rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

RVF Travelers VIP Lounge - Everything Goes

Like the Forum Lounge in the Everything Else forum, we can use this thread for everything that isn't really thread worthy on its own. Things that happened to you that you feel like sharing. Ridiculous shit about the country you are living in that makes you livid. How your Russian girlfriend's ex boyfriend came over and threw a Molotov cocktail through your window. Articles you come across about how all Thai women are hookers, whatever.

I'll kick it off with something I thought was funny, but didn't really have a place to post it as it wasn't thread worthy.

A month ago I had to go to Cambodia for a quick border run. A few of the girls on the bus knew me because I'd used their service before, though none of them are attractive.

On the way back when we stopped at a mini mart the head chick in charge asked me for my number to give to her niece, who also works there, who just turned 18. The girl isn't cute at all, so I just said "Sorry, I don't think my girlfriend would like that very much." with a grin.

The lady then goes "Nooooo! She too young! She only 18!" so I make a joke about 18 being my favorite age.

The 18 year old then butts in and says "No, I just want to practice English for University."

A second later she says "I thought you like man?"

I was like WTF? I've never had someone ask me if I was gay before. I don't give off that vibe at all. So I say "Why would you think that, I like women." and I'm cracking up.

She looks at me and says "Because you big and strong. Look like gay man." hah.

Here in Thailand the Thai dudes are mad skinny and weak, and it's mostly gay Thais that work out that have good bodies. Tons of fit dudes at the gyms here in BKK are gay as they come. Normal Thai dudes don't work out at all really, but gay dudes are all about it.

Guess I'll take that one as a compliment.

Anyone else? What you got?

I'm tired of dealing with the language barrier with women in foreign countries. Approaching is actually the easier part. Keeping a conversation going can be a pain and dates can have some fucking awkward silences. It's funny that I get laid way more outside of my home country despite the huge language barrier.

Hearing fluent english is like music to my ears. It actually boosts my mood.

@RioNomad - I went the California WoW at the Ekamai BTS. Had a jacked Thai guy ask to take my picture with me in the locker room when I just had my underwear on. Was fucking weird. He was sad when I said fuck no.

Quote: (12-08-2013 08:42 AM)DirectDanger Wrote:  

@RioNomad - I went the California WoW at the Ekamai BTS. Had a jacked Thai guy ask to take my picture with me in the locker room when I just had my underwear on. Was fucking weird. He was sad when I said fuck no.

Well at least he had a nice body. [Image: gay.gif]

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

A second later she says "I thought you like man?"

I think EVERY girl I have been with in Thailand has asked me seriously, "Can I ask you a question? Are you gay?"

I am not big and besides, I used to get this sometimes in the UK too! It's more my SKINNY look here in Thailand that makes them think I am gay. (and I do have some camp mannerisms I can't shake off... annoying)

So big or small, it all comes down to one thing: women are fucking stupid.

With the direction of this thread so far, I predict a ladyboy story coming on shortly...

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

anybody knows what ever happened to fisto and the preggers situation?

Quote: (12-08-2013 08:17 AM)Tenerife Wrote:  

I'm tired of dealing with the language barrier with women in foreign countries. Approaching is actually the easier part. Keeping a conversation going can be a pain and dates can have some fucking awkward silences. It's funny that I get laid way more outside of my home country despite the huge language barrier.

Hearing fluent english is like music to my ears. It actually boosts my mood.

This is something that's really attracting me to the Philippines. Not being fluent in Thai gives me a couple of good openers I could use, but if their English is limited, or even just intermediate, it makes it difficult to hold a conversation and a lot of jokes will go over their heads.

It also seems foreigners are more accepted in the Phils, where as here in Thailand you won't really be making any local friends.

Although, my favorite opener probably wouldn't work so well in an English speaking country. I tell Thai girls "khun phom suay maak." which means they have beautiful hair. Then I wait a second, because they generally freeze up like they don't really know what to say, then I tell them "same same me" and usually they crack up and agree I have beautiful hair. I have a shaved head, so it's playful. Then I'll take their hand and place it on my head for them to rub it. If they don't pull away, I know I've got a solid lead for the night.

When I was here in July, a gay Thai man approached me in RCA (I rolled solo there, and I agree it was awkward doing that)

I took his number as he's rich as fuck (for a Thai) and was with some hot middle-class girls.

I messaged him yesterday. He could be a good contact to have for social circle game (or not, I'll see how it pans out). Plus he could be useful for my job hunt.

I think he wants to bang me, he wanted me to join him at a bar tonight [Image: confused.gif].

Now I know how it feels to be a girl with beta-orbiters.

I get asked if I'm gay sometimes, due to my skinny frame and flamboyant dress sense. (I try to stand out by wearing shirt suspenders/blazers/cravats etc). But actually, I'm surprised I don't get asked it more often. Maybe it's because a lot of heterosexual Thai/Taiwanese guys dress similarly.

I find girls usually only ask me this as a joke, and I usually find it a piss easy way of making it into a joke on their behalf.

Haha, we may as well change the title of this thread to "My borderline gay experiences in Thailand"

Don't feel too bad about getting hit on by gay Thai men. I'm not even white and it happened to me. I was once walking around in Chiang Mai and a chubby gay Thai guy rolled up in a brand new SUV and offered to take me for a ride. I was kind of naive at the time (first trip to Thailand) and thought this nice friendly Thai man was going to give me a lift. So, I got in the car. He asked me if I was hungry in the car and told me he was on his way to dinner and asked me to join. I said sure, why not.

He took me down to a Thai only seafood place buried in one of those moo bans. The meal was delicious but the conversation got more awkward as he kept flirting with me. I felt like a dumb ass for not getting the clues/tells sooner. He didn't touch me or anything but it was awkward throughout. I told him I wasn't gay during dinner, thanked him, and got him to drop me off at the city center and walked to my condo.

---

Another story for another time.. but a stylish flamboyant gay Brit guy also tried to pick me up during that same trip.

Quote: (12-08-2013 09:50 AM)LeightonBlackstock Wrote:  

I get asked if I'm gay sometimes, due to my skinny frame and flamboyant dress sense. (I try to stand out by wearing shirt suspenders/blazers/cravats etc).But actually, I'm surprised I don't get asked it more often. Maybe it's because a lot of heterosexual Thai/Taiwanese guys dress similarly.

Quote: (12-08-2013 10:14 AM)El Chinito loco Wrote:  

Another story for another time.. but a stylish flamboyant gay Brit guy also tried to pick me up during that same trip.

[Image: whoa.gif]

Enough with Thailand! Reading the tea leaves on this board it seems like Indonesia is the next pooosy paradise. Might have a chance to get out to Jakarta for work in '14. Can't wait.

Quote: (12-08-2013 10:31 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Quote: (12-08-2013 09:50 AM)LeightonBlackstock Wrote:  

I get asked if I'm gay sometimes, due to my skinny frame and flamboyant dress sense. (I try to stand out by wearing shirt suspenders/blazers/cravats etc).But actually, I'm surprised I don't get asked it more often. Maybe it's because a lot of heterosexual Thai/Taiwanese guys dress similarly.

Quote: (12-08-2013 10:14 AM)El Chinito loco Wrote:  

[Image: whoa.gif]

Haha, I've been rumbled

@Rionomad, Phils is good, but the quality doesn't compare to Thailand on the whole. If you've gotten more into quality, you may not like it much. Yeah, there are some booties and tits but a good face can be hard to find, and the upper tier in Thailand is just much better than upper tier phils.

Please decipher this email I just received from a polish woman, who I met a few weeks ago and have skyped with occasionally since:

"My first impression of you was that you are into mentalism. My second and third impression acknowledged it. Really, your exist and the way you talking... thats disturbing."

Glad you made this thread Rio. So many thoughts in my head that are neither thread worthy, nor boring enough to die.

I'll hit this thread good with Palestine game live from the West Bank in the next month or so.

I've been hanging out with a lot of Brazilian and argentine friends together, and when they talk they are speaking both Portuguese and Spanish and it's hard as shit for me to keep up. I haven't really practiced my portguese for almost a year either. I can understand what they're saying, but it's hard for me to respond in Portuguese/Spanish because they're all talking so fast. I always reply in English. I'm going to make it a point from now on to commit to speaking Portuguese and Spanish with them no matter how hard it is.

Leighton,

If the gay guy tries to take you to JJ market...don't go.

Quote: (12-08-2013 11:39 PM)LowerCaseG Wrote:  

Leighton,

If the gay guy tries to take you to JJ market...don't go.

Rape??? I don't get the reference.

Did a trip to South Beach recently.

Chilled at a buddy's condo on the mainland, where Michael Jordan has a condo for himself/side piece in the same building.

You'd think that'd be fun, but apparently though a bunch of the guys in that building have only had bad experiences with MJ being a dick.

Reporting them for parties, parking too close to one of his 5-6 unused parking spots, etc.

I'm not one to idolize celebrities, but now the first nickname that comes to mind instead of Air Jordan is:

Got caught in the protests going to the gym this morning on Sukhumvit. Absolutely no police around. I guess because the police are red shirts and the protesters were yellow shirts. Shady when the police have a strong political affiliation like this.

The other day when the red shirts were fighting with the yellow shirts st Ramkamhaeng I guess there were no police either, even though a few people were getting shot and murdered. A politician issued a statement saying there were no police, because the area was unsafe.

[Image: mindblown.gif]

I gave a box of Finnish candy to a Russian 10 year old kid the other day. I waited 10 seconds and asked him if he likes it, he looked me in the eyes and said..
" This taste makes me wanna go to my school and kill all my classmates"

Jeez, I know Russians dig black sarcastic humour but I almost dropped my jaw to the ground. Especially from a Finnish perspective because we have a dark history of school shootings.

Quote: (12-09-2013 01:06 AM)Chaos Wrote:  

I gave a box of Finnish candy to a Russian 10 year old kid the other day. I waited 10 seconds and asked him if he likes it, he looked me in the eyes and said..

Jeez, I know Russians dig black sarcastic humour but I almost dropped my jaw to the ground. Especially from a Finnish perspective because we have a dark history of school shootings.

The fuck? That's crazy, and also slightly hilarious lol. What a strange little fucker.

Quote: (12-09-2013 01:11 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Quote: (12-09-2013 01:06 AM)Chaos Wrote:  

The fuck? That's crazy, and also slightly hilarious lol. What a strange little fucker.

Strange but wicked smart. Sign him up for comedy school.

I'm in Doha, Qatar. Some guy did a data sheet basically saying there's nothing here wrt to a scene. He was right.

I went to what a resident told me was the big scene, the Champions Bar at the Marriott for happy hour. It was a sausage fest with a bunch of older guys like me from US/UK in the the oil biz. Ratio about 10/2. Only attractive women were Africans, the westerners were fat, used up or mean looking.

More strict rules on alcohol here than in Dubai. It's going to be interesting watching how the World Cup is run in 2022. I can guess how they got it, there's only one common sense answer and it involves transfer of $$$.

@sp5 th only match I've been to here in Spain didn't sell alcohol either but I hear it's universal. With that it is going to be fun to see how that pans out with the likes of the brits and such.

I'll echo all the language barrier comments, not as a complaint but just as an annoyance with myself more than anything else. If I'd been trying I could be semi fluent in Spanish by now I mean who could learn it in the US in this day and age plus most on my buddies have been some kind of Latin for the past 7 or 8 years. Hell I lived with a Mexican for a year and a half. So now I have this enormous burden on me. I wanna wreck some young Spanish broads and can barely get past "Hola, que tal." It's a bit better than that but still the culture here is already an uphill battle without not knowing how to get across simple points of interest. Eh what ever though. I got a crew of people who tolerate my lack of skills and encourage me to learn with them. I'll make it.

You can work stupid, but you can't fix a fat body.