rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

You need to change your friends every couple years...

I've always felt very blessed to have the same solid group of ten friends since high school...

For years I've been lucky to have a study supply of at least 5 different wingman every single night I have gone out. In College sometimes I would have a group of over a dozen dudes.

Now that I am over 30 (33), my wolfpack has been almost completely destroyed....

I've noticed that I've been slightly down in the dumps since my trip to Texas in March. I hooked up with several different girls from ages 18 to 22, and I thought I had officially made my comeback.

But since then, going out has been pretty dead, and I am assigning 75% of the blame on my crew.

A) They ALL got fat: They only guy who is still ripped moved to Arizona (and coincidently the only one who still gets laid)

B) Their teeth are rotting: If you don't take care of your teeth they will start rotting to shit after age 30

C) 2 got married and one more is engaged: They come out to drink once in a while but thats it.

D) They have become 'game denialists": My roommate makes $110K+ and hasn't gotten laid in 9 months. Tells me he cant bring a girl home because I don't clean up enough...

E) They are obsessed with money: Some of them have good jobs, but don't save any $$ because they are fat and lazy with no disipline. One guy is about to default on his house but spends extra money on plane tickets with 'extra leg room". Without even trying I have at least double to triple what any of them have saved up.

It's sad, but 90% of guys over 30 are a fukin mess. I started hanging out with some younger guys from work who are cool, but super immature, and sometimes I hang out with some older guys 40+ who are interesting but can't keep up.

Now before about 10 of you tell me "GO OUT SOLO", I will stop you right now:

A) I have no problem going out solo, and oftentimes I do, but after a while it gets annoying.
B) Hanging out with younger guys can also be really annoying...

My younger brother has some game, but he likes these hipster places that I can't stand.

My wish is that 30 year old men in the United States wouldn't succumb to becoming vaginas...

So what is my plan: New friends....

Fuck em. High School is over. College is over. If you want to stay home and watch game of thrones have fun, my loyalty is going out the window.

Travel:

So far it looks like I am doing St Patricks day in dublin, Ireland in March, and Brazil for the clusterfuck World Cup in August.

Warning: If you wolfpack starts becoming a group of middle aged pussies, start to network outside of your social circle, they may be holding you back from really accomplishing anything.

Power out!

The real problem you are going to have is that after 30 most guys in the USA want to get married and "settle down." Plus, if you don't take care of yourself, that is around the age when you will get fatter more quickly and have a harder time losing weight. All this combines to make shit worse for wolfpacks.

However, my big question is what is it like after 40? By then, most guys either had gotten married or they have dropped out of the dating market.

For some reason i find the guys over 40 to be more red pill...

What the hell are friends.

In the USA it's basically a dog eat dog competition and anyone within eye sight is usually trying to fuck you over.

99.9999% of Friends = guys who are going to cock block you or drag you down.

Most of my guy friends are manginas. I had a few good wolf packs but they come and go with time.

Generally, my expectations for other people are very low so i find it flattering when other people want to hang out with me especially a good group of dudes.

I find it annoyingly lonely, but it makes for working on oneself even more enjoyable.

99.9999% of friends = cock blocking guys

True words, there's no honor or dignity amongst men in the dating game. It's like working with a bunch of women.

I've had wingmen that were great....If you have a wingman that is a natural or just a great talker it could help a lot. Even Michael Jordan needed Scottie Pippin...

Just go the Wedo route and have chicks help you out. Helps with the whole he's with a cute girl he must be good blah blah blah hamster spin.

Guys are generally useless as wings, they are useful for exchanging information and trouble shooting but that's about it.

If you want to get better girls just go alone. This is all part of the price to pay for taking the red pill, isolation.

It's hard man. A lot of my friends are stuck in a time warp. They evolved to a certain age(about 21) and are still mentally there at 40.

I need to grow and move forward. I need to explore and learn new things. Therefore I can't hang out with them anymore. I get made fun of for dressing nice at the bar. Im talking about just wearing a clean collared shirt. It's frustrating.

What I ended up doing is just hanging out with women. I go to parties that my female friends have and I hang out with my usual sluts.

I've met up with a few guys from the forum and I gotta tell you it was a pleasure rolling out with proper players who know how to keep a conversation going with women without having to clockblock or AMOG you to get the girl. Thank you fellas. You know who you are [Image: thumb.gif]

Team Nachos

I've naturally cycled through friends every few years. Might have something to do with the fact that I was a military brat and grew up moving every 2-3 years... but either way it's good for me. Most of my old friends were blue pill and got married early. A few were engaged for years, got cheated on... I could tell you some horror stories. One of my friends' ex-fiances (he's gone through 3 but only married the third) actually blamed him for the Virginia Tech shooting because he had a dress in his dorm room that Cho might have seen. Fucked up shit man... and he stayed engaged to this chick for YEARS despite my advice. She'd use his car and "borrow" money he never got back. The fiance before that was doing hardcore drugs behind his back, refused to give the ring and all his other shit back so he took her to court... Maybe got 10% of what was his. Granted, this guy was in his mid 20s so he didn't make the best decisions to begin with. This chick stalked him at his work, waiting outside in cars with "guy friends" for hours waiting for him to leave and harassing him when he tried to make his way to his own car after his shift ended. Barely avoided getting his ass beat with a bat because he caved and gave her more $$. What's the worst part? These chicks were overweight, barely 5s, and this guy is probably a 6 or 7 and skinny.

Morals of the story:

1. Friends don't let friends marry trash.
2. Drop the guys that you do not respect.
3. Befriend like-minded men.
4. Rinse and repeat.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

I don't know what the secret to having close friends is. However, I've had close friends my entire life. I think it's one of the reasons for my confidence - no matter what happens to me, or what I say to someone, I always have a core group of loyal friends that I've known for over years (going on 10 years now).

I genuinely enjoy the company of other men, much moreso than women. I find men with similar interests - chiefly philosophy or video games, and spend lots of time with them enjoying those activities together. I'm also currently making friends through dancing.

I've had a few short-term player friendships, but generally they never last. Most of the players I've met are basket cases who focus on women so much they have nothing else in their lives to show for it except their job. Which is fine, I guess, but it's kinda boring. I do meet players who have a solid head on their shoulders from time to time, but usually these guys are so wrapped up in their lives they don't have time for friends.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

I've actually met some cool new guys right here on the forum. The problem I run across with some of my long time friends is their blue pill worldview on some things.

One of the most unpleasant realizations I came to in my early adulthood is the fact that you ARE, in fact, who you hang out with. It doesn't seem fair or logical but its so true.

If your friends are all a bunch of shackled beta pussys whos balls rest in the bottom of Davey Jones' locker.. You do the math

If your friends are, however, motivated individuals who are doing as good or better than you in their respective endeavors, maybe a few years older/wiser and have a positive mindset it can have an astounding effect.

To vaguely quote Roosh, every other male on this earth is, in essence, your competitor.

One needs to realize and accept early on that most people end up being a disappointment. This way you don't depend on them so emotionally on an unconscious level.

My friends were all red pill at one time, but 10 years of women and corporate America has totally corrupted them.....Its sad....

Quote: (07-29-2013 10:42 AM)TheCaptainPower Wrote:  

So far it looks like I am doing St Patricks day in dublin, Ireland in March, and Brazil for the clusterfuck World Cup in August.

Warning: If you wolfpack starts becoming a group of middle aged pussies, start to network outside of your social circle, they may be holding you back from really accomplishing anything.

Power out!

Actually World Cup will be over my mid-July so Brazil should be fine in August 2014.

I agree about saying "eff it" to friends at times. I'm very grateful for my social circles, etc but many of us are red pill and decisive enough to know what we want in life. None of us are getting any younger so it's all about doing the things we want instead of just trying to fit in and doing stuff on the terms of others.

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

Quote: (07-29-2013 10:42 AM)TheCaptainPower Wrote:  

So far it looks like I am doing St Patricks day in dublin, Ireland in March

Be careful Cap'n. I had a friend do that and he walked into a ghost town. From what he said St Pats is a religious holiday over there. Everyone goes to church then goes home. Everything was closed. It's not a big party like in the US. Look into it before you book.

Team Nachos

If I tell some of my friends I need variety or I like to meet different girls, they run a blank.

They usually say I 'haven't met the right girl yet.'

Our worldview is very niche, it's difficult to find men with similar worldviews, but when you do hang on to them.

So in that respect I don't agree with recycling friends who are 'red-pill' because I find good ones, who you can trust and see the world for what it really is, are few and far between.

read this the other day and laughed with some nervous laughter

http://www.theonion.com/articles/unambit...ill,33233/

there is some truth to this, but I hated my high school so much that I dropped out and live 1000 miles away. I see all of my high school friends who still keep in touch and havent really moved on and made new friends, or a new social circle. Most of them didnt go to college or really get out into the world, so they all keep in touch on Facebook all the time, what I consider a stunted adult life. I have my own life but still have my best friends who are 20 yr+ friends. I was married for 10 years in a new city with no family, and getting out after a divorce has been tough, but I have mine. Crossfit is an instant source of friends and I meet a lot of good people there. As far as game, forget it, its all me, have never relied on friends to help there. I make friends in business all the time but 99% of the time people are just out for their piece of the pie, like that ROK article a while ago.

Quote: (07-29-2013 03:27 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Be careful Cap'n. I had a friend do that and he walked into a ghost town. From what he said St Pats is a religious holiday over there. Everyone goes to church then goes home. Everything was closed. It's not a big party like in the US. Look into it before you book.

Ha, maybe it was like that 30 years back, not anymore my friend
Sure, in more rural parts, that still happens to some extent, but in towns and cities? Nah, Paddy's Day is one of the biggest piss-ups of the year
Not sure about the other cities, but Dublin gets pretty messy, by the evening, a lot of very drunk locals, and more than a few undesirables (chavs/scumbags) hanging around the city centre
Temple Bar at least seems to be mostly tourists(American/European) and not so many lowlifes as other parts of the city centre
At nighttime, it should be easy enough to score a slightly plump American or Brit, but not as easy to pull quality
A lot of Irish get the hell out of the cities for St. Patrick's Day, and go on a weekend down the country instead, usually to a more scenic part of Ireland like Kerry/Galway/Donegal, where you can do some outdoor activities, rent out a house for a few days, and head down to the local village/town for a few pints

For day game though, Paddy's Day in the Irish cities and big towns can be a goldmine, there's a good sprinkling of quality Euro chicks wandering around, not to mention a few imported East Europeans and South American chicas, checking out the parades, flitting in and out of the bars and coffee shops during the day, conversely Temple Bar in the daytime can be great for day game (night time though it can turn into an unseemly mess of drunken wretches, multiply this by five for St. Patrick's Day)
Anyway, my point being, day game can really pay off on days like this and is imo your best chance to pull quality, head in to the city early, and get talking to some cute long haired Euro chick, cos chances are she'll have disappeared after about 8pm (in my experience anyway)

Yeah its been tough for me recently as well. If you move to a new state and you're 25+, man its difficult.

Id imagine its really dependent on location/job as well. I met several of my original friends in DC through work, and the over the years I met friends of friends, and just gravitated to dudes I had the most in common with, the red-pill guys not whipped by lame gfs. But I also had plenty of dudes whipped by shit girlfriends, and I still enjoyed hanging with the, and considered them good friends. Im also maybe a minority on the forum, but I also had a decent amount of female friends I had no intention of sleeping with.

South Beach is an absolute shitshow. Ive met a couple people from the Midwest who are transplants as well, but holy fuck, I dont think Ive met one normal person actually from South Florida.

I said to my shrink once, most people don't mature as much as they get ruined.

I think that meshes with what the OP said. As far as "30's guy should {do something}" that kind of thinking is a total waste of time. A whole generation is not going to change even one iota because of yor opinion. People rarely change. And it takes them a big effort even when they are aware they need to, and actually want to.

As a psychotherapist, I sometimes have seen someone once a week for months, who has actually taken action going to see a shrink, I've had their full attention for an hour a week-- and it still is very slow, very incremental. Usually they gain a some understanding of what's happening to them, make less of the same mistakes, and they feel less hopeless, but in the large sense they rarely are able to to just re-route their whole lives.

Personality and opportunity is largely inherited, rags-to-riches stories are notable because they are rare, otherwise you would never hear them.

Usually when you read of someone who's accomplished something great, at least one of their parents was highly educated or also accomplished something fairly unusual. For instance, David Bowie's father ran something like a carnival. David Lynch's father was an engineer who worked for the US Geological survey or something like that.

You can MANAGE and DEVELOP what you've got as well as possible, be positive, execute well and FINISH things, but your abilities are largely inborn.

What I do believe is important is, as was mentioned, to get the highest quality people around you as you can that also share your goals.

I do my health work for money, I am not all that fascinated with it as I love the arts much more.

I spend as much time as I can with people whose ability I respect, whose abilities are complementary to my own, and who believe in my potential, everyone else is much less beneficial. and I'm less beneficial to them. For instance, I am good at coming up with song ideas, but very disorganized in finishing records. I have a friend who has a degree in production.

Great saying in the Christian Bible, something like "As iron sharpens iron, one man sharpens another."

Thinking you're so smart you don't need collaborators is usually sub-optimal except for that one special thing that only you can do, and from which other people are just distractions. Also as was said for PU, a lot of times day game looks more natural without a crew. I don't like night game at all.

Quote: (07-29-2013 04:13 PM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

I said to my shrink once, most people don't mature as much as they get ruined.

thats pretty common, have seen it way too often with friends and family. drugs, alcohol, entitlement and a general victim approach to life beat people down to nothing. we are here to enjoy it. given that you are a therapist, how do you recommend finding a red pill therapist? I always come back to Robin Williams' role in Good Will Hunting as this type. The woman I speak with now is very helpful, has a great world view and is a good encourager, but her life experience is that of a housewife from long island. Any recommendations or referrals in NYC are welcome.

Quote: (07-29-2013 11:04 AM)WestCoast Wrote:  

What the hell are friends.

In the USA it's basically a dog eat dog competition and anyone within eye sight is usually trying to fuck you over.

99.9999% of Friends = guys who are going to cock block you or drag you down.

Sad to say, but once you're past college age unless they're your family members or close friends you've had for years, most other dudes will end up wasting your time at best, or totally fucking you over for some money or pussy at worst. I've seen it happen way too many times.

Quote: (07-29-2013 03:44 PM)puckman Wrote:  

there is some truth to this, but I hated my high school so much that I dropped out and live 1000 miles away. I see all of my high school friends who still keep in touch and havent really moved on and made new friends, or a new social circle. Most of them didnt go to college or really get out into the world, so they all keep in touch on Facebook all the time, what I consider a stunted adult life.

I know most the people I grew up with who stayed around the same area their whole life and kept the same friends have extremely dull lives. A lot of them are still doing the same shit in the same places ten years later. You sacrifice some friends and take some risks when you leave your hometown, but at the end of the day would you want to limit yourself that much just to stay comfortable?

Quote: (07-29-2013 01:35 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

Most of the players I've met are basket cases who focus on women so much they have nothing else in their lives to show for it except their job. Which is fine, I guess, but it's kinda boring. I do meet players who have a solid head on their shoulders from time to time, but usually these guys are so wrapped up in their lives they don't have time for friends.

This is one reason I think waiting until you're a little older to get serious about game and chasing pussy is important. The guys I knew who were always pussy hunting or worried about having girlfriends when they were in their high school and college years didn't really develop much else in terms of useful skills. Then the girls eventually leave and all they have is some shit job and not much else to show for their lives or projects to occupy their free time. So in this situation they inevitably try to find some other bitch to fill the void which doesn't solve anything.

Ive had numerous girlfriends and i still went out with my boys....most guys over 30 start giving up on life

Quote: (07-29-2013 03:44 PM)puckman Wrote:  

read this the other day and laughed with some nervous laughter

http://www.theonion.com/articles/unambit...ill,33233/

there is some truth to this, but I hated my high school so much that I dropped out and live 1000 miles away. I see all of my high school friends who still keep in touch and havent really moved on and made new friends, or a new social circle. Most of them didnt go to college or really get out into the world, so they all keep in touch on Facebook all the time, what I consider a stunted adult life. I have my own life but still have my best friends who are 20 yr+ friends. I was married for 10 years in a new city with no family, and getting out after a divorce has been tough, but I have mine. Crossfit is an instant source of friends and I meet a lot of good people there. As far as game, forget it, its all me, have never relied on friends to help there. I make friends in business all the time but 99% of the time people are just out for their piece of the pie, like that ROK article a while ago.

That is a really accurate piece of satire.

One of the defining things of the modern age - is people being desperate to leave their home towns and starting a new life elsewhere.

I am not saying it is a good or a bad thing. But it seems to be an unexamined need which is drilled into us by the media. And the expectations of society. And is quite a shift from how society was before the rise of consumerism and advertising.

Cui bono