rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Does your alfa persona irritate men?

Recently I lost a good male friend whom I have met every week for two years as we shared common intrests, he knew about my game, has taken some advice from me in past, but he didn't went the whole way so he failed. He himself is rather beta, but he is not timid he is the beta-who-things-he-is-a-hero type. I had always thought that while not being as passionate about seduction as me, he is at least understanding, but last time we met he started screaming, accusing me of hating women, telling me that my skills are bullshit, telling me to stop playing superior with my game advice and accused me of NOT BEING ABLE TO COMMUNICATE TO MEN.

To this I replied ironically: "Oh sorry did I hurt your feelings?" This pissed him off enormously and I believe that our friendship has ended.

However I am thinking that there might be some truth in what he said about me communicating with other men. So my question is - have you noticed a negative feedback from men as you lose beta traits and acquire alfa traits?

My alfa persona doesn't turn off in absence of women, sometimes I am cocky/funny among men too and I have noticed that I subconsciously continue to subtly display my value and sometimes disqualify other person.

Sometimes I have observed that running alfa persona among men is beneficial - men give me less shit, respect me, look up to me.

But sometimes it seems it all can piss them off seriously.

Anybody has some tips to adjusting your alfa persona to not become loved by women, but hated by men?

"The price of being a sheep is BOREDOM. The price of being a wolf is LONELINESS. Choose one or the other with great care." MacLeod

I could see you coming off as a dick if you surround yourself with Beta dudes.

I'm going to make a calculated bet and say you don't have any (or very few) fellow Alphas to chill with. Am I correct?

I don't know. If anything, I have become more likable among guys since learning game. Cocky/funny and wittiness is a part of every "bro talk", and friends don't care if my body language is weak or strong because we're not competition. I don't see how they would be offended, unless I was a dick to them (such as ... dunno... using negs and subtle insults on them).

Quote:Quote:

accusing me of hating women

This indicates that the problem is not in your communication with him, but in his white knight mentality.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Quote: (05-22-2013 05:32 AM)Dulceácido Wrote:  

I'm going to make a calculated bet and say you don't have any (or very few) fellow Alphas to chill with. Am I correct?

This is absolutly true. Good bet.

However, I wouldn't like you just blaming my friend. I need to find out what I could have done better.

I believe he got pissed because sometimes I kinda feel lonely when I have no one to talk freely about my red pill views. So I try to slip in some advice about women and dating from time to time which might look quite patronizing on the receptive end.

Find new friends. No Beta is going to enjoy constantly being reminded they are Beta and offered unsolicited advice which is contrary to their core being.

Just for the record, no Alfa is ever going to accuse of not being able to communicate with men. That's a very chickish thing to say. And your response was perfectly in order: "Awwww, did I hurt your wittle feewings?" Give me a break. I would laugh my ass off if I witnessed that exchange.

If you want to hang out with Betas, that's fine, but don't get put off when they are offended by you rubbing their face in all the Beta they exude. Maybe make a conscious effort to avoid shining light on their silly behavior and keep your opinions to yourself until someone invites them, then choose your words cautiously when you reply.

I still think you'd be better off just being yourself, and you'd enjoy your company more if you gravitated towards other like-minded individuals. I hate having to monitor every word that crosses my lips for fear of offending someone. That's no one I want to hang out with...

With friends like that, who needs a girlfriend?

"I believe he got pissed because sometimes I kinda feel lonely when I have no one to talk freely about my red pill views. So I try to slip in some advice about women and dating from time to time which might look quite patronizing on the receptive end."

Most people, guys included dont want to hear about the red pill. They are up to their neck in the beliefs they have fostered their whole lives and quite frankly arent ready to change their belief structure. What is it that they say, "when the student is ready, the teacher appears"?

Pick and choose who and when to discuss red pill topics with. First year or two in the game and when i was still digesting all this stuff I pissed off a lot of friends and talked about it way too much. Now I hold back and only discuss with friends who I know want to hear it. Saves me a lot of wasted energy.

I've known people like that.

Honestly, they really aren't your friends. All of my friends note the change in my demeanor and like it.

I have had a two older friends break away because of my lifestyle. Sometimes being divergent is a good thing. Friends come and go, but the ones that grow with you are the good ones.

Give him time, his blue pill ways will put him into a position of getting hurt. Once he gets fucked over by a woman he'll be back to you. All it takes is one hell of a good burn to make a man red pill.

Is everyone on the forum now spelling Alpha as "Alfa"?

I think we should all start spelling it "Alfalfa".

[Image: alfalfa.jpg]

In all seriousness, yeah, you will piss off guys.

Hell, I have probably pissed off 50% of this forum at times, and probably 10% of my personality shines thru in the written form.

Who cares though?

Will these "friends" that you are pissing off serve a jail term to protect you?

Doubt it.

They really aren't your friends.

They are just guys that live in the same city that you do and you hang out.

Big difference.

Recently I've been finding that the biggest difference between a friend and someone you think is your friend is the ability to exchange constructive criticism with each other, laugh about it, and learn from it.

Quote: (05-22-2013 07:55 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Meh.. Being bilingual is more of a blessing than a curse, but I will drop the occasional Spanish word into an English sentence from time to time, especially when it's phonetically the same word.

Sometimes my Alpha's are "alfa." Other times, my photo's are "foto." I'm sure there are plenty other words I use interchangeably, but those are the two that I seem to substitute most often. To be honest, I don't even recognize that I do it unless it is pointed out by someone. And if someone else does it (in spanish, at least) I fail to recognize it either.

I didn't realize it was so disruptive. lol.. Or should that be "realise" with an "s"... English is English, right?

Quote: (05-22-2013 08:13 AM)Dulceácido Wrote:  

Quote: (05-22-2013 07:55 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Meh.. Being bilingual is more of a blessing than a curse, but I will drop the occasional Spanish word into an English sentence from time to time, especially when it's phonetically the same word.

Sometimes my Alpha's are "alfa." Other times, my photo's are "foto." I'm sure there are plenty other words I use interchangeably, but those are the two that I seem to substitute most often. To be honest, I don't even recognize that I do it unless it is pointed out by someone. And if someone else does it (in spanish, at least) I fail to recognize it either.

I didn't realize it was so disruptive. lol.. Or should that be "realise" with an "s"... English is English, right?

Don't sweat it.

I was just making a joke and using it as an opportunity to reference The Little Rascals.

The forum doesn't nearly reference The Little Rascals enough.

^^ Showing your age. You're in your 30's right? LOL
[attachment=12265]
Did I hurt your feelings?

I have a feeling that many people on here are still confused by the whole limiting belief that alpha/beta-thinking lulls you on.

A leader of men is respected, looked up to even loved. If you irritate others (as in numerous people) you lack social skills.

I think the takeaway from this is that besides testing the waters with a slight reference every once in a while, you should keep your views to yourself.

Only bring up your opinions on politics, religion, and women if you're sure that the person you're talking to is ready to hold a rational conversation about it, one where he is open to suggestion, and will listen to what you have to say while putting their own views aside.

When I was younger, I used to get into arguments with religious kids about their faith every once in a while (I'm not religious), but it stopped after a while when I asked myself what this was going to change in either of us- both our views would stay the same no matter how great either arguments were.

Nowadays, if I'm with friends, or people I don't know as well, if we're talking about girls, I just observe what they have to say, and judge their reactions if I throw in a slightly (but not obviously) 'red pill' comment here or there, and I base our further conversations on the topic off that.

RVF Fearless Coindogger Crew

I'm not alpha with my friends. And with men who are strangers, I'm polite and friendly. I'm not naturally an 'alpha', so despite good inner game, it's still 'conscious' when I'm with girls. If being 'alpha' means you're a dick, then I don't think it's something I'd wish to aspire to! In regards to getting more respect from other men, as in competition, then I guess that is something I'm missing out on. I get respect from my mates because they know I'm not particularly fearful of physical confrontation, so they know I'd stick up for them etc if needs be.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Quote: (05-22-2013 08:32 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

^^ Showing your age. You're in your 30's right? LOL

Did you think I was in my twenties?

Quote:Quote:

Did I hurt your feelings?

?

Cool picture.

Guys don't really get pissed at me.

But they do get jealous.

Which is a female trait.

I think you're friend got mad because you were coming off as a know it all.

I also don't spend a lot of time complaining about women. Complaining in general is a recipe for a bad relation.

I'm more of a do as I do not as I say type when it comes to male friends. If you wanna watch and learn cool. But I'm not gonna force feed you my red pill jargon unless you ask for it.

Sounds like your boy has low T.

I have gotten rid of a lot of people the last 2 years. The more I look at and look for aays to improve myslef the more problems I see with other people.

They are all tourists in their own mind.

Quote: (05-22-2013 05:59 AM)Mage Wrote:  

Quote: (05-22-2013 05:32 AM)Dulceácido Wrote:  

This is absolutly true. Good bet.

However, I wouldn't like you just blaming my friend. I need to find out what I could have done better.

I believe he got pissed because sometimes I kinda feel lonely when I have no one to talk freely about my red pill views. So I try to slip in some advice about women and dating from time to time which might look quite patronizing on the receptive end.

Over the years, I have learned one thing. It is a bit disrespectful to think that one's (yours in this case) opinion is better for someone (your friend in this case) than that person's (your friend's) own opinions, especially when they didn't ask for it. If that wasn't clear, let me try to explain it this way. Sometimes, you need them to acknowledge they want feedback to be able to hear it. For example, on this thread you have asked for feedback, people are giving it to you. But no one here (well maybe if they have a raging ego) is out of the blue gonna tell you something about your life that needs "fixing." It is your life. And if you came off as trying to fix him that implies he is broken, which is uncool. You are better off finding friends up to your standards.

A lot of people think being Alpha is just about being a dick and doing what you want, well no. You lose respect when you do that, and when you are not respected you are no longer Alpha. You are just being a punk. You gotta show respect to get respect. And you can do that without being beta. I get that is not how it is understood these days, but that is my view. Getting attention because you are an attention whore is not being respected. My old boss told me he would rather be respected than liked. I agree.

But a lot of people are thin skinned and a lot of people don't see the world for what it is. But it is pretty ballsy to tell them what is wrong with their lives, or what you perceive is wrong. Sometimes people need to want it to make the change in their lives.

Don't get me wrong - a true friend is gonna tell you when you are fucking up. They do it out of the love they have for you and are willing to risk friendship because they care that strongly about their bro. It didn't sound like you were doing that - you were not jumping on the hand grenade. Seemed like you got bored and needed something to play with.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Who cares. Unless they are adding value to your life who cares if they dislike you. If a broke homeless man calls me a corporate cunt (happens all the time) take it as a complement

Go find people who think like you... Other successful people think the same way.

I share red pill knowledge with guys (re the female brain) but I don't bring up seduction stuff. Bringing up that shit unsolicitedly is just tryhard/fake alpha.
Let them come to you for that.

Quote: (05-22-2013 05:22 AM)Mage Wrote:  

Recently I lost a good male friend whom I have met every week for two years as we shared common intrests, he knew about my game, has taken some advice from me in past, but he didn't went the whole way so he failed. He himself is rather beta, but he is not timid he is the beta-who-things-he-is-a-hero type. I had always thought that while not being as passionate about seduction as me, he is at least understanding, but last time we met he started screaming, accusing me of hating women, telling me that my skills are bullshit, telling me to stop playing superior with my game advice and accused me of NOT BEING ABLE TO COMMUNICATE TO MEN.

To this I replied ironically: "Oh sorry did I hurt your feelings?" This pissed him off enormously and I believe that our friendship has ended.

However I am thinking that there might be some truth in what he said about me communicating with other men. So my question is - have you noticed a negative feedback from men as you lose beta traits and acquire alfa traits?

My alfa persona doesn't turn off in absence of women, sometimes I am cocky/funny among men too and I have noticed that I subconsciously continue to subtly display my value and sometimes disqualify other person.

Sometimes I have observed that running alfa persona among men is beneficial - men give me less shit, respect me, look up to me.

But sometimes it seems it all can piss them off seriously.

Anybody has some tips to adjusting your alfa persona to not become loved by women, but hated by men?

Right off the bat before reading anything else the problem seems to me to be his. His reactions and irrational behavior toward you seem to indicate he's got his own demons/internal issues to deal with about women, or, worse, he's trying to bring you down to his level by becoming jealous of your success and saying you are a misogynist, hate women, etc.

I'm pretty Beta too re women and I would never disrespect a dude who is good with ladies, would rather learn from him and not be a hater.

2015 RVF fantasy football champion

I drop a red pill perspective on the odd occasion, but I mostly just keep all my game knowledge to myself, unless actually asked for. You never know when it can be used against you, and in the past when I've tried to help out my friends it's mostly fallen on deaf ears. Sometimes they will agree with me and say 'yeah that makes sense', but is there any effort on their part to use that knowledge for their own personal gain? Pretty much never. Changing is hard, and most men like to think that they are already gods gift to women. It takes a special kind of person to admit that he is not.

For a man to make successful changes in his life, he requires two things, a high level of self-awareness and inwardly focused imagination. Self-awareness in that you can introspectively gain insights into those personal attributes which are holding you back. Imagination, the ability to visualise your new self at some point in the future, essentially an end goal to work towards, you consciously integrate new behaviours in the present with the confidence that they will become unconscious in the future. I'm convinced that these two qualities while not completely uncommon, are rare enough that most people aren't worth bothering with when it comes to self-improvement. If a person has enough of these qualities then he likely will be resourceful enough to seek out the knowledge himself, otherwise you're almost always wasting your time.