rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

White knight puts restaurant up for sale to pay for employee's brain tumor treatment

White knight puts restaurant up for sale to pay for employee's brain tumor treatment

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3e4_1389317265

Sure the guy is doing her a great favor and has a good heart, but come on, putting up your family restaurant and everything you have worked for up for sale to help pay for a stranger's brain tumor treatment? You have got to think he has some hidden motives. Chick is sure banging without her teeth.

Am I being too cynical or has this forum jaded me to suspect people of their motives, especially when their actions are toward a cute girl.

TBH I had similar suspicions...

If that story is true, he absolutely must be sleeping with her. No sane man -- not even a white knight male feminist -- would make such a sacrifice for a girl he is not having sex with.

So is every guy who does something nice for a woman automatically a "white knight beta"?

I gave my sister a 25$ itunes card for her birthday couple days ago.

Was this beta?

Quote: (01-09-2014 11:31 PM)Agent 47 Wrote:  

So is every guy who does something nice for a woman automatically a "white knight beta"?

Was this beta?

Ya bro you should have been alpha and gave her your bang playlist ripped on a cd instead

Lulz

Perfectly in line with most restaurant owners.

It's astonishing how many people get into restaurant ownership for status and pussy. They all want to be the gracious host, schmoozing in the dining room and being the star of the show. Surely they'll be adored by countless new friends, who, rest assured, will get the best table in the house.

Then the reality of permits, licenses, health department, OSHA, labor board, payroll, taxes, repairs, labor cost, food cost, waste disposal, grease disposal, linen service, theft, fraud, lawsuits, and vermin infestion all sets in.

There's definitely more than meets the eye here. That restaurant is fully decorated and packed with memoribilia not to mention a full functioning kitchen. Not sure about property prices in that part of Texas but to sell a full-fledged restaurant like that would easily net you a million bucks.

Edit: Just read the story. He could get $2 million for it, and he wants to get out of the industry anyway. The title of the story is misleading then, hinting that he has to sell his business just to save this girl's life. Chances are, he wanted to get out anyway, and being a good Christian he's taking this as a sign from the good Lord to sell the biz, help this girl, and enjoy retirement. Nothing wrong with that.

Keep in mind this guy is older. His generation still believed in chivalry and protecting women, so you can't really fault him for it. We've developed our red-pill lens based on our experiences in the iPhone era, but you gotta realize none of that applied when this guy was coming up in the world.

That said, I guarantee he jerks off thinking about her.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

This seems like not white knighting at first, but upon applying the "would this happen if the situation was reversed?" test, it's clear that it is white knighting after all. That said, it's reasonable. He's not buying her a car, funding her travel/concerts/drugs/clothes and so, he's trying to save her life. So this type of white knighting I can understand and even support.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

redacted

Quote: (01-09-2014 09:53 PM)alphaspiraton Wrote:  

Am I being too cynical or has this forum jaded me to suspect people of their motives, especially when their actions are toward a cute girl.

Nope. This is an absolutely correct reaction. Would he have put up his restaurant for sale (and donated the proceeds) if that had been the busted FOB dude cooking in the back?

More or less, if she's not blood-related and/or he's not banging her.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Can't judge because there isn't enough info.

He could be giving away his life work for a life of some chick he has nothing with, and it would be pathetic.

He could be selling it for some money, then giving a fraction of it to employee who helped him with her looks and brought customers to place or became attached to him like a daughter or something.

He could be fucking her so he's doing it for his lover.

He could be doing it because he is old and is afraid of death and punishment on the other world for things he's done.

It's too early in the morning here to bring myself to get conclusions.

Most of the comments get caught up in the quagmire-distraction of Obama hating or in talking about how "great" the guy is. These guys call it out, though.

[Image: attachment.jpg16380]   

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

The narrator on the video says " . . . and she hasn't signed up for affordable health care yet."

The obvious question is, why the fuck not? I know this is in hard-ass Texas, but the federally-funded Medicaid program should pay for treatment for a life-threatening brain tumor, no?

Maybe WIA is right - he sells, she signs up for Medicaid, gets treated and a few thou on the side from the owner.

why doesn't she have health insurance?

Quote: (11-15-2014 08:53 AM)Little Dark Wrote:  
But guys, the fight itself isn't the focus here. How the whole thing was instigated by 1 girl is the big deal.

Quote: (01-10-2014 04:04 AM)lowside Wrote:  

why doesn't she have health insurance?

Another issue, aside from the Medicaid one. Under Obamacare, she can't be denied coverage for a preexisting condition.

It would be a hell of a lot cheaper for the restaurant owner to pay insurance premiums than hand over the $2 million from the sale proceeds.

Again, I think WIA is onto something. Some kind of scam going on.

Was this beta?

If a man was the one with the tumor he would have done anything like this, that is white knight, when you do something for a woman that you would never do for a man.

If he's smart he's using this publicity to pull in a buyer with cash to get out of the biz quick and with a pocket full of cash. For comparison you see this a lot at Barret Jackson. Some guy puts a car up for auction with the proceeds going to charity and they always pull more money than the same car without the "story".

She'll get on Obamacare and he'll sit on the beach in Costa Rica getting blowers from the locals.

No idea if he is that sharp, but wouldn't be surprised.

Wise Asian Quote: 'People act differently before they have to go to restroom and after they went to restroom'

I've seen part time employees changing their attitude after they found another job opportunity.

Right now, her and her family are going to act very humble and say 'we won't forget about you rest of our lives'

But who knows how they are going to change after 'they went to the restroom'