rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Good place to take programming classes in New York?

Hi everyone
I'm studying for admission into a graduate statistics/data analytics program but the problem is that any decent program requires programming knowledge of languages like R that I don't have. I need to take prerequesite courses to get up to speed but I don't want to have to take classes for any type of credit. I live in the Bay Area now but I'm planning a move to New York City (Brooklyn) early next year.

So my question is this: does anyone know of a good place in New York City where I can study programming languages without having to sign up for a formal "program"? Less expensive is better of course. Like a night class center or something. I'm sure there are many; I just want to get the opinion of anyone who might be familiar with this.

Thanks!!

PS: I know this might not be the best forum to post a question like this but I really don't know where else to ask!

Several places teach web development in NYC but probably not what you're looking for. I don't know anything about R or similar languages but I would guess that online programs will be easier to find and cheaper. Check these out http://r-dir.com/learn/courses.html

Coursera and the like Not only in ny, anywhere. And it's free.

These could help, thanks. I usually do prefer to be in a physical classroom though because I have terrible ADD and if there's not someone literally talking at me it's hard for me to pay attention.

A lot of people create local groups for Coursera courses.

There is also this http://www.meetup.com/nyhackr/

I think a few google searches will give you all your other options.