rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

10 reasons why San Francisco sucks
0 reasons why San Francisco sucks
An Asian guy really brought the hate...

https://medium.com/empire-state-of-mind/40f2ad2f19da

Best entry:

Quote:Quote:

5. 49ers
No, not the football team, they’re great. I’m referring to all the girls who are obviously 4's and behave like they are 9's. Just because San Francisco has the worst Female to Male ratio in the known universe doesn’t give you the right to be a bitch all the time.

[Image: ohshit.gif]

49ers!!! DC has that team too! [Image: lol.gif]
SF is pretty bad relative to other parts of the US and world. I will let the experts Westcoast and Gio chime in though, my experience is limited to a few trips and staying in the Marina the entire time.
Quote: (08-16-2013 07:02 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

An Asian guy really brought the hate...

https://medium.com/empire-state-of-mind/40f2ad2f19da

Best entry:

5. 49ers
No, not the football team, they’re great. I’m referring to all the girls who are obviously 4's and behave like they are 9's. Just because San Francisco has the worst Female to Male ratio in the known universe doesn’t give you the right to be a bitch all the time.

[Image: ohshit.gif]

49ers!!! DC has that team too! [Image: lol.gif]

"49ers" - just pure gold. Def. going to be using that from now on.

Wondering why he had to put in the disclaimer as his opinions are pretty spot on for the most part...guess he was just afraid of the haters coming out and harassing him?? He clearly knows SF reasonably well and means everything he says.

Disclaimer: This post is an opinion piece by me. It was intended to be humorous satire. Hate all you want, but please stop bringing my company into this.

2015 RVF fantasy football champion
Dude, Akula, SF is the world capital of political correctness. Disclaimers are basically mandatory there if you don't want to be nagged for the next 2 months.
having spent a great deal of time in all of the major cities in the US, I would say #1 on my list for SF is the Elitism. There is an Elitism in SF you dont even find in NYC, LA, etc. Its similar to Seattle and Boston, you live in a marginally important city, but the fact you live there makes you culturally and socially superior to anyone. I didnt research it but he is probably a start up guy and all of the elitist midwesterners and east coasters that invade SF every year probably trash him and his company for having a mildly negative opinion. Its beautiful, but when I am there, and I spend a great deal of time there on business, I would rather stay in Palo Alto, Half Moon Bay, Pacifica, Sausalito, Berkeley. Personally, the south Peninsula/west San Jose is more interesting than SF. SF can be fun, but I can only take a few days of it. Back in the day they used to have the best music scene in the US, but that is long gone.
Quote: (08-16-2013 07:21 AM)Akula Wrote:  

Wondering why he had to put in the disclaimer as his opinions are pretty spot on for the most part...guess he was just afraid of the haters coming out and harassing him?? He clearly knows SF reasonably well and means everything he says.

This is why he used the disclaimer.
http://www.businessinsider.com/startup-f...4e2e00002b

He is a prominent and successful start up guy. And with my earlier post I am not crapping on SF, these are obvious complaints I and all of my friends have complained about for years.
The only point he has there is quality is lower.

He doesn't even live in the city, he lives in the outskirts. How can you tell? Almost all his points are about logistics. "muni, parking, nightlife logistics are too far past midnight"

Hell he even says the loin is really close by the other parts of the city (another logistical statement).

You can't pull in SF looking like him with a crap set up. No logistics... yeah you have no chance pulling at night.

All in I've said it before, the only reason to live in SF for a long time is to save loads of $$.

You're not going to pull in SF at night if you live 45 mins away and commute in. No shot. You're also not going to pull if you ride a bike.

If you own a car in SF you do not live in the center of the city and do not run night game. If you own a car, you have to do day game because you don't have logistics. Adapt or bitch and complain.

Also I don't understand how he's a successful start up guy? He got finding from Y combinator which usually equates to $25,000... They invested $1.4M last year into 70 companies so that's $20K...

Shit I can get more interest free "funding" from my credit card.

If he succeeds then his view of the city will change. He won't have logistics issues.

Basically if you're a young guy living in SF you're a fool if you're not stacking $$, that is what this city is for. There are more attractive girls worldwide, but you're here for a reason.
Public Transport- Its pretty good for America. BS argument

Weather- Ok, he got a fair point there. Its kind of muggy sometimes and bipolar when it comes to rain

Women- The white hippy feminist women are weird as hell. Avoid. Stick to the FOBs or 1st generation girls. I had a field-day swooping asian talent here and tourist visiting.

Cost of living- Yes. Its a major metropolitan city, dork.

Parking- Yes, its a bitch. The city is the size of a shoebox. Parking in manhattan is expensive too (same principle).

Start-up dudes- Duh, its next to silicon valley. Its like going to Washington DC and complaining about the government types that work there.

Nightlife- 2am is almost everywhere in the USA (except Las Vegas, NY or Miami)

Crime- I blame low-income housing and idiotic SF city policies. You put low-income, low-class people who have zero belongings next to the wealthy. WTF do you think is going to happen, you liberal f-cks.

Homeless- Liberal city, feeds the homeless. At the zoo, they have "Do not feed wild animals", how is this any different? Sad thing is the homeless can make between 50-100 dollars/day tax-free panhandling. Ridiciulous.

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude
The dude in the article is basically the exact guy he loathes when he goes out?

I started a random tech website please have sex with me. Then states he hates start up guys [Image: lol.gif]

SF is more about looking good, one night stands and hitting on Asian/white girls.

I've already stated a hundred times before that NYC is way easier, so no argument there. If you can't pull in NYC you're basically an aspie (hell his article proves it, he said NYC is just fine but then comes here and can't pull for shit!).

Here is the blueprint for SF pulling at night:
1. Dress sharp
2. Be in shape
3. Be within a 5 minute cab ride to your apartment
4. Don't own a car

If you can't afford the above, hang up the club shoes, put on a sharp outfit and day game.

Glad even this guy can pull in NYC goes to show there are no excuses out there.
He should travel to a place where asian guys have more exotic value.

As for last call, is anyone else just pissed off at america for having basically no nightlife?
Shit guys to turn this into a positive for all the Bay Area kids, here you guys go I *might* be here:

Sensation.com

Girls rolling on X all day. If you fail here, I dunno what to say.

Also per below, all the crime stuff is retarded. You're not going to get a needle in your eye.
San Fran does not have a high crime rate at all when compared to other cities. Its actually on the low side.

Wiki demographics:

"San Francisco has a low crime rate for a U.S. city of its size. In 2011, 50 murders were reported, which is 6.1 per 100,000 people.[197] There were about 134 rapes, 3,142 robberies, and about 2,139 assaults. There were about 4,469 burglaries, 25,100 thefts, and 4,210 motor vehicle thefts.[198] The Tenderloin area has the highest crime rate in San Francisco: 70% of the city's violent crimes, and around one-fourth of the city's murders, occur in this neighborhood."
If someone really likes San Francisco, the odds that they're a PC self righteous twat are very high.

It's not just SF, it's every city north of it too, Seattle and Portland. I was talking to a white girl from Seattle, she says she's not PC. I asked her when the last time she used the n-word was, and she immediately soured, as her friend was eating it up. These people sense that PC is not cool, at least in enemy territory like LA, outside their god forsaken liberal gulags. But they're still the same uptight pricks.
Quote: (08-16-2013 10:29 AM)Tenerife Wrote:  

As for last call, is anyone else just pissed off at California for having basically no nightlife?

Corrected.

There are still good places in America for nightlife outside of California.
@ basil, that's legitimate too.

Basically use SF for what it is. An ATM machine. Trying to go out clubbing when you have to take muni to the club is straight downs syndrome.
I lived in SF from 2010 to 2012. I will respond to all of the guy's points one by one.

1. Public Transportation
If you don’t agree with me that the SF MUNI is a pathetic excuse for a public transportation system, then I suggest you visit any of the following cities at your convenience and then proceed to get your head out of your ass: New York City, London, Paris, Tokyo, Taipei, Hong Kong, Seoul, and… actually you know what? Just goto any real city…

My response Bogus. SF has one of the best public transit systems in the country, from buses to cable cars/street cars, and underground MUNI trains. There's also BART that gets you out to the East Bay and the Peninsula. I'm not a huge fan of BART so if he griped about that I'd understand, but MUNI is definitely legit.

On top of all that, SF is relatively small (even smaller than DC), so you can bike and walk in most neighborhoods. Cab fares are also very reasonable and being in a small city means you won't be going on journey rides.

2. Parking
This is the bane of my existence these days. Hey San Francisco! If you’re going to have such an embarrassing excuse for a public transit system, at least build some fucking parking lots like Los Angeles.

Why the fuck would I want to go anywhere if I have to choose between spending an hour on a bus where homeless people publicly defecate or an equally enraging hour of circling the same 4 street blocks trying to find parking on a 45 degree hill.

My response Not even necessary when you don't really need to drive. It only helps to have a car if you're going to explore the greater Bay Area. For that, you can just use Zipcar which has pretty nice selection in SF, from Beamers to Mini Coopers, etc.

3. Weather
I hate how I can’t tell the difference between August and February. I hate how I have to turn on the heater in the middle of summer. I hate having to always carry a jacket because of the 20 degree swings between day and night.

My response Now this is straight bullshit. Coming from the East Coast, I love SF weather. In fact, I'd say it's even ideal. I love being able to wear a jacket and fall clothing most of the year. That's my favorite type of look anyway. Also, I played outdoor soccer year round and never was a game cancelled due to weather. I'll admit that in August SF is ridiculously chilly and you do need to don a sweater, but I'd take that any day over a humid and sticky DC summer. Real talk.

4. Start Up Guys
I’ve got some advice for you: It’s cool that you have a very fulfilling job and love what you do, really bro, I mean it. But please try and talk about something other than what’s on TechCrunch when in a social situation. There is more to life than who raised money from who and which startup got acquired by Google.

My response Yeah there's a big startup scene but these are guys who made their money saying F U to the man. My boy who moved to SF from DC made his first million before the age of 30 just recently by selling his mobile app startup to a Japanese conglomerate. He would rock jeans and a tee to work while riding a longboard or bike. Can't be mad at that. SF has a niche of just about every subculture you'll find in the country so if you want to network with finance guys with a capitalist mentality, there's definitely that too. I actually worked in the FiDi.

5. 49ers

My response I agree the average girl isn't anything to write home about, but they are usually friendly and laid back unlike these dildo-rocking beasts in DC. Attitudes can't even compare.

6. Homeless People
San Francisco has some of the craziest homeless people I have ever seen in my life. Stop giving them money, you know they just buy alcohol and drugs with it right? Next time just hand them a handle of vodka and a pack of cigarettes, it’ll save everyone some trouble. I’m seriously tempted to start fucking with people and pay for homeless guys to ride the Powell street cable cars in the middle of the day, that ought to get the city’s attention.
My response Now this is true. SF has a serious homeless problem. I've seen some straight up characters in the Turk street area of the Tenderloin. Truly wild shit. Never before have I been to a city where spotting human feces is as common as dog shit. But on the other hand, these guys are harmless and most of them are clever enough to come to SF because they know it's one of the only - if not the only - cities in America where there is a church (St. Luke's I believe) that provides three warm meals a day pro bono. I doubt there's another city with as many social services catered to the homeless.

7. Crime
The difference between crime in SF versus crime in NYC is that the areas in which it happens are in much closer proximity to where normal upstanding citizens frequently travel. Imagine taking The Bronx and just having it take a shit in the middle of Manhattan, that’s kinda what the Tenderloin is like all the time.

My response BS. I've been in all SF neighborhoods (minus the Castro) at all times of night. Never once was I worried about safety. Now Oakland is another story...

8. Nightlife (or lack thereof)
Nowadays I don’t even want to go out because getting kicked out of a bar/club at 2AM, which usually is the peak of the night, is just depressing. Pair that shit sandwich with public transit being non-existent past midnight and it is impossible to get home safely, especially if you live far from downtown.

My response I can agree with that, but that's not an SF problem, that's a statewide CA problem. That last call policy has cockblocked me too many times to count. On the other hand, restos stay open relatively late. So run day game and hit venues early and get numbers and then take it from there. Any top tier playboy needs a repertoire of skill sets anyway.

9. Cost of Living
Don’t get me wrong, it is equally if not more expensive to live in Manhattan, but the issue is “bang for your buck.” In NYC I can justify paying 80% of my salary for a decent apartment in a safe and convenient neighborhood. In SF, I have to pay 80% of my salary to live down the street from crackheads and meth addicts while having the closest drug store being so far away that I’d probably bleed to death before I managed to buy a band-aid in time.

My response He's lying. Tenderloin (where crackheads are) prices aren't through the roof. In many areas of the city, you get what you pay for in terms of quality of life, nature, epic scenery, and a more slow pace of life. SF is one of the most beautiful cities in the world.

10. Bicyclists
Stop being fucking hypocrites. If you want to share the road, then you need to respect the rules of the road and stop running stop signs and lights. Next time I see one of you fuckers bomb through a crosswalk and almost mow down a row of pedestrians I’m going to clothesline you.

My response I've never even noticed bicyclists but SF is most definitely a bicycle-friendly city. Don't hate.
Quote: (08-16-2013 10:48 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

As for last call, is anyone else just pissed off at California for having basically no nightlife?

Corrected.

Well c'mon. It's not just California, it's MOST of the country. Sure, New Orleans, New York, Central Miami, Vegas and apparently Memphis are 4am or later last call. But everywhere else sucks.
Quote: (08-16-2013 10:59 AM)Tenerife Wrote:  

Quote: (08-16-2013 10:48 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Corrected.

Well c'mon. It's not just California, it's MOST of the country. Sure, New Orleans, New York, Central Miami, Vegas and apparently Memphis are 4am or later last call. But everywhere else sucks.

True.

My view is skewed since I spend all of my time in America in the good cities for nightlife.

You can add Chicago to the list as well.
That was some delicious hate. 49'ers is definitely stolen.

I've spent significant time in San Francisco. Its overratedness, condescending, self important residents, and obnoxious "politics" make it one of the places I love to hate on the most. It's neck and neck with New York, which I'm capable of talking shit about in my sleep. I'm such an SF hater, that I keep a few pre-written pieces of hate (mostly stuff I've culled off the Internet) to throw at my friends from the so-called "Yay Area." [Image: lol.gif]

They know better than repeat the platitudes that their city is somehow world-class or just "beautiful" with the expectation of not getting challenged around me anymore. I'm a better city troll IRL than on the Internet.

Some samples:

SF is by far the most overrated city in America. It's nice from far away and for a short visit, but when the facade crumbles and the reality sinks in, you see a hypocritical, delusional, parochial town with rude, superficial residents and terrible, annoying weather. There's also the legions of disgusting homeless people, filthy streets, horrible public transportation, a skyrocketing crime rate, and the sad draining of diversity. SF for some reason likes to ignore its ugly problems but is quick to point out those in others to make itself feel better, which says more about itself than it does about any place else. For all their faults, LA and NY at least have real dynamism, diversity, culture, and entertainment for everyone. Get past the stereotypes and do some of your own research people. As much as it wants to, SF can never compare and will never be as great.

SF is the city for which the neutron bomb was invented: eradicate the smug cretins currently there, but leave the city intact for a better quality of people.

If that can't be done, better the Big One should dump the city into the Pacific.

Never have I seen a more contemptible bunch of fuckheads and shit-eating morons than the "people" of SF. Certified card-carrying assholes, the lot of them.

No scenic beauty is worth putting up with these dildos.

In San Francisco, I had never before seen so many stuck-up, pc know-it-alls. And the way they act if you disagree you'd think they were six year olds have a tantrum in a toy store over not getting their way.

I concur! I have lived all over the U.S. and have found the SF area to be repressive instead of progressive. People are so concerned with being PC that they forget to think about simple things like being considerate and kind to others. If you don't "toe the line", you are greeted with hard stares or incredulous laughs (if you are lucky). There is no tolerance for having a different viewpoint or background. Having moved here about a year ago, I have found the best way to fit in is to keep to myself and not to talk to strangers unless absolutely necessary. If I do make the mistake of trying to talk with someone I don't know, it takes a few days to get over the "cold shoulder" that I invariably get just from an attempt to say hello to someone standing a few feet away from me. Pretty open minded way to live, isn't it?

The Bay Area as a whole is very insular and provincial, not to mention boring, especially if you come from larger urban areas like me. It just seems so washed out to me. But if I HAD to choose a place to live, it would be the East Bay. It's not perfect by any means but it does have a clearer perspective about SF's faults and it knows where it stands more or less. It also doesn't suffer as much from SF's nasty weather such as the depressing, unrelenting windy fog. People need the sun thanks, and isn't this supposed to be California still? I think it's more like Southern Oregon at times to be honest. San Francisco in particular just houses a sea of idiotic, ugly liars that for some ridiculous reason think they live in the best place on earth. (Maybe it's the drugs?) Most somehow seem to ignore what others have already touched upon before me and I'll repeat because they're true- that the city is insanely dirty, crime is out of control, the public transportation system, police dept, city government, and public school district is each a mess, and the city's diversity and culture are rapidly plummeting as exorbitant housing costs have run middle-class families out. I also agree that there's no economic diversity either, let alone any diversity of thought. If you don't 1000% agree with the freaks or form part of the stale clique, you'll be vilified. So much for tolerance.

The homeless population and amounts of those who are mentally ill really are incredible for such a tiny city that doesn't even have 1 million people! You'll see hoards of the poor, mangled things passed out or begging everywhere, even in some of the wealthier neighborhoods but definitely in and around the Tenderloin and SOMA areas near downtown. Progressive my ass. I'm embarrassed when I see the tourists' shocked faces.

The city also lacks true kinesis and the raw numbers and industries that amount to the exciting multicultural pulse of a true metropolis like NY or LA. SF likes to erroneously place itself at a level that it definitely doesn't belong to, and to this day, it still tries to milk whatever 10 minutes of recognition it had back in the 60's. What I can't stand the most though is the mounds of trash and stains of human feces, vomit, and urine that I have to traverse on a daily basis with people STILL saying that this is paradise. I've lived in filthy, grimy NY, smoggy LA, and the violent South Side of Chicago and I've never seen a city in such a horrible state. The bay, hills, and Victorians no longer offset the pressing social ills that are afflicting this place like the plague.

No city is perfect, but in other places, problems are put into perspective and get addressed. This city is too busy patting itself on the back for nothing. I had always heard good things about the city, but I was able to see past the hype and living here has been such a huge disappointment. I'm SO happy to be leaving the area all together in 4 months and there's no way I'd return. San Francisco desperately needs a good look in the mirror because if there's a hell on earth people, this is it.

[Image: laugh2.gif]

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter
I was sitting on top of a cliff with some surfer dudes in Carmel Highlands (south of SF an hour or so) with a slight 1/4 hit acid/beer.weed buzz turning on and the subject got on to girls. This dude was going on about some dates and I stopped him and asked "did you fuck her or not??"

He said so offended.." "I don't fuck girls I make love"

I said shut the fuck up you idiot before I throw you off this cliff.

Living anywhere up that way is hard. I went through this shit everyday out there it seems I don't miss it
For most cities, if you hate on them, at most, people who love that city will disagree and tell you to fuck off, that they don't care about your opinion and love their city despite all its flaws. For a few cities, though, the city's boosters will be deeply offended; they are genuinely saddened that there could be someone so short-sighted could exist, that someone would have the temerity to have a difference in taste and not recognize the obvious supremacy of their city. These people are huge twats, and invariably populate cities like Toronto and SF.

While most big cities in America are overly in thrall to criminals and the homeless, while being inhospitable to families and the middle class, SF outclasses them all.
Quote: (08-16-2013 11:46 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

I was sitting on top of a cliff with some surfer dudes in Carmel Highlands (south of SF an hour or so) with a slight 1/4 hit acid/beer.weed buzz turning on and the subject got on to girls. This dude was going on about some dates and I stopped him and asked "did you fuck her or not??"

He said so offended.." "I don't fuck girls I make love"

I said shut the fuck up you idiot before I throw you off this cliff.

Living anywhere up that way is hard. I went through this shit everyday out there it seems I don't miss it

Clint Eastwood was mayor in those parts, might have been one of his daughters.
I like san fran because its unique, but its horrible for game and it has a homeless problem...good for a 3 day vacation
I didn't read the article. I avoid complainers and instead study guys who get results.

Online complainers are almost always beta.

Improve your game + fix your logistics, or try another city.

Blaming others and avoiding personal responsibility is what pussies do.

There are many cities in the world. I hope this guy finds his pussy paradise.
And who can forget South Park's classic SF episode. "I swore I would never set foot in San Francisco. God help me." –Eric Cartman

But overall I agree with Gio. Whining won't do this guy any good, in fact it'll outcast him even more and make him even more resentful.