rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Korean man sells kidney to buy Hermes bag for woman; they subsequently break up

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/biz...46204.html
Men desperate for designer bags to please partners

By Chung Hyun-chae

It’s no longer just women who go crazy about buying designer or brand-name handbags. It seems that men are joining the craze, not for their own closets but for their romantic partners’.

On July 26 this year, Profs. Yajin Wang and Vladas Griskevicius of the University of Minnesota and their team published an interesting report: “Conspicuous Consumption, Relationships, and Rivals: Women’s Luxury Products as Signals to Other Women.”

According to the report, luxury bags help maintain romantic relationships. The researchers said that some women no longer acquire designer handbags only to improve themselves but to signal to potential women rivals that their partners are devoted to them. In short, pricey accessories serve as a kind of warning to other members of the same sex.

Thus, more men are trying to buy Gucci, Chanel, Fendi and other designer handbags that cost millions of won to show their devotion and affection to their girlfriends or wives.

The problem with this phenomenon arises from the price of the handbags themselves. For men with modest salaries and male students without income, it is nearly impossible to find the money for such luxury items. Some get a second or third job in order to do so.

Some men adopt even more extreme measures, like the 27-year-old Park.

“Some time ago, I sold one of my kidneys to get money to buy a Hermes Kelly bag as a present for my girlfriend for our first anniversary,” said Park.

Despite working a couple of part-time jobs and as a private tutor for three months, he still did not have enough money for the Hermes bag. Desperate, he answered a note on a toilet wall of a general hospital that read: “Looking for human organs.”

Today, Park realizes that what he did was in vain.

“I broke up with her after that, and I regret doing such a thing,” said Park.

Though Korean men are biting off more than they can chew when it comes to pleasing their partners, their reality is becoming even tougher.

Some European luxury goods manufacturers are being criticized for raising product prices despite the implementation of the Korea-EU FTA.

“I cannot see any big changes in the number of customers compared to the past,” said an employee at a European luxury goods store.

Despite Korea’s sluggish economy, higher-end stores at Lotte Department Store saw a 6.5 percent increase in sales as of Oct. 20, 2013 compared to last year, while those at Hyundai Department Store saw a 9 percent increase in the same period.

[Image: F7gR1Pr.gif]

Bet he didn't bang her even once.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Quote:Quote:

“Some time ago, I sold one of my kidneys to get money to buy a Hermes Kelly bag as a present for my girlfriend for our first anniversary,” said Park.

Despite working a couple of part-time jobs and as a private tutor for three months, he still did not have enough money for the Hermes bag. Desperate,
he answered a note on a toilet wall of a general hospital that read: “Looking for human organs.”

Good lord [Image: huh.gif] How hard up for pussy must you be?

Team Nachos

Thirst level: Sahara Desert

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

Game Saves Lives.

Can we enter this guy for the Beta Of The Year Award?

^ Seconded. Man this story is downright tragic. A fucking kidney? He just shortened his lifespan permanently.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

I'd donate my kidneys if it meant saving my future wife's life, but I never donate a kidney to buy a GF a gift

It's better he broke it off before the second anniversary. I don't think he could have afforded it.

Atleast he did'nt get her name tattooed on his torso.

"I have refused to wear a condom all of my life, for a simple reason – if I’m going to masturbate into a balloon why would I need a woman?"

Quote: (11-19-2013 05:52 PM)J.J. Wrote:  

I'd donate my kidneys if it meant saving my future wife's life, but I never donate a kidney to buy a GF a gift

You can always get another wife...my dad told me "wives come and go, but you only have one mother"

An the Korean situation is bad there and it's only about to get worse. Not as bad as china maybe, where the male:female ratio is out of whack due to the 1 child policy and preference of males, coupled with extremely matriarchal upbringing.

I echo this for a "Beta male of the year" too. We ought to organize game education for these poor souls in Korea before the next beta cut off his junk just to prove his love

From personal experience, Korean males are either alpha as fuck or some of the worst betas in existence. There's almost none in the middle.

Yea, I'd take a life-long STD controlled with meds over a whole organ. He should have traded that squeaky wheel in his hollow numbskull instead of the kidney.

He got off lucky. Some of these broads can cost you an arm and a leg.

[Image: attachment.jpg15486]   

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

Damn. I was wondering. Had the dude spent all the cash selling his kidneys on whores, he would actually come up on top, and probably die before he finishes the money, collapsing with a huge fucking grin on his face, on the bosom of a Korean whore.

Quote: (11-19-2013 07:16 PM)WalterBlack Wrote:  

You can always get another wife...my dad told me "wives come and go, but you only have one mother"

It is dumb to do it for a wife, women do not appreciate such shit.

It is dumb to do it for mother or father - older people die, it is a hard fact of life and there is no point to try extend their life by such artificial means, when it will at best add a few years for them.

I believe it is justifiable to do it for your own children or perhaps siblings. if they are worth it as human beings.

I'd only donate an organ to save my child's life, not a spouse.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

He should sell another organ to get the money to hire a hitman to kill that bitch. I remember when the Hermes "Birkin" bag was hot. They had a waiting list of rich/famous women that wanted one. It's ridiculous for the ordinary joe to try to buy one of their bags. Regular chicks need to be content with a Coach bag.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

The bags are like 3000-4000 bucks! Tacky graphics and weird shape too.

This guy essentially reduced himself to the status of a used car that gets raided for spare parts, just so he could buy this:

[Image: attachment.jpg15497]   

In a couple of months, this bag will be on a shelf in her closet once the novelty of it wears off, or something else is hot.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Quote: (11-20-2013 09:48 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

He should sell another organ to get the money to hire a hitman to kill that bitch.

Killing her is a bit harsh, isn't it?

Especially when he could just send.......

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSY3XmdKuWI7NeE9_grS59...VhHe-WXg1Q]

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

Is this what happens in Asia?

[Image: attachment.jpg15509]   

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

Quote: (11-20-2013 02:34 AM)Mage Wrote:  

Quote: (11-19-2013 07:16 PM)WalterBlack Wrote:  

It is dumb to do it for a wife, women do not appreciate such shit.

It is dumb to do it for mother or father - older people die, it is a hard fact of life and there is no point to try extend their life by such artificial means, when it will at best add a few years for them.

I believe it is justifiable to do it for your own children or perhaps siblings. if they are worth it as human beings.

Twenty years of fidelity and loyalty? I'd donate a kidney.

Check out my occasionally updated travel thread - The Wroclaw Gambit II: Dzięki Bogu - as I prepare to emigrate to Poland.