rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How do you eat cottage cheese?

It's cheap, laden with protein but I don't like it.

I used to dump dried onion in and use it as a dip for Ruffles chips.

Potato chips are now banned from my body.

Any ideas on how to get this stuff down? I need more protein so I can bulk. I cut 25 pounds of fat, now I want to add 10 of muscle.

Quote: (09-19-2013 07:31 PM)JimNortonFan Wrote:  

It's cheap, laden with protein but I don't like it.

I used to dump dried onion in and use it as a dip for Ruffles chips.

Potato chips are now banned from my body.

Any ideas on how to get this stuff down? I need more protein so I can bulk. I cut 25 pounds of fat, now I want to add 10 of muscle.

chef in jeans recommended putting pineapple in it to improve the taste

When I make an egg and cheese omelet I throw it on top or on the side.

Pineapple slices.

Applesauce with any combination of cinnamon, cloves, allspice... almost any kind of canned fruit will work though.

It tastes better with jam, but I even eat it plain.

Why don't you use powdered protein?

Drink a couple of shakes a day on top of your food intake to meet your daily protein target

Pretty much every guy serious about putting on muscle does

Casein powder has the same protein that cottage cheese does-use it at night because it's more slowly absorbed while you sleep

Whey protein during the day

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

Want to save money, feel full.

Get most protein from cheap steak and eggs, some nuts and beans.

Coming into fall, there are great apples and pears in season.

At the hotel I serve a bowl of fromage blanc (kind of similar to cottage cheese) seasoned with olive oil, salt, and pepper. On top of that I throw some diced apple and sliced pear. Sprinkle the whole thing with ground star anise, but go easy on it. Then drizzle honey over it and top with candied walnut. (If you're worried about sugar, simply toasted, chopped walnuts will work too)

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Quote: (09-19-2013 08:07 PM)Capitán Peligroso Wrote:  

Applesauce with any combination of cinnamon, cloves, allspice... almost any kind of canned fruit will work though.

watch the canned fruit, that cocktail stuff is all sugar and horribly bad for ya. Stick to the real deal, applesauce would be a good choice if you like the mix. I love cottage cheese I eat it plain most of the time but the odd time its either pepper or fresh pineapple.

Salsa makes things that are pretty much raw protein a lot tastier. Salsa a pure egg whites is always a good combo. Probably will be good with cottage cheese. Also higher fat cottage cheeses taste better.

Quote: (09-19-2013 09:04 PM)malc Wrote:  

Salsa makes things that are pretty much raw protein a lot tastier. Salsa a pure egg whites is always a good combo. Probably will be good with cottage cheese. Also higher fat cottage cheeses taste better.

agreed, the only way to eat dairy is the full fat versions. From a benefits perspective it's just the superior choice.

Mixing it with tuna is good.

Can't go wrong with the high protein meal either.

Mix with cinnamon and a touch of honey (or maple syrup).

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

Quote: (09-19-2013 08:55 PM)mikeymike Wrote:  

Quote: (09-19-2013 08:07 PM)Capitán Peligroso Wrote:  

watch the canned fruit, that cocktail stuff is all sugar and horribly bad for ya. Stick to the real deal, applesauce would be a good choice if you like the mix. I love cottage cheese I eat it plain most of the time but the odd time its either pepper or fresh pineapple.

Yeah, I agree with you on this, just trying to give the dude some alternatives. I usually just eat it straight out of the container or on a salad. It does mix well with a lot of different kinds of fruit though.

You take a spoon and just eat the shit out of the container. I guess I'm the only one who actually likes the taste.

A lot of the companies in the USA that make cottage cheese have one that already has pineapples in it if you want to make the taste sweeter. You can also use it almost like a dressing on salad greens.

Look up some 'paneer' recipes. Its boiled, but tastes absolutely great (especially if you like Indian food).

I usually just heat it up and eat it plain though. Convenient, quick and Spartan.

I too enjoy the taste of cottage cheese. I like to top green salads with a heap of pico de gallo and cottage cheese as a dressing. More protein than using a typical bottled dressing. Greek yogurt is great, too, loads of protein, and has a very similar consistency to sour cream, which I don't even use anymore.

"Make a little music everyday 'til you die"

Voice teacher here. If you ever need help with singing, speech and diction, accent improvement/reduction, I'm your man.

Right out of the tub. Love the shit ever since I was a little kid. I use to put it on my Top Ramen when I was like 8.

Using it as a salad dressing is awesome. Make a chef salad with egg, turkey, ham, cheese and throw cottage cheese on top as the dressing. Little salt and pepper and you're good to go.

Can do frozen blueberries mixed in with a dash of honey if you need.

Can throw it in the blender with some milk and other shit to make a shake out of it.

Cut up a tomato, cucumber, onion some parsley and sprinkle olive on it. Add some salt and pepper.

I mix it with tuna and a bit of pesto.

I like to pour half a cup of frozen mixed berries in a bowl, microwave for a minute or so, then mix in some cinnamon before adding the cottage cheese. A touch of honey makes it even better if you don't mind a little extra sugar.

Cottage cheese tastes very similar to buffalo mozzarella at a fraction of the price. I used to put it on tomatoes with basil and balsamic. Delicious.

Drizzle some organic honey over the top and mix it in.
You are good to go!

Damn, cottage cheese wasn't even on my radar but after reading some of these posts I want to walk down to the import grocery store and see if they've got any out here.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling