rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

A simple yet powerful mental trick: awww, how cute.

In my quest to become as close to an uncaring alpha as I could, I've come across a simple yet powerful mental trick: just say to yourself or think "aww, how cute" and smirk. Miley Cyrus trying to twerk and failing miserably? Awww, how cute. AMOG trying to steal my girl? Awww, how cute. That girl trying to get my attention just to reject me and satisfy her ego? Aww, how cute. I don't want to approach that girl because of some made-up reason? Aww, how cute. The result for me is astonishing: now it's much easier for me to be cool-headed in the face of any shit test and instead of thinking how to react, my mind and body language become more relaxed and passing them becomes fun - instead of viewing hardest shit tests as obstacles, I began to see every single one of them as fun challenges and wanted to see if I could pass them. It's also good for motivating yourself when you don't want to go out because you feel lazy.

Check out my thread Essential android tools for modern players and alphas to find out how to make your android phone your wingman, or click here and scroll down if you only need to root it.

Want sound that puts iPods and iPhones to shame? I got you covered!

I use a variant of that, only I call it "mental degradation". Essentially, take a deep breath, remind yourself that chances of anything nice happening between you are low no matter what, and remind yourself that she is just human and not some special being.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Did you make this up or find it somewhere? I can't believe how simple this is but I already find myself genuinely smirking; thinking about all the ways this would be useful. Genius.

I've been using this for a long time.

Highly effective.

Quote: (10-23-2013 06:35 AM)mental Wrote:  

In my quest to become as close to an uncaring alpha as I could, I've come across a simple yet powerful mental trick: just say to yourself or think "aww, how cute" and smirk. Miley Cyrus trying to twerk and failing miserably? Awww, how cute. AMOG trying to steal my girl? Awww, how cute. That girl trying to get my attention just to reject me and satisfy her ego? Aww, how cute. I don't want to approach that girl because of some made-up reason? Aww, how cute. The result for me is astonishing: now it's much easier for me to be cool-headed in the face of any shit test and instead of thinking how to react, my mind and body language become more relaxed and passing them becomes fun - instead of viewing hardest shit tests as obstacles, I began to see every single one of them as fun challenges and wanted to see if I could pass them.

I use a similar but more powerful version of this mental trick : I always say to myself, in each of these, often awkward, situations : "Fu*ck' em all".

It works wonders, too. Less cute, though, grant you. [Image: wink.gif]

Quote: (10-23-2013 12:22 PM)Arg expert Wrote:  

I use a similar but more powerful version of this mental trick : I always say to myself, in each of these, often awkward, situations : "Fu*ck' em all".

Yes. I use a similar version.

Instead of "aww cute", I say -- "fuck it"

A more intellectual way of saying to yourself "Fu*ck it", is doing like this Russian officer, saying to yourself : "So what? Worst thing that can happen to me is dying, and, from death there is no escape."

Being a solipsist, the default thing in any interaction happening ends up being "Well, since none of you exist this isn't much different than a lucid dream, and in dreams anything that happens is me acting it out anyway. so fuck you, figment of my imagination, fuck you and your feelings, this is my fucking dream"

Quote: (10-23-2013 12:54 PM)calihunter Wrote:  

Being a solipsist, the default thing in any interaction happening ends up being "Well, since none of you exist this isn't much different than a lucid dream, and in dreams anything that happens is me acting it out anyway. so fuck you, figment of my imagination, fuck you and your feelings, this is my fucking dream"

I do this. Pretend everything is just a dream or that everyone else only exists inside your head. If that girl across the bar or coffee shop isn't real, but is just an illusion, a sense impression of a person but not a real person, then who cares how she reacts to my approach?

Another way of framing it is by looking at picking up girls as a kind of video game.

It's not real, it's just a game, and like Super Mario Brothers if you die - you don't get the number/bang - you just start the level over again.

Maybe you almost get the girl, but she puts up LMR when you get her back to your apartment. You got to the last level and then died in a sea of lava! Who cares, you can start the game over again, it's all for fun anyway.

Mindgames!

Life is a just a big mind game!

Quote: (10-23-2013 01:05 PM)Therapsid Wrote:  

Quote: (10-23-2013 12:54 PM)calihunter Wrote:  

I do this. Pretend everything is just a dream or that everyone else only exists inside your head. If that girl across the bar or coffee shop isn't real, but is just an illusion, a sense impression of a person but not a real person, then who cares how she reacts to my approach?

Another way of framing it is by looking at picking up girls as a kind of video game.

It's not real, it's just a game, and like Super Mario Brothers if you die - you don't get the number/bang - you just start the level over again.

Maybe you almost get the girl, but she puts up LMR when you get her back to your apartment. You got to the last level and then died in a sea of lava! Who cares, you can start the game over again, it's all for fun anyway.

It's called "game" for a reason. Some people have lost sight of that and get way too serious about it. Play the game and enjoy your life. Its that simple.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

Amused mastery, rollo writes in depth about this.

Quote: (10-24-2013 02:02 AM)GLethal85 Wrote:  

Amused mastery, rollo writes in depth about this.

Yes, that's what I was aiming for - that's why I like "awww, how cute" more than "fuck 'em", but maybe "fuck 'em" works better for others, so you should use whatever makes you feel amused mastery.

Check out my thread Essential android tools for modern players and alphas to find out how to make your android phone your wingman, or click here and scroll down if you only need to root it.

Want sound that puts iPods and iPhones to shame? I got you covered!

Little sister/Amused Mastery/Elite Condescension, it's all the same vein.

Another one you can use is "Your Welcome"

I say it all the damn time.

"I sneezed and thought some pee came out, then I remembered it was your cum"
Your Welcome

"I was late to work, shouldve left your place earlier"
Your Welcome

"Had a great time last night"
Your Welcome

Etc, Etc, Etc

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

I very much like using "You're welcome" these days.

i troll the girls when it starts heading south. it keeps the mood high.

Quote: (10-23-2013 01:05 PM)Therapsid Wrote:  

I do this with other areas of my life and it is extremely effective at replacing negative emotional reactions with neutral or positive emotions. "Gamification" is huge in marketing right now - turn everything into a game and people will eat that shit up. Riding an airplane is a game, checking in at a gas station is a game, sitting in traffic is a game (waze app), etc etc etc.

Using the "awww, that is cute" has really helped me, either as putting me in the right mind state, or saying it out loud to girls as a way to putting them down at their place. I think I first read about it on Spearhead, as a guest article from Roissy.

I forget where I saw it before - maybe CH - but the 'You're such a kid, are you still on Team Jacob?' line has worked hilariously well for me with the college girls.

edit: covered in an earlier post

Couldn't it be shortened to just 'cute'. I think that 'aaww cute' might miss the mark sometimes and come across a bit too sarcastic and that you're trying too hard. 'Cute' on its own with a deadpan expression is a bit more ambiguous perhaps.

I'd agree with everyone here but a girl uses this on me the whole time.

It's not fun from the receiving end.

You're welcome is my new offensive!

This is amazing, I'm definitely using this.

Word Gio, emotional mastery is key for getting ahead in this life.

CCK, if a girl says how cute she's either a ballbuster not worth wasting time on, or you trying to hard. Good luck homie

Heartiste had a variant of this - his advice was: treat every girl like your bratty little sister.

Most women love to be infantilized. They may fight it at first, and that's the shit test. But they come to openly love it. And the ones that don't come around, you'll never bang anyway - they aren't accepting your frame as a superior to them, as that paternal patronizing voice.