rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Date Lab: The date has to be going well if people think you’re newlyweds

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/...story.html

[Image: date0818.jpg]

Quote:Quote:

Lauren: People in my generation, we don’t really go out on dates anymore. So it was nice to have dinner and just get to know somebody right then and there.

Okay, she's actually for real. What is happening to Date Lab?

Marco: We didn’t really talk about careers. That’s one thing with D.C. The first three questions everybody asks you: what do you do, where are you from, how long have you lived in D.C. That’s kind of off-putting at first. I told somebody before who asked me that that I was a plumber, just to see their reaction. But I was curious about hers. We were joking about if she’s going to search my background and find some skeletons in the closet.

A common mistake is to talk about your career. The guy didn't do that here. Good job.

Marco: I gave her a hug at the end of the night, and then she went on her way on the Metro. It wasn’t really a romantic goodbye or anything like that; it was a more casual one.

Man, the guy missed up. Should had escalated here. So much potential. A lost opportunity.

UPDATE: The pair texted back and forth but never made plans to meet up. Lauren says, “Since we don’t know each other that well, I could’ve seen it going either way.” Marco, meanwhile, blamed a busy summer for the lack of plans. Still, Lauren says, it was “a lot of fun for her first blind date.”

The guy here had zero game. If he knew how to close, it was a done deal.

Quote: (08-17-2013 03:52 PM)Judge Terror Wrote:  

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/...story.html

[Image: date0818.jpg]

Lauren: People in my generation, we don’t really go out on dates anymore. So it was nice to have dinner and just get to know somebody right then and there.

Marco: We didn’t really talk about careers. That’s one thing with D.C. The first three questions everybody asks you: what do you do, where are you from, how long have you lived in D.C. That’s kind of off-putting at first. I told somebody before who asked me that that I was a plumber, just to see their reaction. But I was curious about hers. We were joking about if she’s going to search my background and find some skeletons in the closet.

A common mistake is to talk about your career. The guy didn't do that here. Good job.

Marco: I gave her a hug at the end of the night, and then she went on her way on the Metro. It wasn’t really a romantic goodbye or anything like that; it was a more casual one.

Man, the guy missed up. Should had escalated here. So much potential. A lost opportunity.

UPDATE: The pair texted back and forth but never made plans to meet up. Lauren says, “Since we don’t know each other that well, I could’ve seen it going either way.” Marco, meanwhile, blamed a busy summer for the lack of plans. Still, Lauren says, it was “a lot of fun for her first blind date.”

The guy here had zero game. If he knew how to close, it was a done deal.

I think you're misreading this one, Judge Terror. He played it cool not because he had no game but because he just wasn't into her.

He rated the date a 4 and she rated it a 4.5. So that tells you something right there. He's also better looking. But, also, re-read his words -- he's the one saying it wasn't romantic and "we don't know each other that well." LOL! What guy says *that??* Do you think a guy would say "We don't know each other that well," if he had a chance with Kate Upton or Elle MacPherson and they rated a date higher? His words are guy-speak for "Um, no thanks -- I'm not even down for sex. NEXT!!!"

He's Italian. We're a very passionate people. If you turn us off, we can't fake it. IMO she didn't do it for him looks-wise or personality-wise and he passed. But unlike the immature, nasty women of DC he was subtle and POLITE about it, which is why you didn't pick up on it.

How dare you usurp my forum column!!! BANNED!!

Just kidding. I recommend more reaction gifs.

For the guys who question whether or not men age slower than women:

Look at the photo. He's a year older than her, and yet he looks like her little brother.

That dude should be banging 18 year olds.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Lauren: We took the last Metro out of Court House, and we were like the only ones at the stop, and we actually got to talk more about his architecture.

RATE THE DATE

Lauren: Great date, great food. I don’t know. Oh, my goodness, could we go with a 4.5?

Marco: I’d give it a 4, because I did have fun. I’d probably hang out with her again. I don’t know if it’d be romantic, but I got along with her.

Like someone else in the thread said, Marco was not feeling her. As a tall, white, clean cut, in shape architect who also seems to be a good conversationalist, he can definitely do better. And props to him for being respectful about it.

BTW thanks for picking up doing the Date Labs, JT.

This is meaningless. It's just like girls saying "I love it when a guy gives me flowers!" Just like I'd love it if a girl chauffered me to work. But it wouldn't arouse me.

Plus, a girl who says that is basically admitting that she usually meets men while intoxicated.

He rated the date a 4 and she rated it a 4.5. So that tells you something right there. He's also better looking. But, also, re-read his words -- he's the one saying it wasn't romantic and "we don't know each other that well." LOL! What guy says *that??* Do you think a guy would say "We don't know each other that well," if he had a chance with Kate Upton or Elle MacPherson and they rated a date higher? His words are guy-speak for "Um, no thanks -- I'm not even down for sex. NEXT!!!"

He's Italian. We're a very passionate people. If you turn us off, we can't fake it. IMO she didn't do it for him looks-wise or personality-wise and he passed. But unlike the immature, nasty women of DC he was subtle and POLITE about it, which is why you didn't pick up on it.

Some guys just have lower libido, and don't care to fuck strange for its own sake. That's my guess with this guy.

Or they think sex is limited to relationships. I've got a friend and wingman who told me that before he was 'red pill,' having sex outside relationships was inconceivable to him - he had only had sex with girls in relationships. So maybe Marco thought, "to fuck this girl, I'd have to date her, and she's not someone I'd date, so I'll just let it go." He's from Alabama, so maybe he's a little more chivalrous.

If she had such a good time on the date, why the long face?

#NoSingleMoms
#NoHymenNoDiamond
#DontWantDaughters

Quote: (08-17-2013 04:56 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

This is meaningless. It's just like girls saying "I love it when a guy gives me flowers!" Just like I'd love it if a girl chauffered me to work. But it wouldn't arouse me.

Plus, a girl who says that is basically admitting that she usually meets men while intoxicated.

Some guys just have lower libido, and don't care to fuck strange for its own sake. That's my guess with this guy.

Or they think sex is limited to relationships. I've got a friend and wingman who told me that before he was 'red pill,' having sex outside relationships was inconceivable to him - he had only had sex with girls in relationships. So maybe Marco thought, "to fuck this girl, I'd have to date her, and she's not someone I'd date, so I'll just let it go." He's from Alabama, so maybe he's a little more chivalrous.
Quote:
"Lauren: People in my generation, we don’t really go out on dates anymore. So it was nice to have dinner and just get to know somebody right then and there."

Lauren translation: I don't get date offers from the alphas i'm attracted to. It was weird to eat and socialize in public with a potential lay without been intoxicated and stuffed full of humongous sized slices of pizza after a night out in Adams Morgan.

"I have refused to wear a condom all of my life, for a simple reason – if I’m going to masturbate into a balloon why would I need a woman?"

Roosh was slipping a little on the Date Labs--to the degree that I couldn't enjoy my weekend morning coffee quite the same--but I'm still a little uncomfortable with the sight of another member's name in the OP.

It would be like showing up with Roosh's ex-girlfriend to a huge forum meet-up. There's technically nothing wrong with it, but it's in poor taste. [Image: lol.gif]

[Image: attachment.jpg13940]   

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Quote: (08-17-2013 07:18 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Roosh was slipping a little on the Date Labs--to the degree that I couldn't enjoy my weekend morning coffee quite the same--but I'm still a little uncomfortable with the sight of another member's name in the OP.

It would be like showing up with Roosh's ex-girlfriend to a huge forum meet-up. There's technically nothing wrong with it, but it's in poor taste. [Image: lol.gif]

LOL [Image: banana.gif][Image: banana.gif]

I searched and discovered that no one posted this yet so I said to myself "what the hell" and posted this one. That said, no one can replace Roosh, period.

Quote: (08-17-2013 04:24 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

How dare you usurp my forum column!!! BANNED!!

Just kidding. I recommend more reaction gifs.

Thanks for letting me to post this one. Didn't mean to intrude on your turf. [Image: youtheman.gif][Image: youtheman.gif]

Quote: (08-17-2013 04:09 PM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

I think you're misreading this one, Judge Terror. He played it cool not because he had no game but because he just wasn't into her.

Agreed on all points. Date lab is clearly determined to try to set up low value women that don't have much going for them(unattractive physically, not much going for them professionally or in terms of a good personality) and try to match them up with high value men who clearly have their shit together(attractive, articulate, in shape architect).

Why would any guy sign up for date lab? Especially a guy like this that should have better options.

Quote: (08-18-2013 10:08 AM)bacan Wrote:  

Why would any guy sign up for date lab? Especially a guy like this that should have better options.

From what I understand, the washington post pays for the entire date

Quote: (08-18-2013 04:13 PM)master_thespian Wrote:  

Yeah exactly. Free food, maybe a bang, and some publicity in the paper for future bangs. Why not do it?

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Quote: (08-18-2013 04:25 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

Quote: (08-18-2013 04:13 PM)master_thespian Wrote:  

Yeah exactly. Free food, maybe a bang, and some publicity in the paper for future bangs. Why not do it?

if I was in DC and single, sure I would sign up. But if you look at the date lab track record, they have a habit of setting up low value, unattractive, and sometimes obese, women with high value men.

Why would you want that publicity?

Quote: (08-18-2013 06:18 PM)bacan Wrote:  

Why would you want that publicity?

Free groupie bangs? Although I see your point, it's not ideal to have your real name and age put on the internet.

You're right. Thinking about it more, date lab is a bad deal.

Again, it is free.

The people on this date will hopefully be bringing their 'A game' because they want not just to have a good date, but to look good for the article.

What I take from Date Lab is this: We get to see many guys who could greatly benefit from this forum, but who will most likely never find us and will therefore never improve their situation very much, if they improve it at all.