rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

NSFW: Just Gets Better - Plus-size model slams retailers for using slim mannequins

NSFW: Just Gets Better - Plus-size model slams retailers for using slim mannequins

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL - enough already - granted I could just not post this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/articl...-sell.html

Quote:Quote:

A U.S. size 16 model has slammed plus-size retailers for using models and in-store mannequins considerably smaller than the clothes they sell.

Alex LaRosa, 23, from Los Angeles, California, told the Huffington Post: that while fashion collections usually start at a size 14 they are displayed on dummies as small as a size 8.

She says this causes consumers to suffer from 'body image issues' as they set themselves 'unrealistic expectations.'

'You're telling women, "You want to look like these models. This is what you should look like, but it's never going to happen."'

Not sure if your monitor is big enough for the pic. Give me more russian girl pics.
[Image: article-2538664-1AA2DFD400000578-835_634x761.jpg]

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

I wonder if she ever entertained the idea that the models are based on the size of a normal healthy woman

EDIT: BTW, put a nsfw, or maybe nsf anywhere tag on this at least

Speaking of mannequins...

When I was in high school + college, whenever I was in a store with mannequins, I would have a buddy or girl take pics of me 'licking' the tits of mannequins.

Made for a hysterical photo collection, but alas, if they incorporate big boned ones, then I will have to abstain.

I have a feeling they would complain if the mannequins looked like this.

[Image: bariatric.jpg]

Her dress must be reinforced with carbon fibers to prevent her enormous gut from bursting through. I don't know if it's worse when the obese woman's fat accumulates at the waist or at the hips.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

'You're telling women, "You want to look like these models. This is what you should look like, but it's never going to happen."'

Yup, a moderate amount of daily exercise and decent eating habits are "never going to happen". I guess this is what their 'empowerment' is...trying to lower the bar instead of trying to meet it.

Quote: (01-15-2014 12:07 PM)Architekt Wrote:  

I wonder if she ever entertained the idea that the models are based on the size of a normal healthy woman

EDIT: BTW, put a nsfw, or maybe nsf anywhere tag on this at least

Not sure how unsafe for work it is since most people have fat chicks at work. But I was luckily able to edit it before it got locked in.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

It's more the not safe for eyes factor I was concerned about

She got second degree burns on her feet.

Nope.

Would she complain to fast food restaurants? 'My burger never came out like the one in posters'

From her Model Mayhem page:

Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 200 lbs

Bust: 43"
Waist: 37"
Hips: 53"
CupBig GrinD
Dress: 16

Being fat is a choice. It must be easier to change the world than to put the fork down.

Team Nachos

Oh god, this is considered to be a "model"

Add this to the "WTF mannequin list";

[Image: MANNEQUINAA.jpg]

American Apparel goes for shock value apparently

Quote: (01-17-2014 10:10 AM)UnW Wrote:  

Oh god, this is considered to be a "model"

Ya, a model of what? Poor health?

I'm the King of Beijing!

while fashion collections usually start at a size 14 they are displayed on dummies as small as a size 8.

Wait, what? Aren't there any women who wear clothing below 14? Even with size inflation that has happened in the last few decades, there still have to be lower clothing numbers like 6, 10 and so on.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Hotwheels, nice find.

If that were a real chick I'd happily hit it.

Please gentlemen, no movie references.

Quote: (01-15-2014 12:07 PM)McQueensPlayboyRules Wrote:  

Speaking of mannequins...

When I was in high school + college, whenever I was in a store with mannequins, I would have a buddy or girl take pics of me 'licking' the tits of mannequins.

Made for a hysterical photo collection, but alas, if they incorporate big boned ones, then I will have to abstain.

As a substitute, collect up empty junk food boxes and fast food weappers and photograph the plus-sized mannequins with them instead. It'll be more honest that way.

This "model" weight almost like me, and i am 13 cm higher....shit, she is a fricking whale!

"What is important is to try to develop insights and wisdom rather than mere knowledge, respect someone's character rather than his learning, and nurture men of character rather than mere talents." - Inazo Nitobe

When i´m feeling blue, when i just need something to shock me up, i look at this thread and everything get better!

Letters from the battlefront: Argentina

The thirst of America knows no bounds if this butter troll can be a "model".

Quote: (01-17-2014 02:34 PM)augen sehen Wrote:  

The thirst of America knows no bounds if this butter troll can be a "model".

Argh, I had to bleach my eye balls. I wish guys would put a warning before posting pics of morbidly obsese women, it's enough to give one ED.