rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

UK piece about Odessa brides

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...01428.html

"A friend came on one of these trips and said it was like Disneyland for anyone with a penis," he says. "I want to go to Penis Disneyland!"

"They have vaginas, and vaginas lie"

"I have come to the conclusion that there are no victims in Odessa," Chris writes. "Only two opposing cons, both trying to get as much as they can out of each other.

I guess that sums it up pretty well.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Quote:Quote:

"I'm very conservative, so I never go to bars or clubs," says 47-year-old Joe, a hay farmer from Pennsylvania with an awkward manner. Affable but shy, Joe has trouble meeting women at home, and has had little contact with women since his wife died of cancer five years ago. "I've tried local dating sites but nobody wants to live on a farm," he says. "I wrote to one lady and said she had nice hair, but she didn't even reply to say thank you."

What to think about guys like this? Do they deserve what they get because of their personality? Are they the kinds of men we talk about as the idealized beta, the backbone of society? Chastise them for failing to adapt? Not easy to answer.

There was much consternation about the flakiness of Ukrainian women.

Ha. They could have spent $5 on Bang Ukraine and learned it instead of spending 3-10,000 pounds! Amazing. This is a crazy market.

Great article, Here's my comments:
These guys are sick f%^ks and get what they deserve by being conned.
Strike one against them is that they take no time to learn the local language or culture:
"Most of the "ladies" do not speak English, and thus the men will require the services of the red-shirted translators who will also be present at the social, he tells us."
Strike two is that they have unrealistic expectations and no common sense...some proposing after just a couple dates.

"If the men ever actually show up in Odessa, Alina's sister takes them out on a series of overpriced non-sexual "dates", receiving kickbacks in each venue, and her husband acts as their "taxi driver", taking an enormous fare from the man at the end of each day."

Really, the only $ that needs to be spent is a cabana on the Ibiza Beach club for 300UAH and after that you're golden. I had the time of my life doing this, so much so that I blacked out after half a day of boozing, lounging, swimming, and hitting on models. Add to that the fact that the beach water at Arcadia was dirty as heck this turned out to be like the Vegas pool clubs but cheaper and with better quality and ratio[Image: smile.gif]

I notice these marriage guy's like beached whale's from far away. IMHO, Odessa should be nothing more than a fun destination to party cheaply among beautiful women (I'm not into Asian or Black women so for me this place is perfect) and even make friends with local guys just to penetrate their social circles or to be shown around off the beaten path which is exactly what I did. Too bad these westerners are indirect competition to us as just about everyone who speaks English is thought of as a "sex tourist" and a few bad apple's ruin it for pickup guys like us. I got a bit of that while earlier this week in Odessa however game trumps everything, especially gaming in Russian [Image: smile.gif]

Also, WTF pay for Anastasia date and their chat/e-mail features if same thing can be accomplished on VK for free?
"She told him that the men are effectively paying to sit at a restaurant with a beautiful woman. If they are naïve enough to think there is a romantic attachment, then that is their problem."

I think the above comment summarizes this independent.co.uk newspaper article well. If one go's to Odessa to run game and party cheaply while enjoying great weather in the summer-time than it probably can be comparable, if not better than many of the mediterranean beach destinations however no pua should go there for marriage or ltr.

"Stephen's world view and gender values are alien to me... "The thing I really like about her is that both of her parents are dead," he tells me one evening. "So she would probably miss home less."

That made me chuckle. I wonder if he has a 'dead parents' opener?

Quote: (07-13-2013 03:53 PM)BCZalgyris Wrote:  

Great article, Here's my comments:
These guys are sick f%^ks and get what they deserve by being conned.
Strike one against them is that they take no time to learn the local language or culture:
"Most of the "ladies" do not speak English, and thus the men will require the services of the red-shirted translators who will also be present at the social, he tells us."
Strike two is that they have unrealistic expectations and no common sense...some proposing after just a couple dates.

"If the men ever actually show up in Odessa, Alina's sister takes them out on a series of overpriced non-sexual "dates", receiving kickbacks in each venue, and her husband acts as their "taxi driver", taking an enormous fare from the man at the end of each day."

Really, the only $ that needs to be spent is a cabana on the Ibiza Beach club for 300UAH and after that you're golden. I had the time of my life doing this, so much so that I blacked out after half a day of boozing, lounging, swimming, and hitting on models. Add to that the fact that the beach water at Arcadia was dirty as heck this turned out to be like the Vegas pool clubs but cheaper and with better quality and ratio[Image: smile.gif]

I notice these marriage guy's like beached whale's from far away. IMHO, Odessa should be nothing more than a fun destination to party cheaply among beautiful women (I'm not into Asian or Black women so for me this place is perfect) and even make friends with local guys just to penetrate their social circles or to be shown around off the beaten path which is exactly what I did. Too bad these westerners are indirect competition to us as just about everyone who speaks English is thought of as a "sex tourist" and a few bad apple's ruin it for pickup guys like us. I got a bit of that while earlier this week in Odessa however game trumps everything, especially gaming in Russian [Image: smile.gif]

Also, WTF pay for Anastasia date and their chat/e-mail features if same thing can be accomplished on VK for free?
"She told him that the men are effectively paying to sit at a restaurant with a beautiful woman. If they are naïve enough to think there is a romantic attachment, then that is their problem."

I think the above comment summarizes this independent.co.uk newspaper article well. If one go's to Odessa to run game and party cheaply while enjoying great weather in the summer-time than it probably can be comparable, if not better than many of the mediterranean beach destinations however no pua should go there for marriage or ltr.

No one deserves to be scammed. And Odessans have VERY little culture except MONEY lol. Odessa is the scam capital of FSU. The marriage agencies are part of the scam.
10 years ago Odessa was fun, because it was cheap. 3 bucks to get in Ibiza ETC. BUT it really never was fun for meeting women. First time I ever went there was bringing a girlfriend from kiev there.
Second time was with my GF(married now 11 years) to hang and meet family.
Every time I have been there since i hated it. i like attention. Back in Kiev chicks use to pinch my ass, etc. Even with my GF present. In Odessa i got NO love .No one was impressed with my American ASS lol.
But what was even worst was escalating prices and crappy service. menus that offered a lot but nothing available.
but what i noticed was the level of chicks compared to guys were not as better as i saw in other cities. It was definitely a city where women thought they were the bomb.
i know a guy who lived there for 4 years and couldn't get dates. he was 44 tall and built. Sure he could get DATES , but it was like the article. Expensive outings etc.
Mark my words, if i was ever single again. I would either rent out my flat or sell it to move to some province. NYC is easier to pick up in my opinion.
The girls in Odessa think odessa is the greatest city and show on earth ,why would they leave?
The only good Odessa is an Odessan who left the city. They often leave to escape the pirate mentality there. Most of south Ukraine has this pirate mentality.
Funny thing about these translators..they scam and steer the couples to expensive places also. my wife was a translator and she use to bring them to expensive restaurants. My revenge is now she gets only Pizza.
The only girl who ever used me was a Tartar date in Kiev btw.In the club she started talkign to a classmate. I left to dance and when she said she needed cab to go home ,i ignored her lol.

The article is almost painful to read, I found myself getting squeamish and uncomfortable as I read on. I hate to say it, because I generally feel sorry for them, but these guys are just sadly pathetic, one wonders if you could talk any sense into them. They have literally bought into the bogus dream of catching a beautiful & faithful 20-something Ukrainian wife hook, line, and sinker without knowing a bit of the language or having any real sort of social interaction with them.

Seems like the only guy who sort of wised up was the younger Chris guy at the end of the tour. And one of these guys has done 14 of these 'marriage tours'? WTF? At what point do you wake up and figure out that it's a total scam?? 14 tours? GTFO!

Also, can't believe the English bloke who said "Perhaps it's all a pack of lies. I don't know. But I'll be a few hundred quid down if it is. And maybe I'll come back with a beautiful young wife. It's a gamble worth taking." I mean seriously that's insane. With UK divorce laws you can lose EVERYTHING and then be in hock for years of alimony. It's not like these horror stories aren't all over the news in the UK either. So sad.

And I just don't understand the whole "translator" expense thing...hello Google Translate anyone? WTF?? How hard is it to do a Google search? I just don't get it, can only assume that given that most of the guys are over 50 with many in their 60s they aren't internet-savvy and are ripe for scamming. Ughhhh.

2015 RVF fantasy football champion

Just googling "Ukrainian dating scam" brings up a lot of stuff. Just those 3 words. But sometimes people just want to believe what they want to believe. Everyone wants happiness, however it is defined for them.

I found an article that seems really harsh - guy showed up in the Ukraine to meet his future wife (he had arranged it in advance to meet her) and ended up homeless.

"After he arrived, Yulia stopped answering his e-mails. With his U.S. bank account frozen and no means of supporting himself, he said, he became a homeless man. He was reduced to sleeping on the streets and seeking shelter at a local railway station, according to social workers."

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/45329512/ns/te...eQWHo21GVo

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Nice short movie (not about scams)... a bit melancholic ...a 50 yo australian travels to Kiev to meet his internet conquest, only to learn that she doesn't really meet his expectations. He will understand too late the intensity of the moments he shared with this woman.

"..Fifty-something Franz is a motor mechanic and aging playboy from Austria and Olga a struggling nurse in her thirties from Ukraine. Both are looking for love abroad and meet through an online dating agency. Franz travels to Kiev to see Olga for the first time, but it is difficult for them to find a common language. Franz, assuming that Olga would be an easy catch, is suddenly confronted with her strong personality and the fact that she concealed her young daughter from him. Frustrated with the way things turn out for him, Franz wants to forget about Olga, but when he gets himself into trouble, Olga is the only person he can ask for help. While Franz is forced to stay in Ukraine he gets an insight into Olga's life and both begin to see each other from a new perspective....."

UK documentary (Journeyman TV) about internet dating in Odessa. 34 minutes.

Damn. Imagine falling in love with a girl online then bring stood up like that.

Of course these guys are chumps but still sad to see that people can be so heartless with them

@ Prosal video:

I think u mean he is AUSTRIAN and not AUSTRALIAN lol

My brothers would rather go to Bali and drink cheap piss and act yobbo :-)

"Lifes about, shooting your load"

Quote: (08-03-2013 01:03 PM)Tigre Wrote:  

UK documentary (Journeyman TV) about internet dating in Odessa. 34 minutes.

This video is 5 years too old. Odessa women are no longer throwing themselves at foreign men as that video would make one believe, I came back from that area earlier this summer and honestly to snag an 8+ requires real game over there and White God Factor is almost non-existent.

Liked this line. I bet he had four wives back in Saudi Arabia and just saw this as an easier and cheaper way to get Slavic blondes than Dubai.

Others find it easier: within half an hour, Mohammed from Saudi Arabia has his arms around two women and is throatily growling "Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica on a karaoke system.

The men who go to Ukraine looking for a wife then fly home alone and broke

Ukraine's internet romance industry is booming – despite the unrest. But after chatting online, travelling to Odessa and wooing women on flashy dates, most men fly home alone and far poorer. Are they unlucky in love, or have they been scammed?

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/...nline-scam

But love in Odessa is not all it seems. Perhaps 10 years ago, the scenario had been what I imagined, with men swooping in, and women keen to swap the hard grind of poverty-stricken Ukraine for a new life in the US, even if it was a ramshackle house in a North Dakotan town or a sleepy midwestern farm, rather than a Manhattan penthouse or LA beachfront home.

Now, it seems, things are different. None of the men I became close to on my tour ended up in lasting relationships, and the majority appeared to fall victim to a number of sophisticated scams.

Larry Cervantes, the company spokesman, wrote to me after the tour: "It's true that some of these guys are spending money they don't have. But guys go broke in the US chasing American women, as do Brits chasing Brits. So what's the difference? Throughout history men have pursued the unattainable, and throughout history they've made fools of themselves. How is this any different?"