rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Deadline ABC has approached me...

And they want to do a special on myself and my book etc.

I haven't made a decision yet, but am leaning towards 'yes'.

They want to shadow me on camera for a night out while I coach one of my students (From Beta To Alpha program).

A lot to consider here. Feedback/comments welcome.

You should do it.

You should even consider using your real identity.

There is no such thing as bad publicity.

Just make sure you are careful not to reveal too much to them in case it turns out to be a hatchet job.

Of course do it! Think of it is a huge free advertising gift.

Take care of those titties for me.

Quote: (02-20-2014 07:16 PM)The Texas Prophet Wrote:  

Just make sure you are careful on to reveal too much to them in case it turns out to be a hatched job.

Yes. They can film you for 8 hours and edit together 5 minutes of what you said. If you do the special make sure not to stumble anywhere.

Record the whole interview. Get your own cameraman to follow you around with theirs. Make sure he is down to ride.

Check out my occasionally updated travel thread - The Wroclaw Gambit II: Dzięki Bogu - as I prepare to emigrate to Poland.

Why not? Roosh went on TV and it seemed to work out good for him. Mystery went on Jay Leno. Neil Strauss was on Jimmy Kimmel. Can't avoid the camera forever if you wanna blow up.

If you have the whole footage of everything, a hatchet job would be the BEST thing that could happen to you. You could expose their bullshit, cause a controversy, and be the good figure beat down by the bullshit powers that be.

You can't prove it if you don't have the footage though. So spend the $200 or $500 or whatever it takes to have someone follow you around with a camcorder the entire time these jerkoffs are dealing with you.

Check out my occasionally updated travel thread - The Wroclaw Gambit II: Dzięki Bogu - as I prepare to emigrate to Poland.

Im sure they will try make you out to be a creepy pua guy but do it anyway.

Are you sure the person who reached out to you actually works for ABC and isn't somebody trying to out your identity?

Be careful, the media can (has) edited certain parts of videos to make it look like the person they are interviewing has said something controversial. The one I saw was fox news with a John Cena interview, asking him if he did steroids. Saw the edited and unedited version and the edited version was ridiculous.

Some reporters were going to do a report on Monsanto because of what they had learned and the higher ups didn't want them too. The reporters sued but the courts ruling was that the media does't have to tell the truth. So they can essentially spin it anyway they like.

If you do decide to do it, good luck!

90% sure they will try to fuck you. Real talk.

I like the suggestions guys are giving to have your own cameraman with you. If Deadline decides to spin the piece in a negative way, your own footage could then be used as part of a documentary on the kinds of media bias we're always talking about on this forum.

Regardless, I'd watch.

Remember us when you get famous!

Fame is like the heaven that RVF members go to.

Look at Neil- he's gone.. never posts anymore.

You will need to have your media game down to a T. They will most likely try to portray you in the most pathetic/creepy light possible. With heavy editing and enough footage even the coolest guy can be made to look like a total dweeb. Also be prepared for the possibility of being painted as some sort of "rape enabler" for teaching men how to seduce women.

Overall I would say it's worth the risk though. There's little distinction in our society between fame and notoriety anymore, so simply having that kind of increased exposure will probably end up being a good thing for you, even if they try to make you look bad on purpose.

It's definitely not something you want to take lightly, however. If you decide to do it I would advise you to get a weekend boot camp of media training from someone in the business. You probably have contacts with professional PR people and such. Just knowing the most common tips and tricks of appearing well on camera and answering media questions can make you come across much better than you would otherwise.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

Congrats!

Have fun!

This will be awesome!

Don't buy into their frame! haha

Don't do it if you are worried about your identity. Even, and especially if they promise not to reveal your personal info, it will happen.

If you're not worried about a possible hatchet job, the publicity you will receive as a result will be unbelievable.

the peer review system
put both
Socrates and Jesus
to death
-GBFM

Do you mean Dateline (NBC)?

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Quote: (02-20-2014 07:16 PM)The Texas Prophet Wrote:  

There is no such thing as bad publicity.

Just make sure you are careful not to reveal too much to them in case it turns out to be a hatchet job.

Yup, those hatchet jobs can be a pain in the neck.

Btw, it's Dateline NBC - though Deadline NBC is a good diss.

Do it.

No brainer.

It will shoot your book sales through the roof.

Everyone loves to hate people. This is America. But enough guys who don't hate you will carry you.

Just know that you're going "all in" by doing a special. Anonymity is over.

If you're not ready to go all in, why are you even fucking around selling books?

Play the game at the highest level. Let the try smashing you. It will grow your business.

I say do it and it's not even a close call.

Don't do it. It's too early in your career and won't do you any good at this point. Better to gradually keep building your brand and expanding the circle as you've been doing.

Don't trade your precious privacy for some cheap premature fame. Let the TV shows come when you have enough money and power that you cannot be fucked with.

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

Make sure you clown on Lester's style and then offer him advice

[Image: attachment.jpg17186]   

Quote: (02-20-2014 07:41 PM)The Lizard of Oz Wrote:  

Don't do it. It's too early in your career and won't do you any good at this point. Better to gradually keep building your brand and expanding the circle as you've been doing.

Don't trade your precious privacy for some cheap premature fame. Let the TV shows come when you have enough money and power that you cannot be fucked with.

It's a good thing you weren't advising the Kardashians.

Kim, don't make a sex tape! You're too young!

I think it would be unrealistic to assume they will not try to spin the interview as they see fit in the editing room. I would do as other suggested and buy yourself a button(concealed) hidden camera to go around with you while their filming if you have to debunk any spin they use down the line.

When its all said in done this is going to be free publicity that will reach lots of people and as they say there is no such thing as bad publicity.

For what its worth I say go for it.

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

Mike,

As far as I know, McQueen is not sporting a pair of DD's. [Image: wink.gif]

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

WWRD?