rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Fisto Invades Western Europe (Starting in BCN)

Gentlemen,

I am leaving for Barcelona in about 3 weeks time. I don't have a date set but since I am still the registered companion of a girl that works for the airline, I have the flexibility to leave on a short notice.

I will be buying a 1st class ticket from Las Vegas to BCN for 424 dollars and change.

I flew back from Manila on a 1st class ticket and I didn't want the flight to end. It was that great.

Unlike my trip to the Dominican Republic

Where I was only there in the Dominican for 2 weeks, I'll be in BCN for at least 4 months.

The bad news, is that I won't have the cash flow I had during my trip to SEA. Which was modest to begin with.

Cash Flow and Accommodations
I will have about 1300 a month in passive income and I will be working for a friends firm (as of now I prefer to keep that part quiet) and staying in his place rent free nearby the coast in Premia De Mar (outside of the city by about 20 mins I'm told) The condo is supposed to be 5 minutes walking distance to the beach and I've seen photos of the place and it is really, really, nice.

Since I'll be working a lot to pay back my father almost 28k, I won't be going out as often which means I'll be relying on daygame and online game more than usual.

Things working against me:

My Spanish hasn't improved since my DR trip, however I have been going to Chipotle a lot since I've been back and trying to order in Spanish as much as possible.

Money: As I said, In Europe starting out, I'll be more broke than Beyond Borders is after 3 weeks of not working.

Goals:

This is about paying my dad back and hopefully making some excess money, my friend feels confident I can get that done.

As far as women, I am wanting to bang the 7s and up as usual.

I am also planning to take little missions into the rest of Europe to acquire other flags.

I am planning to hit daygame hard during my free time.

Questions:

What is the best online dating sites for Spain and Barcelona?

My friend is pretty dialed in but he's also been out of the Game for a bit, what are some good places to go?

Any other useful suggestions would be much appreciated.

As usual, I'll be posting my experiences on the ground, here and at SwoopTheWorld.com

Thanks in advance to the RVF Brotherhood.

Congrats, can't wait to hear about the shenanigans. Barcelona is a fun place, good food, good nightlife from what I remember. If you can, try to make it out east further one or two weekends too.

Quote: (08-14-2013 03:05 AM)slubu Wrote:  

Congrats, can't wait to hear about the shenanigans. Barcelona is a fun place, good food, good nightlife from what I remember. If you can, try to make it out east further one or two weekends too.

I absolutely plan to. My understanding is that Barca bitches are hard to game and not as hot as other girls around the rest of Spain.

Quote: (08-14-2013 02:56 AM)Fisto Wrote:  

What is the best online dating sites for Spain and Barcelona?

Welcome to Spain Fisto,

For dating sites you have: Tinder and Okcupid although it's mainly for english speaking girls (Tinder is not so popular in Spain, I mainly see tourists visiting Madrid for a few days). Okcupid has more talent in BCN than in Madrid so lucky you.
For Spanish girls: Blendr (Badoo), POF, Twoo
Then meetic and match.com but it's not free.

I've been in Barcelona 3 times, all during the summer and was surprised to see that I haven’t actually written a data sheet on the place.

I'm going to have to collect my writings on the place when I get home to a computer.

I haven't been to Barcelona since I was in my teens, but it would be useful to get an idea of the receptiveness of girls to Spanish (Castellano) versus Catalan.

Could anyone comment on this?

All I know is that they're very proud of their Catalunian culture/history, which could translate into slight overall negativity towards Castellano.

RVF Fearless Coindogger Crew

Quote: (08-14-2013 04:16 AM)thebassist Wrote:  

I haven't been to Barcelona since I was in my teens, but it would be useful to get an idea of the receptiveness of girls to Spanish (Castellano) versus Catalan.

Could anyone comment on this?

All I know is that they're very proud of their Catalunian culture/history, which could translate into slight overall negativity towards Castellano.

The rivalry between Spain and Catalonia runs deep. Madrid is seen as the home of Spanish imperialism for many Catalans and was where fascism under Franco started.

It's a clash of political ideologies. This is reflected in the rivalry between Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Every girl you speak to in Barcelona who is from there will be bilingual. They speak Spanish (Castellano) and Catalan. You won't get negative reactions by speaking in Spanish. However if you know a word or two in Catalan this can be a bonus!

Many Catalans consider themselves first and foremost Catalan, secondly Spanish. Some couldn't give two shits. But a lot of them are fiercely proud of their language and culture and want to have a referendum on independence from Spain.

However I think the negativity of people in Barcelona towards speaking Spanish is overplayed. If you go around speaking Spanish you'll be just fine.

Quote: (08-14-2013 03:29 AM)Fisto Wrote:  

My understanding is that Barca bitches are hard to game and not as hot as other girls around the rest of Spain.

In my experience I agree that they are harder to game than other Spanish women. Girls from Madrid and especially the south of Spain are a lot more open, warm and friendly. I find Catalan women to be a little bit colder and take longer to warm up. I think some of it is part cultural and part living in such a touristic city.

I think venues selection plays a large part in Catalan girls receptiveness to you. I'm sure G will chime in on this.

Although there are some stunning girls from Barcelona so I don't agree with them not being as hot. I love the tan Mediterranean look or tanned look with dark blonde hair, you get that a lot too.

Fisto, if you want to fuck some British slags, just pop along to Lloret del Mar. It's like Blackpool on the Med. [Image: smile.gif] Torre del Mar right next to it is far more Spanish and quite pleasant.

Speaking Spanish wasn't a problem for me when in BCN, but I must say the Catalans are a bit up their own arses about their 'unique' culture.

Backpacker budget stories usually aren't too exciting. I met enough Spanish girls in London to know they were a pain in the arse. Enough to stop me from going there. It's a place I've designated to pack the pussy. Like Italy.

Quote: (08-14-2013 08:27 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Backpacker budget stories usually aren't too exciting. I met enough Spanish girls in London to know they were a pain in the arse. Enough to stop me from going there. It's a place I've designated to pack the pussy. Like Italy.
You need advanced game for these places not just show up and drink/wait game.

edit

edit

Quote: (08-14-2013 08:36 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Quote: (08-14-2013 08:27 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

You need advanced game for these places not just show up and drink/wait game.

The only thing advanced in W. Europe is how fast the dollar disappears. You get crushed just on the exchange rate. I go there to optimize pussy flow and work harder. All about the ROI. Plus Fisto is going out of season, so there won't be throngs of touristy bishes crawling the beaches. I can see many Rynair flights in his future.

Ali has the right of it, now is not really the best time to go. The Med is slowing down significantly after Aug.

@Fisto since you are living a bit outside the city you might want to figure out how to rent/lease a motorbike. Last time I was there in January for a week I rented a motorbike and thought it was a great way to explore the city. It is really a pretty easy city to ride in. Traffic is really not that bad in Barcelona.

I foresee a W. European meltdown of epic proportions.

Fisto - Barcelona is probably my favorite all-around city that I've been to.

As for intel, this data sheet is the best one I've ever seen written anywhere about nightlife.

Your budget of $1300/month might be problematic. Try to cook your meals as much as possible. Western Europe is one of the worst places in the world to travel on limited means. I think it's actually good you're a little ways outside of the city so you won't be distracted by things that will require you to spend more money than you otherwise should. You can focus on work and then connect to the parts of the city you need to hit when you're ready to pick up. Transportation in the area is actually quite good.

If you're like me, then you care more about the quality of the girl and ease than you are about whether you happen to capture a flag. The good thing about BCN is that it attracts visitors from all over the world so there's most definitely many fly girls from all over the world.

I never actively sought out Catalan chicks with the relatively limited time I spent in Barcelona but I would just fearlessly approach and get a conversation flowing with a good ramble in English. Make them laugh and loosen them up. The few that I interacted with came off as a bit uptight and cautious.

Enjoy!

Reaching out to my friends living in madrid and a friend who just moved away. Probably the most fun city in Europe after Madrid. See if you can make it out to closing weekend in Ibiza, if you do PM me so I can pass you my connections. In general would steer a bit clear of the catalanas ie local girls they are hot but timewasters, not as bad as their neighbours (italoa) but not far behind. Don't see the tourist girls from in or outside Spain being any match for you. About to head into Prive, greetings from the other side.

Quote:Quote:

I will have about 1300 a month in passive income and I will be working for a friends firm (as of now I prefer to keep that part quiet) and staying in his place rent free nearby the coast in Premia De Mar (outside of the city by about 20 mins I'm told) The condo is supposed to be 5 minutes walking distance to the beach and I've seen photos of the place and it is really, really, nice.

My friends that are from Barcelona have pretty much lived on €1300-2000 for years now. They do ok, actually decent by Barcelona standards. Rent free is pretty key here, as most of these guys also live in inherited flats. You will be on par with the middle- upper class 25-35yo crowd regarding income.

But you will have to be wise.

Being as far as you are out of the city will help the funds somewhat, but if you are hopping a train a couple times a day, it will add up. Its too far for a taxi too often on your budget.

Learn to cook amazing Catalan food, have some parties at home, drink some Estrellas in the Placa Catalunya during the day or hit up the little squares (sol and such) in Gracia. You can get good sangria for a couple euros.

Night time in olympio is Vegas prices for drinks. Same with the high end places in Gracia. Beer is a little cheaper, but not much. Save the nights out for special events.

I will be interested to hear what the north of Barcelona is like. Too bad the airport is on the other side of the city from you! Also places like Sitges are good to catch some Catalans getting out of the city for the day. They love that place (also a decent high end expat community, although a little gay)

Gonna be awesome!

Going to Barcelona with my current squeeze next month as well - arriving 9/12>leaving for the Pryenees & Costa Brava on 9/16 and the back to Barcelona on 9/21-9/23. If you want to get together for drinks (my treat since you are on a budget) hit me up!

Is that 1300 a month in Euros or 1300 a month in american dollars?

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

Quote: (08-14-2013 11:50 AM)CThunder86 Wrote:  

Is that 1300 a month in Euros or 1300 a month in american dollars?

I think the latter, so about €1000.

And there is an airport on the northern side - Girona. I flew there once with Ryanair - there was a direct coach into BCN centre. Cheapest flight I ever got - £1 total including taxes - special promotion to celebrate the centenary of aviation, so back in 2003.

This is awesome feedback.

Julio - Do you recommend OKcupid then?

ChrisGambi- I really want to check out Madrid.

HC- Thanks partner, you always come through.

StudabacherHoch - Keep me posted!

AA - Gonna try and steer clear of British slags but if a particularly less fat one with passable teeth were to fall into my midst...who knows? Kidding, I know there are some stunners

Dk902, Laner, and TomHagen - That's really useful info, thanks.

Alli - Go fuck yourself

Will do, Fisto! I also just set up an "introduction" (like a referral - how it works in BCN) for one of the Barcelona cannabis clubs, so I will be packin' some kine bud as well...good times!

I'm extremely curious as to how this will play out. Fisto I've already told you my limited take on bcn...

definitely cook for yourself. Tapas get old, quick. Bcn has some of the best markets I've seen anywhere in Europe, the Mercado Santa Caterina has hands-down the best seafood I've ever seen in my life. 8 Seafood vendors, all next to each other, selling gorgeous merluza, squid, shrimp, etc. Find a local honey and tell her to come over to teach you how to cook local cuisine.

I know you have no problems approaching, but to echo the others I think you'll have a much easier time with Spanish girls and tourists than the Catalan girls.

And as always, pics [Image: biggrin.gif]

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK