rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Women hate sluts

Women hate sluts

Another story of science catching up with what most players should know already.

From: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/19/scienc...women.html
Quote:Quote:

This woman had been chosen by the researchers, Tracy Vaillancourt and Aanchal Sharma, because she “embodied qualities considered attractive from an evolutionary perspective,” meaning a “low waist-to-hip ratio, clear skin, large breasts.” Sometimes, she wore a T-shirt and jeans, other times a tightfitting, low-cut blouse and short skirt.

In jeans, she attracted little notice and no negative comments from the students, whose reactions were being secretly recorded during the encounter and after the woman left the room. But when she wore the other outfit, virtually all the students reacted with hostility.

They stared at her, looked her up and down, rolled their eyes and sometimes showed outright anger. One asked her in disgust, “What the [expletive] is that?”

Most of the aggression, though, happened after she left the room. Then the students laughed about her and impugned her motives. One student suggested that she dressed that way in order to have sex with a professor. Another said that her breasts “were about to pop out.”

The article itself can be found here: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.10...3/abstract

Abstract
Intrasexual competition among males of different species, including humans, is well documented. Among females, far less is known. Recent nonexperimental studies suggest that women are intolerant of attractive females and use indirect aggression to derogate potential rivals. In Study 1, an experimental design was used to test the evolutionary-based hypothesis that women would be intolerant of sexy women and would censure those who seem to make sex too readily available. Results provide strong empirical support for intrasexual competition among women. Using independent raters, blind to condition, we found that almost all women were rated as reacting negatively (“bitchy”) to an attractive female confederate when she was dressed in a sexually provocative manner. In contrast, when she was dressed conservatively, the same confederate was barely noticed by the participants. In Study 2, an experimental design was used to assess whether the sexy female confederate from Study 1 was viewed as a sexual rival by women. Results indicated that as hypothesized, women did not want to introduce her to their boyfriend, allow him to spend time alone with her, or be friends with her. Findings from both studies are discussed in terms of evolutionary theory. Aggr. Behav. 37:569–577, 2011. © 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.

Note that these women are judging the woman solely on her looks. She's not trying to steal their boyfriends or even openly competing with them for any particular guy. She literally just walked into the room and they start bad mouthing her as soon as she leaves. But of course men are the shallow gender.

Women hate sluts

Excellent story. Most of all accusations of men made by women are pure projection.

They assume that men are as fucked up as they are and treat them accordingly.

Wald

Women hate sluts

Quote: (11-19-2013 08:11 AM)Walderschmidt Wrote:  

Excellent story. Most of all accusations of men made by women are pure projection.

Wald

So true.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Women hate sluts

In my experience hot well dressed broads think little of the average dumpy broads out there as well.

Basically repulsed by them.

Women hate sluts

Quote: (11-19-2013 08:11 AM)Walderschmidt Wrote:  

Wald

Excellent point. We can also assume that they're projecting their own motives onto the provocatively dressed woman in the test. In other words, when they dress slutty they're looking for male attention thus they automatically assume when another woman is dressed slutty that's what's going on.

Women hate sluts

Absolutely true. The greatest misogynists are women themselves.

In a similar vein, I often feel that the greatest misandrists are not women (even feminists), but their white knight supporters.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Women hate sluts

WB

[Image: 19TIER_SPAN-articleLarge.jpg]

"Fart, and if you must, fart often. But always fart without apology. Fart for freedom, fart for liberty, and fart proudly" (Ben Franklin)

Women hate sluts

“Sex is coveted by men,” she said. “Accordingly, women limit access as a way of maintaining advantage in the negotiation of this resource. Women who make sex too readily available compromise the power-holding position of the group, which is why many women are particularly intolerant of women who are, or seem to be, promiscuous.”

Nothing really new or groundbreaking.

"What is important is to try to develop insights and wisdom rather than mere knowledge, respect someone's character rather than his learning, and nurture men of character rather than mere talents." - Inazo Nitobe

When i´m feeling blue, when i just need something to shock me up, i look at this thread and everything get better!

Letters from the battlefront: Argentina

Women hate sluts

Quote: (11-19-2013 08:30 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

Absolutely true. The greatest misogynists are women themselves.

In a similar vein, I often feel that the greatest misandrists are not women (even feminists), but their white knight supporters.

I certainly get more wound up by white knights. Perhaps its in a similar fashion to Muslim converts being more radical than those born into Islam. Trying to please the 'naturals' so to speak.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Women hate sluts

Sexual Market Theory proven again. You notice that the most slutty clothing is usually worn in higher end to high end establishments, often with a hard door policy and high costs. Only men with enough money afford to party there and thus are preselected as high SMV. Women dress sluttier to show off their goods. As a consequence, I will visit higher end establishments from now on, where chicks dress more like sluts. Better ratios, more competition, lower price.

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Women hate sluts

Women, like men, are threatened by competition.

Most men would not feel comfortable introducing their girlfriend to a tall, attractive, athletic man. Letting her spend time alone with him, etc.

Let's not hate on women for being competitive with the opposite sex.

It forces them doll up better, so let's encourage it

[Image: highfive.gif]

Women hate sluts

Good quotes from the NYT article that refute the feminist claim that it is men who force beauty standards upon women and slutshame.

Now that researchers have been looking more closely, they say that this “intrasexual competition” is the most important factor explaining the pressures that young women feel to meet standards of sexual conduct and physical appearance.

[...]

Stigmatizing female promiscuity — a.k.a. slut-shaming — has often been blamed on men, who have a Darwinian incentive to discourage their spouses from straying. But they also have a Darwinian incentive to encourage other women to be promiscuous. Dr. Vaillancourt said the experiment and other research suggest the stigma is enforced mainly by women.

Women hate sluts

As the old saying goes,

"Don't try to understand women. Women understand women and they hate each other"

"I'd hate myself if I had that kind of attitude, if I were that weak." - Arnold

Women hate sluts

Quote: (11-19-2013 10:05 AM)void Wrote:  

Sexual Market Theory proven again. You notice that the most slutty clothing is usually worn in higher end to high end establishments, often with a hard door policy and high costs. Only men with enough money afford to party there and thus are preselected as high SMV. Women dress sluttier to show off their goods. As a consequence, I will visit higher end establishments from now on, where chicks dress more like sluts. Better ratios, more competition, lower price.

Now we are on to something.

[Image: 1390889-nail_on_the_head.jpg]

Women hate sluts

Quote: (11-19-2013 09:46 AM)Mekorig Wrote:  

“Sex is coveted by men,” she said. “Accordingly, women limit access as a way of maintaining advantage in the negotiation of this resource. Women who make sex too readily available compromise the power-holding position of the group, which is why many women are particularly intolerant of women who are, or seem to be, promiscuous.”

Nothing really new or groundbreaking.

Agreed this is nothing new in the sphere. But in a blue-pill progressive/liberal paper like the NYT? That's different.

Unfortunately, they still have to have blue-pill wisdome gems in this article as well, like this one: "The existence of female competition may seem obvious to anyone who has been in a high-school cafeteria or a singles bar, but analyzing it has been difficult because it tends be more subtle and indirect (and a lot less violent) than the male variety."

Yes. All men who see another guy leave the bar with a girl we ourselves wanted will try to beat the other guy to death with his own shoe. We would never respect the fact that he pulled her because of his own meritorious advantages.

Women hate sluts

worth to share with you guys: this comment by a male reader of the NY TImes:
"This explains why, even though women talk so much about feminism and sisterhood, they are so evil to each other: gossip, bully, ostracize each other based on looks and behaviour. So empowering."

"Fart, and if you must, fart often. But always fart without apology. Fart for freedom, fart for liberty, and fart proudly" (Ben Franklin)

Women hate sluts

"As a consequence, I will visit higher end establishments from now on, where chicks dress more like sluts."

^Now you get it.

Women hate sluts

"Slut" is the female "Nigger". Apparently only they can call each other sluts.

Women hate sluts

You lost me at the lower price part.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Women hate sluts

Quote: (11-19-2013 10:10 AM)Courage Reborn Wrote:  

Most men would not feel comfortable introducing their girlfriend to a tall, attractive, athletic man. Letting her spend time alone with him, etc.

I'm assuming you mean let's not hate on them for being competitive with the same sex.

There are two fundamental issues. The first is the narrative that women are being prevented from expressing their sexuality (and competing openly in the sexual marketplace) by the patriarchy and the so called rape culture. This article is another nail in the coffin of this idea. The second is that women don't compete the same way men do. Men compete by getting better. When guys see a dude who's more masculine, more successful, cooler or dating hotter women than we are we generally want to emulate them. We improve ourselves in order to compete. Women on the other hand tear each other down. For the most part the women in the study bad mouthed the chick after she left. More importantly, they only bad mouthed her when she was dolled up. Same chick, she's bangble in the skirt and just as bangable in the pants and shirt. This is sending a strong message to the other woman they're chatting with that she better not try and sex it up.

Women hate sluts

Quote: (11-19-2013 05:39 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

They require less game to bang.

Wald

Women hate sluts

Just goes to show that everybody talks trash about everybody

Women hate sluts

Quote: (11-19-2013 06:56 PM)Walderschmidt Wrote:  

Quote: (11-19-2013 05:39 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

They require less game to bang.

Wald
What I meant. What is harder, a 8 in a dive bar, or a 8 in THAT "special" club. (Where she is not the only one this attractive) Good, for the dive bar she wouldn't even doll up.

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Women hate sluts

This is so true and obvious only a feminist could be shocked by it.

Women hate sluts

Quote: (11-19-2013 05:52 PM)Ensam Wrote:  

Quote: (11-19-2013 10:10 AM)Courage Reborn Wrote:  

I'm assuming you mean let's not hate on them for being competitive with the same sex.

There are two fundamental issues. The first is the narrative that women are being prevented from expressing their sexuality (and competing openly in the sexual marketplace) by the patriarchy and the so called rape culture. This article is another nail in the coffin of this idea. The second is that women don't compete the same way men do. Men compete by getting better. When guys see a dude who's more masculine, more successful, cooler or dating hotter women than we are we generally want to emulate them. We improve ourselves in order to compete. Women on the other hand tear each other down. For the most part the women in the study bad mouthed the chick after she left. More importantly, they only bad mouthed her when she was dolled up. Same chick, she's bangble in the skirt and just as bangable in the pants and shirt. This is sending a strong message to the other woman they're chatting with that she better not try and sex it up.

You summed that up nicely. We aren't being critical of women for being competitive. We're being critical of them for being hypocritical regarding their criticisms of men, when their own behavior is far worse. We're being critical of them for HOW they "compete." A man might be somewhat envious of another man who pulls hot women, but instead of trying to cut him down, we're more likely to try to figure out how he does it. If a woman learned that another woman keeps the man she wants happy by sucking his dick (something she won't do), she won't re-evaluate sucking dick. She'll try to eliminate the other chick, so the guy has to settle for her and accept that he'll no longer get his dick sucked. If a chick needs to lose weight to get a guy, she won't. She'll attack "skinny bitches," and try to rationalize why a guy should look past her sloppiness, or try to sell herself as a "real woman."

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."