rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Prague Metro Plans ‘Love Carriage’ For Lonely Singles

Prague Metro Plans ‘Love Carriage’ For Lonely Singles, As Czech Marriage And Birth Rates Plunge

Quote:Quote:

By Palash Ghosh | May 17 2013 10:51 AM
Lonely Czechs in the city of Prague may have a new way to meet that special someone -- the local subway system is providing carriages specifically for singles, in hopes that they will mingle and eventually develop relationships leading to marriage.
Tyden, a Czech weekly newsmagazine, reported that the Prague Public Transport Company, which runs the overall metro system, wants to commence this project by the end of the year in cooperation with Ropid, the municipal organization that operates transportation in Prague.

"People today have no place to meet. Maybe somewhere at parties, or at work. In the metro you can already read and learn, so why not find a partner?" said Filip Drapal, spokesman for Ropid.

"We want to make life more pleasant. People today have no time to meet. We do not know yet whether the dating car will be the last carriage on each train and whether it will be one work day a week or one an hour. We need to do some fine tuning."

Monika Lojínová, a spokeswoman for the Prague transport company, told Tyden that the focus would be on young Czechs.

Tyden’s readers seem divided in the idea of the “love train”; a little over half (54 percent) of those who replied to a survey said it is a “great idea”; while 43 percent derided it as “utter nonsense.”

However, there are serious issues behind all this. As with many other European countries, the Czech Republic is witnessing falling birth rates and declining number of marriages.

According to Eurostat, the statistical arm of the European Union, the 27 countries in the union have experienced a plunge in marriages since 1970 and a rise in divorce.

In 2010, the EU-27 recorded 2.2 million marriages, versus 1.0 million divorces in 2009. Thus, the “crude marriage” rate -- that is, the number of marriages per 1 000 inhabitants, amounted to 4.4 in 2010, while the crude divorce rate checked in at 1.9 in 2009.

In 1970, the crude marriage rate stood at 7.9 per 1,000 inhabitants -- an overall decline of 36 percent in the absolute number of marriages. The crude divorce rate has almost doubled since 1970.

For the Czech Republic specifically, the crude marriage rate has plummeted from 9.2 per 1,000 inhabitants in 1970, to 4.3 in 2011. Over that period, the crude divorce rate has edged up from 2.2 divorces per 1,000 inhabitants to 2.7

Czech media reported that women in the country are also having fewer and fewer children.

In 2011, the total number of births in the country dropped by 8,500 to 108,700 from 2010, according to the Czech Statistical Office (ČSÚ).

“The decline in 2011 was significantly higher than the two preceding years combined,” the CSU stated.

The fertility rate for Czech women -- that is, the average number of children they have -- fell to 1.42 in 2011 from the average 1.49 in 2009-2010.

In addition, women are postponing childbirth -- the average age that mothers give birth climbed by five weeks in 2011 to 29.7 years, with the highest fertility rate now seen among those aged between 28 and 31.

http://www.ibtimes.com/prague-metro-plan...ge-1267047

[Image: ohshit.gif]

I don't know what to expect from this...

Gentlemen, please discuss.

Good. Unfortunately the countries with the hottest women seem to be the ones with the lowest birthrates. Hot girls need to make more babies.

All aboard the world's first sausage-fest train! Choo-choo!

[Image: sausage-train.jpg]

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

HCE, that fucking busted me up laughing...

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

It always interests me how certain cities/countries approach the issue of low birth rates. I read an MSN story many years ago about a small town in Italy that had practically no male population. Due to a lack of jobs, men deserted the town for elsewhere. The local government put out the call that they would actually offer money for men to move to the town and basically fuck local women. Hilarious.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Quote: (05-18-2013 04:24 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

It always interests me how certain cities/countries approach the issue of low birth rates. I read an MSN story many years ago about a small town in Italy that had practically no male population. Due to a lack of jobs, men deserted the town for elsewhere. The local government put out the call that they would actually offer money for men to move to the town and basically fuck local women. Hilarious.

I don't think any Western country has EVER really addressed the issue of low birth rates, at least on a real, objective level. All they have ever had is the left or labour wing telling them how great it is to bring in gazillions of low-skillled immigrant workers to live in already overpopulated countries, and the right tacitly supporting it on account of lowering wage/production costs. A suicidal route at the end of the day, but heh, who's really paying attention anyway and we can kick this can down the road indefinitely.

I'm open to any arguments to the contrary..please people, it's out there, indulge me.

PS I will correct myself, Lee Kwan Yew certainly did from a smaller Singapore perspective, but those days are over.

2015 RVF fantasy football champion

Quote:Quote:

I don't think any Western country has EVER really addressed the issue of low birth rates

Don't quote me on it, but when I worked in Hungary, my coworkers told me that they get many incentives, tax breaks and other things if they have children and especially more than 2, but only IF you are ethnic Hungarian. The Roma (Gypsies) don't get such benefits because they are gypsies and because they choose not to be part of the whole society to begin with.

Without doubt Prague metro was one of the best places for running day game in Europe in the pre 2005 era. The damage done when the former communist vagons for standing people were replaced by egoistical capitalistic vagons for sitting people is indispensable.To approach a sitting girl among other passengers you need 300% the guys than to approach a standing girl.
Moreover the layout of metro stations was changed from excellent to worse by the addition of shops with the honourable exception of Hradzanska and Devicka.