rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Budapest datasheet 2013 nightlife

I wrote this up last year but then missed the deadline for a new id
I am a local if you have any questions or visiting just send me a pm

So here it goes, nightlife places in budapest in no particular order

Trafiq - Hercegprrimas 18 - Guys 2000/2500 HUF (1000 drinkable) / Girls 1000 HUF (1000 drinkable)

Trafiq is the main representation of the high end club scene in budapest. The girls are hot and with plenty of attitude to boost. After midnight they will start to pile in in pairs and fours. If you are into the VIP/bottle service game this should be your spot but by all means get the table next to the DJ booth as the others are not so good. The DJ spins a good tune so the dancefloor is always busy. You will always see a group of 4-5 guys with a single Tier-1 girl here.

Gozsdu udvar

Plenty of open-air or semi-open/heated tent areas. I dislike this place along with the ruin pubs as there are many seated sets, most of them mixed and nothing ever happens in places like this. If however you think is your niche by all means go for it.
Some bars here have a smaller/medium dancefloor downstairs.

Mignon - 2000 HUF

A very long bar facing the dancefloor gets extremely busy. Lots of mixed sets, music/dj and talent is rather mediocre.

Otkert - 2000 HUF

I think Trafiq is what Otkert wanted to be but did not manage to get there. There are lots of other bars in the neighbourhood of the cathedral.

Morrisons 2 - Szent Istvan 11

Free before 2100 and 500 HUF after. Thus this places peakes early. The bar queue is 4 deep right after 2100 but afterwards everyone goes to the dancefloors. Lots of 5s/6s and this means that the 7s feel their value is in the sky. Good warmup place if you want to start the night early. Popular with university students. One of the few places thats busy earlier in the week.

Hello Baby - Near Oktogon

Been here only once and the doorman let us in without any charge at 2am and inside it was rather sparse, more than half empty. Not sure if this club can achieve critical mass on any given night due to its location being just outside the central areas.

Doboz - Klauzal - Guys 1000 HUF drinkable / Girls free

This is the bread and butter of the mid-range club fare. Plenty of young talent and some out-of-towners prefer. Every friday/saturday the dancefloor is packed and a good layout means there are plenty of spaces where you can have a normal conversation as well. If you arrive at 11pm it might be still empty with chairs on the dancefloor while after 3am people will be leaving.

Peaches and Cream - Nagymezo - Free before midnight; 1500 HUF after

Calls itself an RnB club but the music is just normal mainstream clubfare. You better join the queue at 2315 on saturday if you want to get in free. Wednesday is student night and this is the place to go on that day. The white sofas are great places to chill and/or escalate and they are free (some clubs in the west would call these VIP tables as well)

Cheers - Nagymezo

A pub opposite Peaches where you can get drunk cheaply while waiting for Peaches to open and fill up. You will see who has the bands for the club already and it is quite obvious that everyone there is doing this.

Barrio Latino - Jokai st - usually free

This is the latin/salsa/reggeaton place. Has classes upto 2100-2130 and people stay on to dance to a DJ late night.

Symbol

A restaurant during the daytime transforms into a nightclub, where the VIP section is bigger than the normal bar/dancefloor area. Local businessowners and their girls frequent this place. Taxi costs about 2000 HUF from the centre

Urimuri - 2000 HUF Guys / 1000 HUF Girls

While the name/outside of the place suggest something high-end it is anything but. The paint is peeling off the walls and the toilets are a dump. However the dancefloor is covered by a tent and thus you can smoke while dancing if that is your thing. It can be a really bad sausgefest here, definitely not worth it. Since I have been there this place has moved to a new location.

Corvinteto - 500/1000 HUF

This is an electro/dubstep place with specific DJ lineups so check out their website on who is playing. Drinks are cheap so local students who are into the music frequent this place. Upstairs there is an open air terrace while the weather is good with the best views of budapest a nightvenue can offer.

Bars

Szimplakert

Rather expensive and full of tourist as it is on every backpackers list of places to visit in Budapest.

Mixx - Eiffel square

A high-end bar/club that used to be busy last season now almost completely empty. The focal point of the nightlife shifted towards the centre

B-City Pub - Zichy Jeno 32

Open 24h and has wifi. Need I say more.

Instant - Nagymezo st - Free allnight

A latenight bar with multiple dancefloors and an insane layout including one-way systems. Gets busy from 1am onwards and at 3am there are still people coming in from other venues. If you come with a group, you will lose your friends most easily here.

Comics shottail bar - Dohany u.

A rather expensive place but if you have an inner geek you will like the decor.

------

Places I have not been yet

Moulin Rogue - Nagymezo

From what I have seen from the crowd outside, the regulars are kinda older

Club Play

A club that aims to lure in great DJs and acts from the west. For club/house/electronic music lovers

Alcatraz

Apparantely owned by the ukranians and looks like a prison inside

Morrisons Liget

Has 30+ nights where you can get in for free if you are old. Have not figured the rationale for me to visit this place yet.

Pretty spot on, I don't like Doboz, tho. Morrisons 2 even less, because I have seen the insides on the club and I am not surprised the drinks there give me stomach cramps. My observation in the other places:

Morrisons Liget: Is the best out of the 3, but only go there out if the 30+ buli is NOT on program. Entrance is as always: 1500 without redeem. The area is a little far away and near one of the sketchiest parks of the city, so pulling here requires good knowledge of nightbus (plenty) or a taxi(best).

M. Rouge : Avoid. Not worth it.

Piaf : Full of prostitutes and cougars, avoid.

Instant:Avoid. Its free entrance but a whole saussagefest. You will never see so many thirsty tourists together.

Club Play : When I went, they had face and body control. They won't let ugly girls in. Not like there are many here.

Alcatraz : Sketchy. I have been there only for a private party though. The area is mostly tablea and some small dancing area in the middle. Mind though that I have never heard a girl say " Lets go to Alcatraz!!", the place does look full mafia.

Any thoughts on the Lukacs bath parties? I've got a friend who was in Budapest a couple years ago who went to one of them and absolutely loved it.

They look pretty good: http://lukacsbaths.com/lukacs-bath-parti...-budapest/

Quote: (01-14-2014 02:51 PM)zatara Wrote:  

Any thoughts on the Lukacs bath parties? I've got a friend who was in Budapest a couple years ago who went to one of them and absolutely loved it.

They look pretty good: http://lukacsbaths.com/lukacs-bath-parti...-budapest/

I haven't been but I heard from two sources that people have sex in the pool.
It is quite expensive for locals for a night out so you will find above average tourists there. Why would a local university girl will spend 20 EUR on the entrance fee alone? On the couchsurfing forum you will find people going every other month with 2-3 guys for every girl in that group.

any thoughts on White Angel over on the Buda side by the river? Went there a few years back and had an excellent time. some really gorgeous girls and the interior was impressive.

How much is the average bottle at clubs?

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

Bottle? As in bottle service? Why? Please don't give the Budapesti club owners crazy ideas!
I know however that the "high end" clubs do have bottle service but I almost never go that way. At Ötkert there is, but few people use it. I did buy a bottle of wine from them for 1700 huf, or 6 euros.

There is no reason to buy bottle service here. At high end places, you'll get pretty crazy prices (compared to the standard of living here of course). Just to give you an example at Trafiq, bottles start from 130 USD up until 450 USD. Ötkert is a little cheaper.

The average monthly wage here is 1000 USD before taxes. At high end places you can buy bottles from 20k-30k HUF, at other places it is simply not customary to do so. If you are dressed nice and standing at the bar, you may get approached by girls who want a free shot about once a night. They will dance and make-out with you in order to try to get it. Unless you are a local celebrity buying bottles seems like an overkill and it is mainly aimed at wealthy foreigners/tourists.

http://trafiq.hu/en/welcome/#bottleservice

GyopoPlayboy : I haven't been to white angel but I will put it on my list of places to visit this year

Im taking a second trip to budapest. I loved it..I didnt come in the summer though.
So im planning to go for about a week in june. I figure the Island should be open by now.

Ill be staying In the city center..Most likely Near oktagon.
I see theres been some decent new information here.

I really only went to a couple places. I honestly did sight seeing more than hitting any of the high in clubs.
But..That being said..Ive already got a couple girls excited about me coming back to the city.

But you know...I havent read anyone say they really pull from the Island.
Last time I was there..Even locals told me that girls don't go home with guys often from their. Its just a place to go and look flashy with your girlfriends.

Logistic wise...Its also kinda far off. like 30 minutes from octogon by tram (and you have to get on two trams) and 10-15 minutes by taxi.
You cant walk there. its almost an hour walk.
All my best bangs(along with methods from the forum) have been to walk a chick a max 15 minutes and end up at your place.
Even my last chicks..I could walk the girl to my place( I was staying 2 blocks from the castle park)
Be honest..who is really pulling the 10s from the island..and how

I am the cock carousel

The island is not a place where you pull a girl out of the blue and take her home, where you live just 10 minutes away and make out furiously with her all the way to your flat. From the island there are only 3 ways out :

1. This bad boy before 11:30 and after 5am :

[Image: 876_20090321_timotu.jpg]
It was built in the 60s, smells funny and kills boners. It's fun to ride but it's too slow.

2. This other bad boy : Ikarus 400 series.

[Image: ikarus260.jpg]

Forget your cologne, there's nothing like half-burn diesel mixed with oil. The girl will probably pass out from the fumes anyways. Also, from the island to the stop, you need to walk 15 to 20 minutes.

3. Taxi.

It's simple, the clubs in the island were put there by some crazy mofo on the bad times of Hungary (Mafias everywhere back then) who happens to be now in jail. It is for the jet set of Budapest living in Rozsadomb. If you pull a girl here, be sure to have a timed cab to pick you up. Calling them is easy but they only come real quick if you are near the city center. On the plus side, they have changed a lot now, and they are a lot more honest then they used to be before.

4. Rent a place in Obuda, especially near Szentlelek Ter. Relatively cheap, but the logistics for the rest of Budapest will be a nightmare. Plus : in August, it's a walk away from Sziget.

Ta!

PD: I hate to say it, but you need to have two out of three things in those places for 9.5s (If you believe number scales) : Muscles / Game / Hungarian Language. This or fame, but none of us here is famous. Unfortunately for me, I only have the last one, and not exactly native-like yet. I won't be pulling stunners out of Dokk soon.

here is a little gem, the SKYBAR (open in summer time at certain days only, so check their schedule)

http://www.bestofbudapest.com/budapest/n...y-bar.html

http://eventot.com/venue/budapest-sky-bar/218463

I have never seen as many 8s and 9s in one spot, so I would definitely go back. It looks like many girls come there to look for potential high society husbands but I can't confirm on that. Also, the place is expensive for Budapest (around 20 euro entrance and expect to pay a lot for wine, food and drinks). Minor point also, the close around midnight, if I remember well, so get there early (around 9pm). Then after closing people venu change to the bars around. Some social circle game seems to apply but it shouldn't be too difficult to become part of a hungarian circle, as they are quite open to conversation.

"Fart, and if you must, fart often. But always fart without apology. Fart for freedom, fart for liberty, and fart proudly" (Ben Franklin)

yes. I looked at that too. there are places to rent on the buda side...but nothing is over there.
you would be so far away from the main action in pest. it'll take you forever to get to the castle park ect.

it seems like the island is just a show an tell area.
if the cover charges are also crazy.it doesn't even sounds worth it.

I am the cock carousel

Yes, but don't discard Óbuda so quickly. There is a growing number of clubs (so far only some Hungarians know them) popping up in abandoned cinemas and such and Kobuci kert runs next to it the whole summer.Romai Part is just a few minutes away. Sziget takes place right next to it as well.

This being said, I don't recommend Buda for logistics, except for places close to the 4/6 tram.

Since I posted I went to Club Play, it is a standard club fare but with a large VIP section which costs 5000 HUF to enter. All the Tier 1 girls were in the VIP and "spoken for" within their social circle. The rest of the dance-floor was quite a sausagefest. No one else was approaching but there wasnt really anything worthwhile to approach either, I left after 2 hours.

White Angel seems like closed their location and their facebook is advertising a place called UP, still on the buda side. I have yet to check it out, last night was international womens day and they had a ladies night, maybe I should have went there instead of meeting some friends. However they have an annoying website and from it seems like it would be just like club play.

All in all although last year I had some success with nightlife, this year so far all my lays were from social circle or tinder. The quality I can get on tinder is lower, but so much more easier than going out sarging all the time. Hungarian girls complain about the relentless approaches they get from the foreigners (from Brazilian exchange students to stag nights from manchester) so do not think that being from the west will be any advantage here. The weather is getting better so I will try to transition to daygame.

UP sucks unless you like talking to Albanian gangsters. This is what I saw when I visited. I lived 4 blocks from there.

I believe with all the stag shit showing up, and all the erasmus kids thinking they are the second coming of rsd tyler, Hungarian knowledge gets you far, veeeeeery far

Also, I have seen a big part of the girls prefer flat parties with afterparties in random places. This being said, the best part of the night is at 5 am.

Pd, I have never seen as many thirsty people as yesterday in Instant. It was full of foreigners from who-knows-where making sleazy approaches (pussy ones, like bumping into girls) with this look on their eyes that shows a high current of anger and frustration. Took my girl out immediately.

What about Bed Beach?

That is a summertime spot right!

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

there is a lot of doom and gloom talk around here.
you all are almost making Budapest sound bad. when I was there two years ago,I didn't even run into Erasmus students and I only saw one little group of British guys the whole time

I am the cock carousel

Quote: (03-10-2014 07:45 AM)Sourcecode Wrote:  

you all are almost making Budapest sound bad. when I was there two years ago,I didn't even run into Erasmus students and I only saw one little group of British guys the whole time

There are places that are known for having lots of foreigners. It's best to skip places like Instant.

Quote: (03-10-2014 07:45 AM)Sourcecode Wrote:  

I moved here a week ago and so far that's what I've found. Only come across 1 stag party in 1 week and to be fair, that was in Hooters bar and even then they weren't acting up to the typical British stag stereotype!

Apart from the taxi drivers making prices up, I've got nothing bad to say about the place yet.

Quote: (03-09-2014 11:33 AM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

What about Bed Beach?

That is a summertime spot right!

No, that place, and the neighbouring bars were all closed. Some mob guy did run those places, but when the governing party changed, he got to jailed. The whole Hajogyari island will be some family center bullshit, so no more clubs there. I miss that place, I pulled there a lot.

I think in Budapest the only important thing is to become friends with some hungarians even before you come there. Especially those guys who frequent clubs, they'll know where to go. If you read tripadvisor-like stuff those can be very outdated.

Here nowadays ruin bars or "romkocsma" in hungarian is the place to go. It's always a bet, but every other night you can be lucky, a lot of HB7-9 girls.

And it's a good bet when you stay there, to visit other cities too. Much less tourist, more college girls want to get international cocks.

Debrecen is a very good place, except if you are black or arabic, there are plentiful of those people. I remember one night there was a black guy sausage fest, where I was the exotic one. [Image: biggrin.gif]

Gyor is also a very good place, tons of hot chicks, but with an Audi factory nearby, they are quite used to free drinks. So you'll need thigter game or bigger budget.

Only in summertime, Siofok, and the cities near Balaton lake are the best places to go. Especially the Balaton Sound festival.

Other cities like Nyiregyhaza(easiest college girls in hungary), Miskolc, Szeged, Pecs can be great too. But always, always try to talk to clubgoing hungarian guys, because one night looks like tumbelweed crickett sound, the other is a pussy paradise.

So..Catholicism is the main religion in Hungary.
I think this is a question that I haven't seen on a thread anywhere.

Do Hungarian girls use birth control?
If I pull out a condom..is that gonna be a turn off?

I recently met from the catholic university in Budapest

I am the cock carousel

Actually Hungary is a very good place, but it takes a little bit before you get it. It's not an instant success thing. Many people I've seen talking about Budapest in bad light, it's because they struck out on one of two things : 1. They constantly went to the wrong place at the wrong time following somebody's outdated info (Instant on Friday looking for a Hungarian hot chick, give me a break. Doboz on a special Saturday with the "resident" DJ playing, welcome to hell. Szimpla? If you like dutch women that look like used towels, it's your nirvana) or 2. They went to the right time, approached a superhot Hungarian and got blown off with their ego hurt, and proceed to ragequit. I've seen both, as also I've seen people hitting jackpot on their first night.

Even for me living here is sometimes a mystery, and you have make things happen and not expect this to be a Peru or a pre-war Ukraine with a decent wallet backing your trip : Pussy won't jump on your lap because the color of your passport.

About Hungarian girls, most I've met expect you to have a condom. I have only met a few on the pill.

And the main religion of Hungary is not Catholicism, it's the Kocsma. [Image: biggrin.gif]

Quote: (03-11-2014 03:03 PM)Volk Wrote:  

Actually Hungary is a very good place, but it takes a little bit before you get it. It's not an instant success thing. Many people I've seen talking about Budapest in bad light, it's because they struck out on one of two things : 1. They constantly went to the wrong place at the wrong time following somebody's outdated info (Instant on Friday looking for a Hungarian hot chick, give me a break. Doboz on a special Saturday with the "resident" DJ playing, welcome to hell. Szimpla? If you like dutch women that look like used towels, it's your nirvana) or 2. They went to the right time, approached a superhot Hungarian and got blown off with their ego hurt, and proceed to ragequit. I've seen both, as also I've seen people hitting jackpot on their first night.

Even for me living here is sometimes a mystery, and you have make things happen and not expect this to be a Peru or a pre-war Ukraine with a decent wallet backing your trip : Pussy won't jump on your lap because the color of your passport.

About Hungarian girls, most I've met expect you to have a condom. I have only met a few on the pill.

And the main religion of Hungary is not Catholicism, it's the Kocsma. [Image: biggrin.gif]

Actually, thinking back there were not many girls in my life in Hungary who asked for a condom. A lot of the girls are on the pill. But it's always best to wrap up.

I see a lot of similarities, between the views of Budapest and Medellin. Or a lot of other cities for that matter. Sometimes places get hyped up, and when somebody's experience doesn't match the expectations, they give negative reviews. We have to understand, that nowhere in the world falls the pussy from the sky. For some places like Medellin, it's a little bit of mind fuck, because you see all these hotties in the gym, mall, street, clubs, but to get that kind of quality, you have to spend a lot of time in a certain place, build social circle, speak the language, have some game, etc. That's my two cents.

What are the girls outside budapest like?
Even just 20-30Km outside of Budapest you have villages with less than 5k people.

I assume a lot of these girls commute to Budapest often..But do they have the same thought process as city people?

I am the cock carousel