rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Cupcake market crash

Cupcake market crash

Spotted this on WSJ... chalk up another loss for the SWPL urban fatty crowd. Any investor who saw this whole cupcake thing as anything besides another fad deserves to lose their money.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424...17814.html

Cupcake market crash

I was wondering when somebody was gonna pull the plug on this stupid shit. Fucking cupcakes... Grow up.

I'm with you. I feel no sympathy for anyone who sunk a gang of scratch into this.

Cupcake market crash

Any hint of what will replace it?

Cupcake market crash

Dayum! From $13/share to $1.70... Yikes!

Cupcake market crash

Good riddance, I never got the appeal. I wonder what all the fatties will ever do without their daily allotment of calories that can be held in their palm of their fat squishy hands?

"Make a little music everyday 'til you die"

Voice teacher here. If you ever need help with singing, speech and diction, accent improvement/reduction, I'm your man.

Cupcake market crash

Quote: (04-17-2013 04:00 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Gluten-free stores are popping up all over the place.

Cupcake market crash

Juice bars are getting pretty big in L.A. There are 3 within a short walking distance from my place.

Are juice bars blowing up in the rest of the country?

Cupcake market crash

At this point it just seems like you need to find some sort of food item that hasn't been put through the whole "hand crafted, locally sourced, artisian" ringer. It literally does not matter what it is at this point. As long as it's over priced, the primarily female customers will think it's worth it.

These places are just selling ego strokes.

Cupcake market crash

Quote: (04-17-2013 04:13 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

Juice bars are getting pretty big in L.A. There are 3 within a short walking distance from my place.

Are juice bars blowing up in the rest of the country?

Yes on a different scale in SF. MSg'd you before on "the plant". Organic juice place + food. Not quite like LA where it is pure juice.

Cupcake market crash

Juice Bars are a mystery to me. There's one near me that charges over 5$ for a drink that's made from a red pepper, some celery, and a couple other cheap veggies and fruits that probably total up to a buck fifty. If you're serious enough about juicing that you're willing to drink something made out of red pepper and celery, you're probably drinking it on a regular enough basis that it wouldn't take long for a 50$ juicer to pay itself back.

Cupcake market crash

Those annoying pay by ounce yogurt shops are next

Cupcake market crash

One of the most ridiculous trends of the past decade. Anyone who couldn't see this coming is an idiot.

I mean, "Gourmet cupcakes"? Give me a break. Even the name is essentially paradoxical. There's nothing gourmet about a fucking cupcake. It's just a giant sugar bomb. What kind of idiot pays $4 for a cupcake?

Quote:Quote:

Demand for gourmet cupcakes exploded in the early 2000s after Magnolia Bakery, another popular New York cupcake chain, was featured in the HBO series "Sex and the City." The sweet treats have since become central characters in TV shows like the Food Network's "Cupcake Wars" and TLC's "DC Cupcakes."

Oh, well, there's the answer: the same braindead women who dull their minds with hours of shitty television every day.

I truly believe that there is nothing that you couldn't turn into a trend among women if you simply got it into enough popular media, because the female mind is incapable of objective judgment of anything. The only way a woman is equipped to judge the relative value of something is by determining how popular it is with other women.

This is the underlying reason that status (or the appearance of status) trumps everything for attracting women. A woman simply has no way of objectively determining the value of a man in the same way that a man can objectively value a woman based on her looks, so she looks for external clues: how he behaves, how he is dressed, how other women treat him, etc... Essentially, the woman judges the position of the man in the world, rather than the man himself.

Perhaps millions of years of evolution have honed the female brain to carefully analyze men for status in this manner, to the extent that they have lost the ability to objectively judge anything on its own merits.

It would certainly go a long way toward explaining how the fuck gourmet cupcakes ever became popular.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

Cupcake market crash

Quote: (04-17-2013 03:53 PM)Yarbles Wrote:  

Any investor who saw this whole cupcake thing as anything besides another fad deserves to lose their money.

Quote: (04-17-2013 04:00 PM)Dulceácido Wrote:  

I'm with you. I feel no sympathy for anyone who sunk a gang of scratch into this.

I hope whoever invested in this starves to death in the street, suffering from massive malnutrition from eating the only thing they can get their hands on--cupcakes. Then their fat daughters, having lost weight and desperate for cash and real food, become RVF prostitutes, passed around from member to member for the mechanical use of sexual release. The inevitable bastard children (from all the fearless raw-dogging) then become child-laborer employees in RVF Laboratories™, a still-unannounced venture where we manufacture secret supplements, protein powers, and experimental drugs bearing the Roosh insignia.

[Image: attachment.jpg11219]   

We then launch a new cupcake venture, where we spike all the product with our trademark Thinning Powder™, ridding American society from fatties within a matter of weeks. At the height of my popularity, I'm crowned emperor of the New American Order and launch an invasion of Eastern Europe. I send Athlone McGinnis--my trusted vizier--into the countryside to pluck out all the girls he considers 10s. For his service, he's allowed to keep 10 percent of all chicks he gathers and delivers (my choice).

[Image: attachment.jpg11220]   

As a result of an administrative snafu, one of my bastard sons from the cupcake daughters escapes the factory and assembles a massive counterrevolutionary force of white knights in the jungles of DC. In an epic fight to "claim his rightful place on the throne," his mob overwhelms my forces and succeeds in killing me. He quickly restores Fat Rule and becomes a mere puppet of his short-haired, feminist "partner" who pulls all the strings and bangs him in the ass with her strap-on on a nightly basis.

[Image: attachment.jpg11222]   

In the end, my survivors learn, I was undone by a traitorous troll who had inside knowledge of my comings and goings.

[Image: attachment.jpg11221]   

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Cupcake market crash

leading indicator for the S&P 500?

You heard it here first.

Cupcake market crash

I can say from the world of cooking that people are definitely on a serious health kick.

My biggest requests are for food that's gluten free, meat free, dairy free, sugar free, etc.

Not such a bad thing, mind you. Except the meat free part. I still think vegetarians and vegans are fucking annoying.

As Mike said, the juice thing is blowing up. Shit ain't cheap either. Funny story: at the hotel we had a very high profile movie producer staying here, they had cases and cases of Pressed Juicery cleanse kits sent to the hotel for them which we stored in our cooler. After a couple days I raised the red flag, "Hey what the fuck is all this juice building up in the cooler for??" One of the managers told me, basically this producer had all this shit sent here with the intention of doing a cleanse. The reality was the juices sat in the walkin and I started taking cases home and drinking it myself (tasty stuff and I felt great). The producer wound up calling and getting pizza deliveries at 2am instead.

I looked up the prices, each case of juice was $70 and there were 10 cases delivered. $700 of juice, payed for and ignored.

Ah, to be rich...

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Cupcake market crash

The gluten-free thing is interesting. There is a test to find out if you're sensitive to gluten (I took it, not sensitive), but it seems in the past few years everyone is worried about it when just a tiny percentage of the population is truly affected.

Quote:Quote:

http://www.rooshvforum.network/attachment.php?aid=11219

Your photoshop skills are improving. The logo seems curved around the bottle.

Cupcake market crash

That is funny as hell, Tuth.

Frozen yogurt (pay by the ounce) and juice bars....those are the next fads. These are like cupcakes: one dimensional. The "successful" cupcake store from the story acted more like a bakery: offering different products like cheesecake, puddings, etc.

Cupcake market crash

Quote: (04-17-2013 05:15 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Your photoshop skills are improving. The logo seems curved around the bottle.

[Image: lol.gif]

Man, that's nothing. I've been curving the Roosh logo onto feminist chests and other slightly curved surfaces for a while.

If memory serves me well, this is from the Rock-Girl Incident thread:

[Image: attachment.jpg11227]   

This is my artist's rendition of what Houston looks like (with dog), from another thread:

[Image: attachment.jpg11226]   

Cupcake market crash

Quote: (04-17-2013 05:06 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

I looked up the prices, each case of juice was $70 and there were 10 cases delivered. $700 of juice, payed for and ignored.

Yeah, the real money is in the cleanses.

Americans just can't be fucking healthy, drink a green juice and go on with their day. It has to be a 3-day total detox cleanse or something. I had this green juice with eggs and bacon for breakfast. No gimmicks or silliness. Just a bunch of veggies with an apple to make it palatable.

If that guy had just drank one of the juices, his cravings from pizzas would have gone down. But it has to be a total "cleanse" or nothing at all.

Then again, it might be the same "all or nothing" mentality that causes people to fail on their dies that makes them successful in other areas of their lives.

Cupcake market crash

Those of us with blogs should start using those shopped images when writing about our desired targets.

Then when someone does a Google image search for them, boom, that's what comes up.

Cupcake market crash

I am starting a restaurant where I make bread out of artisanal organic sustainable grains most people have never heard of like teff, spelt, and pitseeed goosefoot.

It is brought to the table and then the customer has a choice of what exotic animal we bring out to take a dump on the bread for their culinary pleasure.

I have 2 civets, a red panda, a couple of flying squirrels.

I'm marketing the place to SWPL of course.

Cupcake market crash

Quote: (04-17-2013 04:00 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Designer feed bags?

Cupcake market crash

What are the names of those juice bars? I might want to add to my menu.....

BTW, I don't know how much upscale person you have to be to buy those cupcakes.
It's about 50 cents for decent cupcakes (6 for $3) at grocery stores.
they sell it for at least $2 each or more at those places
people are fucking cheap from what I've seen. I can't imagine someone dropping that kind of serious money on cupcakes at my store.

Cupcake market crash

I never heard about cupcake stores until someone on the forum mentioned it. Why would you pay $4 for a fucking cupcake when you can get donuts for $1 each at Shipleys? People are to stupid and trendy (especially girls).
[Image: 20080429115227_houston%20011.jpg]

Cupcake market crash

Quote: (04-17-2013 07:07 PM)houston Wrote:  

get donuts

Doughnuts are the shit. That picture made me crave one like crazy. Right now, if someone offered me 6-level pussy or a doughnut, I'd go with the doughnut. Fuck bitches. Get donuts.

Krispy Kreme was a predecessor of trendifying doughnuts. Now, we're all the way up to cupcakes, you're right.

Did you know that the Greater Los Angeles area has over 2,000 doughnut shops? It would take like six years to eat at all of them if you tried a new one everyday. I saw that shit on the Food Channel a while back.