on anything

I am the cock carousel

Quote: (03-01-2014 03:17 PM)Sourcecode Wrote:  

There is no way they could make this affordable without charging 300 for a carryon
Why even Humor this.

Just free advertising. Crazy CEOs know how to draw attention.

Look at Trump.

One of my friends said tickets are so cheap for Ryan Air because pilots are literally paying the company a great deal of money to get enough rotations in for their certification. She's a pilot from Sweden btw. Any truth to this?

Quote: (03-01-2014 03:26 PM)Brosemite Wrote:  

One of my friends said tickets are so cheap for Ryan Air because pilots are literally paying the company a great deal of money to get enough rotations in for their certification. She's a pilot from Sweden btw. Any truth to this?

Fuck I would be scared to fly on Ryan Air knowing that now.

Not that I was sold on the airline before.

You get what you pay for.

^^ I heard Easyjet has the same system....

I would love to see the inner-workings of their business model. I don't know how fares that low can be profitable, even if you are charging extra for food and bags. Even throwing in the peripheral charges, I can't see it being enough to cover even the jet fuel for a transatlantic flight. Not to even mention wages for the employees.

Would this be a game-changer for American travelers? I doubt it. Most don't have passports and most have very little vacation time. You'd probably see a few more backpacker/youth hostel types, but that's about it.

Quote: (03-01-2014 03:26 PM)Brosemite Wrote:  

Thats not really true.
I read an article they they pay their own expenses.
Uniforms and extra fees ect. And they dont really have great benefits.

But its free market.
An american conservative would probably like this plan. keep the government out of the works. Ryanair pilots arent forced into a healthcare system..they are still paid better than the people riding the planes.

Ill elaborate on an above post.
Its not like they are hiring people that have no training at all.
Pilots now days are paying their way through pilot schools. Then getting jobs.
They still have training..but not as much as say a military pilot that flew for 20 years.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/09/...12745.html
Look at those cheap airlines accident records. Ryanair is no more dangerous to fly than any other airline.
Theyve only had one signifigant incident..where no one was even injured.
With the amount they fly...if they were so bad..why havent they had a major incident?

There was a bunch of talk about companies using duct tape to fix planes.
I and a couple people I know have been around/work on or around planes.
Its not uncommon for even big airlines to use aircraft tape to fix minor things.
Ive flown ryanair about a dozen times now with not one problem.
I havent even had an issue with them making me check my bag.
Ive packed carryons within onces of their limit
(They actually had a scale out to weigh peoples carry on bags once

bottomline...its all hype
O leary is a great marketer
Fly ryanair

#gmanifesto

I am the cock carousel

Maybe I am missing something here. Why is gmanifesto getting a couple of mentions?

G made a thread
Can you change a flight on Ryanair?

A long time ago about ryanair and people bitched at him..saying a person as rich as him shouldnt even be on a cheap airline.

Savings are savings is what I say
You dont stay rich by blowing your money

I am the cock carousel