rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Vladimir Putin thread

Okay the other thread has gotten kind of outdated..Kiev is Not burning atm.
Now I am making a thread for those of us that got kind of a Russia love going.Putin is a mix of Napoleon , Charles Bronson and Dirty Harry in one!Keeps feminists away, gay pride away, jezabel away, and doesn't know the meaning of PC.
But I am losing my respect for him. I mean he is sitting there and doing nothing while half Ukraine asked his help to protect them if they succeed. In Crimea they are protesting and begging for him.RVF members have sent him a "help me obi-wan"
What does he do? remains quiet while his country gets threatened by the Maple leaf country and that Rice chick. He has every legal obligation to get involved... his citizens are on the ground(a large % in Crimea have Russian passports). So WTF..where is he?
DaveR? Go bitch slap him!

Longshanks: The trouble with Scotland is that it's full of Scots.
Putin: The trouble with Ukraine is that it's full of Ukrainians.

I try to look at things as neutrally as I can. Surely he gets just a little too much love here? However, that said, I am sure there are a ton of things moving behind the scenes. Right now now he is playing it cool and is effectively saying to the new Ukraine government "your move." It's up to them to either calm things down or be provocative.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Quote: (02-24-2014 12:00 PM)jimukr104 Wrote:  

his citizens are on the ground. So WTF..where is he?

Uh? [Image: huh.gif]

too much putinphiliac for my taste.

"What is important is to try to develop insights and wisdom rather than mere knowledge, respect someone's character rather than his learning, and nurture men of character rather than mere talents." - Inazo Nitobe

When i´m feeling blue, when i just need something to shock me up, i look at this thread and everything get better!

Letters from the battlefront: Argentina

I feel humbled by what's taken place in the last two days; completely opposite of my initial expectations. I doubt many people would have predicted what's happened, especially so soon.

Ukraine's parliament passed a law yesterday making Ukrainian the sole official language of the country, replacing an older law that recognized Russian as well.

The vast majority of Ukraine's parliament, including many members of Yanuk's party, voted Yanuk out of office.

But I am losing my respect for him.

I beleive the problem is not that he would be failing to meet your respect, but that like a virgin who has first encountered an alpha guy, you have put too much expectations on him.

You ideolize one man too much. He is a badass, but he is just a man and not an incarnation of Alphagod and definately not a saviour of maledom.

Quote: (02-24-2014 12:34 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

Ukraine's parliament passed a law yesterday making Ukrainian the sole official language of the country, replacing an older law that recognized Russian as well.

This doesn't bode well at all.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Quote: (02-24-2014 12:44 PM)Mage Wrote:  

But I am losing my respect for him.

I beleive the problem is not that he would be failing to meet your respect, but that like a virgin who has first encountered an alpha guy, you have put too much expectations on him.

[Image: ohshit.gif]

Nice Braveheart reference.

[Image: ksCHwfd.jpg]

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Quote: (02-24-2014 12:46 PM)RexImperator Wrote:  

Quote: (02-24-2014 12:34 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

Well actually we expected that.. I mean god forbid the unity gov't actually try to form a unity of the whole country. This will just be a repeat of 2004 all over.When the law was passed a while back a fist fight broke out in the Rada..that is pretty common, as well as egg throwing.
Yes... his parliament turned against him. .to be expected(although many were absent due to being at the Succession meeting in kharkiv). By signing that accord he basically sold them out. Payback is a bitch. The Party of Regions needs to get a new candidate and have thrown him to the curve.
"Winning isn't everything..its the only thing"..those who lose tend to end up in jail. Then again those who become Politicians tend to have be incarcerated also..lol

This thread is getting hijacked about Ukraine internal politics, we have a thread about that"kiev is burning", lets stick to Russia's response here?

Putin is the cover story of this week's 'Spectator' (my favourite current affairs magazine).

The story argues that Putin is trying to launch a world-wide cultural movement in which he can win support from all those people around the world who are sick of the multi-cultural liberal gay rights agenda which is taking over the west.

You can read it here:

http://www.spectator.co.uk/features/9142...asterplan/

Okay the other thread has gotten kind of outdated..Kiev is Not burning atm.
Now I am making a thread for those of us that got kind of a Russia love going.Putin is a mix of Napoleon , Charles Bronson and Dirty Harry in one!Keeps feminists away, gay pride away, jezabel away, and doesn't know the meaning of PC.
But I am losing my respect for him. I mean he is sitting there and doing nothing while half Ukraine asked his help to protect them if they succeed. In Crimea they are protesting and begging for him.RVF members have sent him a "help me obi-wan"
What does he do? remains quiet while his country gets threatened by the Maple leaf country and that Rice chick. He has every legal obligation to get involved... his citizens are on the ground(a large % in Crimea have Russian passports). So WTF..where is he?
DaveR? Go bitch slap him!

Perhaps, he didn't do any of the above recommendations because his hand was weak. He knew he had a losing team in Ukraine and it was time to regroup.

"Equality may perhaps be a right, but no power on earth can ever turn it into a fact."

"Want him to be more of a man? Try being more of a woman!"

"It is easier to be a lover than a husband, for the same reason that it is more difficult to be witty every day, than to say bright things from time to time."

Balzac, Physiology of Marriage

I think Putin is multi-faceted and resonates with people in different ways:

Putin #1 - International traditional Cultural Warrior (family, anti-gay, traditional gender roles)
Putin #2 - Russian imperialist ("Ukraine is not even it's own country George"), aspirations for pseudo-Soviet Eurasian unions
Putin #3 - Russian autocrat, anti-dissent (crackdowns on dissent, protests, control of press and internet)
Putin #4 - Oligarch (amasser of wealth)
Putin #5 - President, Russian nationalist, supporter of the Russian national interest against any international or external coercion, celebration of culture, tradition (Olympics)
Putin #6 - Strategic thinker about world events outside Russia

My thoughts:
He is admirable for #1 and #5.
He is misguided and thinking wrong with #2, but he is not the first Russian leader to do this.
He risks losing power for #3 and for #4 as his Soviet predecessors did a generation ago and Yankovich did recently.
He is weak with #6 and could lead him to miscalculate world events and fail regarding his aspirations.

"Equality may perhaps be a right, but no power on earth can ever turn it into a fact."

"Want him to be more of a man? Try being more of a woman!"

"It is easier to be a lover than a husband, for the same reason that it is more difficult to be witty every day, than to say bright things from time to time."

Balzac, Physiology of Marriage

Quote: (02-24-2014 12:46 PM)RexImperator Wrote:  

Yeah it's all but guaranteed to inflame tensions...Europe hasn't seen a complete country meltdown since Yugoslavia, I hope Ukraine doesn't break that streak.