rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Map shows most and least racist countries

http://elitedaily.com/news/world/this-ma...the-world/

[Image: article-2325502-19D0189E000005DC-313_634x274_popup.jpg]

I believe this might be a dupe - pretty sure Caligula posted this in the Forum lounge.

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

Why is India so fucked up? It seems anything negative those dudes are on top.

Quote: (05-22-2013 11:17 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

[Image: lol.gif]

America is the lowest? [Image: lol.gif]

This is 100% bullshit. Even in Canada I hear casual racism from other white people very often and we are considered more of a racial tolerant society.

Quote: (05-22-2013 11:23 AM)Jaylow Wrote:  

This is 100% bullshit. Even in Canada I hear casual racism from other white people very often and we are considered more of a racial tolerant society.

I don't think it is bullshit. Travel to some other countries and you will see that racism is much more socially acceptable than it is in the US. So many Thai people are openly racist against anyone with dark skin. Blacks, Arab/Indians, Cambodians, whatever. If a white guy in the US starts making racist slurs some other white person is going to act all offended. If a Thai person starts being racists towards a particular group of people, other Thai people don't give a fuck.

Despite how big of an issue racism is in the US, it is far less open and accepted in the US than it is in many other foreign countries.

Its called social desirability. People will answer what they think is the "right" thing to say, not what they really think. Especially in PC cultures. In other countries ppl are more outspoken. I countries like thailand there are signs saying "no blacks/jews" allowed in front of some stores so ppl dont give a shit about admitting their racism there.

map doesnt look right. india most racist, pakistan barely racist?
russia should be dark red. True that the U.S. relatively speaking is one of the least racist, third world more racist than first

lol @ Nigeria.

As for the US having low #'s as compared to the rest of the world, the rest of world is pretty fucking racist.

Racism is the norm, not the exception. So is homophobia, misogyny, and the denigration of the poor and powerless.

WIA

Quote: (05-22-2013 12:05 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

Racism is the norm, not the exception. So is homophobia, misogyny, and the denigration of the poor and powerless.

We talking about real misogyny (hatred and oppression of women) or what PC feminists in Canada and the US call misogyny (which really isn't misogyny).

Quote:Quote:

The study showed that racial intolerance is disturbingly rare in the U.S, with only 3.8% of residents displaying reluctance to live next to someone who wasn’t white.

Wait, is it someone of another race or someone who isn't white? Did they only poll white people in America?

While I'm not surprised that racism is low in Anglo and Scandinavian countries, I'm surprised Russia isn't dark red. I'm also surprised by what you guys say of Thailand as I never experienced any racial hostility there beyond the extra foreigner charge you end up paying for some things, but even then that seems more economic than racial.

I wouldn't put too much stock in this map though for reasons some you guys mentioned. Tendency for PC societies to not be honest for example, or the way they asked the question. There might be other metrics they could've used such as how many would disapprove of a son or daughter marrying another race. Or would they ever accept a head of state that was not from the majority group. Or look at things like disparate sentencing for crimes. It's always going to be tough to come up with a metric like this that can be used as a litmus test for everywhere. It's not surprising that in a place like Jordan which is surrounded by a lot of strife and conflict that such mistrusts of outsiders might be more prevalent.

Quote: (05-22-2013 11:55 AM)GenJx Wrote:  

map doesnt look right. india most racist, pakistan barely racist?
russia should be dark red. True that the U.S. relatively speaking is one of the least racist, third world more racist than first

Yeah, I am also surprised at India being more racist than Pakistan and Russia not being dark red.

Looking for specifics here, how many people were surveyed again?

Quote: (05-22-2013 11:35 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

I don't think it is bullshit. Travel to some other countries and you will see that racism is much more socially acceptable than it is in the US. So many Thai people are openly racist against anyone with dark skin. Blacks, Arab/Indians, Cambodians, whatever. If a white guy in the US starts making racist slurs some other white person is going to act all offended. If a Thai person starts being racists towards a particular group of people, other Thai people don't give a fuck.

Despite how big of an issue racism is in the US, it is far less open and accepted in the US than it is in many other foreign countries.

I agree. Think about the Thai practice of charging two different sets of prices: one for Thais and one for farang. If you did that in the US, you'd be on the news for trying to scam foreigners.

Quote: (05-22-2013 11:17 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

I think the combination of the caste system and British colonialism did some strange things to India.

Russia should be far towards the bottom.

According to the World Economic Forum Tourism Competitiveness Index, Russia ranks pretty low in openness to foreigners.
http://www.weforum.org/issues/travel-and...titiveness

Russia ranks near the bottom, which is appropriate.

However, the US and Poland, which I consider relatively friendly towards outsiders, rank pretty low.

So any sort of index of racism is retarded when you don't control for who they are racist towards. In some parts of the world, Muslims/Arabs are looked down upon (Europe), others don't like Indians (Middle East, Thailand), blacks (Latin America, East Asia), Whites (Pakistan, Afghanistan) etc... so I don't think there's a concrete definition for who is racist when it's highly dependent on context. US, UK, Canada, AU, NZ, Scandinavia are pretty tolerant but outside of that things seem to fragment quite quickly.

Quote: (05-22-2013 12:26 PM)TheSlayer Wrote:  

We talking about real misogyny (hatred and oppression of women) or what PC feminists in Canada and the US call misogyny (which really isn't misogyny).

Not sure why you're making a distinction.

WIA

Maybe this map is more a measure of OVERT racism. And you always have to question exactly how the information was collected. Also, a higher level of tolerance (I hate that word) doesn't translate to a lower level of racism necessarily.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Quote: (05-22-2013 01:25 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

Also, a higher level of tolerance (I hate that word) doesn't translate to a lower level of racism necessarily.

I also hate that word. You "tolerate" a baby crying on a plane, doesn't mean you like it! "Oh, we're so tolerant and diverse". It's like jargon that Orwell would be proud of.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Quote: (05-22-2013 01:23 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

Quote: (05-22-2013 12:26 PM)TheSlayer Wrote:  

Not sure why you're making a distinction.

WIA

Just clarifying, that's all.

Quote: (05-22-2013 01:10 PM)j r Wrote:  

I agree. Think about the Thai practice of charging two different sets of prices: one for Thais and one for farang. If you did that in the US, you'd be on the news for trying to scam foreigners.

At least in Chinatown NYC, it's an open secret that Chinese store owners charge Chinese customers less than foreigners.

It occasionally makes the news, but this is business as usual.

WIA

Quote: (05-22-2013 01:29 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

At least in Chinatown NYC, it's an open secret that Chinese store owners charge Chinese customers less than foreigners.

WIA

The dual pricing thing people have been referring to doesnt strike me as racism exactly. Just an us verus them in group vs outsidegroup thing. This is common everywhere, whether your talking about discounts for police officers vs everyone else, peruvians vs. everyone else, basque vs everyone else, stonecutters, masons vs everyone else, recent immigrants vs everyone else etc.

I see racism being discriminating directly against/for a race , so if the chinese were charging chinese, koreans, thais, vietnamese, etc one price and all non asians another price i can see the racism. Otherwise, as fucked up as it may be it just seems like an ingroup thing, not related to race.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

It is a bullshit map. America, land of the hypocrits, remains nearly as segregated as ever:

http://projects.nytimes.com/census/2010/explorer

Typical progressive:

"I love blacks/hispanics... as long as they're not in my neighborhood."

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Steve Sailer wrote the other day about how cliquish South Asians are:

http://isteve.blogspot.com/2013/05/raj-r...s-400.html

Saw link to that map in the comments.

I think of all of the ethnic minorities, Indians will cause the most strife with Whites in the next few decades. Once H1N1 or whatever they are called visas are used for most white collar work, I think you'll see more than just rednecks angry about immigration.

I do like their women, except for the hairyness and the poor return on investment.

Quote: (05-22-2013 01:29 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

WIA

The dual pricing thing people have been referring to doesnt strike me as racism exactly. Just an us verus them in group vs outsidegroup thing. This is common everywhere, whether your talking about discounts for police officers vs everyone else, peruvians vs. everyone else, basque vs everyone else, stonecutters, masons vs everyone else, recent immigrants vs everyone else etc.

I see racism being discriminating directly against/for a race , so if the chinese were charging chinese, koreans, thais, vietnamese, etc one price and all non asians another price i can see the racism. Otherwise, as fucked up as it may be it just seems like an ingroup thing, not related to race.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"