rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

RVF Official Laundry Detergent?

What kind of laundry detergent do you guys use?

I use Tide Original Scent, I think I use it because that'swhat my mom uses. Maybe it's time to make a change.

What about dryer sheets/fabric softener?

Disappointed in you, kickboxer. You should know the answer to this shit.

[Image: 550px-Add-Baking-Soda-to-Laundry-Step-3.jpg]

Baking soda is the answer to everything.

Sweaty? Baking Soda
Shampoo? Baking Soda
Deodorant? Baking Soda
Sweaty balls? Baking Soda

And the list goes on.

Edit: I used a soap called "foca" (mexican) but switched to Tide and Downy.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

I use ALL or Tide, they have these pre-measured pods which makes everything so much easier. Just pop it in the washing machine and that's it.

How is baking soda on clothes? I'm really OCD about washing my clothes and use minimal amounts of detergent and use the gentle/delicate setting on most things. I don't even wash all my clothes every time I wear them depending on the item and how long it was worn/how dirty it is. I don't like putting unnecessary wear on clothing. I feel like baking soda would be more abrasive than liquid detergent.

It's super simple to make laundry detergent for about $5-$6 per 5 gallon bucket you mix up (insane cost savings). Yes, baking soda can part of the equation, but so is borax, washing soda, and Fels-Naptha laundry bar soap.

Lot's of different variations on google, but this can get you started.

- Grate one bar of soap with cheese grater or food processor.
- Put grated soap in pan with 2 quarts water and gradually heat, stirring constantly until soap is completely dissolved.
- Put 4.5 gallons of really hot tap water in a 5-gallon bucket (available for free in bakeries at grocery stores, just ask them) and stir in 1 cup of borax and 1 cup of Washing Soda until completely dissolved.
- Pour soap mixture from pan into 5-gallon bucket. Stir well.
- Cover and leave overnight.
- Shake or stir until smooth and pour into gallon jugs or other containers.
- Use 1/2 to 1 cup per load.

I use All Free and Clear. Dermotologist recommended it, but more important than health is you don't want any fragrance on your clothes or skin masking your natural scent. Women key in on it.

I just buy Tide or cheap shit from the dollar store and wash on gentle cycle then let the clothes air dry if I don't want them fading and shrinking. Always liquid, never powder.

I have a really strong sense of smell and hate fake, flowery scents. I've been using plain old white vinegar (89 cents for 2 litres) as fabric softener for years. It also removes the soap residue, reduces lint and static cling, and attacks mold and mildew. Look it up.

I also use Tide Free and clear...good if your skin gets itchy from regular detergent.

Is using just plain baking soda effective? What about a splash of ACV?

Resurrecting old thread for some information on how to get yellow sweat stains out of collars.

As you may know, if you wear white dress shirts without a collar guard more than a few times, they will get yellow sweat stains that are very difficult to remove. The stains will not come out if you just use detergent. This morning I tried an experiment and I am happy to report it was a great success.

How to get yellow stains out of your collar:

1. Get some baking soda.
2. Pour some 3% hydrogen peroxide on it to make a very dilute slurry.
3. Wet the collar of the shirt.
4. Pour the slurry on to the color in small amounts and brush it in with a toothbrush.
5. Place the collar in direct sunlight (indoors is fine) for maybe 30 minutes (not sure if this is necessary but I did it). Reasoning behind this is that UV light promotes the decomposition of hydrogen peroxide as follows: light + HOOH --> 2 OH. The OH radicals are what do the oxidizing of colored pigments.
6. Wash shirt with regular detergent and chlorine-free bleach.
7. Air dry, or dry in full sunlight for additional photobleaching.

I was utterly amazed at how well this works. All yellow gone. You don't need any fancy stain removers.

in the U.S., they eliminated TSP from the formula so it all washes like crap. TSP isn't really a detergent but acts to enhance the rinse. It has potassium in it which causes algae blooms when the government releases sewer water back into the ecosystem, which is why they banned it.

You used to be able to buy TSP at paint stores and add it to your detergent. I bought some on Amazon but it was some sort of immitation that didn't work.

What I did find was dish detergent with TSP that does work. So I use that on my wash. I also use baking soda.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PT0...UTF8&psc=1

Quote: (08-04-2017 12:28 PM)Menace Wrote:  

Resurrecting old thread for some information on how to get yellow sweat stains out of collars.

As you may know, if you wear white dress shirts without a collar guard more than a few times, they will get yellow sweat stains that are very difficult to remove. The stains will not come out if you just use detergent. This morning I tried an experiment and I am happy to report it was a great success.

How to get yellow stains out of your collar:

1. Get some baking soda.
2. Pour some 3% hydrogen peroxide on it to make a very dilute slurry.
3. Wet the collar of the shirt.
4. Pour the slurry on to the color in small amounts and brush it in with a toothbrush.
5. Place the collar in direct sunlight (indoors is fine) for maybe 30 minutes (not sure if this is necessary but I did it). Reasoning behind this is that UV light promotes the decomposition of hydrogen peroxide as follows: light + HOOH --> 2 OH. The OH radicals are what do the oxidizing of colored pigments.
6. Wash shirt with regular detergent and chlorine-free bleach.
7. Air dry, or dry in full sunlight for additional photobleaching.

I was utterly amazed at how well this works. All yellow gone. You don't need any fancy stain removers.

You can also boil your whites and blue solids (separately) in a big ass pot, along with a bit of detergent. Use it as a pre-wash. Get a pot of water to boil, add shirts, laundry detergent, and / or baking soda. You can take shirts out after five to ten minutes and throw in the next set. No need to change the water with every few shirts.

Try this one weird trick and you'll be shocked to see how bright your whites used to be when you first bought them.

I no longer buy dress shirts that are not solid white because how quickly they stain or bleach. Whites last forever. (The money I save goes into my tie budget.)

Data Sheet Maps | On Musical Chicks | Rep Point Changes | Au Pairs on a Boat
Captainstabbin: "girls get more attractive with your dick in their mouth. It's science."
Spaniard88: "The "believe anything" crew contributes: "She's probably a good girl, maybe she lost her virginity to someone with AIDS and only had sex once before you met her...give her a chance.""

for whites, bleach and some TSP works wonders.

More on TSP here.

https://mises.org/library/why-everything-dirtier

Re: sweat stains on white shirts, we used to rub chalk on the pits and collars of our white uniform shirts which acted as a barrier and just washed off in the laundry.

Costco detergent works for me, though Persil smells better I think.

Arm and Hammer has baking soda drop in packets:

[Image: 649e8987-11ba-4548-963c-d99de200fd4b_1.a...nBg=FFFFFF]

I'll be using them soon when I run out of the current stuff.

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

I use Tide Pods.

Tide pods usually, but if I need to get a grease/oil stain out from work I'll pre-scrub some Dawn dish soap into it first.

In my opinion, detergent is detergent. If you want it a little cleaner, add half a cup of baking soda loose (no need to buy a prepackaged "pod") or liquid bleach for whites. The key is to add some TSP, but be careful not to get any on your hands or skin. Dawn is better and cheaper than shout or anything else to pre-treat grease stains such as food. I'm a cheapskate but go with the brand name Dawn here.

When washing dishes, some generic Dawn stuff works fine and you can sanitize with some vinegar. At that Asian grocery, vinegar for cleaning is 99 cents for a gallon. That stuff is great for cleaning counters, floors, your dishes, etc. For stubborn food on pots, put some vinegar in it and some baking soda. The baking soda is a mild abrasive.

Persil.

Fuck cost savings .

Washing Soda (Sodium Carbonate) can enhance the effectiveness of your existing detergent.

If only you knew how bad things really are.