rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

A fat person has you pinned down on the ground- how do you escape?

Serious, but hypothetical question:

The best I've been able to find is this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_(grap...the_bottom

Any other insights from those who've actually been in fights?

Royce Gracie could have destroyed this Sumo Champion in a minute, but his father taught him to restrain punching the opponent

offer him a donut? [Image: angel.gif]

You escape by not letting them secure their position, I.E. don't let them get set on top of you and hold you tight, and shrimping out. If you let them get on top of you and suck up all of that space you're fucked. It's significantly more difficult to escape once they are hugging tight to your body. Never let them get setup tight liket hat.

Truth is though, without a lot of hours grappling, it probably won't work for you. Reading a Wikipedia article or watching some YouTube videos isn't going to get it done.

Here are a couple good videos, but really you need to practice this shit a lot.

Thinking quickly - you pull out your pack of watermelon flavored oreos and roll them in the opposite direction of which you desire to travel.

Wald

Take the sommelier knife from my pocket and start stabbing

Feel free to PM me for wine advice or other stuff
ROK Article: 5 Reasons To Have Wine On A Date
RVF Wine Thread

tickle the fatty

Bahahahahaa I'm drunk as fuck and I just saw this.

Classic.

Don't hang around fat people.

Problem = solved

It's a widely know fact that fat people don't go hunting for their prey.

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

Bridge, post, and shrimp out from underneath.

If that doesn't work, try pain compliance. I had good results with finger and wrist locks. Death grips on anything loose can induce a lot of pain, if you have the finger strength.

If you can't get a grip try striking some vital points. The bladder, floating ribs, solar plexus. But this is tough to do as fat has protective properties.

But you could always take up Eagle Claw kung fu.

I hate to admit this, but I've been in this situation. I have an overweight brother who was a total bully to me -- and to my younger brother. So, going back to when we were kids:

My method: pinch part of his fat HARD and hold it until he can't stand it.

My younger brother's method: punch his face like a machine and simply don't stop.

Fun fact: once he realized he couldn't bully us physically anymore, he devised other methods of tormenting us. One was that he pissed in my bed. True story.

Best not to allow someone to get the dominant position on you. If it cannot be avoided then you're pretty fucked, eye gouges and groin attacks maybe?

All of the pinching, grabbing fingers, eye gouging, etc. is dangerous.

You're trapped on the ground, with a big dude on top of you, and you can't get up. Do you really want to escalate the fight into gouging eyes and breaking fingers?

Think about it. He could literally lean down, and bite your fucking nose off.

He could bite your nose off at any point anyway, or slit your throat. You don't know his intentions, I'm not fighting in the street for style points, the moment an attacker tries to control you, or does physical harm, is the moment you trigger the animalistic all bets off fighting.

If some dude pulls a knife and asks for my wallet I'm giving him my wallet. If some dude pulls a knife and tells me to get in a car, I'm fighting that guy with everything I have. Secondary crime scenes kills. Not fighting in every way possible on the assumption that your attacker has only the best of intentions sounds like a pretty sure fire way of getting fucked up.

Striking and submissions when you're pinned? Are those Krav Maga techniques? Going for the eye gouge is very likely to get parts of your arm broken by anyone who knows the basics.

If someone has you mounted, or side control you need to escape, get to a better position or get up and out.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/18966...of-escapes
(starts halfway down the page at The Elbow Escape)

If the situation warrants then use the Zimmerman escape with the pistola or do as Tengen suggests. Pistol on one side knife on the opposite. You still will need to know how to correctly make space, and practice many times against different body types, iot to access the weapons while being g n p. RioNomad's post is good. There's no substitute for mat time!

edit: lets assume the situation Tytalus is talking about is his fat cousin drunk at the family bbq who has gotten out of hand. I'm sure everyone has a relative like that, who needs to be handled but without permanent injury or groin attacks. In that case use the sports fighting techniques already posted.

@Rio,

If he is close enough to bite my nose off, then so am I.

A truism about the fight game: there is no such thing as a perfectly defended attack. Any attack opens the possibility of a counter attack.

You could carry safety pins to stick in them if they befall.

I think that if a fat managed to get me on the ground, I'd probably just play dead until it lifted.

Never play dead. I've heard brain damage is no fun.

Whenever I go for the nose-bite from the mount, I place my hands on my opponents neck and squeeze (think Homer vs Bart Simpson), or cross face while controlling the other arm. This is to keep their head in one place and to prevent any parts of my face from being bitten.

Hell, if you're going through a dry spell, you might as well lay there for a while and enjoy it.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (02-22-2014 01:57 AM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

I hate to admit this, but I've been in this situation. I have an overweight brother who was a total bully to me -- and to my younger brother. So, going back to when we were kids:

My method: pinch part of his fat HARD and hold it until he can't stand it.

My younger brother's method: punch his face like a machine and simply don't stop.

Fun fact: once he realized he couldn't bully us physically anymore, he devised other methods of tormenting us. One was that he pissed in my bed. True story.

shark bites. you can pinch their leg tightly and repeatedly

Also if they lean in to bite, pull them in for a choke.

But the person on top is in a better position to do so. Rios point is that u shouldnt escalate the level of violence in a fight when u are in an inferior position because if ur opponent survives your attack, he is in a better position to do the same and much worse to you.

Example: lets say ive got an an opponent in a kimura (shoulder lock) with the intention of only controlling him until he calms down. If he tries to bite my arm to escape, im going to get angry and snap his shit up then stomp him hard when hes incapacitated. Sure the bite will hurt, I might be bleeding a bit, but he will be significantly worse off when im done with him.

Quote: (02-22-2014 03:47 AM)Draugr Wrote:  

Also if they lean in to bite, pull them in for a choke.

[Image: huh.gif] Is there a video of this technique?

Its a guillotine from the guard.