rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The importance of a good head of hair

I wanted to write a post about hair.

For you bald gents out there, i'm pretty sure you'll find your angle just fine. For cats like myself who never had direction in their life regarding hair this is very important and can amp up your notches in the same way a good suit can.

I used to get a princeton cut (think near buzz) for most of my life. Until recently, i started growing my hair out. I discovered the power of a left part of hair.

I found a good barber in town and asked him what i should do when it grows out. He said, push it to the left and tease it up for a prince charming poof.

I bought some Brylcreem (great product) and let it grow out. After 3 months of playing and testing, i've found my sweet spot.

I've noticed girls staring and looking so much more often at me. Lots of doe eyes and it makes cold opening women significantly easier. In fact, i can dress up in slummy clothes, slick my hair, and still pull chicks. The hair is so massively helpful.

If you've been getting the same cut for awhile try something different. Have a short cut? Grow it out and do a left part a la Don Draper. Do what I did and poof it up for a more charming look.

The key is to find a good barber. Get a guy that has been in the game awhile so her knows how to cut hair like they did back in the day. Once you find one, stick to him for as long as you can.

I grew my hair out wild last year, kind of like the guy from Hell on Wheels.

Never looked back. I've had girls on campus stop me in my tracks and ask if they can touch my hair. Its insane how much more power and sexuality I convey with the long hair. Its got so much more danger and mystery now. The fact that I'm an artist helps it along even more.

After a while I started dousing it lightly with Almond oil for shine and strength. Eventually I threw out my shitty Axe pomade and invested in some Redken Rewind #6. If you have near shoulder-length hair this stuff is amazing. You can keep reworking it throughout the day and girls can run their fingers through it without getting grossed out by the texture.

I had short hair almost my entire life.

I started growing my hair out three months ago, and like you I just recently found the sweet spot.

And yes, women love my hair now.

I think its more of finding what suits your face and your personality. Dudes with long hair can kill it and dudes with short hair can kill it.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

Hair makes all the difference in the world. When guys say that older cats can pull college girls well into their late 40's or whatever - that's mostly true if they have a full head of hair. In fact - a 40 year old man with hair beats a 30 year old dude who's visibly balding every single time.

Having said all that, my hair's thinning out pretty quick and my game is better than ever.

Hair is key. However, I'm not sure it necessarily has to do with having a full head of hair.

It's key that your face, body and clothing fit with your hairstyle. I'm convinced that most men, regardless of how much they're thinning up top can find a haircut and vibe that match their haircut.

To me, a hairstyle is as important as clothing or body type. In the right way, a man's hairstyle can turn a woman on in the same way all of love a woman with a long, thick head of hair.

It's worth your time to try out different looks along with a different haircut. A good haircut and style can add 2-3 points on your looks scale in the eyes of women.

A nice head of hair certainly goes a long way. My hair is dark and thick, girls comment on it/play with it, and has always been a panty dropper.

My hair is to thick and wavy to really style. It looks like a rug when it grows out so i keep it shaved.

Longish hair..
If you can do it...Do it.

Believe it or not wavy hair is surprisingly sought after. Theres dudes that have to go out and buy shit to achieve that look so we should consider ourselves lucky.

Your hair sounds similar to mine, in that its thick, dries and bushes out very quickly. What you need is some oil man. Coconut, almond or some other natural lightweight oil to keep it from drying out.

Don't waste that hair man! Other men would kill to have it.

I visited my (balding) uncle after a few years the other day, he said "boy if I had your hair I'd be running circles around your ass chasing tail." I believe him.

I totally feel this thread! I went with the short buzz cut (1/2" guard/guide) until last year. Finally let it grow out a bit and damn do the women dig it! Highly recommend letting your hair grow out a bit if you can. Thankfully I'm blessed with hair in my mid-30's, unlike my father and grandfather. May a higher power help you fine folks who are cursed with pattern baldness!

I concur.

For the last six years I was buzz cut, till my machine broke down.
A friend refer me to his barber, and I see some positive change after ditching the buzz cut.
There is still room for improvement in this department, but I can safely say that this is something to take into consideration.
Experiment with it, and find your sweet spot.
Same goes for beard/clothing/style.

what hair styles would you recommend for guys with thinning hair on top?

Quote: (10-10-2013 08:39 PM)MaleDefined Wrote:  

Hair is key. However, I'm not sure it necessarily has to do with having a full head of hair.

It's key that your face, body and clothing fit with your hairstyle. I'm convinced that most men, regardless of how much they're thinning up top can find a haircut and vibe that match their haircut.

Absolutely. I started going bald in my early 20s. I bic my head, but I've got broad shoulders and a big chest, so I think I pull it off. Imagine a cross between Mr. Clean and the Brawny Man. I do think it looks a whole lot better than a regular "balding-guy" hair cut. I've never really noticed much difference with women as for totally bald vs full head of hair, but thats just me.

Scarface more info on oil? I want to try slicking it back like Scarfaces sidekick.

Quote: (10-18-2013 10:45 PM)houston Wrote:  

Scarface more info on oil? I want to try slicking it back like Scarfaces sidekick.

What I've been doing Houston for the past 6 months is mixing extra-virgin olive oil,almond oil, cold-pressed castor oil, few drops of lemon extract, & a few drops of eucalyptus(the latter 2 for a lil'fragrance to offset the "heavier" former 3 oils). Got most of it at Whole FOods/Sprouts market including the blue mixing bottle that holds maybe 5 ounces of all that fluid. mix it really well(AKA shaking it like crazy) and apply wherever. Use it on my face, arms, feet,my hair(which adds moisture and aids in thickening facial hair) and the difference has been night/day. I've been told i look 22-23 and I'm 27. Taking care of your skin and hair goes along way once girls notice it as they can't help but touch it.

A bonus is that the hamster gets to wondering how the hell can you pull off good youthful looks naturally and they have to work SO hard at maintaining any degree of beauty. Another win in the "higher value" department IMHO.

I had tons of girls opening me with questions about hair care back when I had long hair (straight, shiny, full head of hair well over my shoulders). One other thing is, although long hair in Serbia is synonymous with rock and metal music (which I certainly am into), I never really dressed in that fashion, sot there was always a juxtaposition in my looks which can be intriguing to a lot of girls.
However, because of psoriasis problems, I now have a very short buzz cut with no. 1 guard. So know its short hair, and earrings punk look, but still dressing stylish, usually aiming for that High/Low look. Gotta keep 'em guessing!

Yeah, I think hair is important. There's this trend going around with Black people, the fade. Since I got this cut I'm getting better results with my approaches. So yeah, it has something to do with it.

The rewards I see from working is what made me an addict.
There's way more people that want it than people that have it.

I have long hair and it makes my otherwise average face and weak chin stand out a lot in a good way. I love it, and women do too. However, I'm afraid that it will look very bad when I start balding, which is already happening.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

James Matador goes around wearing a wig - why? Because he pulls more girls wearing it than he would if he showed off his shiny head.

Guys losing their hair is not so different than girls packing on twenty pounds. Unless you're in the minority of guys who look good with a shaved head, you'll have dropped a couple of notches on the looks scale.

Sometimes I wonder if guys marry their girlfriends when they start seeing too much hair in their sinks.

My hair went years ago. Given my genetic background that was hardly surprising.

Really the best thing is not to care. Confidence out-trumps everything.

Having said that I was in a Bangkok gogo bar and a guy walks in who has a white beard as long as Santa Clauses's. Suffice to say the Thai chicks go wild over him, even if he is old enough to be their grandfather!

This is the bottle I use (see attatchment)

I apply about two nickels worth to damp hair after a shower. My hair is almost shoulder length so adjust amount as necessary. You will have that slick sheen like Manolo in no time!

I like the other posters idea with all the extra stuff, just don't know if I'd have the time or patience to find and mix all that. Also check out some nice pomades from redken or bumble & bumble if slicking back is gonna be your go-to style.

John Hamm used some Redken Grip Tight medium hold hair gel when he played Don Draper. I've used it in conjunction with the AO and it looked fantastic although it felt gross to the hands. Pomades are better in this regard.

Quote: (10-19-2013 11:32 AM)Therapsid Wrote:  

James Matador goes around wearing a wig - why? Because he pulls more girls wearing it than he would if he showed off his shiny head.

Guys losing their hair is not so different than girls packing on twenty pounds. Unless you're in the minority of guys who look good with a shaved head, you'll have dropped a couple of notches on the looks scale.

Sometimes I wonder if guys marry their girlfriends when they start seeing too much hair in their sinks.

Yeah but I doubt whether it really makes that much of a difference. As another poster said, if you're confident, dress well, and have something going for you it's probably secondary. You might drop very well a couple of notches on the looks scale, but is that really that important for girls? I have heard from female models that they're not really that into male models - they said that they think they're boring. Looking dominant - i.e. pumped up, confident and imposing is probably more important than looking "handsome".

Damn estraudi thats a lot of work. Another reason why I keep my hair short haha.

Scarface, does that AO control frizzy hair? Do you put the AO then the pomade right after? Im thinking of sleeping with a skull cap to train it to stay back.

Houston I actually sport a short fade as well. One of my friends is my stylist and she was the one who nudged me in the direction of that oil elixir i previously mentioned. It only takes 1 trip to the store(whole foods usually has cute aisle wanderers searching for random oils too so it's not a TOTAL waste of time,just game them too) and maybe 2 minutes tops to mix it all up @ home. It was worth the shot for me, you never know...

Quote: (10-19-2013 07:22 PM)houston Wrote:  

Damn estraudi thats a lot of work. Another reason why I keep my hair short haha.

Scarface, does that AO control frizzy hair? Do you put the AO then the pomade right after? Im thinking of sleeping with a skull cap to train it to stay back.

It works fantastic for keeping frizz down and just making your hair look more lustrous and shiny. More pleasant on the hands.

Here is my routine:

1. Shower with sulfate free conditioner only (no shampoo! Sodium Lauryll Sulfate is nasty shit and dries your hair out badly). I like to get my hair wet first thing and massage conditioner in it right at the beginning of the shower and leave the conditioner in for the duration of the rest of the shower as a wash my body. You don't have to buy some expensive shit, I use the 78 cent bottles of VO5 from Wal Mart and they are awesome. Just check the ingredients and avoid sulfates as they are the most damaging. Wash conditioner out at the end of shower.

2. Dry my hair after shower until it is damp but not "shiny" wet. Apply almond oil and "rake" into my hair using fingers. Concentrate on the tips rather than the roots as they need the moisture more. After desired level of smoothness just let it rest in your hair while you get ready for the next 10 mins

3. Apply your choice of pomade/gel/styling paste. Gels feel gross after a few hours and don't get along with the AO. Pomades are better and more pliable but also feel kind of gunky. Ive had the best luck with Redken Rewind #06 pliable styling paste. Smells great, feels light, allows me to constantly comb my fingers through my hair during the day and reshape my hair randomly.

This is the stuff:
[Image: redken-rewind-styling-paste-en.jpg]
$17-20 and will last about a month for moderate-length hair.

And this is sort of the hairstyle I employ with it:

[Image: how-s2-key-art-590.jpg]
[Image: Hell-on-Wheels.jpg]

without the gun and cowboy getup, of course. If your hair is way short then maybe look into some bumble & bumble pomades as they have some of the nicer stuff but quite pricey at something like $27. As an overall product line I really like the redken, however.

Don't sleep with a skullcap, you will damage the way your hair grows and it fucks all sorts of things up health wise when your hair is constricted like that. At least thats the old Afghan folk shit I was told in my youth. Back when I wore my hair down one thing I would do that may help you (if thats the style you want) is to dry your hair till its damp and then wear a beanie around over your damp hair for like 30-45 mins. After you take it off your hair typically stays down for the rest of that day, even several hours later.