rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What are guest policies like in the Philippines?

While there is plenty of talk about going, I am surprised how little I have heard regarding guest policies and cockblocking. I hope the lack of mentioning means that this rarely applies, but I'm not really sure.

So from experience how easy is it to find a hotel that allows you to bring in one guest and out of those that don't give you an issue with having one guest, do they tend to be in the higher price range, lower, or in all price ranges?

Seriously, so many people wanna go, no one wants to show up in the Phils, only to find out that hotels won't even let you do what you came all the way here to do!

Hopin for this to not have a negative impact on my stay, this issue affects all of us thinkin about Phils [Image: wink.gif]

Although, if this is a problem, I might consider alternative living accommodation options.

Another PI thread to ask one question?

[Image: facepalm3.gif]

As long as you are wearing flip flops and boardshorts the no guest policy will be waived.

Quote: (02-20-2014 09:05 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

This is something that basically never gets mentioned. I knew someone would come and complain, but I already did what I should have done prior to starting the thread - looking to see if there are answers on here already. Turns out, there is hardly any mention of this anywhere.

It is not "just" one question. It is an important topic like the others. Who wants to show up in the Phils, only to find out that they cockblock you? I wanna clear this up before I even consider a plane ticket [Image: wink.gif]

Eh, just link the dude to the main Philippines thread. His question is reasonable and well written at least.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Quote: (02-20-2014 09:08 AM)Teddykgb Wrote:  

As long as you are wearing flip flops and boardshorts the no guest policy will be waived.

Are you actually serious about this? lol
I never thought such a thing would be true.

If that's the case, well then, when I go get the girl, I just put those things on, go get her and come back with her and my flipfops and shorts on and proceed on!

But this is serious, I want to make sure things work because these policies could ruin my stay if they have the policies and I can't get around them. I'm gonna be there awhile.

Of the 3 girls I have brought back I have not been hassled at all. I just walk right past the front desk and into the elevator. I'm in the $40 to $60 a night price range hotels in Manila.

Quote: (02-20-2014 09:12 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

Eh, just link the dude to the main Philippines thread. His question is reasonable and well written at least.

Which one is that? Keyword searches yield nothing regarding 'guest policy' and 'hotel' in Phillipines, except one post where someone said something like "I never had a problem in 2 dozen or more hotels through SE asia, except one in Cebu, Phils" So so far, it is just one negative result that does little more than just make it look like cockblocking might be more a Phils thing. But either way, I only found one thing about this.

Quote: (02-20-2014 09:16 AM)Teddykgb Wrote:  

Of the 3 girls I have brought back I have not been hassled at all. I just walk right past the front desk and into the elevator. I'm in the $40 to $60 a night price range hotels in Manila.

Ok thanks. so far, not so bad.

So I am hoping that the lack of mentioning in these forums is because simply this issue doesn't arrise with people an they go on with their business. I hope that's the norm.

I didn't have problems either and non of the people I've meet.

The question is fine. I'm saying there's 7 PI threads on the first page of the travel section, and 10 on the first two.

If you have a random PI question, post in one of those. This question, and asking how to know if FilipinoCupid chicks are "DTF", would be best in one of the existing threads to keep the forum from getting cluttered.

If everyone who has one random question about the PI or Thailand starts a new thread, we'd have fifty new threads a day knocking all of the other good info back down the forum.

I might be an asshole, but I think that makes sense.

Quote: (02-20-2014 09:11 AM)Ilovejaneandfinch Wrote:  

This is something that basically never gets mentioned. I knew someone would come and complain, but I already did what I should have done prior to starting the thread - looking to see if there are answers on here already. Turns out, there is hardly any mention of this anywhere.

It is not "just" one question. It is an important topic like the others. Who wants to show up in the Phils, only to find out that they cockblock you? I wanna clear this up before I even consider a plane ticket [Image: wink.gif]

You should have just posted this in another thread and seen if you got a response (which you would have). Normally this is a non-issue in the phils, but as always, it's your responsibility to ask the hotel before paying about the guest policy. I stayed in a place once that had a midnight guest policy. No girls after midnight. Other than that, no real problems, then again I almost always ask.

Agreed. There are already x numbers of PI threads, do we need another one for just one single question?

Here's a suggestion to Roosh:

To post a thread, the poster has to have at least 100 posts. This would avoid this repetitive threads about topics which have been covered as nauseam here.

Quote: (02-20-2014 01:00 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

To post a thread, the poster has to have at least 100 posts. This would avoid this repetitive threads about topics which have been covered as nauseam here.

But surely it would increase low value post hunting trying to hit their 100 posts as quick as possible.

Quote: (02-20-2014 09:27 PM)Innuendo Wrote:  

Quote: (02-20-2014 01:00 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

But surely it would increase low value post hunting trying to hit their 100 posts as quick as possible.

Also, there are a lot of new guys who have posted nice data sheets in their very few first posts. I think at least were a couple in places not covered before. So they couldn't share until they dropped 100 posts would keep info from getting out.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

The 100 posts rule before starting a new thread for newbies would apply unless its a data sheet. Best example being that absolutely smashing first post and phenomenal data sheet by SmashBaditCoot on gaming high end Manila girls.
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-33339.html

Contrast this to this uber crappy one here by trojanhorse
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-33380.html

Which one provides more usable, actionable value to the Forum? A no brainer really!

This is something Roosh and Tuth should really take a serious look at.

People with less posts tend to be less advanced. Therefore they will be asking more questions and giving less answers, which means they post questions, which sometimes require a new thread.big they need 100 posts to post a new thread they will either spam crap until they get 100 or post their question in a place it doesn't belong.

Sorry about grammar. Typed from my phone.

Founding Member of TEAM DOUBLE WRAPPED CONDOMS

Quote: (02-21-2014 09:12 PM)Switch Wrote:  

People with less posts tend to be less advanced. Therefore they will be asking more questions and giving less answers, which means they post questions, which sometimes require a new thread.big they need 100 posts to post a new thread they will either spam crap until they get 100 or post their question in a place it doesn't belong.

Sorry about grammar. Typed from my phone.

Why couldn't they just post it in a relevant thread? Nothing stopping them from doing that.

Quote: (02-20-2014 08:44 AM)Ilovejaneandfinch Wrote:  

While there is plenty of talk about going, I am surprised how little I have heard regarding guest policies and cockblocking. I hope the lack of mentioning means that this rarely applies, but I'm not really sure.

So from experience how easy is it to find a hotel that allows you to bring in one guest and out of those that don't give you an issue with having one guest, do they tend to be in the higher price range, lower, or in all price ranges?

Seriously, so many people wanna go, no one wants to show up in the Phils, only to find out that hotels won't even let you do what you came all the way here to do!

Hopin for this to not have a negative impact on my stay, this issue affects all of us thinkin about Phils [Image: wink.gif]

Although, if this is a problem, I might consider alternative living accommodation options.

Drop a data sheet on jane & finch! haha. For those of you outside of Toronto thats basically considered the most ghetto part of Toronto. People from that region probably look at it similar to how they'd look at a place like Camden even though it didn't look all that bad when I visited the York campus which is nearby.

Quote: (02-21-2014 10:43 PM)lavidaloca Wrote:  

Quote: (02-20-2014 08:44 AM)Ilovejaneandfinch Wrote:  

Drop a data sheet on jane & finch! haha. For those of you outside of Toronto thats basically considered the most ghetto part of Toronto. People from that region probably look at it similar to how they'd look at a place like Camden even though it didn't look all that bad when I visited the York campus which is nearby.

Lol. I knew someone would mention my intersection. But ya. If anyone knows any extra stuff about the Philippines, just put together a data sheet and post it on the busstop glass in front of Jane Finch mall so I have something useful to read until the bus comes lol

@Ilovejaneandfinch I never had any problems while was there, I was at a mid range hotel ($40) my first night in Phils some cabbie took me to i had only found this forum maybe a week before while googling what to do in Phils and knew nothing. I hadn't slept for probably 36 hours and was still drunk as shit from partying in Rapongi all night with some guy I met from Switzerland. It was decent inside actually but in the slums of ermita (not to self never again stay in ermita) After sleeping for 10 hours went out to some club met a couple of chicks bringing them in wasn't an issues at all although they had to leave their ID's with security. After reading a thread (high life in Manila or something to that effect a lot of good info there) ended up in Makati at hotel Antel Upscale place maybe$-$100 $150 a night stayed for a week no probs at all. My last three weeks rented a private condo at Gramercy no problems there (now there is a club inside that makes it more convenient then ever). I had the same worry and couldn't find the answer then again I only found this forum a week before I left, but it could vary from place to place this was just my experience....

Quote: (02-22-2014 12:36 PM)slotek Wrote:  

@Ilovejaneandfinch I never had any problems while was there, I was at a mid range hotel ($40) my first night in Phils some cabbie took me to i had only found this forum maybe a week before while googling what to do in Phils and knew nothing. I hadn't slept for probably 36 hours and was still drunk as shit from partying in Rapongi all night with some guy I met from Switzerland. It was decent inside actually but in the slums of ermita (not to self never again stay in ermita) After sleeping for 10 hours went out to some club met a couple of chicks bringing them in wasn't an issues at all although they had to leave their ID's with security. After reading a thread (high life in Manila or something to that effect a lot of good info there) ended up in Makati at hotel Antel Upscale place maybe$-$100 $150 a night stayed for a week no probs at all. My last three weeks rented a private condo at Gramercy no problems there (now there is a club inside that makes it more convenient then ever). I had the same worry and couldn't find the answer then again I only found this forum a week before I left, but it could vary from place to place this was just my experience....

Ok thanks. that sounds good. I guess that if most only go as far as requiring ID (or just charging a second guest if you bring more than one) then bringing just one (which is all you should ever need) should be a piece of cake.

On an OT, I am not sure what thread I am supposed to write this in for the Phils, but I did read about certain areas such areas near Davao that are a no go zone due to threat of violence. I heard that they advise against all travel to Davao, Zamboanga ect. Anywhere on the island, the one that contains Davao. I hear Cebu and Manila are considered just normal security level, but those other areas are now a threat zone. this should be made visible to those that considered the abduction-prone zones of the country to go and visit.