rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Depressed in Los Angeles After a 3 Month Trip in Eastern Europe

I am age 28. I have lived in Los Angeles my entire life. I have taken vacations, but none of this sort – 3 months in eastern Europe – 1 week in each Prague, Vienna, and Romania; 3 weeks in Krakow, Poland; 4 weeks in Budapest, Hungary; 2 weeks in Greek islands. What spurred this trip was the Roosh forums and do not regret it one bit – it kind of changed me. The purpose of the trip was just to be free, experience something new, live while young, travel, meet locals, and simply have a good time. The day of return to Los Angeles, I was disgusted. It was nothing new, but things in Los Angeles we are use to – the norm, but they just stuck out and were more apparent. Now, 2 weeks after return to Los Angeles, I can be clinically diagnosed with Depression.

The first person I see after getting off the 777 plane straight from Istanbul is obese. 3 months in eastern Europe, I saw probably 100 obese people – majority mid-life or elderly. I rarely saw a teenager or somebody in their 20s obese. The young population was tall and thin for the majority. In some parts of Los Angeles, you can see 100 obese people in 5 minutes. Even in Beverly Hills, where people eat better because of excess money, there is so many overweight and obese. It shows how much fast food, frozen food, and processed food people consume here in combination with lack of exercise. That further comes down to bad economy. The more money somebody has, the more likely they are to eat well. They will go to restaurants rather than fast food; they will buy fruits and vegetables instead of frozen pizza. Also, because public transportation systems are fantastic in eastern Europe, people walk more. In Los Angeles, people get in the car from point A to B; thus, less physical activity. What pisses me off the most is that these fast food corporations including McDonalds, Burger King, etc have migrated to eastern Europe. It's fucked up because they have fucked people in America with garbage. In the past 5-10 years, they have expanded to Europe. Eastern Europe is a bunch of tall, thin, and healthy young people; in 10 years they will all be fucked because these American corporations are there now.

We get to the international check in area to provide passports and check luggage, it literally took 1.5 hours from the time we got off the plane till we exited the airport. Los Angeles is so over populated that it's disgusting. Then traveling from Los Angeles Airport to the San Fernando valley (20 miles) took about 1 hour. Driving anywhere takes about 2 to 3 times longer than it should. Rush hour is not 8-10am and 5-7pm anymore; rush hour in Los Angeles is 7am-7pm and it gets worse as years pass.

The next day I go to the car wash. It is at a gas station. I go inside to pay the teller. A girl walks in; she looks Persian and she is driving a $100k SUV. She does not ask the attendant, but demands, “refresh the pump. It does not work. I have a baby in the car.” No please, no thanks, harsh and negative attitude. As she is walking out, in a low voice I say, “fukin persian girls”. 2 African-American guys inside hear me and concur. That would not happen in eastern Europe. People have respect. The way she spoke was like she was above him, better than him. Why? Because she is good looking and rich? Well, she's not rich – the guy she married is. I can go on for hours regarding the negative attitudes of people in Los Angeles; the shady ways; how friends scum each other for money.

Now, getting to the girls.

A few days after returning, I'm kind of dry in the girl dept. My cousin has a girlfriend and we decided to do a double date. I pick them all up and we go to a mutually decided restaurant. We have conversation, getting to know each other. While looking at the menu, I notice that a beer is fucking $9. To myself, I'm just in awe; like “wow”. They buy a beer for $1 at most. Even at a 300 or 400% return, it should be no more than $4. How the fuck are you going to charge $9 for some shit you bought for less than $1? Anyways, I briefly bring up just the fact. “In eastern Europe, beers were about $1.50 and mixed drinks were about $4. It's crazy how it's $9 here.” That's all I said; nothing more, nothing less. Now, I do understand that WE SHOULD NOT TALK ANYTHING ABOUT MONEY ON DATES. Especially, first dates. However, it was my first night out after returning. It was something I noticed. If I was alone with a girl, I wouldn't have said it, but my cousin was there too...so I was kind of telling him about it. After the restaurant, I suggest a bar a few minutes away. My cousin has been dating the girl for a year and the girl I was with, was his girlfriends best friend; so he knew her well. They started having a conversation about somebody I didn't know about. I'm kind of like wtf because I had no way of being a part of the conversation; I didn't know the person or situation being referred to. I said, “since I don't know about the person, can we talk about something else.” They agreed, changed the subject. 5 minutes later, they were speaking about some other friend and situation. I asked, “what is her name?” “what happened”. They answered the name, but basically they were not involving me in the conversation. I tried to be a part so I'm not lame and quiet, but it didn't happen. There was a movie playing, I was watching that while they were talking about some BS drama. The next day, I speak to my cousin. He states, “she didn't like you because she thought you were cheap.” I paid for her dinner even though she put her CC in front of me. I offered her a drink at the bar. She didn't order. I poured her ½ of mine. Just by one statement I made, I am cheap. Please note: she is a 22yo Persian girl. I'd rate her a 7.5. I later spoke to one of my girl friends who knew her. She said, “that's funny that she thinks you're cheap because she is so cheap herself. Her family is suing their relatives over something.” Money, filth, and disgust is all that comes to my mind. I will move on...

I go out the next Saturday night to the Library Bar at the Redbury hotel. A pretty chill place with a good amount of girls on Fri/Sat evenings BTW. I popped 3 Xanax, so I'm chillen. This girl initiates me and seems to have a super cool personality, so I end up spending the night speaking to her. She was probably a 6. She is somewhat attractive, but not a girl I want to spend to much time on. Just to fuck and bounce. She tells me shes Iraqi and starts busting out religion talk. I tell her the truth and say I'm not religious and that I'm agnostic. We talk the next day and she gives me all this BS that she is Jewish blah blah. Our first date goes well. Our 2nd date, she pretty much tells me no sexual stuff below the neck until it's bf/gf status. So pretty much I'm stuck with a 6 who is not even super attractive plus doesn't even want to fuk until I spend probably 1.5 months developing it. WTF????? After contemplating the next day, I realize I'm sick of my guy friends in LA anyways and I'm down to kik it with somebody new a couple days per week, so why not? And eventually I'll fuck her. Only in LA will you meet 5s and 6s who won't even give it up. In eastern Europe, you'll rarely meet a 6 and if you do, you're fucking on the first or second date. So currently, I have this girl that I'm going to hang out with once or twice a week until it happens; a girl in Temecula that I'll go to fuck once every couple weeks; while I find a 8 or 9 who I plan to focus on.

Now the reason guys in Los Angeles are wak as well:
I go to Vegas the next weekend and I fuck Irish/German girl from Temecula. She calls me 2 days later saying shes coming to LA. I say I'm down to hang out thinking I'm just going to fuck. Then, she tells me she is bringing a friend along, so I should bring one of my friends. Here is why I hate my friends in LA. (My next mission is hopefully find some new LA friends on Roosh because I am sick and tired of my LA friends.) I hit up my LA friend; a Persian Jewish guy born and raised in Beverly Hills who probably has $500k in his bank account from his parents wealth. I tell him the situation. First thing, “who are these girls? Are we going to have to take them to dinner because I don't want to pay for them. I need to see a picture of the girl.” I'm like, “dude, these girls are coming to LA, they just want to hang out. It's not a big deal. It's not a double date. We're just going to hang out for a bit. I don't want to ask for a picture cuz we're just going to hang out.” But being the Beverly Hills fuck that he is, everything has to be perfect and his way. So now I'm making myself look bad asking the girl for a picture of her friend. After an hour of convincing this piece of shit guy to hang out....I”M HOOKING UP THE MOTHER FUCKER and HE HAS TO BE CONVINCED. These guys are just too uptight and not chill or go with the flow type of people. We meet up and his girl is a 8. Shes 22yo, 5'8”, thin, with some Ds. I'm like “fuck, I want to be with that girl.” Anyways, we have a good time. The aftermath is even more horrendous. He calls me same night after drop off and says, “don't tell them I'm the guy who asked for her picture. Say it's another guy”. Another call same night, “hey, when are you going to Temecula, to hang out. I want to come. Another call the next day, “hey, whats your girls facebook? I want to find my girls facebook and look at her pictures and friends.” Basically, that's it. I shortened it a bunch. I'm basically at the point that I regret taking this guy with me and hooking him up. He wants to go hook up with the girl, but wants me to drive him there. He wants to find her facebook to look at her friends. WHY MOTHER FUCKER? SHUT THE FUCK UP BITCH!!!! Just plain annoying.

Anyways, after 2 weeks here:
1) I'm sick of the girls. They are not as attractive. The ones who are attractive want guys with super status and wealth. The ones who are okay looking, still put up BS. In eastern Europe, there are straight up more girls than guys (the places I've been). The girls are tall and thin. The girls give hints when interested. The eye fuck eye. When you approach, they talk and recipricate conversation.
2) I need to find some new guy friends. Any guys in LA on Roosh, I beg you, please be friends with me. I'm a chill dude. I just want to hit up bars and hollar and chill. That's all. No BS.

BTW, sorry about grammatical errors. I typed this quickly without proof reading. Also, I could have wrote a book about the differences, but wanted to keep it short.

I get depressed after one day in Eastern Europe having to return to Germany for work I can only imagine how any stay in this place more than one week can spoil one completely.With the real thing on the border side the life seems completely empty.

My suggestion would to be to harness how you are feeling, and use your frustration as impetus to initiate plans which will allow you to gain financial, and consequently geographical freedom. Rather than becoming overwhelmed with depression, use it as a creative force to spur you onwards to change your situation.

Whatever you need to do - go back to college to study something, like IT, which you can do anywhere in the world. Plan an online business. There are a ton of ways these days to make something happen, put some wheels in motion.

I started 10 months ago, and in another 6 months I'll have retired from full time work. From conception to fruition in 18 months, it's possible.

When I first saw this title I thought it was gonna be from Neil Skywalker.

Good post man.

This happens a lot after you come back from a long trip, hell even a short trip. I studied abroad twice in college and both times when I returned I was depressed as hell.

Its like two days ago I was in Madrid having the time of my life speaking Spanish to local girls and talking about all sorts of cool stuff and now I am in line at Walmart disgusted with everybody I see and just wanting to get on a plane to go back.

It gets better with time, or should I say you forget the vibe you had when you were abroad. Not saying this is good thing. It's only going to get worse. This country is in a complete death spiral so I would just figure out a way to get the hell out.

Carmo

I get depressed when I see an American girl while in Eastern Europe.

I'm not saying that Los Angeles is horrible. There is a ton of people from eastern Europe that want to come to Los Angeles. Because eastern Europe is a little more primitive and they do not make sufficient money for luxuries. People want to come here to have opportunities and live the American dream. And yes, there is ton'age of girls here. Lots of girls with great personalities and good looks, but the logistics make everything a bitch.

In terms of money, I was making $15k profit per month before I left. I was at my prime with the niche I had going and left the country right in the middle. Now my niche is kind of dead, so not making any money either.

I'm definitely going to leave the country again. I plan is to take a 2-3 month trip every 9-12 months. I will be going to eastern Europe again and plans to go to South America, most likely Brazil...as soon as I find somebody to go with.

OP; don't underestimate jet lag, it's 10 hour time diff from EE to Cali.
It can take over a week or more to feel better especially when you're not happy about your location. Travelling freely if you don't have independent income is a _vacation_ not a lifestyle. You're feeling the pain of facing the fact you don't have money.

Welcome to the club. Start saving money or developing a location independent income and depending on how wisely you invest eventually you will not have to be where you don't want to be.

You sound irritable, and that can be a symptom of depression especially in men-- that is why generally young men who look at themselves as "strong" emotionally don't allow themselves to admit, even to themselves, that they're just plain sad or lonely-- they experience the discomfort as anger, which it is acceptable for a "strong" guy to feel.
There's a lot of economic reasons restaurants charge a ton for beers in SoCal, that's just the ecology of the place, if you don't have the means to get out you're just frustrating yourself by complaining about stuff that will not change.

I had a few great trips to EE, realized it was way better to hunt there than in USA. It took me a full 5 years of living in shithole parts of the USA where work was to save up enough to get a very small passive income.

Don't thrash around complaining about stuff you can't change-- american obesity etc, use your energy towards action changing your situation or accepting what is around you.

It's interesting. The couple days after I returned to LA, I was eyeing all these girls; my head held high. I hollared at the cashier at Zara, my waitress at a hookah spot, any many others. The conversation of girls here: Me, "hey, (compliment), how are you doing?" Response "good". No reciprocation, making it difficult to get to know them or make something happen. In eastern Europe, THEY WOULD EYE ME. There response to my initiation: "good, how are you doing, what's your name". Now, I don't eye girls anymore because I'm almost intimidated of them. I just look the other way.

Quote: (06-29-2013 04:47 PM)AmateurGame Wrote:  

It's interesting. The couple days after I returned to LA,

The conversation of girls here: Me, "hey, (compliment), how are you doing?" Response "good". No reciprocation, making it difficult to get to know them or make something happen.

A lot of times I feel this way in the USA, why expend so much effort when people are so reserved?

I think the answer might be full direct frontal assault game.

Take 5 seconds and find out if she is an adventuress or not.

I just don't have the balls right now to just get blown out in 5 seconds.

I don't know why, but I want to kick your friend in the teeth. Way too much whining and crying about stuff that would make him look 'bad' or inconvenience him.

I'm in LA too, in the SGV. I stopped caring about going out. I just drink and read books and lift weights when I have free time on the weekend.

After spending almost a year in South America, American girls repulse me. Not only just when it comes to hooking up or dating, but work and just going out and having to listen to them. Seriously, I want to give away a good 10 bitch slaps daily to these self entitled hos. Now I'm stuck in middle America, and need to get the fuck out.

Yesterday it took everything in my power not to bitch slap the girl I work with. I'm somewhat new and had my first day off request and wrote it in the wrong section. I have to drive a couple hours to visit my family and get my car, which I've been waiting a month and a half to get. I had already rent a hotel room and can't get the money back. Yeah it was my fault that I didn't so the request right, so I didn't get my days off, but the girl I work with has every weekend off so I ask her to switch days with me. She says, "I can't I have my kids that day." The dumb twat is 25 with two kids from two different baby daddies, both of whom are major fuck ups, yet she sucks so bad at life that the dads actually have custody. She then goes on to say that if she can get the fourth off she would switch me. A lot of good that does when I have to work that evening. Not to mention she can't work because she had her kids, UNLESS she can have the fourth off to get faded. This bitch gets every sat and sun off and my boss thinks it's because her kids, when in reality if you look at her Facebook Sunday morning it's all pictured of her getting hammered and being a slut. Damn, even thinking about it makes me want to bitch slap the earth into oblivion. How did American girls become such intolerable cunts?

I can relate. I felt similar to this after I came back from South America.

On the plus side, I've saved a ton of money since that trip by not bothering to go out to bars and wasting my money! lol

Anyway, hang in there and find something else to channel your energy into. Plan your next trip. Take your mind off LA and its inhabitants.

As someone said..returning back to the US after multiple trips abroad gets easier in a sense, but it also gets worse in a sense too. I remember getting sick the days I returned home from Brazil two weeks ago as I physically missed the presence of beautiful Brazilian women everywhere that spoke no English, lol. But I'd say maybe taking IT, language, or whatever classes will be a a good way to hone your skills not to mention it makes time fly faster. You could also meet some really cool peeps in those courses as well.

I will have to disagree that fast food is making people obese. You could have two one dollar menu items for lunch at McDonald's like a McChicken and a McDouble while not getting fat. Heck I lost weight that way. Is it healthy though? Hell no.

But it's still not as fattening as getting a combo meal with a large portion of empty calorie fries or eating at chain restaurants like Applebee's or Chili's where the ingredients are denser not to mention portions much larger. You never know what kind of grease that are putting into fine dining restaurants as well as I remember myself getting heftier after NYC Restaurant week during a business trip despite walking for ages & doing full workouts everyday.

I too like my city back at home, but I'm ready to just leave my industry behind while moving abroad to pursue other goals while setting myself up for better leads upon returning back to the US as well.

Yea I'd get depressed too, I have actually but on my return from shorter trip. You come back thinking "I can make the best of it, what with what I've learned and what I have to offer." Big mistake as you come back and realize it's just a shit sandwich that you'll be getting when you get to the states. Even family is a little more angrier/indifferent to you and each other, that's my experience anyway. I think everyone in the states is getting so narcissistic, so self absorbed that you might as well pack your bags and leave for good. Might be the best decision you'll make in your life at this point.

Southern California might have the most overrated girls on the planet. Guys here think almost any girl with a thin body is hot while hardly any “10s” here would stand out in EE or other parts of Europe. While LA does have some very attractive girls, it has way more who are absolutely repulsive – the kind you don’t even see in Europe. Moreover, the culture here dictates that the men are the ones who compete for the women, while in EE, it's the women who compete for men. Just forget about all the feminists talking about “mail order brides” for “losers.” When it comes to getting high-quality girls outside of your social circle in the US, good-looking guys struggle, rich guys struggle, popular guys struggle, and athletic guys struggle. If we want to get laid regularly, we can’t really start getting picky about what we want in a girl. Don’t ever take your failures to heart here because it’s not your fault. There’s really nothing you can do about it, so take advantage of this knowledge you have of your pussy paradise for lengthy vacations and live happy, even while in LA.

Amateur Game, you make serious bankroll. You would have to put substantially more effort into making that kind of money in EE. In the West, it requires little effort to have a comfortable life, but a lot of effort to get a quality girl. Outside the West, it requires little effort to find a quality girl, but a lot of effort to have a comfortable life. Between the two, I’d say you’re best off making/saving money and traveling overseas for as long as possible. There seem to be a lot more men leaving EE than there are men leaving the US, though that could also be due to American ignorance of women overseas since practically every American girl seems to be able to land a husband.

If EE were a great place to live, girls would potentially become comfortable having bad attitudes like in the Anglosphere. Men generally don’t know about how much better EE women are and don’t bother actually traveling to these areas with the intent of dating. Americans generally don’t travel to exotic places – not that they have the vacation time to do so anyway. While you’re in the US, consider primarily seeking out really sweet-looking girls for those high-quality personalities.

I had never been bitter about girls until I traveled overseas as a single adult, and now I’ve let myself often become very negative and miserable, which doesn’t help my life at all. There are great people here who deserve to be treated well and there’s no reason we should let negativity consume us.

once you've experienced girls in the holy trinity (EE, S america, asia), you return to north america and see the girls for the entitled cunts they are. There might be 1 girl per 100 who is cool but what an effort to sift through all the trash.

once you've experienced girls in the holy trinity (EE, S america, asia), you return to north america and see the girls for the entitled cunts they are. There might be 1 girl per 100 who is cool but what an effort to sift through all the trash.

Yeah that's the thing. It's not like there aren't cool girls in the states, but the numbers are do low that it's a headache trying to find them. Even so, I have some girls in my rotation who are "cool" but not what is look for in a partner. They all act too masculine IMO. I crack up cause dudes at work will see me with a girl and tell me how hot she is. Most dudes would hop right into a relationship, but for me they are just another bang, even if they are hot, they don't act the way a women should act in my opinion. Hell, I can cook better than any of them.

AG, you are at the point in your game where you realize possibilities but they are just out of reach. An example of why you are frustrated is playing into your friends frame who wants the photo. Your answer should be something along the lines of "bro, you can come or fuck off and stay at home, I'm not asking for a photo like we're on a dating show".

HE can take it or leave it just like these girls.

I sympathize with you about LA. It sucks the way people there are in general. The good news is there are some very cool people also. Get ahold of Slubu, thedude3737, and other guys on the forum.

Listen to me, forget the negative part of LA or you will DROWN.

You know that's a city where if you aren't being productive and focusing on the positive you are going to be miserable.

Eastern Europe is gone for now, but it lives on in your memories and heart, learn to appreciate those good times and apply the lessons of enjoying life to your current situation.

Fuck those girls calling you cheap, and stop going out with Persian bitches. I suspect you are Persian to so you know better. Go find some different chicks. Hell take out some low class Latinas just to mix it up.

Anyway welcome to the forum. In another month of work your game will have evolved and you'll be laughing at the things that are holding you back now.

Amen. Fisto, you back in Vegas yet? I was there last weekend. Probably going to roll back through next weekend or some time soon.

I spoke to Slubu. He somewhere in eastern Europe fuking some Ukrainians. Probably going to meet up with speakeasy soon. Will get a hold of thedude3737. Trying to minimize hanging out with these Beverly Hills Persian guys. I'm trying to spend time with guys who hollar more, have good game so I can learn a bit; and simply guys who just go out to have a good time.

Last night, I roll to a restaurant with another one of these Persian guys. He keeps talking about this one girl sitting 2 tables down - she was a clean 8.5. Good taste, but it took me literally 15 minutes to convince him to approach. I'm like wtf.

Quote: (06-29-2013 10:57 PM)AmateurGame Wrote:  

Amen. Fisto, you back in Vegas yet? I was there last weekend. Probably going to roll back through next weekend or some time soon.

I spoke to Slubu. He somewhere in eastern Europe fuking some Ukrainians. Probably going to meet up with speakeasy soon. Will get a hold of thedude3737. Trying to minimize hanging out with these Beverly Hills Persian guys. I'm trying to spend time with guys who hollar more, have good game so I can learn a bit; and simply guys who just go out to have a good time.

Last night, I roll to a restaurant with another one of these Persian guys. He keeps talking about this one girl sitting 2 tables down - she was a clean 8.5. Good taste, but it took me literally 15 minutes to convince him to approach. I'm like wtf.

Sounds like you need to separate yourself from all these Persians! LOL

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

I second Fisto’s suggestion to search for poor Mexicans.

They’re the easiest ones in SoCal.

Quote: (06-29-2013 06:20 PM)A War You Cannot Win Wrote:  

I don't know why, but I want to kick your friend in the teeth. Way too much whining and crying about stuff that would make him look 'bad' or inconvenience him.

I'm in LA too, in the SGV. I stopped caring about going out. I just drink and read books and lift weights when I have free time on the weekend.

It must really be a war you cannot win.