rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Manosphere Remembrance Day

Hey guys, wanted to start a thread here related to my post today: Manosphere Remembrance Day. I'm sure some of you have been longtime readers of the many writers in these parts, and some of you are relatively newer. But I hope this thread can serve as a great place to mention any past bloggers you loved who aren't around anymore, and share some of their advice/style/memory with the other guys on the Forum who never read them.

http://thequestfor50.com/manosphere-remembrance-day/

When I first came here, Gmac was one of my inspirations. He had great attitude and approach to online dating, which I integrated into my own. Even though he wasn't a blogger, Mixx was also a big influence for me here. Too bad that things got sour with him.

Some people say that Heartiste is a different guy from Citizen Renegade/Roissy. If that's true, then that's an obvious one to remember.

I haven't tried looking him up in while, so I don't know if he's still active, but Cajun from Love Systems also influenced a lot of my game a few years back.

Whatever happened to Gmac?

I think Gmac still lurks/posts around here sometimes.

I kind of wonder if some of the guys I mentioned are also here under different names.

Repeating what I commented on Dagonet's article - 3rd Millennium Men was phenomenal. George, the guy who ran it, had phenomenal game tips and had views which weren't completely out of line with a lot of PC views. I thought he'd be the one to take the manosphere mainstream. Unfortunately, the blog is private now.

I'd be grateful for an archive of their posts if anyone has it.

What about Mixx, he still around somewhere?

3rd Millennium Men was solid; I was never a daily reader but would catch good posts here and there.

And I haven't heard anything about Mixx...

Did any of you guys ever read PaulTheKing? I wish I had saved his archives. Paul, if you're out there, PM me.

Solomon's writings. It was a perfect summary of what I had been feeling coming out of a 3yr relationship.

Thank you.

Nice idea and good post.

The Man Who was Thursday was good and I saved some of his stuff after he deleted his blog but before it was gone from google reader. I'm pretty sure he still comments here and there under either 'Thursday' or 'The Man Who Was'. One great quote of his, "It is one of the saddest facts of life that you only get to bang hot girls once your ability to appreciate them has decreased."

University of Man. So many great posts in such a short time. Just disappeared one sad day.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

really liked Doc Love, way back, like 2000-2001. His formula for building attraction is probably the most well constructed, thought out. But its not SNL, its more relationship game, or how to create a relationship with someone. Since I read him, and met him, his book and writing on askmen sort of took off and hes doing pretty well from it. When I found him he was pretty obscure, probably the first 'info-product' I ever bought off the web.

RIP Professors Mentu and Ashur of University of Man. That blog led me to RVF, and I checked it every Wednesday to read "100 Words of Hate". One day, Ashur wrote a post saying that he'd be covering while Mentu was on business, a few days later, Mentu posted that the site wouldn't be updated anymore, after completing only about a third of their intended post count, and the next day, the site was gone.

(LeapofBeta @ stagedreality.wordpress.com reposts old Uman entries if anyone has missed them.)

"Make a little music everyday 'til you die"

Voice teacher here. If you ever need help with singing, speech and diction, accent improvement/reduction, I'm your man.

For a while it seemed, a few manosphere blogs were disappearing every week. I didn't read most of them, but I also didn't know about many of 'em until a forum member posted that they were gone. Alpha Persona and The University of Man among them.

That said, I googled "manosphere blogs that shut down" and came across this post by The Private Man: The Manosphere Is Evolving which details some blogs that shuttered and others that opened.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

I'm not sure if it's "manosphere" but:

http://www.kratosguide.com/

Great blog that covers a wide array of interesting topics. He just stopped posting one day, which is a real shame. He provided a couple of gems before leaving though, especially this one. The whole site is worth reading through.

Quote: (02-14-2014 02:01 PM)Dagonet Wrote:  

I kind of wonder if some of the guys I mentioned are also here under different names.

I used to have a fairly popular blog that I had to shut down. Not on your list but you'd remember it.

Aziz Nuts in yo mothafuckin' mouth - @aziz_nuts

I wonder which one of us is Roissey.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:41 AM)soup Wrote:  

I had a thought that probably some pretty simple writing analysis could tell us if the original guy is still there. You think he's here on the forum?

I'm pretty certain he's on rvf. I also think it's the same guy who is still writing the blog.

I had thought that Roissy was just Heartiste...but since I think Dagonet brought it up on the show [?], isn't it multiple guys writing on there? Their latest post refers to the "Chateau staff of life". A lot of the writing style seems similarly detailed though, so maybe it is just to throw us off.

You don't get there till you get there

Light a candle for Gmanifesto. He's either swooping topless chicks in Monte Carlo, or too obsessed with making 70th level in World of Warcraft to post right now.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Slim, I think he's just joking around with the whole chateau staff thing.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:50 AM)MattW Wrote:  

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:41 AM)soup Wrote:  

I had a thought that probably some pretty simple writing analysis could tell us if the original guy is still there. You think he's here on the forum?

Delicious tacos?

The main people on this board who helped me get better at getting laid and aren't here any longer are Gmac, Mixx, and Naughty Nomad. I credit them and Roissy's blog for opening my eyes to what's possible.

Lumiere and Entropy4 were great contributors that today at most lurk. The latter still has his blog though but he's gone mainstream. Can't blame him, guys doing well for himself.

Quote: (02-16-2014 05:53 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

Lumiere and Entropy4 were great contributors that today at most lurk. The latter still has his blog though but he's gone mainstream. Can't blame him, guys doing well for himself.

According to multiple forum members Lumiere is now JJ Roberts, e.g. here and here.

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?