rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

ever been embarrassed on a date?

I was out with this girl at a restaurant, we both got burgers and we're having a nice chat while we're eating. So, we both finish and as we are talking she reaches over and grabs some lettuce on my plate (fell off the burger) and eats it! Not only that but she ate some cheese and a piece of a tomato that had fallen out. I fell into shock while this monstrosity was going on. She just kept on blabbing on about some nonsense as she raped my plate of all its "goods" and only stopped when she noticed I was redder than a tomato.

I don't know how you guys would have reacted to this, it might just be a cultural thing for me?

Quote: (01-02-2014 12:41 AM)Archer Wrote:  

I was out with this girl at a restaurant, we both got burgers and we're having a nice chat while we're eating. So, we both finish and as we are talking she reaches over and grabs some lettuce on my plate (fell off the burger) and eats it! Not only that but she ate some cheese and a piece of a tomato that had fallen out. I fell into shock while this monstrosity was going on. She just kept on blabbing on about some nonsense as she raped my plate of all its "goods" and only stopped when she noticed I was redder than a tomato.

I don't know how you guys would have reacted to this, it might just be a cultural thing for me?

I hope that you didn't feel embarrassed on her behalf. She should be embarrassed. You should be amusedly aloof.

However....

Just be glad she was mostly grabbing tomato and lettuce. This girl has potential. Definitely go for the LTR.

Now, when she starts reaching for your ice cream drips, you'll have to next her.

I'm the King of Beijing!

More importantly did you get the bang? As long as she isn't your long term "be seen in public girl" - who cares. She lacks class, etc. Just hope she is lacking in class in bed.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Honestly, who gives a fuck. If we got along well and had good chemistry, I wouldn't care. When it's going well with a girl, onlookers will see us and think we've been together for years. Would anyone blink if they saw a woman picking off her husband's plate?

Kindness, warmth and hospitality, in men or women, rank far higher in my book than maintaining personal distance and cold 'professionalism. '

Quote: (01-02-2014 12:49 AM)samsamsam Wrote:  

More importantly did you get the bang? As long as she isn't your long term "be seen in public girl" - who cares. She lacks class, etc. Just hope she is lacking in class in bed.

Yeah, it was surprising because she is several years older than me, I'm 20 and she is 25. but to answer your question, I had banged her before and she "has no gag reflex" which I think is pretty hot.

Where are you from, Archer? Being embarrassed for cultural reasons makes it seem like you're definitely not American.

Anyways, no, it's not real common for someone to do this type of thing with someone they don't know really well, but some American women take a real pride in being brash and informal. Maybe it was just her personality. It could signify that she feels comfortable with you - if you're already having sex this doesn't seem too out of the ordinary, especially if she thinks of you as a boyfriend. You've swapped fluids and for a lot of people sharing food isn't going to be a big deal after that.

If it bothers you, just tell her though. Different things bother different people when it comes to food and there's nothing wrong with that. One of my brothers, for example, has had a thing his whole life about his food that if someone took a drink out of his glass or a bite off his plate, he refused to touch the food again. It was just his thing. For the rest of us it was no big deal and we found it strange but that was just him so we learned to leave his food alone. We teased him a little bit about it but no big deal.

There is something wrong with you just sitting there red-faced while she picks at your plate and not saying anything, on the other hand. LOL Try to make it habit to speak your mind more often. You can do that without being over-confrontational.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Why anyone would want to eat extra lettuce is beyond my comprehension.

Quote: (01-02-2014 01:13 AM)polymath Wrote:  

haha This thread just keeps getting more and more random.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Quote: (01-02-2014 01:12 AM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

Where are you from, Archer? Being embarrassed for cultural reasons makes it seem like you're definitely not American.

Anyways, no, it's not real common for someone to do this type of thing with someone they don't know really well, but some American women take a real pride in being brash and informal. Maybe it was just her personality. It could signify that she feels comfortable with you - if you're already having sex this doesn't seem too out of the ordinary, especially if she thinks of you as a boyfriend. You've swapped fluids and for a lot of people sharing food isn't going to be a big deal after that.

If it bothers you, just tell her though. Different things bother different people when it comes to food and there's nothing wrong with that. There is something wrong with you just sitting there red-faced while she picks at your plate and not saying anything, on the other hand. LOL Try to make it habit to speak your mind more often. You can do that without being over-confrontational.

Do you mean where I was born or my race/nationality?

Quote: (01-02-2014 01:13 AM)polymath Wrote:  

she must really love food?

Quote: (01-02-2014 01:18 AM)Archer Wrote:  

If it bothers you, just tell her though. Different things bother different people when it comes to food and there's nothing wrong with that. There is something wrong with you just sitting there red-faced while she picks at your plate and not saying anything, on the other hand. LOL Try to make it habit to speak your mind more often. You can do that without being over-confrontational.

As in, did you grow up in a country besides America?

Having different standards for your food would be expected among the different sub-cultures in America. Being shocked and embarrassed about it, on the other hand, suggest to me that you immigrated from somewhere else where doing what she did breaks a strong cultural taboo.

Am I wrong?

Beyond All Seas

Quote: (01-02-2014 01:24 AM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

Quote: (01-02-2014 01:18 AM)Archer Wrote:  

Neither. lol Where are you from? As in, did you grow up in a country besides America?

Having different standards for your food would be expected among the different sub-cultures in America. Being shocked and embarrassed about it, on the other hand, suggest to me that you immigrated from somewhere else.

Am I wrong?

Yeah I am immigrated from the Netherlands, I'm not Dutch though.

Quote: (01-02-2014 01:06 AM)Archer Wrote:  

I had banged her before

If you had banged her already, I don't even see the issue -- especially at a burger joint. [Image: huh.gif]

Quote: (01-02-2014 01:30 AM)Tail Gunner Wrote:  

I had banged her before

If you had banged her already, I don't even see the issue, especially at a burger joint. [Image: huh.gif]

For me it was more "was she raised in a barn?" I just don't see the need to eat my scraps of food that have been there for a while...I'm starting to think its just cultural [Image: blush.gif]

Yep, sounds like just different cultural paradigms. You'll have to either adjust your comfort zone to match the country you're living in or be upfront with women like her that it bothers you.

Beyond All Seas

Quote: (01-02-2014 01:35 AM)Archer Wrote:  

I had banged her before

If you had banged her already, I don't even see the issue, especially at a burger joint. [Image: huh.gif]

For me it was more "was she raised in a barn?" I just don't see the need to eat my scraps of food that have been there for a while...I'm starting to think its just cultural [Image: blush.gif]

It could be worse:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYK9NMUwKcM

No offense, but I find it pretty fucking funny that you were so embarrassed at a girl doing that. Maybe it's cultural but still.

Yeah, it just sounds like she was comfortable with you - like BB said.

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

Quote: (01-02-2014 01:37 AM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

Yep, sounds like just different cultural paradigms. You'll have to either adjust your comfort zone to match the country you're living in or be upfront with women like her that it bothers you.

How long does it take to adjust? I've been here since I was a kid

Quote: (01-02-2014 01:41 AM)Tail Gunner Wrote:  

I had banged her before

It could be worse:

hahaha!! that video is hilarious

Quote: (01-02-2014 01:44 AM)Archer Wrote:  

Quote: (01-02-2014 01:37 AM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

How long does it take to adjust? I've been here since I was a kid

Uh....then go with option two then.

[Image: dodgy.gif]

Beyond All Seas

Quote: (01-02-2014 01:46 AM)Archer Wrote:  

I had banged her before

It could be worse:

This video just reminds me as to why I hate Seinfeld so much.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (01-02-2014 01:49 AM)Suits Wrote:  

Quote: (01-02-2014 01:46 AM)Archer Wrote:  

It could be worse:

This video just reminds me as to why I hate Seinfeld so much.

I like the show, but he was acting really beta there. Actually, the scene that I wanted to post was the one where his date sucks on the pit of a Macanaw peach that he just finished eating. But I could not locate the clip.

Quote: (01-02-2014 01:43 AM)2Wycked Wrote:  

Yeah, it just sounds like she was comfortable with you - like BB said.

She could also be subconsciously marking her territory, just like when women leave hidden stuff behind in your bedroom.

"some American women take a real pride in being brash and informal"

I have underdeveloped theories on why this is true, but it certainly seems to be the case. Probably their most consistently unattractive non-physical trait.