rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Any musicians? How do you incorporate your talent into your game?

I try to hold back and say I don't play piano until the second meeting but sometimes it doesn't seem to matter. Playing piano has helped me immensely.

Casually drop that you're in a band in conversation.

So you're talking about music..."I really like that new MGMT song they're playing on the radio...you know my band plays something a lot like that."

I've noticed that casually dropping that you're in a band early on actually does MORE than when they're back at your place and they see a guitar and ask if you play and you noodle around for a little bit. It also provides a nice segue to bounce back to your place..."oh you gotta check out my new song that my band just recorded. It's on my computer, come on let's go back to my place and I'll play it for you." Doesn't matter if the recording is 5 yrs old lol

Have a couple of songs you can readily bust out and sing with an acoustic. You shouldn't really need too much more than that

I usually do the opposite of what Pyre suggested. Alot of guys cant play for shit and really throw it around early, which can look generic unless done in a very subtle way. Depends on the girl though.

I've had more success bringing back girls the old fashioned way and surprising them when they go to the bathroom, kitchen, etc... While they're away, I pick up my bass and start playing as if I'm not even interested in showing it off, and it gives the impression you're bored with her.

For the love of god, don't be a generic college dude with an acoustic who can only play 3 chord songs. Take the time to learn the instrument for yourself. One highly technical song is better than 5 generic ones.

I should really incorporate that into my game more often but my fear is that it will seem like I'm trying to hard to impress. 90% of the time they are impressed when I tell them but it feels more alpha when they ask me if I do. I usually say things that lead up to this question.
No skill helps your game more than being a musician (bold statement, I know).
The way their faces light up when I play the latest Rihanna or Frank Ocean song...add in the focus and passion you display on your face while you play with the ocasional smile...and top it off with an excuse for physical contact by "teaching her to play".

Quote: (10-17-2013 02:11 PM)Blick Mang Wrote:  

I usually do the opposite of what Pyre suggested. Alot of guys cant play for shit and really throw it around early, which can look generic unless done in a very subtle way. Depends on the girl though.

I've had more success bringing back girls the old fashioned way and surprising them when they go to the bathroom, kitchen, etc... While they're away, I pick up my bass and start playing as if I'm not even interested in showing it off, and it gives the impression you're bored with her.

For the love of god, don't be a generic college dude with an acoustic who can only play 3 chord songs. Take the time to learn the instrument for yourself. One highly technical song is better than 5 generic ones.

I play piano, it's harder to fake it but I got 7 years of experience

Forgot to add, keep picks in your pocket with a handful of change. If you're out, lay your hand out flat and separate them when you pay for something but don't say anything until she asks. rudeBoy is right, it comes off as if you're just trying to impress. Beta move IMO.

If she's an indie/hipster chick, you won't even need to finish this song

EDIT: Make sure you dress better than they do, though

I have big library in my head so that depending on the type of chick I'm with I'll play or show her a video of me playing her preferred genre of music. If she is a young latina (my fav) I will play a mellow Drake song, if she is the type of girl interested in movies like The Notebook, I will play the theme to A Walk to Remember, etc. After a night of banging I wake and start playing and if she talks I ignore her like the music is more important. Good Alpha move.

Is there no other topic on musician game on the forum?

We've had a bunch of these threads in the past.

I've determined that your geography and setting have way more to do with it than your talent level. I'm a fairly accomplished guitarist and it's gotten me next to nothing in L.A. It hasn't gotten me any new bangs, that's for sure. Now, once I fuck a girl, I'll play for her and she'll stick to me like glue, but that does me no good.

In L.A. girls are only concerned with fame. There are many talented and good looking actors, models, and musicians here, but the stereotype is that they're all broke and unemployed. I know many girls that won't date good looking actors simply because they're out of work. Status is everything here.

However, when I was growing up as a teenager, I'd play guitar and be a huge hit at parties. Unfortunately I didn't have game back then.

So if it's just you and the girl, don't bother with the instrument. It won't help you get that first bang. If you play for her after, it will make her very attracted to you. Your best bet is playing in front of a crowd somewhere, proving that you have balls and can create some micro-celebrity status by garnering affection and attention from a crowd. Remember, girls are sheep, and if she sees other people admiring you and applauding you, THAT is what will get her wet. Not your actual talent.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

"So if it's just you and the girl, don't bother with the instrument. It won't help you get that first bang. If you play for her after, it will make her very attracted to you. Your best bet is playing in front of a crowd somewhere, proving that you have balls and can create some micro-celebrity status by garnering affection and attention from a crowd. Remember, girls are sheep, and if she sees other people admiring you and applauding you, THAT is what will get her wet. Not your actual talent."

Yeah, I just keep the piano in the background until the first bang. I play in crowds often and you're right about the micro-celebrity status, I had women eye-raping and gaming me that night when I played in a bar, one of the most alpha moments in my life. One night after I performed I met a PUA and him and some beta were exchanging ideas (the PUA was being nice, in other words) and the beta decided to try to game a Hot Blonde that was closeby to impress the PUA. I had already banged the hot blonde several times and she had asked for another round that night after I played. I do live in an area that appreciates art, especially music and I believe that helps a lot. LA sounds like a place I wouldn't like.

Make no mistake, I got skills.

I don't mention it until they come to my place and see the guitars on the wall.

It's definitely a tool in my arsenal to get rid of LMR.

What about putting up photos on FB, Twitter, playing your instrument?

I always weave my musical background into the conversation on the first meet. It's an easy way to turn women on, and always seems to come up organically.

The topics vary: many years as a serious guitarist (I've even played for girls back at my place- often blowing them away if they know remotely anything about music or the craft of the instrument. This is where I differentiate myself from the endless posers out there), my bands, shows I've performed (offers an opportunity to be cocky/funny- talk about the shitty shows and venues you've played, along with the awesome ones), eclectic tastes, attending a myriad of concerts, etc.

My knowledge is vast and my passion is genuine- this undeniably shines through. This tends to get chicks intrigued- especially ones who are more alternative or genuinely share my affinity for music.

"my passion is genuine" I think that is what separates posers from us music lovers.

But being too passionate can be a problem also.

If they find out or ask me I say "It was supposed to be a secret." or "You wouldn't be interested in my music". Makes you seem more mysterious and geniune about your talent. And posers suck.

People are often impressed by fingerpicking. Learn it.

Being a virtuoso doesn't get you laid. Women unfortunately can't pick up on it. Being in a band that plays "popular" Linkin Park covers will get you more pussy than being a guy that can play Bach's entire catalog.

Quote:Quote:

So if it's just you and the girl, don't bother with the instrument. It won't help you get that first bang. If you play for her after, it will make her very attracted to you. Your best bet is playing in front of a crowd somewhere, proving that you have balls and can create some micro-celebrity status by garnering affection and attention from a crowd. Remember, girls are sheep, and if she sees other people admiring you and applauding you, THAT is what will get her wet. Not your actual talent.

A lot of truth in that, women couldn't give a flying fuck about your actual talent level.

Quote: (10-18-2013 12:03 AM)Vitriol Wrote:  

Being a virtuoso doesn't get you laid. Women unfortunately can't pick up on it. Being in a band that plays "popular" Linkin Park covers will get you more pussy than being a guy that can play Bach's entire catalog.

A lot of truth in that, women couldn't give a flying fuck about your actual talent level.

Talent doesn't matter at all like you said. As long as you can play four basic chords and whip out cheesy shit like Wonderwall, I'm Yours, and whatever other sappy pop song is popular...you're set.

But yes, genuine passion for it will impress more.

Quote: (10-18-2013 01:18 AM)TroubleMaker Wrote:  

Talent doesn't matter at all like you said. As long as you can play four basic chords and whip out cheesy shit like Wonderwall, I'm Yours, and whatever other sappy pop song is popular...you're set.

But yes, genuine passion for it will impress more.

It pretty much doesn't matter what you play, as long as you play it with authority. Loud and proud.

Quote: (10-18-2013 12:03 AM)Vitriol Wrote:  

Bingo.

I play guitar very well, and most girls don't care before sex that I play. Afterwards it helps with "relationship game" as girls often value a boyfriend who is musical, and they can get warm and fuzzy about it.

Being in a successful band, on the otherhand, is huge. But that's mostly status, not musicality, the same way a professor gets laid for his contextual status and not necessarily because he is smart.

Best thing is to act like your hiding it. I post my music on FB and the women just grovel, ask me to play for them privately etc etc. I never mention it and maybe post a picture or two of me performing very rarely.

Anyways if you play music just to impress women, you're not a musician...your a pendejo

Music comes up in conversation early. I like to take girls to good club shows at smaller venues, great for aggressive make out sessions setting up the lay. Have my guitars displayed nicely hanging on a wall in my place, with an amp set up. I dont usually play too much for them, but when I do they like it.

When I was in bands pussy was always around, they all want the status. Have been out of that game for 15 years. Ready to get back in and play and maybe get in another band.

Have always wanted to busk around the city and to see if I can run game that way.

Well, I have to give a shout out to all of the piano players out here, woot woot.

(Press play and listen for entertainment as you read)

I’ve been playing piano for the past 6-7 years or so.

I don’t post much, but this is something that I’m passionate about and I have some insight to share.

I’m a musician by heart, and have always been involved in music some way or another. I had a piano growing up in our house, so I would always fiddle around with it. Then one day when I was still young and in school, my mother gave me her credit card and said, “You can buy any book off of amazon that you want to buy.”

I ended up buying “The Piano Handbook” and 2-3 Alfred’s Beginner Piano books which basically began my love affair with my 88-Keyed instrument.

Eventually I learned the basics and I could play very basic songs – jingle bells, silent night, ode to joy, etc. But eventually I started learning to sight-read and that helped improve my playing significantly. Then bring on the Czerny (School of Velocity) and the Hanon (Virtuoso Pianist in 60 Exercises) and I started rocking out more “significant” songs like the Beethoven’s, Bach, and Mozart.

Over time, I started getting more composers/pieces under my belt (Rachmaninoff, Barber, Gerswin, Chopin, etc.) and I started getting very advanced with my playing. Now, I can learn – and permanently memorize - any piece in a couple of weeks (maybe less, maybe more, depends on the piece), so it’s great.

But even with my great piano skills, the actual skills and my piano playing abilities don’t bring me chicks. However, in my experience, playing piano is the best skill/asset to have not just for chicks, but just for people and social interactions in general.

In my experience, it is best to save musical skills for AFTER the bang. It was mentioned earlier :

“So if it's just you and the girl, don't bother with the instrument. It won't help you get that first bang. If you play for her after, it will make her very attracted to you.”

I agree with this statement and with the following statement:

“Your best bet is playing in front of a crowd somewhere, proving that you have balls and can create some micro-celebrity status by garnering affection and attention from a crowd. Remember, girls are sheep, and if she sees other people admiring you and applauding you, THAT is what will get her wet. Not your actual talent."

The times when I have “impressed” chicks with my piano playing BEFORE I’ve banged them is whenever I play at a party, in front of a large group, or in public (there are many pianos just lying in public places waiting to be played; I can’t help my fingers whenever I get close to one…).

There have been times before when I’m in a large social gathering (seminar, conference, party, meeting, etc.) and there is a piano just simply lying there. I will open it up and start playing.

Usually, the room will become silent for a couple of seconds. It’s really strange – people subconsciously become quieter every time that I play a piano. Maybe it’s a respect thing, I have no clue, but the attention focuses 100% on me for a certain period of time (it can be anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes or until the end of my song). It depends on the environment and circumstance.

In my opinion, the reason why there’s inherently high value in being a musician is that through demonstrating your ability to have other people’s attention on you (whether it be 10 people or 10,000 people), you just show that you “have your shit together” and that you can “hold your own”.

I will not lie, sometimes it is very nerve racking to be playing in front of people that I don’t know. However, “the training/practice kicks in” and I just seem to play on autopilot. I don’t really focus on anything or anybody around me, just the keys, my hands, the pedals, and the beautiful sounds that I’m making.

After I get done playing, a crowd will usually form around me with various people asking me about “How long have you been playing?” or “How did you get so good?” or “What else do you know how to play?”

And typically, I have three types of repertoire:

1) Classical Unknown
2) Classical Known
3) Commonly Known

1) Classical Unknown – these are songs that, unless you are a classical music lover, most people don’t know. To me, this is some of my favorite things to play, but mainly whenever I’m by myself or with other people who are familiar with this type of music. The list is too great to put here because mainly 95% of all classical music falls into this genre.

2) Classical Known – I also call this category “classical crowd pleasers”. These are the songs that people have heard through movies, commercials, television, or their small exposure to classical music. These tunes are easily identifiable to even someone who “doesn’t listen to classical music”.

Examples:
-Fur Elise – Beethoven (EVERYONE knows this song)
-Canon in D – Canon; popular wedding music as I’ve been told
-Moonlight Sonata – Beethoven; another very commonly known song
-Pathetique – Beethoven; normally this would be in the classical unknown, but people have associated the first movement of this song with the “Buick Car Commercial”…for whatever that’s worth.
-The Entertainer – Joplin. Ragtime music.

I’m sure that there are other’s , but these are the main songs that I can think off of hand. However, with songs like Fur Elise, Moonlight Sonata, and Pathetique, there are 3 “parts” to them. For example, I’ll play Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata, but ONLY the first movement because it’s the most commonly recognized one. Only a few people would even be able to recognize that the 2nd and 3rd movements have anything to do with the 1st.

So if there’s a song that other people are familiar with, I’ll play the most commonly recognized.

3) Commonly Known (Other): I put this as “other” music. This is everything that is “non-classical” music. This is pop music, rap music, rock music, classic/folk music, or common songs that everyone has heard. These are the REAL crowd pleasers.

Since I can sing AND play, there are certain songs that I play for “crowd-sing-a-long’s” and they really pump the energy in the room. Also, they make me look like a hero for knowing these songs. Also, if I’m one-on-one with a chick, I might play a couple of classical pieces, but then I’ll inevitably switch to “other” music in order to get her a little bit engaged.

Off of the top of my head, these are some pieces I can think of:

-Don’t Stop Believin – Journey (holy shit, this is “everyone’s favorite song”, and will really get a crowd pumping. I usually play this song as an “exit” song – meaning that I’m done playing, or the night is winding down. It ensures a steady flow of high fives, applause, and recognition for my piano playing. For some reason, this specific song is the most recognizable and the most sing-a-long-able song out of any song that I know.)
-American Pie – Don McClean – good for an older/sophisticated crowd (or even a younger crowd who knows the lyrics)
-Piano Man – Billy Joel (good if people know all the lyrics).
-Use Somebody – Kings of Leon (good for people under 30. Over 30’s don’t have as much familiarity with this song)
-Someone Like You – Adele (Just recently learned this one. I liked it because the piano part was simple, yet elegant, however, A LOT of people know this song and I wasn’t aware until I started playing it for others)

Basically, this “other” category is anything that is mainstream, pop, etc. I know a whole bunch of other ones, but you get the picture.

For humor, often times I will ask a chick “Hey what is your favorite rap song?” and they’ll say, “It’s XXX song by YYY” and I’ll say, “Holy shit, I know EXACTLY how to play it!” They get super excited.

I’ll sit down on the piano, take a deep breath in, get my hands ready, and start playing two notes that are either a whole step apart or a perfect fourth apart. I’ll start singing the lyrics to the song, and then the chicks realizes the joke – (you can’t really play a rap song on a piano).

Technically, you can, but that’s a different story.

Personally, in this “other” category, I only learn the song if it has a good piano part to it, or if it has a good piano scale-down equivalent. (For me, I never liked Adele and I thought that she was a fat cow with boring music, and then I heard “Someone like You” and fell in love with the piano part, so I learned it. I still think that Adele is a fat cow, but I like her song).

If you’re looking to get “approval” for your piano/music skills, then you HAVE to learn songs in the 3rd/Other category.

Unfortunately, in the world we live in today, nobody gives a shit if you learned all of Bach’s Inventions in 6 months or if you can play a Tchaikovsky Concerto piano part with your eyes closed.

They are impressed if you can play the latest Kesha/Justin Bieber/Miley Cyrus song though.

(On a side note, I DO happen to roll in the social circles where the “Classical Unknown” music is appreciated and well known. However, everyone there has musical skills, so “Game” is more important than anything).

On an ending note, playing piano does help get girls back to my place because I can say, “I’ll play beautiful melodies for you back at my place”, and it helps as an excuse, but it piano playing abilities don’t necessarily equate into an “immediate panty dropper”.

However, I do have many friends who are in bands and they get groupie girls all the time. However, even if their musical skills were sub-par, they easily get chicks because they have mini-celebrity status.

If I wanted to get laid directly from my piano playing abilities, I would just have to find a way to get concerts, gigs, etc. and the girls would come.

However, I play piano, not for the chicks, but because I actually, genuinely, fucking enjoy playing piano. I love classical music too.

So yeah. That’s my experiences with it.

Cheers.

PS: I think dubstep is trash.

And here’s a picture of my piano (not sure if it'll show, but here ya go):

[Image: attachment.jpg15023]   

I think street busking is gonna become a more common day game technique that I wanna try out.
If the FIRST thing she associates with you is that you're a musician that can draw a crowd, you're golden. Have her write her number and toss it in the hat.

Thanks for your input CEOArob. Playing piano has made my quality of life better in almost every aspect except economically ( I don't make a living off of it). I rarely say I play piano to women in an initial interaction but my friends usually tell them if their winging me.

I haven't really gotten into classical pieces but I go full on popular pop/hip hop/techno songs ONLY if they have strong melodical value. (Not overly simple repeating chord progressions and melodies.) I also like soundtracks by Howard Shore, John Williams, Steve Jablonsky...etc.

You'd be surprised at how smooth and sexy some Drake songs sound and how excited younger girls get (I'm 24) when I'm playing Rihanna. Then I play some soundtrack from a sad movie and they just want to get lost in my personality.

And yes. Your confidence will go up.