rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Project Getaway in Bali

Project Getaway in Bali

Just came across this amazing project.

http://projectgetaway.net/About

Look at the pictures of the facility, and note the price of "900 USD per month.
This includes everything. (Luxurious house, food, maid, equip., internet etc.)"

These guys are living with other location-independent entrepreneurs and living up the geo-arbitrage lifestyle-- IN STYLE!! They call it the Project Hollywood for lifestyle designers.

Project Getaway in Bali

We should do this in Bangkok.

Project Getaway in Bali

Funny, I am in Bali now

Checked out the website and it looks like there are no places left so I can't "pop by" and check it out and say hi.

Project Getaway in Bali

Lumiere,

How is Bali compared to other places in SE Asia?

Project Getaway in Bali

I'm going to be in Bali for three weeks starting at the end of October. I'd totally do something like this.

The girl staying there is actually kinda cute. I imagine some hilariousness will happen when half the guys get drunk and try to gangbang her.

Project Getaway in Bali

Totally depends on where you go. Click on the links below for more details but my rundown is :

Kuta = beach and party town but full of drunk Australians. gets messy and is pretty chaotic. not a place to come and relax. Just a place for beach, surf and party. This is also where the Bali bombings of 2002 and 2005 took place.

Ubud = beautiful cultural and artistic capital (that's where I am right now). Stunning virgin forests, temples, rice paddies, so many amazing restaurants, amazing food, forest full of macaque monkeys. super relaxing, tons of spas and relaxation centres, tons of art galleys and workshops, some bars with live blues, jazz etc but definitely NOT a party town and is nowhere near a beach.

Nusa Dua = 5 star resort scene. More corporate feeling kind place. Luxury but not the real bali. Perhaps suitable for kids with families and / or honeymoon couples. No real nightlife.

Seminyak = This is the place where project Getaway is. It's a little north of Kuta. Far away enough to escape a lot of the noise and chaos. Good restaurants. Quieter.

North Coast = Black sand volcanic rock beaches. Totally tranquil. You will be the only westerner there.

Project Getaway in Bali

Ubud is probably the most amazing place I've ever visited.

Project Getaway in Bali

Turns out they are having a launch cocktail party at the mansion on Saturday :

http://www.projectgetaway.net/temp/Priva...liBali.pdf

I shall be going.

Project Getaway in Bali

Project Getaway Trailer here :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMuswKjbYJA

Looks damn cool.

Join their facebook group too :

http://www.facebook.com/caritomera?ref=t...795?ref=ts

Project Getaway in Bali

Quote: (09-30-2010 12:36 AM)Lumiere Wrote:  

Turns out they are having a launch cocktail party at the mansion on Saturday :

http://www.projectgetaway.net/temp/Priva...liBali.pdf

I shall be going.

Cool! I'm looking forward to hearing about the place and the project.

Project Getaway in Bali

Who else here is going to be in SE Asia around Feb/March of 2011?

Project Getaway in Bali

So I went to the cocktail party at the mansion last night.

Cool bunch of guys.

This is the first of, hopefully many, project getaways.

This idea is great, basically they are putting together mastermind groups of entrepreneurs, techies, marketing people and legal people together each with their own projects and ideas and having them spark off each other.

All set in pimp pads that you could only dream of living in. This is the place where the party was last night :

[Image: phoca_thumb_l_living%20room.jpg]

[Image: phoca_thumb_l_master%20bathroom.jpg]

[Image: phoca_thumb_l_exterior%20at%20sunset.jpg]

[Image: phoca_thumb_l_alternative%20view%20of%20...0space.jpg]

They even have sponsors so the cost of living is about $900 per month even though they have staff running everything for them.

Guys. This is THE lifestyle of the future.

They have 3 guys there filming it for a documentary that is going up on youtube but I am sure it will be picked up from there and receive a lot of interest.

This is the first one they have done and this is the first week of it so it was great to see it right at the very inception.

If you want to get involved, they are interested in scouting locations for the next project getaway.

Locations on the map right now are places like Thailand, Philippines and Brazil.

Who is in?

Project Getaway in Bali

This project is really interesting to me because I spent a lot of time thinking up a similar idea. The main difference being that my ideal "project getaway" would be more focused on girls, as opposed to being productive entrepreneurs. Still, I would definitely spend 6 weeks at a villa like this with interesting guys. Plus I have a feeling they wouldnt mind having hot girls hanging around all the time. [Image: banana.gif]

I'm in!

Project Getaway in Bali

Ged,
Thanks a lot for posting and sharing this. It is exactly the type of thing I am looking to get into, to be around like minded successfull young entrepreneurs. I am definitely in as well.
Lumiere,
thanks for posting the pics of the place, looks like a dope place to be.

Project Getaway in Bali

Place was siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick

Project Getaway in Bali

Quote: (10-03-2010 12:11 AM)Lumiere Wrote:  

Place was siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick

Did you see the bedrooms? How many are there? Is the staff live-in?

Project Getaway in Bali

Quote: (10-03-2010 12:05 AM)gringoed Wrote:  

This project is really interesting to me because I spent a lot of time thinking up a similar idea. The main difference being that my ideal "project getaway" would be more focused on girls, as opposed to being productive entrepreneurs. Still, I would definitely spend 6 weeks at a villa like this with interesting guys. Plus I have a feeling they wouldnt mind having hot girls hanging around all the time. [Image: banana.gif]

I'm in!

Well the emphasis seems to be on lifestyle and being productive. Obviously to live well you need to have your incomes streams down pat.

Yes I am sure they wouldn't mind having hot girls hanging around all the time either [Image: banana.gif]

Project Getaway in Bali

Quote: (10-03-2010 12:13 AM)gringoed Wrote:  

you see the bedrooms? How many are there?

Nope, don't know.

Quote: (10-03-2010 12:13 AM)gringoed Wrote:  

Is the staff live-in?

Not sure but they are on call 24/7 I think.

Project Getaway in Bali

Lumiere,
How many people were there during the party that were taking part of this first project group? Did you get feedback from them on how this is working towards making their biz better/more productive?
Btw, just applied to their next Project. I really want to be part of it.

Project Getaway in Bali

Quote: (10-03-2010 12:32 AM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

Lumiere,
How many people were there during the party that were taking part of this first project group? Did you get feedback from them on how this is working towards making their biz better/more productive?

There were about 15-18 people there.

This is the first week of the first project getaway so I would guess its a little hard to quantify at this early a stage things like better/more productive business.

The rapid increase in sick lifestyle is clear however and it's also clear that being surrounded by creative, like minded people you can bounce ideas off is great.

Project Getaway in Bali

Quote: (10-03-2010 12:39 AM)Lumiere Wrote:  

Quote: (10-03-2010 12:32 AM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

Lumiere,

There were about 15-18 people there.

This is the first week of the first project getaway so I would guess its a little hard to quantify at this early a stage things like better/more productive business.

The rapid increase in sick lifestyle is clear however and it's also clear that being surrounded by creative, like minded people you can bounce ideas off is great.

The part in bold is for me, at least, the main attraction of such a gig. The awesome lifestyle is the icing on the cake IMO.

Did they say when and where would the 2nd group be held? I'll be following this very closely for sure.

Project Getaway in Bali

I don't think the location of the 2nd one is set.

Last night Brazil, Philippines and Thailand were mentioned as possibilities however.

Project Getaway in Bali

Sweet as I'll be in Thailand from end of October to mid Feb 2011, then in Brasil from end of Feb to April 2011. [Image: banana.gif]

Btw, are you still on your round the world trip or is that over and you are spending time in Asia?

Project Getaway in Bali

Am still on the trip.

1 year and 2 months into it so far.

Try scouting some locations when you are in those places.

Project Getaway in Bali

Totally in. Sounds very cool.