rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is online dating is ruining night game?

I live in the city (Toronto) is that is rightly reputed to be the worst North American city for men.

I also live in the city that must have one of the the highest rates of online dating.

I believe these two facts are connected, and think we should talk about it. In particular, I want to talk about how online dating may make it harder to pick up, or even meet, girls at night.

If there is one thing that you need to understand about Toronto, it is that women have a pre-approved list of places/ways to meet guys, and everywhere else is frowned upon: meeting guys through friends, in class, at work, at parties and online are all in; almost everywhere else is out, and two places that are indisputably out are clubs and, to a somewhat lesser extent, bars.

This post touches on this and related issues, and discusses them in illuminating ways. (I think this post is an essential complement to Roosh's own post on Toronto.)

Now of course, not all women are reluctant to meet men at clubs and bars, but enough to make nightlife in Toronto miserable for most men.

So how does this relate to online dating? My thinking is that if meeting men at clubs and bars have increasingly become stigmatized among women over the years, this attitude would be harder to sustain if some other avenue of meeting men had not opened up at the same time. I mean think about it; if clubs and bars are increasingly out, then that closes off two previously common places to meet men. There is no reason to think that more opportunity would have opened up at work, say, or through friends.

Online dating is that avenue, in my view. It would help explain why so many women go out here week after week and evince so little interest in meeting men.

Thoughts?

This is second Toronto sucks thread in twenty four hours.

In my case I think online dating makes my day and night game weaker because I end up using online dating as a crutch in place of actually approaching girls.

^^^ Toronto is just an example. This thread is about online dating.

Does anyone know how you hyperlink on this thing?

In a word, no.

Toronto threads are becoming the new race thread

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

I don't think women really 'go out' to meet men. It's a possibility of course, but they go out to have fun. Online dating doesn't cancel out the having fun aspect of nightlife.

Unlike those of us who only go out because that's we want to score a lay.

Quote: (12-07-2013 03:25 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

In a word, no.

Can you elaborate?

Quote: (12-07-2013 03:27 PM)MrXY Wrote:  

Toronto threads are becoming the new race thread

Again, this is not a Toronto thread.

I think the Mystery Method and pua ruined T-Dot.

"In my case I think online dating makes my day and night game weaker because I end up using online dating as a crutch in place of actually approaching girls."

^Pure honesty.

Online dating absolutely effects nightlife.

Due to OkStupid, Plenty of Shrimp and Bender, nightclubs are not as poppin as they were in the late 90's and early 2000's. Fact.

Girls most definitely can and do go out to meet guys at bars/clubs and the VERY attractive ones still do.

The advancement of social media has left a lot of 6-7's being fawned over online, thus boosting their egos and causing them to just fish the online dating pool.

Ironically, the hottest girls I meet and know have a disdain for online dating.

If ALL dating sites disappeared tomorrow, then you can bet your ass clubs and bars would be have lines for blocks next weekend.

The bottom line is female need attention.
In the past they would have to go out at night to clubs and bars to get it.
Since Myspace and Facebook became popular that is where they get the majority of their attention.
Now with OKC, POF, Tinder and whatever is next they get their attention fix from these avenues.
Its unfortunate that with the invention of the internet and mass exchanges of information brought about the downfall of traditional male/female sexual dynamics.

To be honest for guys in top 20% of looks, the advent of Tinder (much more so than OkCupid) has enhanced the ease of banging hot chicks compared to when it was just face to face at the club. The difference between her bitchshield at a club when she has her friends around her vs. when she has already pre-selected you on looks alone and is open to you banging her if you have a good personality is marked.

Tinder has made me question whether I have underrated myself for years.

If you want to be pessimistic, yes it has ruined night game as you know it.

Adapt and evolve.

Be the one who rises above the ocean of simps online or offline.

Quote: (12-07-2013 03:27 PM)Que enspastic Wrote:  

I don't think women really 'go out' to meet men. It's a possibility of course, but they go out to have fun. Online dating doesn't cancel out the having fun aspect of nightlife.

I don't know. The average to below average looking women in hollywood will put on their "lookatme I'm a whore" outfit so that guys will approach them.

I freaking hate night game though.

Quote: (12-07-2013 03:27 PM)Que enspastic Wrote:  

You must never have heard girls talking candidly as they are getting ready for an evening out. Plenty of women do go out to meet guys, and some not just to meet them but to fuck them.

On any given night at any club/bar, there are girls who are just there for a girl's night out, girls on dates, girls who are looking just for male attention and validation, girls who are open to/hoping to meet a guy who will call and ask them on a date, and girls who are on an active dick hunt.

I screen hard for the last category

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

OP and McQueen have it right here.

Girls have two needs: dick and attention. Online dating provides both, but it cant touch the feeling of being desired as a hot girl strutting through a club. Online dating up until Tinder just sucked big time. More fun with Tinder but still not the rush that you or she would feel from a great night out. When youre a hot girl or a famous male celebity, every night is a great night out, so why dick around with online game.

I think the OP had a great point - girls may have wanted to knock night game, but they still depended on it. You might have a shitty job, but youre not going to be super hateful of it when youre dependent on it. Online dating freed them of this dependence.

Then again though I feel like online dating is still kind of marginal among young cute girls. Its more concerning that they never enter that adult stage where their past social circles and friendships lapse and they form new ones instead. I think speakeasy made this point. Now weve got Drake saying No New Friends No No No. Facebook, ubiquitous connectivity. That all means staying the same person you were since high school.

I've been saying for a couple months now, that I see girls out at night and am CONVINCED that i'd have an easier time getting to fuck her through tinder than meeting at a bar, dealing with her cockblock friends, shitty logistics, and her not answering her phone to guys she met drunk.

"Ironically, the hottest girls I meet and know have a disdain for online dating."

Ha that's funny. I was at dinner last week and online dating came up as a topic. This sorta hot aspiring actress just burst out laughing, slightly disgusted but curious. "Online dating?! How does that work?" (She was dumb.) I've seen these reactions over the years.

Depends on where you are.

If you are in the right city, nightgame has never been better.

I think The Police State has had a larger effect on nightlife.

But again, if you are in the right city, The Police State has minimal effect.

"Ironically, the hottest girls I meet and know have a disdain for online dating."

Same.

-----

I always wonder about these "nightgame is dead" threads.

Compared to what?

I mean were you guys banging out 3-5 girls a week from nightgame in 2005? Or the 1990's?

And now you get zero girls out at night?

Is that what is going down?

Please advise.

Unless you're running SA game. All I know is if you are relying on online game then you're ABSOLUTELY banging the hottest possible quality you can.....

[Image: laugh4.gif]

"I think The Police State has had a larger effect on nightlife."

^An important variable I forgot to add.

SoCal nightlife has gotten seriously fucked up in the last few years since I first moved here.

Miami is looking better and better every day.

Quote: (12-07-2013 03:45 PM)McQueensPlayboyRules Wrote:  

"In my case I think online dating makes my day and night game weaker because I end up using online dating as a crutch in place of actually approaching girls."

^Pure honesty.

Online dating absolutely effects nightlife.

Due to OkStupid, Plenty of Shrimp and Bender, nightclubs are not as poppin as they were in the late 90's and early 2000's. Fact.

Girls most definitely can and do go out to meet guys at bars/clubs and the VERY attractive ones still do.

The advancement of social media has left a lot of 6-7's being fawned over online, thus boosting their egos and causing them to just fish the online dating pool.

Ironically, the hottest girls I meet and know have a disdain for online dating.

If ALL dating sites disappeared tomorrow, then you can bet your ass clubs and bars would be have lines for blocks next weekend.

Okc, Pof, Tinder and every other technological tool used in this day and age to attract women was created by the same guys that back in the 90's and early 2000's couldn't get laid at the bars/clubs.

They knew what they was doing. It's revenge of the nerds Level 10039

In online dating a lot of guys are able to lie easily and get away with it.

It's impossible to lie about your height, frame, body type at a bar.

Night game and online game are two very different things.

Online gaming is little league.

Night game is big leagues.

Doesn't anyone think that online dating has made it easier though fir guys that actually approach? Online dating has made many a man lazy and unable to approach in real life. Or if they do approach they follow the same formula that works online which DOES NOT WORK in real life. Which decreases competition. At least that is how I see it.

A buddy of mine pulls tail with ease off of match but you put him in a bar and girls run within minutes of meeting him. I believe it's because he follows the same formula that works online but it's too strong when you are actually standing in Front of a person.

Quote: (12-07-2013 03:22 PM)soup Wrote:  

This is second Toronto sucks thread in twenty four hours.

My thoughts exactly. Glad I've never been to that shit hole.

"A buddy of mine pulls tail with ease off of match but you put him in a bar and girls run within minutes of meeting him."

^My point exactly.

"Night game and online game are two very different things.

Night game is big leagues."

^Great analogy.

The biggest 'loss' of online game in terms of the fun that game is, is where's the rush of approaching?

Quote: (12-07-2013 06:47 PM)McQueensPlayboyRules Wrote:  

"A buddy of mine pulls tail with ease off of match but you put him in a bar and girls run within minutes of meeting him."

^My point exactly.

"Night game and online game are two very different things.

Night game is big leagues."

^Great analogy.

The biggest 'loss' of online game in terms of the fun that game is, is where's the rush of approaching?

I live for that rush. The nice thing is it's kind of like a drug for me and I have to keep going after hotter girls to get the same high.

On a slightly related note my online game sucks (never gotten a OKC lay) but I get SNLs from night game on the regular. Is that beta?