rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

100 Approach Study: Exeter
00 Approach Study: Exeter
Ok, so I'm starting this thread after what was (hopefully) my gaming nadir, when a seriously hot 19 year old blonde girl who was exactly my type approached me on the bus and I fucked it up because I was too nervous and in awe of her. Anyway, I'm hoping to achieve 100 approaches before September with a combination of day and night game, and would appreciate any feedback/ advice.
Starting stats:
Age-16
Starting notch count- 2 (both from parties)
Height/ weight- 6'1 and 190lbs
Looks: My face is around a 7 (It's probably not going to get me laid, but I think I'm good looking), and I'm in good shape ( 16.5 inch arms when pumped, body generally in proportion, and a low enough b.f. to have visible abs without tensing and a good six pack when flexing moderately). I have to wear a suit for school (not uniform), so all of my after school approaches are probably going to be somewhat governed by whether or not the girl likes guys in suits/ is fooled into thinking that I'm at least 19/ 20 and thus can pull off the suited look.
Game Level: Very much a beginner, I need to reduce my approach anxiety, not be so worried about talking to really hot girls and work on keeping conversations going. Basically I think that my relative lack of success with girls proves that fairly good looks and a very good body (relative to age/ competition) are nothing without strong game and I hope to remedy this, through 100 approaches.
Do you have an ID, or do you plan on daygaming exclusively?
I have an ID, but its more useful for buying drinks than getting into clubs, so I think that it'll be day game apart from parties and concerts.
Anyway, I've done 3 approaches so far:
#1: I was at a university open day and spotted a bangable undergrad walking around on her own, when most other people had already left for summer.
I opened her with: "Hey, do you know the way to the main forum"
She replied "yeah it this way (points)"
I asked her why she was still here when almost all of the other students had already left and she said that she was working for the university for a month over summer (doing tours etc.) to make money for next year.
I smiled and said "yeah, I'm worried about running out of money here and especially wasting money on nights out. What's the nightlife like?"
She didn't reply with much enthusiasm, and I could tell I was losing her, so I ejected and said I had to go.
#2: I was in McDonalds and didnt want anything to eat, so was just waiting whilst my friends were ordering. There was a suprisingly high quantity of bangable, skinny hipster girls in there, but I was having some approach anxiety. Anyway, I got up to stretch my legs an saw a decent girl sipping a smoothie and on an impulse approached:
"Haha that looks good, espescially on a really hot day like today".
"Yeah it is"
"Can I have some?"
She let me have it, even though I was slightly unconvincing when asking.
After that I asked her what she was doing, and she said she was with friends. I asked if they wanted to come to the park with me and my friends, but she said they were going shopping.
I got her number by handing her my phone and saying "ok then, I'll speak to you later" and left.
#3: I was at the park with my friends, sunbathing topless and I saw some girls looking at me when I went for a walk. There were three of them so I didnt want to approach on my own and got one of my friends to come. I smiled and asked whether they were spanish, (my city gets a lot of spanish exchange students and I thought they looked foreign). They replied that they were and asked how we knew, to which I replied that they looked spanish. My friend wasn't really saying anything and I wasn't sure how much of what I said they could understand, but I persisted and asked how long they were here for. I caught one of them glancing at my chest as soon as I finished but didnt really know what to say, so I just caught her eye and winked. I was interested in this girl, but there were still her two friends and my friend there, so I said that I had to go and gave her my number. I might google translate something into spanish saying "meet up on saturday" and text it to her.
I just tried to call girl #2 to organise something (as forum members suggest) and she didn't pick up. I'll try again but I don't have high hopes.
Quote: (06-20-2013 04:10 PM)Cyr Wrote:  

I caught one of them glancing at my chest as soon as I finished but didnt really know what to say, so I just caught her eye and winked.

Lol, nice
Quote: (06-20-2013 04:17 PM)Cyr Wrote:  

I just tried to call girl #2 to organise something (as forum members suggest) and she didn't pick up. I'll try again but I don't have high hopes.

If your interaction is very quick, which it sounds like yours was, then just text the girl. Save the calling for the girls you have long conversations with and really hit it off with.
Thought you were talking about the school in NH. My first hook up was there during a summer session never forget it.

Keep this up.
Quote: (06-20-2013 03:44 PM)Cyr Wrote:  

1) I asked her why she was still here when almost all of the other students had already left and she said that she was working for the university for a month over summer (doing tours etc.) to make money for next year.
I smiled and said "2.) yeah, I'm worried about running out of money here and especially wasting money on nights out. What's the 3) nightlife like?"......

I think you did excellent!!

1) You asked a question about her and got a pretty detailed answer showing interest
2) You found a commonality.

NOW FOR BIASED SPECULATION ...
3) Here IDK I think it might have been better to ask a broader question than about "nightlife". I find the upper-middle class and above sometimes interprets "nightlife" to be real alcohol centered. I don't like bars/clubs , so if she's not too into that it might not be good.

Maybe something about nice places to, are there mountains , rivers etc you might get a nicer girl if that's what you want.

Sounds like you're YoungTallCool which is what they want, but if you're coming off too much like a barfly cad right away it might be intimidating.

IF you look a lot better than average, you might have to add some flattery to soften yourself up for them, so they don't feel like "Wow, he's really cute I'm going to be just another notch with him."
Good job especially on number 3, getting your friend to tag along as a wing and being confident in your stance and picking up on the girl's sexuality (winking at her).

You are wise to learn at a young age that height and muscle really only may get a foot in the door. I am tall (6'4"), good shape and guys over my life always tell me (that don't have game) how pussy must just line up magically when I am anywhere in public. Best you will get is some better IOI's, but you still need to be damn swift in picking them up, approaching the girl, and being smoothe and sociable.

No matter how much you work out or what great shape you get into, game and everything that goes along with it will always be much more important the vast majority of the time in getting bangs.

Also I believe guys with a face that is a 8 or 9 and in ok shape and ok height, clean up way more based on their looks than do guys that are taller and in better shape with a 5-7 face no doubt in my mind.

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems
Approach #4:
I was at the bus stop after school and approached a cute thin girl 6.5. I opened by asking her if I'd missed the bus to (where I live). She said no, but seemed interested, so I asked of she was getting the same bus. Unfortunately, she wasn't, so I had to try and speed things up. I asked if she was going to any festivals this summer and she said she was going to Boardmasters (which I'm going to). Anyway, I dropped small bait by saying that I went last year, and I think she was going to ask about how it was, but the bus came. I didn't get her number.
Just got back from a pool party, where I made out with a 6/7 (ok face, big tits, slimmish waist). Anyway it was going really well and I probably would have gotten the lay, but when I was making out with her, I pinched her stomach teasingly and called her chubby. Needless to say, she didn't like that and immediately left to bitch about me with her friends. I'm not sure whether to facebook her an apology or something, because even though I did nothing wrong, I want to stay on good terms so that I get invited to her friends party's. I've done a few more approaches over the last couple of days, which I'll post tommorow.
hahah wooow bro, youre fantastic, you should remember to not really say anything about her looks before you get the bang, its important so she will think your more into her " personality" instead of being just a perverted fuck. Btw im 16 too, loool i thought i was one of the youngest ones around here
Quote: (06-29-2013 08:23 PM)Cyr Wrote:  

Just got back from a pool party, where I made out with a 6/7 (ok face, big tits, slimmish waist). Anyway it was going really well and I probably would have gotten the lay, but when I was making out with her, I pinched her stomach teasingly and called her chubby. Needless to say, she didn't like that and immediately left to bitch about me with her friends. I'm not sure whether to facebook her an apology or something, because even though I did nothing wrong, I want to stay on good terms so that I get invited to her friends party's. I've done a few more approaches over the last couple of days, which I'll post tommorow.

haha nice job. I wouldn't sweat it with this slight fatty. U should have kept your mouth shut re her weight (was that a 'neg'?)) and it came back to haunt u, but don't call and apologize. Keep your frame strong and just brush it off. I think by apologizing you admit weakness and that u did something wrong. Screw that - that's exactly what these ridiculous feminists and female-dominated culture want (to basically have you on pins and needles worrying about offending a woman when many times it's exactly the dose of reality they need in order to get out of their insane Western bubble-mentality)). A cooler, more confident girl would have joked about weight gain herself not gotten upset about a little comment u made in the heat of the moment. Also sounds like she'll balloon over the next few years if she's already overweight.

2015 RVF fantasy football champion
Firstly I just want to apologise for being so slow on writing up approaches. I've been busy so haven't approached much and haven't written up all of the approaches I have done.
I know that it would have been stupid to apologise, and realised that as soon as I woke up the next morning, but I was still drunk when I started the thread. I certainly wasn't trying to neg her, I mean I didn't even really need game at that point as she was very interested in me and I probably could have gotten the lay if I'd kept my mouth shut. I thought it was just innocent banter, and didn't expect her to be so self conscious and get annoyed. All well it doesn't matter, hopefully I'll get other opportunities this summer.
What if you start an approach, and it ends abruptly. Say she ignores you, or turns down a street and you lose her. If all you did was say "excuse me" , do you count that towards your 100?

Take care of those titties for me.
yes. it takes huge amount of courage to approach a random chick during day time. (Vs 'hey' at a bar scene is a lot easier)
A lot of people don't even do it once till they die.....

IMO, you should count it.

Quote: (07-03-2013 08:43 PM)Dusty Wrote:  

What if you start an approach, and it
ends abruptly. Say she ignores you, or turns down a street and you lose her. If all you did was say "excuse me" , do you count that towards your 100?
I'm not sure whether or not to count those. Ive had a few of those so far, which I haven't written up. I'll post them tommorow.
Also I definitely agree that its very difficult to approach during the day compared to at night. Not only do you have more approach anxiety, but I also find it more difficult to run good game sober/ on the street. After all, people aren't expecting to be picked up so its harder to be direct and confident.
Quote: (07-04-2013 04:49 PM)Cyr Wrote:  

I'm not sure whether or not to count those. Ive had a few of those so far, which I haven't written up. I'll post them tommorow.
Also I definitely agree that its very difficult to approach during the day compared to at night. Not only do you have more approach anxiety, but I also find it more difficult to run good game sober/ on the street. After all, people aren't expecting to be picked up so its harder to be direct and confident.

haha, where I live, chicks barely drink at night, so even past midnight you gotta be in an almost day-mode
I've done a bunch of approaches since I lasted posted and went too long without writing them down, so I won't do them all. Anyway approach #5:
I was at the oxford open day and got my first out and out rejection. There was a foreign girl, who looked middle eastern but was quite pale. She was with friends whom I didn't see. I approached her and asked her if she knew the way to trinity college and she said no in an English accent. Her friends sniggered and they all walked off.
Approach #6: (2 weeks ago)
Also at Oxford, I saw a thin girl probably a 7.5 walking on her own. I asked her if she was here for an open day or was an undergraduate. She smiled and said she was an undergraduate. I was a bit nervous and felt slightly out of my league, but I asked what she thought of the university. I think my nervousness shone through though because she politely told that it was nice but didn't seem too interested. I kept the conversation going by asking what college she was in, but I didn't really see the point in going the wrong way to my destination just to keep speaking with her, so I said I had to go. She was American and very thin, so I guess the negative stereotypes don't always hold.
Approach #7:
I approached a few girls at the bus station whilst quite drunk. They were slightly jokey, so I won't count them all. Here's one example. I see a girl on her own waiting in the queue for a bus next to mine. I really wanted to approach, but wasn't sure what to say. I didn't want to pass up the opportunity. I saw that she had a hollisterbag with her, so I turned to my friend and said "man, I really hate Hollister. Their clothes are so overpriced, I don't see why anyone would shop there". She didn't take the bait, so I had to turn to her and acted like I was including her in the argument. "Why do you shop there". She seemed surprised for me to be speaking to her and asked "who me". At that point I could tell she would be unreceptive/ I had used poor game. I nodded and said "well don't you have a Hollister bag?". She replied with "yeah I guess it's cool and has a good fit", then turned away and started texting. Takeaway is don't ask teenage girls to think, as they'll lose interest.
My biggest takeaway so far has been how good cold approaching is. Only six months ago I was even nervous around girls at school, but learning about game has been extremely helpful. In doing about 20 approaches (I left it too late and forgot how a lot of them went), a lot of my approach anxiety has gone away. This has even improved in the last week. Things that have helped are:
#1 Just start doing approaches. Although the first few are difficult, this shows how nothing really bad will happen from approaching and that girls are generally polite/ enjoy it.
#2 Once you have started doing approaches, watch your friends (who are thought of as 'players' because they do a lot of texting) rationalise. Most guys will follow literally any train of thought to talk themselves out of approaching. If you observe this, you realise how weak it is and it makes you more determined not to be like that.
#3 When you are in a confident mood do as many approaches as possible. For example today it was sunny, I was having a good time, and so I did 4 approaches in about 2 hours. (I'll list them below). This helps you build up momentum and also makes you more confident going forward as you have more experience and begin to become accustomed to approaching girls whenever you see bangable ones.
#4 Try to do vitalyzd style challenges. I'll list a few that I did today below. This helps you become a naturally more confident person and when you see how positive people react to really forward things, you understand that approaching isn't a big deal.

Approaches that I did today:
Approach #8:
I was at a park today with friends and saw a girl on her own reading a book. I asked what she thought of it, and said that I had read it. (I have). I don't think she believed me, as she laughed and said "really?". I told her the main story and she admitted I had read it. "Haha I guess you have read it, sorry". I thought about saying something really cheesy like "don't judge a book by its cover" but I pussyed out and just said "yeah I have. Do you go to exeter college?". She said "yeah, so does my boyfriend". This was annoying, so I just said "cool" and walked off.
Approach #9:
Saw a bunch of Spanish girls again today. (For some reason Exeter gets tons of exchange students). I approached a group of them with a friend, whilst topless. I had to open and asked "do you speak English" in English. (I really need to learn a little Spanish). That got all four of them smiling and they said "yes a little". I quickly realised that "a little" meant almost none, as my friend tried to start a conversation with one and she just smiled and said something in Spanish. I wasn't sure what to do and I saw some of the exchange teachers zooming in, so I said "ok then see you around" and walked off.
Points I've picked up so far:
I need to be better at keeping conversations going and getting numbers/ organising dates after the initial approach. At the moment I am just getting a great high from approaching and after I approach, am still proud of myself rather than trying to game.
I need to become more comfortable around higher level talent (the reason I started the thread). I can keep conversations going and approach 6's and 7's but its hard to maintain the abundance mentality when there are so few really hot girls around. I guess I just need to approach more hot girls.
Challenges I did today:
There was this soldier type guy who opened a pack of orange juice and my friends dared me to go ask him if I could have some. I walked over and asked "mate can I have some?". He was very surprised and laughed saying "don't you have anything to drink?". I said "nah I'm thirsty give me a bit", and for some reason he let me have some. None of my friends expected me to do it, and they were all surprised at how confident I was. Having a reputation for being confident is good as it makes you even more confident etc.
There was a group of Spanish girls on the green (not the ones I earlier approached) and I was dared to go topless, put my arms around two and ask "do you want some British meat?". I really didn't want to do it, and this made me want to do it even more as it showed it would help me be more confident. Anyway, I did do it on impulse (albeit laughing slightly towards the end) and this was a good achievement considering I was stone sober. However less ideal was the fact that the teacher (who was English) started getting really angry at me and said it was disrespectful. At that time I was still enjoying the buzz from doing something that stupid/ something that needed balls and pretty much ignored him. To be honest, I really think that all new/ young players should do something like this, because even though its obviously poor game it really helps you become more confident and helps you to force yourself out of rationalisation. Before you can succeed in game you must have strong confidence and not be afraid of failure which is something I'm working towards. At the moment I'm still not that confident around hot girls but, I love doing stupid shit like photo bombing and trolling strangers (see above) so I need to incorporate that into my game.
I have done a lot more approaches but forgotten most of them. (I really need to update this more often).
Approach #10:
I was at the airport and saw a girl sitting on her own at one of the waiting lounges looking bored. I said "jetlagged?" and laughed. She said not really, just tired. I replied with "yeah I know, waiting around here is killing me" but tried not to seem too serious. She muttered "airports suck", but seemed grumpy. I asked her where she was going and it wasnt the same as me. At thiis point I was getting bored, so I made an excuse and left.
When I arrived in the USA, I saw some amusing game from this black guy. This really tall (maybe 6'6 ) and lanky, lighter skinned black guy approached an old (45ish) American woman in the queue at arrivals. He opened by asking if she was french and she literally beamed. I think that this is a good opener on people who look like they take themselves seriously as it makes them feel cultured. Anyway she was very happy and started talking about how she went to paris, claiming it was 'magical'. The black guy was losing interest and said see you around and the american woman replied with "absolutely, I'll have my eye on you" then winked. She was so desperate, I felt bad for her. This really highlighted the way that 'older woman' aren't more desirable, rather they are incredibly aware of their own low sexual value and will take any opportunity they can get.
You're doing a great job man, keep going and good luck!
Quote: (07-09-2013 06:14 PM)Cyr Wrote:  

Saw a bunch of Spanish girls again today. (For some reason Exeter gets tons of exchange students). I approached a group of them with a friend, whilst topless. I had to open and asked "do you speak English" in English. (I really need to learn a little Spanish). That got all four of them smiling and they said "yes a little". I quickly realised that "a little" meant almost none, as my friend tried to start a conversation with one and she just smiled and said something in Spanish. I wasn't sure what to do and I saw some of the exchange teachers zooming in, so I said "ok then see you around" and walked off.

Learning a few phrases in Spanish, or any language, is good, esp. if you have a large population at your school. Shit, these four lines could work to get you some numbers and insta-dates:

Qué pasa tia? - What's up girl? ("tia" is very typical Spaniard slang. They'll probably giggle that you speak this way)
Dame tu cel - Give me your phone number
Vamos a tomar algo - Let's go have a drink
Quiero practicar mi español - I want to practice my Spanish

Also, just lead the interaction, use hand motions, and bring them somewhere. Even if you can't remember how to say "do you want a drink?" Just pantomime having a drink and wave them towards a bar.
I was in America for two weeks, and did very few approaches. Part of this was because I was always with my family, so it was difficult to get space and do them. Also, we stayed at my uncle's and didn't go out much, so I didn't have a huge amount of opportunity. (Of course the fact that there were no parties/ drinking, and no night game didn't help).
Anyway I went to a pool party two nights ago, (in England), and it didn't go too well. None of my approaches went anywhere and all of the girls were more interested in 'having fun' than hooking up. Furthermore I think I was giving off a bad vibe. This is because I'd hyped it up in my mind and thought that I'd likely get laid, so when I didn't immediately start working with a girl, I was disappointed and lost heart. Although it depends on the girl, I think that they often really don't care too much about physique. For example at the pool party, I was one of the only people who lifts weight, and relative to the competition looked very good. Drunk guys would ask me what my secret is, or (and I quote): "mate you're shredded haha, I dream about looking like that". However, none of the girls I approached were particularly receptive, and I didn't get any compliments from girls, which I normally do at parties/ the beach. A good physique probably helps, but shouldn't be used to make up for lack of approaches, vibe. I think that (considering everyone else there was pretty out of shape), I was hoping girls would approach me, which is nothing to rely on.
Moving forward, I hope to do one/ two approaches a day for the rest of August, because I've been going so slowly that my game isn't really benefitting.
Also, I can vouch for the fact that bespoke suit definitely make you look a lot better. I was staying with my uncle, and for the whole holiday he wore loose fitting t-shirts or polis. However, on the last night my whole family went out to a fancy dinner and he wore a custom brioni suit. I was genuinely shocked by how much it upgrades your appearance. The experience also illustrated the importance of powerful friends for me. He's very good friends with the manager of the New York brioni store, and gets a few free suits, and about ten free ties every year from there. (Some are last year's unsold stock and some are new, but that's still like 40,000 dollars of merchandise for free). Of course, he also spends a lot of money in the store, but this highlights the importance of having cool places on lock.