rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The LEGAL Marijuana Business Thread

So, let's keep this thread "clean" and free of any illegal-speak. Please talk in terms of hypotheticals and disclaimers like, "If I lived in Portugal I would approach medical cannabis cultivation from this angle...", etc. We all know this is going legal within the next ten years but until then I would like this thread to focus on the non-drug related, LEGAL aspects of the cannabis business. For example, a friend of mine is growing neem trees down in Baja and harvesting neem oil and "cake" from the trees. Neem oil is an organic anti-feedant (insect repellent) used by organic farmers around the world and by legal cannabis scientists in Israel (home of the world's largest government sponsored medical grow-ops), The Netherlands, Spain and Portugal. I have also considered growing and harvesting coconut husk which is a favorite mulch and PH buffer amongst organic farmers. If you are a UK citizen and can speak to the seed bank/genetic aspect of the business that would be welcome too. If you are a US citizen please be very careful with your posts. I'm pretty sure you must abide by US law when traveling abroad so make sure you speak about the legal aspects of the business such as investing in CANNA on the NASDAQ, a company who is selling legal dispensing machines and computer software to help people in the global cannabis business network and balance their books. I would also be interested in hearing from Uruguayan citizens as I do believe Uruguay will be the next country to live out it's democratic ideals by treating cannabis, alcohol and cigarettes as economic and judicial equals.

I got this friend who has some aArabianfriends aand they have the best weed.

Arabs love weed

[Image: popcorn3.gif]

I have been really interested in LED lighting and solar tubes. As the market frees up and becomes 100% legalized and legitimized I believe most commercial production facilities will utilize greenhouses with light deprivation tunnels and low energy lighting fixtures. All the material(s), low wattage solar fixtures and greenhouse designs will be areas of invention, investment and production. For example, even in a legal market guerrilla growers will still exist and be subject to thievery so I have an invention for a portable camouflaged guerrilla greenhouse with a rain catchment system (rain water is a miracle "drug" for plant health) that runs on solar fans, a 24 watt LED light (enough for cloning and extending daylight hours) and a solar powered voice and movement activated security camera. The whole unit fits in a square hard plastic back pack the size of a 32 gal. trashcan. My problem in designing this unit is the lack of availability of different styles of camouflaged PVC, plastic and shade cloth. It is virtually impossible to find camouflaged 10% and 20% shade cloth. So designing and manufacturing camo shade cloth is just one opportunity I see for the future. Anyone out there speak Chinese and have experience with the textile export business in China?

Jan. 1 weed will be sold legally (at least state wide) in stores in Denver. I'm considering doing something in weed tourism.

Is Hemp still banned in Colorado as the rest of the States to cultivate? Possible monopoly in the works for tangible and industrial products if you can find a loophole.

@InternationPlayboy: That's a good idea. Do you mean like the "tasting room" and vineyard tours they do in the wine regions of Cali? People are basically guided out to the farms to meet the farmers, try various products, attend special events/seminars on the subject (including jazz concerts which for this emerging market would be the reggae/rock concert), and then order a years supply of their favorite product(s) from that particular farm (or dispensary) they are visiting.

@kosko: Yes, the unconstitutional banning of hemp (which has no THC/CBD/psychoactive qualities) is in full swing in the US. It is an amazing product. Hemp seed is a super food filled with protein and omega oils and antioxidents. The Chinese are the world's largest consumers of hemp seed. Many US grocery stores now carry hemp milk and cereal yet US farmers are still not allowed to grow hemp. Patagonia is the largest importer in the US of hemp cloth. Patagonia's owner actually locked himself in a cage outside the white house with ten pounds of hemp. It took cops like four hours to cut him out, arrest him and confiscate the hemp. He was trying to bring light to the cause but the story has basically been buried on the internet. Now is definitely the time to start collecting hemp genetics (especially non-hybridized landrace varieties) before big corporations get in the game and start diluting the gene pool. I feel that hemp will go legal before cannabis. Good investment for the future. For every one crop of cotton you can grow seven crops of hemp with the same amount of soil erosion and nutrient leaching. It's just a matter of time before conservative thought on the issue becomes non-dogmatic and sees the financial/environmental gain in choosing hemp over cotton (and corn).

As far as I know there are a few counties in Northern California where the herb is legal (medically?...) and there are several high-profile cannabis gardens and botanists.

Also when I went to Venice beach a few weeks ago there was a shop that was advertising to people to get their medical marijuana cards.

This was the shop:

[Image: 6933957739_d9ac335b80_z.jpg]

Marijuana culture is huge here in Cali, and several of my friends toke up quite regularly. I'm real suspicious of smoking any myself because of the various piss tests I'm going to have to take this month and I've heard weed stays in your system for a good 3 weeks [Image: confused.gif]

@TheBlackNarwhal: Medical cannabis is "legal" throughout the entire state of California though different counties implement the law(s) differently. However, the general state guidelines allow for patients to possess up to two ounces at a time with a maximum consumption rate of 6 lbs. per year (two ounces per week). The patient may also cultivate up to 12 plants (6 flowering/6 vegetative). Licenses are easy to obtain.

However, what California (Colorado, Washington, Hawaii and the other 13 medical states) are doing is illegal under Federal law. So, what we are talking about here is how to make legal money on legal products (and services).

With regards to THC staying in your system for three weeks that sounds about right. I would say a bit longer for heavy users smoking a White Widow strain (20% THC) and a bit less for a weekend warrior smoking a 7% Skunk. As you can see there are many variables to consider: weight, metabolism, amount of aerobic activity, diet (fat stores chemical compounds), types and potencies of cannabis ingested, etc. There are many products and services that "clean" urine as well. Some are quite effective.

My "free" advice to you would be that if you don't smoke, don't start. Get high on Game.

If you can build a harvest bot that chops, trims and bags that shit you will be rich.

Quote: (07-09-2013 02:46 PM)w00t Wrote:  

If you can build a harvest bot that chops, trims and bags that shit you will be rich.

That is seriously a good one. Can you see the John Deere model? The "John Dank 420". Might need to be careful here, could be giving away money making ideas for free?

Im also dreaming about a true commercial strain that drops all its leafs at the end of flower and grows only buds that weigh exactly one gram. At the end of its cycle the buds just drop off like apples from a tree.

Marijuana serving trays
[Image: BeFunky_429775_243588789066943_235881503...4846_n.jpg]
Marlboro greens
[Image: weed-cigarettes.jpg]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Quote: (07-09-2013 03:16 PM)w00t Wrote:  

Im also dreaming about a true commercial strain that drops all its leafs at the end of flower and grows only buds that weigh exactly one gram. At the end of its cycle the buds just drop off like apples from a tree.

Ah yes, the stoners dream, something easy... "something for nothing." Unfortunately, Mother Nature has played a trick on "trick" strains. All genetics that have been hybridized and modified for yield, low calex to leaf ratio (i.e., easy to trim), feminized seed, auto flowering characteristics, mold/insect resistant strains, etc. always have a major "Achilles heel." For example, high yielding strains are often subject to mold and the quality of the product in terms of taste and effect is substandard, just what one might expect from a mass produced, factory farmed, "Made in China" type of product. With wine and coffee the best products are from small farms who use the best genetics (i.e. the most fickle and difficult to work with) and hand craft their products with massive amounts of hands on, highly skilled human attention. At the connissuer level of cannabis marketing, which is what will develop in a legal system, the market begins to demand outdoor organic sativas and concentrates. The crème de la crème being Original Haze which grows 20+ feet, is a bitch to grow, yields a half pound (if you are lucky) and doesn't come in until December. A trick strain like Big Bud can yield up to 6 lbs. on a ten foot plant which finishes up in late September but in a legal market it will be difficult to sell Big Bud at a good price because the product is inferior to any and all Haze hybrids and landrace sativas. In a legal market there will be a shift in demand from indoor indicas grown hydroponically in petrochemical fertilizers to outdoor sativas grown in soil using organic fertilizers.

Quote: (07-10-2013 06:53 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

Marijuana serving trays
[Image: BeFunky_429775_243588789066943_235881503...4846_n.jpg]
Marlboro greens
[Image: weed-cigarettes.jpg]

The pre-roll mix box of cigs is a good one no doubt. One of the areas of study is to find specific strains of cannabis like Durban Poison that can be used as a methadone of sorts for alcoholics and cigarette smokers. They breed almost all the THC out of the strain and then mix the cannabis with ultra light organic tobacco. Then the user keeps tweaking the mix until the mix is only 10% tobacco. Eventually they eliminate the tobacco and start using the low level THC cannabis through a vaporizer.

Quote: (07-11-2013 09:11 AM)Purple Urkle Wrote:  

Ah yes, the stoners dream, something easy... "something for nothing." Unfortunately, Mother Nature has played a trick on "trick" strains. All genetics that have been hybridized and modified for yield, low calex to leaf ratio (i.e., easy to trim), feminized seed, auto flowering characteristics, mold/insect resistant strains, etc. always have a major "Achilles heel." For example, high yielding strains are often subject to mold and the quality of the product in terms of taste and effect is substandard, just what one might expect from a mass produced, factory farmed, "Made in China" type of product. With wine and coffee the best products are from small farms who use the best genetics (i.e. the most fickle and difficult to work with) and hand craft their products with massive amounts of hands on, highly skilled human attention. At the connissuer level of cannabis marketing, which is what will develop in a legal system, the market begins to demand outdoor organic sativas and concentrates. The crème de la crème being Original Haze which grows 20+ feet, is a bitch to grow, yields a half pound (if you are lucky) and doesn't come in until December. A trick strain like Big Bud can yield up to 6 lbs. on a ten foot plant which finishes up in late September but in a legal market it will be difficult to sell Big Bud at a good price because the product is inferior to any and all Haze hybrids and landrace sativas. In a legal market there will be a shift in demand from indoor indicas grown hydroponically in petrochemical fertilizers to outdoor sativas grown in soil using organic fertilizers.

well some haze hybrids are pretty good commercial strains too.
big yield, mold resistant, powerfull and good high, good taste, good smell and done in about 10 weeks. cant complain about that. they still dont harvest themselves though [Image: angel.gif]

"Former Microsoft exec Jamen Shively plans to found the Starbucks of pot."

Despite all the microbreweries that have popped up in the last decade, Budweiser still sells a shitload of beer.

For example, high yielding strains are often subject to mold and the quality of the product in terms of taste and effect is substandard, just what one might expect from a mass produced, factory farmed, "Made in China" type of product.

Yeah. M39 is a good example of this. It's shitty and nobody wants it. Simple supply and demand. Any weesh guy with some rockwool can grow it in less than 7 weeks.

Yo Urkle,

What do you think about vaporizers? Safe alternative to smoking? Profitable to sell?

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Quote: (07-30-2013 12:40 AM)Samseau Wrote:  

Yo Urkle,

What do you think about vaporizers? Safe alternative to smoking? Profitable to sell?

Definitely safer. A lot safer. The future too. I can see "Vape Lounges" in the future that parallel the hookah bar concept. The Volcano is a very good vaporizer that sells for about 600 bucks. A very simple device. I imagine they get it made in China for less than 50 bucks a unit. Ten years ago would have been a good time to get in the vaporizer business, but hey, for an RVF'er it's never too late.

this thing is awesome

http://www.ploom.com/pax

Quote: (07-30-2013 07:33 PM)Purple Urkle Wrote:  

Yo Urkle,

Definitely safer. A lot safer. The future too. I can see "Vape Lounges" in the future that parallel the hookah bar concept. The Volcano is a very good vaporizer that sells for about 600 bucks. A very simple device. I imagine they get it made in China for less than 50 bucks a unit. Ten years ago would have been a good time to get in the vaporizer business, but hey, for an RVF'er it's never too late.

No the volcano is manufactured in Germany.

Quote: (07-31-2013 01:32 AM)w00t Wrote:  

Quote: (07-30-2013 07:33 PM)Purple Urkle Wrote:  

Yo Urkle,

No the volcano is manufactured in Germany.

No wonder it works so well. Do you have any idea what the manufacturing costs per unit are? Under 50 euros? Are the parts made in China and then assembled in Germany, or is the entire unit made in Germany?

Good question. I have no idea. I doubt they would import cheap crap from china though, they propably produce their own or get them from german companies. But I really dont know.
I would guess the costs per unit are higher than 50 euros, they are big on quality control and labour cost is very high in Germany.

They still rake in a decent profit of course. I used to promote the volcano on an affiliate site and they were paying 10% commission on every sale without batting an eye.
Unfortunately they closed down their affiliate program.

Its a great device I own two, the Volcano Classic and Digit. But I stopped smoking/vaping so I will propably sell them off.

Here are some pictures of their headquarters Germany

http://www.storz-bickel.com/vaporiser/st...turer.html

Quote: (07-30-2013 11:31 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

this thing is awesome

http://www.ploom.com/pax

Have you tried the ploom? Looks cool, and at 40 bucks I'd be curious to see how it works. I've experienced problems with anything in the vaprizor world that is under $300... especially at the portable level. The cheaper end stuff all seems to have at least one major Achilles heel. Namely, suspect heating systems that seem to burn up more product with less effect. Depending on what you're burning, inefficient vaporization can get real expensive real fast. My experience thus far with vaporizers is you get what you pay for. My recommendations for a portable is the iolite by Jolie ($300+) and for a home unit look no further than The Volcano ($600).