rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to hide your high IQ death sentence?

From: http://heartiste.wordpress.com/2012/04/1...art-nerds/

Quote:Quote:

This study comports with the Chateau Dating Market Value Test for men at the top of the blog front page, which has a section on male intelligence that only added a point for smarts that were somewhat above average, and deducted a point for smarts that were in the stratosphere (where personality defects start to manifest.) Women may say they want a smart guy, but in my observation of couples in which the girl was hot, the guy was more usually kind of a douchey middle of the road mental mediocrity. But he had the right attitude, and alpha attitude trumps smarts any day of the week.

This is obviously old news for a lot of us, but what do you guys do to hide it? What I've done the most over the past several years is to just get really drunk, but obviously that takes a toll on your health after awhile.

I can't envision a smart guy with game having to pretend to be a male ditz in order to pull a chick. That concept is not even in my universe.

I can tell you about guys who take every single second to lord their intelligence over people, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's a big part of the Manosphere.

WIA

Quote: (10-29-2013 11:16 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

I can't envision a smart guy with game having to pretend to be a male ditz in order to pull a chick. That concept is not even in my universe.

Sure you can envision it.

Any man who gets drunk to pull girls isn't just lowering his inhibitions, he's also dumbing himself to remove his intellectual qualms and second-guesses.

In fact, they amount to the same thing.

its all about talking less, no man-splaining, just smile and nod while she blabs on and grab their ass

Having legitimate game while being smart is fine. Being smart can often hamper your game, however, as it can be hard to relate and hard to caveman at the right times. Once you start overcoming those barriers, you can capitalize on being intelligent in that you learn concepts and dynamics much quicker than others might.

There's nothing specific you have to do to hide it, it's more a matter of not letting your intelligence hamper your conversational abilities with the less intelligent, but beautiful, girls around you. Don't live life as an ultra-geek with your intelligence, really. Be willing to have fun and let go.

My process was simply experience as I talked with hundreds of girls over the span of the last 10 months or so. As I had more experience I was able to engage more of them in good conversation. You just have to be able to relate with the girls - the problem girls face with intelligent dudes is they can be hard to relate with.

I have introduced a bunch of slang and mannerisms into my vernacular. Saying stuff like 'oh yeah?', 'that's legit', etc. that I wouldn't otherwise use. Also, generally picking up what people say slower by actively day dreaming has helped. In fact, purposely acting like my mental grasping power is slower than it actually is has helped a lot.

The way my college social life has played out is that I make distinctions between which people I can conversations regarding certain intellectual pursuits with and which people I only party with. My lexicon varies quite vastly on the scenario.

Quote: (10-29-2013 11:32 PM)panache Wrote:  

The way my college social life has played out is that I make distinctions between which people I can conversations regarding certain intellectual pursuits with and which people I only party with. My lexicon varies quite vastly on the scenario.

Very good point with that.. creating the distinction in your personality is helpful. Not a total divide, but you can bring out different sides of your personality as appropriate.

All of the things your IQ can produce mean nothing to her. She wants to look at selfies and pics of her friends' meals on the iphone not contemplate the design, supply chain, chips, software, or Steve Jobs' life.

In my experience people don't know what smart is. They think geeky is smart. If you want to talk to her about Star Trek or Game of Thrones or whatever the geeks are into now, prepare to do some bottom feeding on hamsters and fatties and future cat ladies. Note that the few hot geek girls are with guys with Game or $. If you ever see a hot geek girl with a guy without Game or $ swoop it because another guy will. Soon.

Look at yourself. Are you smart or nerdy? They're not the same thing. Smart people have their goals and achieve them. Smart people who want to develop an intellect read good books, not crap. They don't watch much TV and they don't watch Star Trek or read fanfiction.

If you actually are smart you can talk about literature but focus on the human relations in the books and how it reminded you of your social life, then let her blab about something tangentially related to what you just said.

If you apply your IQ to social insights she will like you even more as she'll see you as some kind of social genius.

It's all social for them. All of it. While the men were hunting the women were gathering and socializing. The men were silent as not to scare the prey, the women yakked and yakked and yakked all day long. Smart guys like to think and share their insights. Women usually don't see the big deal.

You ever date a girl and she says "I had an epiphany." Then she lays a 73 IQ turd? They think that stuff deserves a Nobel. It is what it is. I've said this before. Get your intellectual stimulation from guys.

I don't think it's necessary to hide your IQ. One of the highest manifestations of intelligence is humor. It takes a lot of brains to think up funny jokes. A man who is funny to women has a lot of game, and women recognize that he is funny because he is intelligent. So long as your intelligence is employed in a way that fits within game, there's no reason to try to "hide" it. This is all a very complicated way of saying that having game takes care of any awkward manifestations of having a high IQ.

Also, let's face it. There are some girls out there -- including some hot ones -- who are very smart. Women are more attracted to a man who they believe is smarter than them (read hypergamy). For those women, displaying your high intelligence will make you more attractive and hiding it will make you less attractive.

Long Term these have helped me slow down my analytical side-

Meditate(makes you think less).
Go out sober(forces you to learn how to have fun without the easy help of alchohol).
Have cool friends.

Short term-

Drink alchohol(my game is much better on alcohol usually, but I stay sober most nights since I know that's better long term for my health).
Social momentum(aka warmup with a meh girl).

I find this question pretty amusing. It's sort of like asking, "How do I hide the enormous bulge in my pants from my giant dick?"

If you legitimately are an intelligent guy with a high IQ, you should be able to direct that brainpower into analyzing your social interactions. With practice, you will pick up patterns. You'll learn what to say and what not to say. You'll start to be able to change things up in real-time and make adjustments to how you come across based on how the girl is responding.

Guys who complain about having an IQ that's so high they turn girls off aren't half as smart as they apparently think they are, otherwise they would figure out logically how to approach the problem of presenting themselves to women. More likely they're semi-autistic or just huge fucking nerds. A high IQ is a liability only if you're unable to harness it properly. The wrong way: trying to impress her with a show of intelligence. The right way: using your superior intelligence to analyze the social situation and calibrate your behavior accordingly.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

But he had the right attitude, and alpha attitude trumps smarts any day of the week.

This is with reference to alpha attitude and smarts being mutually exclusive. i.e. f you had to choose between an alpha attitude and being smart, you'd choose alpha attitude.

IRL however, these are not mutually exclusive.
When you have game, any strength that you have can be framed in a way to suit your purposes.
Do note that because of the nerd/geek/socially challenged stereotypes associated with high IQ people, you want to act in either of three ways.

1-- Covert signalling. -- Act like an average guy, run average guy game.
Add a Nietzsche/Einstein/Gandhi quip somewhere in the conversation but avoid discussion at all costs. Obfuscate, evade, change the topic. Two important points to note here ---
a) make sure to choose a mainstream personality...someone that the average female will kinda-sorta have heard of.. (Someone like Marcus Aurelius or Annie Besant is slightly grey territory) and
b) When questioned about it ("Omg, dyu read nietzche?" "ugh, einstein, really?" "Who was Gandhi?"), deflect it by either changing the topic/physically touching her and pointing at stuff/walking away abruptly to take a piss etc.
If she's an obnoxious chick or really piqued by the comment she may bring it up later, but that is irrelevant. Avoid, and dont read too much into how many times she asks or, well, doesn't. Only thing that matters is that shes paying attention when you make the comment.
However, at no time must it become apparent that you put in that comment to impress her or show off your smarts. If that happens and the chick smells blood, the gig is up. Act as if it was a minor lapse in your judgement, and go back to being awesome.

When you bring her home, she's sure to snoop around.
1-Keep a photo of yourself in front of Harvard/Stanford/NASA whatever with a hot ex (or a random good looking, non dorky girl,) lying around somewhere, or
2-a vial filled with brightly colored liquid(careful,may have to defuse the terrorist bait), or
3-a semi concealed whiteboard filled with greek letters and math formulae, or
4-a half made bust of socrates in the attic. etc etc

Don't go overboard, just intersperse these things along with the appropriate symbols of alphaness such as guns, custom suits, a sparkling crib etc.

No dorky stuff like world of warcraft,spongebob squarepants, and other conventional ultra beta relics please. Stick to non-weird esoteric stuff. . Clean underwear.

Except for that singular, well timed quip, you don't need to do much more on the intelligence front.
When she brings up the snooping, reframe and deflect.
Or, if you are quite the jedi and do enjoy mindfucking others, give her a bit more information, something that hopefully DHVs you.

Spiritual,watered down sciency bullshit works best ("this shining liquid is God's seed." "I built the planes that bombed Iraq" "I get to play God with these little microbes" "My work proves that there is but One True God (or there is No God--swings both ways)""These little things can't hate, like us humans. They only make love, produce babies, and die*sigh* (for some reason, this has has had ~90% success till date)" etc.

Dont go overboard ! Don't act too serious. Make sure you have fun and run your regular M.O.

High Intelligence is an aphrodisiac. Dorkyness and social awkwardness is not.

2- Balls out, over-the-top overt --

There is a lot of excellent material on the forum with reference to dressing well, working out, screening which chicks are into you etc and I'm assuming you're already good at that. This approach will get you blown out way too much in the start, but your inner game will become rock hard and social calibration will improve as you keep at it. Make sure that you have fun, don't get depressed etc.

Walk up to a girl, hold rock solid eye contact, smile/smirk. "Hey. I study at Harvard. Nice shoes." or
"Hey. (turn around into the bar, point at all the people) Do you know. that only one person. out here. is as smart as I am?" (if she asks who, look her up and down, shrug, follow up with her name or try and get her to buy you a drink if she wants to know you.
if she acts bitchy or tries to blow you out, look her up and down, tell her its definitely not her, exit.) etc etc.

Cocky funny works best, at least in the early interaction. then you can tone it down and proceed to convincing her to let you get into her pants.
Don't use the same opener every time. Improvise.
You'll get better, your ability to think off the cuff will improve, you social calibration will become razor sharp.

3-- This is very situational, but the angry intellectual works wonders sometimes. Usually a gathering where a reasonably large number of relatively intelligent, status whores are present.

I hope you realize now that high IQ is not a death sentence, it is just a limiting belief if you allow it to be. Just as shortness, baldness, uglyness, lack of fame, weird accent, lack of money, no contacts, old age, social conditioning...

Ignore them. What you need to focus on is dominance.

I'm with scorpion. I am far more intelligent than any of my Girl friends, I've never slept with a girl I would consider more intelligent than me. Actually I've never met a woman smarter than me. Just because you have a high IQ doesn't stop you being smooth, if the girl won't sleep with you because you're 'too smart' that's your own shitty game, not your IQ.

If a girl said you're too strong, big, muscley, handsome, freckley, tall, small, old, young, or
Etc you'd accept you've just not ran the right game, why do other smart guys assume an IRT limiting belief?

Agree and amplify works just fine with intelligence. My last notch asked if I was smart and I said 'I'm incredibly intelligent, I'm definitely the smartest guy you've ever met'. It's not as if you're ever going to gain new knowledge from a chicka anyway. Honestly, ask yourself, when was the last time you learned something from a woman? Unless it was in the job training, or something from a gossip blog, it never happens. Never. Talking to a Girl about economic theory is the same as talking to her about sports, she'll absolutely eat it up so long as you lead the interraction correctly. You think when I talk to girls about swing dancing any of them care? No, I just tell them I'm awesome, let them know I'm out dancing 4 times a week, tell them I get paid to dance at certain venues... Etc. You think girls care that Roosh has travelled? No, he just lets them know he has experience, potential, etc.

Honestly if you're crazy smart(and I'm off the chart smart) you only have your own lack game to
Blame. Don't use your intelligence as an excuse. You should be leveraging every advantage you have over women

Quote: (10-30-2013 12:24 AM)scorpion Wrote:  

I find this question pretty amusing. It's sort of like asking, "How do I hide the enormous bulge in my pants from my giant dick?"

If you legitimately are an intelligent guy with a high IQ, you should be able to direct that brainpower into analyzing your social interactions. With practice, you will pick up patterns. You'll learn what to say and what not to say. You'll start to be able to change things up in real-time and make adjustments to how you come across based on how the girl is responding.

Guys who complain about having an IQ that's so high they turn girls off aren't half as smart as they apparently think they are, otherwise they would figure out logically how to approach the problem of presenting themselves to women. More likely they're semi-autistic or just huge fucking nerds. A high IQ is a liability only if you're unable to harness it properly. The wrong way: trying to impress her with a show of intelligence. The right way: using your superior intelligence to analyze the social situation and calibrate your behavior accordingly.

This is all that needs to be said on the matter, thread over. Also, provided you're not a weird autistic type of intelligent, and you're socially well adjusted, just stop lowering yourself to game morons. Get some standards.

Quote: (10-30-2013 07:15 AM)Hoodlum Wrote:  

This is all that needs to be said on the matter, thread over. Also, provided you're not a weird autistic type of intelligent, and you're socially well adjusted, just stop lowering yourself to game morons. Get some standards.

This can't possibly be true.

Look at the world's leading physicists and mathematicians. These are the world's most intelligent men (they're almost all men).

We're talking about IQ's on the extreme right end of the bell curve.

Living by an Ivy League, I go out for beers with guys like this.

With some exceptions like the late Richard Feynman, who's been talked about a lot on here, they aren't exactly killing it with women.

I'm willing to bet that if you at least approach average intelligence that cognitive ability confers no benefit to game.

Tyler Cowen quotes from a new study testing the relationship between grades and delayed sexual activity.

Last December I passed a paper along to Razib showing that high-school age adolescents with higher IQs and extremely low IQs were less likely to have had first intercourse than those with average to below average intelligence. (i.e. for males with IQs under 70, 63.3% were still virgins, for those with IQs between 70-90 only 50.2% were virgin, 58.6% were virgins with IQs between 90-110, and 70.3% with IQs over 110 were virgins)

In fact, a more detailed study from 2000 is devoted strictly to this topic, and finds the same thing: Smart Teens Don't Have Sex (or Kiss Much Either).

The team looked at 1000s of representative teens grades 7-12 in the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health and The Biosocial Factors in Adolescent Development datasets, both of which include an IQ test, and include detailed sexual experience questions ranging from hand-holding to intercourse. As with the other study there was a curvilinear relationship: students with IQs above 100 and below 70 were significantly less likely to have had intercourse than those in between. Also like the other study, they found teens with IQs ranging from 75 to 90 had the lowest probability of virginity (the authors note this is also the same IQ range where propensity towards crime peaks).

http://www.gnxp.com/blog/2007/04/interco...igence.php

So basically, men of *below average* intelligence (IQs as low as 70!) get more bangs than either retarded or intelligent men. This doesn't just apply to adolescents:

Tina Fey and scholar James Franco are some of the hottest names in Hollywood—and they're as smart as they are eye-catching. But for ordinary eggheads, the intellect that serves so well in the boardroom might need an assist in the bedroom.

"Intelligence is negatively associated with sex frequency," says Rosemary Hopcroft, a sociologist at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. "It's a bit dismaying."

And people with higher education levels generally have lower numbers of sexual partners. The latest National Survey of Family Growth shows that, for example, men with college degrees are half as likely to have had four or more partners in the last year as men with a high school education alone. (Or at least, they're half as likely to admit it, points out Anjani Chandra, a health scientist and demographer at the Centers for Disease Control.)

I think the drink alcohol advice is misguided, its how a lot of people become alcoholics, using the drink to deal with their issues, and nothing is more embarrassing than a drunk geek. Learn how to deal with it.

Basically, be this guy

[Image: jameswoods.jpg]

Harvard educated, smart ass, well dressed, with some money in your pocket, and yeah, he dates younger women

[Image: james-woods-girlfriend-bikini-3.jpg]

Quote: (10-30-2013 07:36 AM)Therapsid Wrote:  

Quote: (10-30-2013 07:15 AM)Hoodlum Wrote:  

This can't possibly be true.

Look at the world's leading physicists and mathematicians. These are the world's most intelligent men (they're almost all men).

We're talking about IQ's on the extreme right end of the bell curve.

Living by an Ivy League, I go out for beers with guys like this.

With some exceptions like the late Richard Feynman, who's been talked about a lot on here, they aren't exactly killing it with women.

I'm willing to bet that if you at least approach average intelligence that cognitive ability confers no benefit to game.

Tyler Cowen quotes from a new study testing the relationship between grades and delayed sexual activity.

Last December I passed a paper along to Razib showing that high-school age adolescents with higher IQs and extremely low IQs were less likely to have had first intercourse than those with average to below average intelligence. (i.e. for males with IQs under 70, 63.3% were still virgins, for those with IQs between 70-90 only 50.2% were virgin, 58.6% were virgins with IQs between 90-110, and 70.3% with IQs over 110 were virgins)

In fact, a more detailed study from 2000 is devoted strictly to this topic, and finds the same thing: Smart Teens Don't Have Sex (or Kiss Much Either).

The team looked at 1000s of representative teens grades 7-12 in the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health and The Biosocial Factors in Adolescent Development datasets, both of which include an IQ test, and include detailed sexual experience questions ranging from hand-holding to intercourse. As with the other study there was a curvilinear relationship: students with IQs above 100 and below 70 were significantly less likely to have had intercourse than those in between. Also like the other study, they found teens with IQs ranging from 75 to 90 had the lowest probability of virginity (the authors note this is also the same IQ range where propensity towards crime peaks).

http://www.gnxp.com/blog/2007/04/interco...igence.php

So basically, men of *below average* intelligence (IQs as low as 70!) get more bangs than either retarded or intelligent men. This doesn't just apply to adolescents:

Tina Fey and scholar James Franco are some of the hottest names in Hollywood—and they're as smart as they are eye-catching. But for ordinary eggheads, the intellect that serves so well in the boardroom might need an assist in the bedroom.

"Intelligence is negatively associated with sex frequency," says Rosemary Hopcroft, a sociologist at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. "It's a bit dismaying."

And people with higher education levels generally have lower numbers of sexual partners. The latest National Survey of Family Growth shows that, for example, men with college degrees are half as likely to have had four or more partners in the last year as men with a high school education alone. (Or at least, they're half as likely to admit it, points out Anjani Chandra, a health scientist and demographer at the Centers for Disease Control.)

I've got an IQ of 142 (was mensa tested) and want to go to Cambridge university. I think that there is definitely a correlation between having a higher IQ and getting laid less. Of course its not a death sentence, but smarter people just have to force themselves to live in the moment and not in their head.

Lots of good advice in this thread. Thanks.

I would only add that adding contrast game to showing off your intelligence is often quite helpful. While conversing try to change topics skillfully in order to display a certain unpredictability and dangerousness that complements your intellect. For example, start with some remarks on a classic book you read recently and how the author's reflections on human nature reminds you of a recent trip to some third world country or a dangerous hobby (Joseph Conrad's "Heart of Darkness" comes to mind). Ramble on that a bit, then charge the conversation with sexual energy, then show some vulnerability, tease her, go back to some intellectual topic and so on.

Basically, apply the same principles that is most recommended by most Game literature and take her on an emotional rollercoaster. Be strong in different kinds of intelligences (see: Theory of Multiple intelligences (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_m...igences)).

Honestly, I see certain temperaments which correlate to higher intelligence.

And frankly these people are completely self absorbed which is repulsive in and of itself.

You can be intelligent, but you have to lose your self absorbed attitude to be able to create conversation with people. Being able to converse with other people requires you to be interested in what they have to say. You can be a self absorbed idiot or genius. It doesn't matter. It's still unattractive.

The trick for smart people is to get other people to talk about themselves. Make a road map where the conversation is on the other person. Once you get a road map, start learning how to playfully neg and tease. Calibrate it as necessary.

The problem with most super smart people is ironically their gift in academia. To be good socially, you need to look at an issue holistically eg big picture instead of narrowing down. Figure this out, then you can become the "Alpha of the Room" and still be smart without sacrificing yourself.

Just pill up blasting gucci mane

Look, anyone talking about "showing off" your intelligence is doing it wrong from the beginning. The idea of showing off your intelligence to a woman is about as effective as walking up to a woman and flexing your biceps and saying, "Hey, I work out." (And being actually serious, not as a cocky/funny joke opener).

This is probably what gets a lot of smart guys in trouble. They naturally take pride in being smart and probably rate it as their defining characteristic, and thus attempt to emphasize this trait to women. But women don't give a fuck about how smart you are. They just want their buttons pressed.

This is why smart guys need to learn to utilize all that mental horsepower the right way. Talking about books you've read or scientific studies, etc... is literally the worst thing you can do. I can't believe anyone could seriously suggest things like that. It makes me question whether that person has ever even had a conversation with a woman, much less fucked one.

Smart guys need to re-calibrate their intelligence toward social analysis and away from the autistic shit they nerd out on with other smart guys. Women don't give a fuck about math and physics. Human brains did not evolve to their current state of complexity to do math and physics, they evolved because higher intelligence allows us to better analyze and react to our environment, which increases our chance of survival and reproduction. That includes being able to figure out how to socialize and present yourself properly.

If a guy has a genius level IQ yet can't talk to women, he's either autistic or simply has not put in the proper effort to learn how to do so, possibly because he has some sort of mental/emotional block going on. (This is common with a lot of high IQ guys, who come to identify with the nerd persona, which includes being socially awkward, especially with women.)

You should never have to directly (or even indirectly) reveal to a girl that you have a high IQ. You should simply be using your intelligence to stay ahead of the conversation and guide the interaction where you want it to go.

Telling a girl about the philosophy books you've read? WRONG.

Reading philosophy books and applying the wisdom you read to help you maintain a strong frame? RIGHT.

Blathering on to a girl about scientific studies? WRONG.

Reading scientific studies and applying the conclusions to your interactions with women? RIGHT.

Basically, guys need to stop trying to make themselves appear intelligent, and start using their intelligence to appear more overall alpha. As far as women are concerned, your intelligence is a means, not an end. Treat it as such. Women don't care if you're smart, only if you're smart enough to make good money. Women don't care if you're smart, only if you're smart enough to figure out how to turn them on. Women don't care if you're smart, only if you're smart enough to gain high status. Etc... Intelligence means nothing by itself. Intelligence alone is a 10 inch dick that can't get hard, so just trying to show off your intelligence is inherently pathetic and a turn off to women for that reason.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

Quote: (10-30-2013 09:01 AM)frenchie Wrote:  

You can be intelligent, but you have to lose your self absorbed attitude to be able to create conversation with people. Being able to converse with other people requires you to be interested in what they have to say. You can be a self absorbed idiot or genius. It doesn't matter. It's still unattractive.

I'm only a few steps along my journey, but the advice in this thread rings true to me.

I believe intelligence is not the problem, but it's self-identification with the (logical) mind, an addiction to compulsive thinking, and becoming disconnected from the rest of your body.

Western thought seems to encourage this sort of idea, at least in the post-classical era, where you "are" your mind/thoughts and you body just kind of carries you around. Follow this to its logical conclusion and soon you are living inside your head, in a world of mental abstractions.

It doesn't match with reality. Mind/body are an integrated whole. So many things that one might think of as "merely" physical will alter your mental state (diet, exercise, hormones, sleep, etc. the list goes on and on).

It's not intelligence per se, the problem is that it's easier to fall in this trap if you are intelligent because the natural tendency is to rely on your strengths. As a result you under-develop, possibly even ignore, and do not integrate other parts of yourself.

As far as these kinds of inner game issues go, I believe I've made great strides so far overcoming this with meditation and lifting weights.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Quote: (10-30-2013 12:24 AM)scorpion Wrote:  

There are different types of intelligence.

Mathematical intelligence does not guarantee pussy intelligence. Just look at Steven Hawking who says that

"women are the greatest mystery of the world"

He clearly does not know what he's talking about.

Some guys who are highly intelligent in one area focus on that area because they feel incompetent in others- look at Urkel. It could imply that the guy has little or no social intelligence.

That's an obvious turn off to girls.

Totally agree... OP was asking about I.Q. which is a specific kind of intelligence.

In my view "Game" = learning/applied Social Intelligence

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Many people here are pointing out Physicists as exemplars of smart people. I do this myself sometimes, but it's really misleading. Only a tiny proportion of smart people are Physicists, or academics in general. This is why some have a negative view of people with high IQ. They only see the nerdish or autistic type. But there are many smart people who are nothing like this.

With due respect to Roissy I don't think girls de-select for IQ. As Scorpion said people are confusing nerd and high IQ. They are not as interrelated as people think. I know this is a sample of one, but the smartest guy I've ever met (childhood friend) became a major, very successful player from his late 20's on. I think you'll generally find this. There may be some limited disadvantage for the smart due to statistical autism issues, but the very best players will all have much higher than average IQ's.

The disadvantages to high IQ in men supposedly start accruing from 145. So we're not talking about a large proportion of people who have to worry about this anyway. Under that I think people are blaming IQ for more general shortcomings.