rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Are Blacks Safe Traveling in Mexico?

New to the forum but I can already see there's a lot of useful knowledge here!
I'm curious about traveling to Mexico, especially after reading about Monterrey from another member! Lol. However, I'm curious to know how safe traveling in Mexico would be for African Americans, especially those of us who know about 8 words of Spanish only! Lol. And, since one of my main reasons for traveling to Mexico would be for the women, I'm also curious about how the local Latino men would feel about my entertaining their women? I know in the Los Angeles area where I grew up, Latin guys from certain areas frown upon it, but I'm wondering if that's because of the gang connections many of these haters have? Additionally, because of the violence going on in Mexico lately, I'm wondering how safe in general Americans are traveling there? Lastly, I can't remember the posters name but I'd really like an in depth review of your time in Monterrey! Also, do you are anyone of the other members know anything about African-American treatment in Guadalajara, Mexico? Sounds like a fun, party town, but I still want to go someplace where I might get a bit of the rock star treatment! Lol. Thanks for your help.

I went down to Mexico with a couple Latinas a few years ago. I did see a lot of Mexican guys rubber-necking, but there was no hostility or words. One guy joked and said, "are these your wives??" but that's the most anyone said. Just seemed like a combination of curiosity and jealousy. But no aggression was behind it. Another thing is that these were sort of white-skinned Latinas that the Mexican guys value the most, so if they were the darker more indigenous ones, I don't know if the reaction would have been the same. But whatever, nothing worth worrying about in my opinion.

You still live in L.A.? If you ever want to wing sometime locally, PM me. I love the Latin women too.

Quote: (09-26-2010 03:58 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

I went down to Mexico with a couple Latinas a few years ago. I did see a lot of Mexican guys rubber-necking, but there was no hostility or words. One guy joked and said, "are these your wives??" but that's the most anyone said. Just seemed like a combination of curiosity and jealousy. But no aggression was behind it. Another thing is that these were sort of white-skinned Latinas that the Mexican guys value the most, so if they were the darker more indigenous ones, I don't know if the reaction would have been the same. But whatever, nothing worth worrying about in my opinion.

You still live in L.A.? If you ever want to wing sometime locally, PM me. I love the Latin women too.

I'm actually living in the Bay Area now. (Marin County) Mostly wealthier white women out here. (Not a bad thing!) Still, I do have a thing for the Latinas.
So, the Latinas you were with, did you meet them there or did they come with you? What city in Mexico were you in? By the way, regardless of where I live, I'd still be down to have a wingman!
Anyone have the story on Guadalajara or Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo, Mexico and how americans in general and brothas in particular get along there? I hate to make this racial, but I think the difference in treatment in a particular area based on race is to drastic to ignore.

I'm a white guy, I studied in México last fall for 5 months. I rarely saw any black people, probably less than 20 in 5 months and I visited alot of different cities (oaxaca, puebla, DF, tepoztlan, cuernavaca).

Mexicans are very racist in general, especially against natives, but also against blacks, jews and arabs as well, but mostly in a mutter-it-under-your-breath kinda way.

As far as being American, it's 100% a plus in México, some people politically dislike the U.S. government but that doesn't filter down to the personal level for the general population.

But it's a great country and the girls are smoking. Seriously killer. If you get a chance check out Cuernavaca in the state of Morelos. Sign up for like a week-long Spanish course at some university and prepare for your jaw to hit the floor.

[quote='Sonsowey' pid='28078' dateline='1285552300']
I'm a white guy, I studied in México last fall for 5 months. I rarely saw any black people, probably less than 20 in 5 months and I visited alot of different cities (oaxaca, puebla, DF, tepoztlan, cuernavaca).

Mexicans are very racist in general, especially against natives, but also against blacks, jews and arabs as well, but mostly in a mutter-it-under-your-breath kinda way.

As far as being American, it's 100% a plus in México, some people politically dislike the U.S. government but that doesn't filter down to the personal level for the general population.

But it's a great country and the girls are smoking. Seriously killer. If you get a chance, visit Cuernavaca in the state of Morelos, about an hour south of México City.

I studied at this university, and the girls are just unbelievably hot: http://www.uninter.edu.mx/

You can sign up for week-long programs to study Spanish (great in and of itself). But the best thing is, the campus is very small and every hour there's a 10 minute break where people get coffee, smoke and just chat, so you have the perfect opportunity to socialize, meet people, get some numbers etc.

And your Spanish will improve alot too...

Quote: (09-26-2010 08:51 PM)Sonsowey Wrote:  

But it's a great country and the girls are smoking. Seriously killer. If you get a chance check out Cuernavaca in the state of Morelos. Sign up for like a week-long Spanish course at some university and prepare for your jaw to hit the floor.

I never had any problems but that was Cancun and that doesn't count...but yeah quiet as kept Mexico has a black population that they treat like shit..still I wouldn't let it impact my decision unless it's Russia or Germany....

Quote: (09-26-2010 05:17 PM)Urban Renaissance Man Wrote:  

Quote: (09-26-2010 03:58 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

I'm actually living in the Bay Area now. (Marin County) Mostly wealthier white women out here. (Not a bad thing!) Still, I do have a thing for the Latinas.
So, the Latinas you were with, did you meet them there or did they come with you? What city in Mexico were you in? By the way, regardless of where I live, I'd still be down to have a wingman!
Anyone have the story on Guadalajara or Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo, Mexico and how americans in general and brothas in particular get along there? I hate to make this racial, but I think the difference in treatment in a particular area based on race is to drastic to ignore.

We were in Puerto Vallarta. These were a couple girls I know already, they already planned on going and and asked if I wanted to go and I had some free time and we found cheap last minute flights so it just fell into place.

I'd like to check out Monterrey some time from the reports I heard in this forum. So if you need a travel buddy to head down there, you can check up with me. I just may be down if I'm freed up.

Honestly, I doubt Guadalajara would be any big problem. I really want to go there myself. Biggest problem for you will be not speaking any Spanish. How are you going to hit up Mexican girls without knowing the language? Outside the tourism industry, English isn't spoken much.

Quote: (09-26-2010 10:01 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Biggest problem for you will be not speaking any Spanish. How are you going to hit up Mexican girls without knowing the language? Outside the tourism industry, English isn't spoken much.

This is where the idea of signing up for a week of Spanish isntruction at a University comes into play. Plenty of University students study English on its own or as a corollary to international business, international relations, tourism etc.

Quote: (09-26-2010 08:51 PM)Sonsowey Wrote:  

I have noticed that mexicans tend to be quite racist. especially here in california. i used to consider that quite odd since they aren't considered by whites to be much higher on the totem poles than blacks. Now i realize it's just the human condition. anyway I notice of lot of people talk about Russia and Germany in relation to black men being successful. I've been to germany though i'll admit i took sand to the beach. Still i did notice girls coming on to me overly much. Anyway i'm really looking to enjoy mexico i'm hoping things are as good as they sound here on this message board!

I don't think men in any country like foreigners that come to bang the local women. Just human nature. But I wouldn't let that stop you from going somewhere unless there are threats of actual violence. The only place where that is a significant possibility now is Russia.

URM, When are you planning on going to Mejico and how long are you staying? I have had the experience of tasting sweet Mexican nectar and it was quite an experience. She was more on the indigenous side face and skin color wise but she had a Black girl's body. She was from the Yucatan peninsula where I once read there was a lot of mixing between Indians and Black slaves. So, don't believe the hype that the only good looking Mexicans are the ones who are predominantly White like telenovelas actresses. I have even seen full blooded indigenous Mex chicks with banging bodies in New York but they tend to hit the wall hard as soon as they turn 19. The only place in Mexico that I have been to was Cozumel, I wasn't too impressed with the local talent. Almost all the girls there were shaped like Square Bob Square pants.

Quote: (09-27-2010 09:45 AM)playa_with_a_passport Wrote:  

Almost all the girls there were shaped like Square Bob Square pants.

[Image: lol.gif]

I almost spit out my orange juice! hahahah...What's up with that weird stocky shape a lot of women get who are from Mexico or central America?

The "Square Bob" was hilarious! The shape has all to do with the type of natives that lived in the region. On East coast of Mexicon and on downo through central american there were a lot of Mayans. The women have that "no waist" square shape.

Quote: (09-27-2010 01:26 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Almost all the girls there were shaped like Square Bob Square pants.

[Image: lol.gif]

I almost spit out my orange juice! hahahah...What's up with that weird stocky shape a lot of women get who are from Mexico or central America?

URM, When are you planning on going to Mejico and how long are you staying? I have had the experience of tasting sweet Mexican nectar and it was quite an experience. She was more on the indigenous side face and skin color wise but she had a Black girl's body. She was from the Yucatan peninsula where I once read there was a lot of mixing between Indians and Black slaves. So, don't believe the hype that the only good looking Mexicans are the ones who are predominantly White like telenovelas actresses. I have even seen full blooded indigenous Mex chicks with banging bodies in New York but they tend to hit the wall hard as soon as they turn 19. The only place in Mexico that I have been to was Cozumel, I wasn't too impressed with the local talent. Almost all the girls there were shaped like Square Bob Square pants.

I'm planning on going to Ixtapa this mid-December. I have a Mexican friend that owns a condo out there, so I'll be kickin' it there. The thing about Ixtapa that bothers me is that it's more of a tourist town/area, from what I hear. Very few locals, other than service industry workers. I'm also assuming that the few locals that do show up to some of the resort bars and clubs are probably thoroughly ruined by all of the trickin' and spoiling that they get from the American/Canadian tourists! I think Zihuatanejo, the next town over, might be a little more promising since that's where the locals and the people who work the service industry actually live. Still, with all the tourism activity so near by, I don't think I'll get the same kind of response as a black guy as what is reputed in Monterrey.
As far as the Mexican women in general, I've always liked for Mexican women to look like Mexicans! If I wanted a Swede, I'd go to Sweden. I like the medium olive to copper skin, dark hair, dark large eyes, and even their shorter, smaller stature. I don't want squatty by any means, but a shorter woman, with smaller hands and feet is very nice. Now don't get me wrong, I have my blonde desires too, and I would not pass on the cuties that some here have shown of the white looking girls in Monterrey, but I still find myself more attracted to the Latinas that look like Selena that I am Xuxa.
At any rate, my main concern was the safety of black guys in Mexico, and how the natives would react to us picking up or being seen in public with 'their' women. From what I have learned from this forum, there isn't much threat of violence, though I'm sure individual incidents are still possible. Just as long as there aren't overwhelming odds of being attacked by Latin haters! Lol.

If you're looking to pick up and you don't speak conversational Spanish, I think you'd be best off sticking to the larger more cosmopolitan cities. You'll be more likely to come across Mexican girls who know at least some English. And those women I would think are going to be most open to hook ups, esp with guys from a different race. Small towns in Mexico can have really old world attitudes. And forget finding local small town girls deep in Mexico that speak English.

If you want to visit Ixtapa, then go for it, but I'd also add a week in a larger city to your itinerary. Monterrey, Guadalajara or D.F.

Quote: (09-27-2010 04:16 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

If you're looking to pick up and you don't speak conversational Spanish, I think you'd be best off sticking to the larger more cosmopolitan cities. You'll be more likely to come across Mexican girls who know at least some English. And those women I would think are going to be most open to hook ups, esp with guys from a different race. Small towns in Mexico can have really old world attitudes.

If you want to visit Ixtapa, then go for it, but I'd also add a week in a larger city to your itinerary. Monterrey, Guadalajara or D.F.

Good advice. I keep forgetting about the 'old world values." Well, in Ixtapa, if I bomb out with the locals, at least there's tourists to hunt! Lol. Still, I'm hoping that my 'American Card' will assist me with meeting a local that I can hook up with on a return visit.

It's not about the color of the skin bro. Don't make it an issue for you, and it won't be an issue for anyone else.

Quote: (09-27-2010 04:55 PM)feomuerto Wrote:  

It's not about the color of the skin bro. Don't make it an issue for you, and it won't be an issue for anyone else.

That's a little naive in my opinion. I mean, there have been many a hung person who didn't make race an issue, yet it was an issue to the persons who hung him! I'm just trying to make sure it's safe to go there, not only because of race but also because of the recent drug gang violence that's going on.

Things would be a lot different for you if you spoke excellent spanish and had a latina mentality. I have seen this with my own eyes. Blacks from spanish speaking countries who are "latinized" are seen as "brothers". Or at least they seem a lot more friendly to them.

Quote: (09-26-2010 03:36 PM)Urban Renaissance Man Wrote:  

I'm curious about traveling to Mexico, especially after reading about Monterrey from another member! Lol. However, I'm curious to know how safe traveling in Mexico would be for African Americans, especially those of us who know about 8 words of Spanish only! Lol. And, since one of my main reasons for traveling to Mexico would be for the women, I'm also curious about how the local Latino men would feel about my entertaining their women? I know in the Los Angeles area where I grew up, Latin guys from certain areas frown upon it, but I'm wondering if that's because of the gang connections many of these haters have? Additionally, because of the violence going on in Mexico lately, I'm wondering how safe in general Americans are traveling there? Lastly, I can't remember the posters name but I'd really like an in depth review of your time in Monterrey! Also, do you are anyone of the other members know anything about African-American treatment in Guadalajara, Mexico? Sounds like a fun, party town, but I still want to go someplace where I might get a bit of the rock star treatment! Lol. Thanks for your help.
My guess is you do not travel much. Most latinas and asians run the other way when they see an african american aproaching them with a smile on their face. Not because of the smile but because of the big dick reputation. So be coy and do not be agressive use your imagination, offer to buy a coke or a cuba libre. be suttle. Eidoos77. [Image: idea.gif][Image: heart.gif][Image: idea.gif]

Quote: (09-27-2010 10:42 PM)eidoos77 Wrote:  

Quote: (09-26-2010 03:36 PM)Urban Renaissance Man Wrote:  

My guess is you do not travel much. Most latinas and asians run the other way when they see an african american aproaching them with a smile on their face. Not because of the smile but because of the big dick reputation. So be coy and do not be agressive use your imagination, offer to buy a coke or a cuba libre. be suttle. Eidoos77. [Image: idea.gif][Image: heart.gif][Image: idea.gif]

Lmaoooooooo that is utter false testimony your honor.......what does my dick size have to do with my humanity??? Yeah, in Asia where it's a homogenous society for koreans/chinese/japanese, yeah they will stare you the fuck down especially the older ones but the people I have met have been so generous and nice....I was interviewed for a job with a big ass multinational corporation for a position in India. The executive I was talking to didn't even talk about the job but my opinions about foreign cultures. He proceeds to tell me about his life in China and how he took his wife and kids to McDonalds, and the people stared at him and didn't want to serve him. He said for the first time he understood what blacks go thru in the United States..lol..

Quote: (09-27-2010 09:13 PM)whosyourdaddy Wrote:  

Things would be a lot different for you if you spoke excellent spanish and had a latina mentality. I have seen this with my own eyes. Blacks from spanish speaking countries who are "latinized" are seen as "brothers". Or at least they seem a lot more friendly to them.

I disagree, I speak fluent Spanish and are very attuned with pop cultural and politics of several Latin American countries and I can tell you from experience of traveling thru Latin America for years that the most success I had with Latinas in Latin America is pretending that my Spanish was barely conversational and that I am unfamiliar with her country. Asking her how you pronounce something in Spanish was a excellent way to open them and gauge their interest in the Black cock. If she ignores me, is mean or indifferent I move on to the next one but if she's friendly I know I got her.....

The key is to distinguished yourself as much as possible from Local Blacks this includes local Blacks who live in the US but go back to their native countries on Vacation. Latin America isn't like Europe and the US where the media basically encourages young White girls to fuck Black dudes. Fucking the local Blacks in Latin American countries its extremely frown upon. In fact, in countries where there is a sizable population of indigenous Blacks(pretty much every country in LA except Salvador, Chile and Argentina) its very common for parents to tell their little girls that the worse thing they can ever do is fuck a Black man. However, there's is a loop hole, African American men are technically considered Gringos just like White men are. Thus, daddy told them not to fuck Black men but he didn't say anything about fucking Gringo Black men.

Quote: (09-28-2010 11:36 AM)playa_with_a_passport Wrote:  

Quote: (09-27-2010 09:13 PM)whosyourdaddy Wrote:  

I disagree, I speak fluent Spanish and are very attuned with pop cultural and politics of several Latin American countries and I can tell you from experience of traveling thru Latin America for years that the most success I had with Latinas in Latin America is pretending that my Spanish was barely conversational and that I am unfamiliar with her country. Asking her how you pronounce something in Spanish was a excellent way to open them and gauge their interest in the Black cock. If she ignores me, is mean or indifferent I move on to the next one but if she's friendly I know I got her.....

The key is to distinguished yourself as much as possible from Local Blacks this includes local Blacks who live in the US but go back to their native countries on Vacation. Latin America isn't like Europe and the US where the media basically encourages young White girls to fuck Black dudes. Fucking the local Blacks in Latin American countries its extremely frown upon. In fact, in countries where there is a sizable population of indigenous Blacks(pretty much every country in LA except Salvador, Chile and Argentina) its very common for parents to tell their little girls that the worse thing they can ever do is fuck a Black man. However, there's is a loop hole, African American men are technically considered Gringos just like White men are. Thus, daddy told them not to fuck Black men but he didn't say anything about fucking Gringo Black men.

I agree with of both of your opinions. There is no cut and dry way to look at it since all of our experiences are slightly different. On one hand acting like you don't speak good spanish and showing that you are American helps distingush you from the locals. (I find this works like a charm for my white friends!) However I have been in situations where speaking spanish helped you game the girls soo much better. When talking to the girls this isn't the time to claim your great grandmother was puerto rican or anything that indicates you have latino blood. It is better to play up being american and they will be very intrigued that you speak spanish and are american.

As far as hate goes, I feel that it is all in your mind set. If you go down there expecting that crap you will look for ways to find it. Sort of like a self fulling prophesy. I feel like if you go most places in the world with an open mind and willing to vibe with the locals and not acting like you are some pompous superstar you will be successful.

Mexicans are not racist with foreigners, Mexicans are racist with their own indigenous people, REALLY racist, in fact, the more indigenous looking(Amerindian) you look, the worse.

And you are going to be safe in Mexico, go to Guadalajara/Zapopan; better nightlife, they have this october parties in October so you can meet A LOT of people, just google, "fiestas de octubre"; Monterrey girls are like more americanized, Miss Universo 2010 is from Guadalajara, Mexico. Also you are 3 hours away from Puerto Vallarta.

If you are interested in the topic of racism in Mexico:
http://www.mexconnect.com/articles/1751-...-in-mexico

And yeah, the best form of connecting would be in a school environment.

Quote: (09-27-2010 04:05 AM)Combo Wrote:  

I don't think men in any country like foreigners that come to bang the local women. Just human nature. But I wouldn't let that stop you from going somewhere unless there are threats of actual violence. The only place where that is a significant possibility now is Russia.

Ummm. I respectfully disagree. I could give a rat-ass who comes to bang local girls in New York City where I am from. So long as I am getting my fair share, who cares? A lot of men could care less if a Russian were to come to Miami to fuck girls, or an Argie/Cuban...hell they are all here like it or not. I have never cock-blocked or given dirty looks to any foreigner I see with a latina. Hell, I even contribute on this board to many gringos who want to bang latinas (I'm latino).

So, I never understood why we are hated on - plain American - wether you are white, latino-american, or afro-american - you will run into haters galore.

Mixx