rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Best Dogs for Game

Best Dogs for Game

I've been thinking about getting a dog. Mostly for companionship but if it also helps with the ladies than why not?

Any suggestions on breads that work particularly well?

Best Dogs for Game

Dog trainer here. There are a lot of great options I can recommend, but first I'd need to know your situation. Apt or house? Big or small budget? Are there any breeds you like more than others? How much maintenance, can you do frequent brushing or does it require grooming services. What's the weather like where you live?

"Make a little music everyday 'til you die"

Voice teacher here. If you ever need help with singing, speech and diction, accent improvement/reduction, I'm your man.

Best Dogs for Game

I just got AMOGd by a guy with a pugg yesterday. I showed up late to my okcupid date, and the girl was talking to this guy with one. She told me she liked him better.

Best Dogs for Game

For instance pugs shed like crazy, don't live very long, and their hips fuse together as they age. They are super friendly though. Pomeranians could be good if you want a smaller dog, and chicks really dig 'em. But it's hard to pull a pom off without looking gay.

Voice teacher here. If you ever need help with singing, speech and diction, accent improvement/reduction, I'm your man.

Best Dogs for Game

As soon as I get a big enough pad I'm getting an English bull terrier.

Fitzgerald is 100% right, more information is required.

How much experience do you have with dogs?

Best Dogs for Game

I live alone in a 2 bedroom apartment. It has hardwood floors so preferably a dog that will do minimal damage to them. I have a reasonably sized backyard and live close to a few dog parks.

I don't know too much about breads. I tend to like medium to larger sized dogs. Something with short hair and that doesn't shed too much. I have a decent budget and could afford a groomer. I do live in a place that has harsh winters.

Best Dogs for Game

Quote: (04-14-2013 11:36 AM)Ego Wrote:  

How much experience do you have with dogs?

Had two dogs growing up, one a standard poodle schnauzer mix and the other a toy poodle/cocker spaniel mix. I liked the standard poodle dog better.

Best Dogs for Game

How much time a day are you prepared to walk it?

Best Dogs for Game

Poodles are great. Their froofy rep sucks, as they're a smart German pointer breed. I'd avoid anything Schnauzer, pure or mix, as they can have bark control issues. When you're dressed and out walking your dog, what kind of image do you want to project, what's your style?

Best Dogs for Game

[Image: 11ajviu.jpg]

This is my dog, it works wonders, i think it's a shihtzu maltese mix.

Super friendly, super awesome for getting chicks, super easy to train (mine can sit on my shoulder like a bird, so when i go into shopping centres i put it on my shoulder and chicks go nuts).

I walk it every day, it wears out reasonably quickly only requiring 30 mins to an hour a day of walking (i usually walk it twice, 30 mins or so in the morning and 30 mins a night, with a few other outside trips in between).

It doesn't eat much.

A dog makes a massive difference imo (i get lots more attention if i take my dog out, girls open me on the regular, people hook easier and girls trust you/have a lot more comfort a lot quicker), my dog is like 2 years old and i don't usually take it out to pick up girls as i feel like its cheating and too easy.

Best Dogs for Game

I could easily do an hour of walking a day plus I can afford a walker if I have periods where I wont have time.

The image I'm going for is successful 30 something professional who's got his shit together. Slowly transitioning out of dirt bag grad student mode. It's a work in progress.

Best Dogs for Game

Quote: (04-14-2013 11:36 AM)Ego Wrote:  

As soon as I get a big enough pad I'm getting an English bull terrier.

I have never run across one of those dogs that wasn't fucking insane. They're entire head is a mouth and are vicious fighters.

Best Dogs for Game

Ilikekane's got a cute one. Scruffy little mixes are good, and easy to find at shelters, which are ideally the first places a person should look for a dog. Specific breeds can still be found at shelters, it's always worth a look before going to a reputable breeder (Don't go to commercial pet stores that sell dogs, they're usually obtained from breeding mills, where mothers are malnourished and neglected, overbred, inbred, and the puppies usually have all sorts of health problems, if you didn't know that already).

Ensam, what I meant is, are you a rugged and outdoorsy guy? Polished and elegant? A bit of everything? We all want to appear as professionals who've got our shit together. (Don't mean to be bothersome, but you've activated my "What I do" switch). Some dogs need major Alpha owners to be trained and controlled, some less.
Also, are you going for smaller or larger?

I like many breeds. Cairn terriers are big dogs in a little dog's body, they've got a lot of energy, and can go for hikes, or be walked with a leash in a city while your'e wearing suit and tie. Labradors are popular, but I don't think they'd work the best for your situation. They're bigger and athletic and can do a number on hardwood floors.

To Ego and Katatonic, a little known secret of most bull type dogs is that they're naturally not aggressive to humans, just other dogs (some dog parks won't allow them off-leash). Human handlers in fight rings don't want to get bitten, so they were bred to be very unlikely to attack people (Most reported pit bull attacks are not full breed pits, and have other breed influences). If any pit is aggressive to people, it's due to irresponsible breeding and socialization. They do require strong and dominant owners, though.

Best Dogs for Game

Ah, I'm a larger dude, 5'11 210lbs, and pretty dominant. Probably a bit of everything. I do outdoorsy stuff a couple times a month but live right on the edge of a major city and would mostly be taking the dog to city and suburban parks. A roommate I had a few years ago had a border collie that I loved. She was an escape artist but I don't think that'd be a big problem for me because I live on the second floor.

I'd definitely either do a rescue program or go through a reputable breeder.

Best Dogs for Game

From a game standpoint most herding dogs are great, because they're people pleasers, usually outgoing, but reserved enough that they don't jump onto strangers. Border collies, Australian shepherds, Australian cattle dogs, are all good in this respect (I think Australian shepherd puppies are about the cutest there are, too). Some shed a lot, and since you're near the city, it's good to find a place where you can take them a few times a month to exercise their herding instincts. They require loads of exercise, too, so be prepared.

What do you think about Dobermans? Super manly, athletic and elegant, can go with flannel and jeans or black tie. They make VERY devoted dogs, but need to be socialized well from puppies, otherwise they can be nervous around strangers. They require little maintenance, but do need a good amount of exercise. In every place I've ever lived, they've been rare to spot, so that would help you to stand out more if you were out walking one.

Best Dogs for Game

Quote: (04-14-2013 03:28 PM)Fitzgerald Wrote:  

From a game standpoint most herding dogs are great, because they're people pleasers, usually outgoing, but reserved enough that they don't jump onto strangers. Border collies, Australian shepherds, Australian cattle dogs, are all good in this respect (I think Australian shepherd puppies are about the cutest there are, too). Some shed a lot, and since you're near the city, it's good to find a place where you can take them a few times a month to exercise their herding instincts. They require loads of exercise, too, so be prepared.

What do you think about Dobermans? Super manly, athletic and elegant, can go with flannel and jeans or black tie. They make VERY devoted dogs, but need to be socialized well from puppies, otherwise they can be nervous around strangers. They require little maintenance, but do need a good amount of exercise. In every place I've ever lived, they've been rare to spot, so that would help you to stand out more if you were out walking one.
Nice posts, Fitzgerald.

I like the doberman suggestion, although my family has always had boxers. Great dogs, very loving and loyal.

What's your take on whippets?

Best Dogs for Game

Boxers are awesome

I also like golden retrievers

This is our families golden

[Image: attachment.jpg11142]   

Best Dogs for Game

Quote: (04-14-2013 04:30 PM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

Boxers are awesome

I also like golden retrievers

This is our families golden

Nice! I was thinking about getting a golden based on my family's experience with them, but due to living in an apartment for the foreseeable future, went with the smaller and more rebellious Shiba Inu. If you're patient and have a hispteresque fondness for things not everyone else has heard of, the Shibas can be excellent dogs.

Best Dogs for Game

I had a basset hound. she was getting attentions like a celebrity (puppy era). Of course, just like women, it decreases as they get older. she was still getting attention after one year old though

Best Dogs for Game

I would get a smart dog breed so you could train it to do tricks like this

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

Best Dogs for Game

This thread has me thinking, do you think it would be a good move to walk someone else's dog (make some side cash) and use the mutt to game without having to pay for owning it yourself?

Best Dogs for Game

Thanks Ringo, appreciate it. I love boxers, never met one I didn't like, and I don't think anyone else has either. I'm not a huge fan of the slightly bulging eyes and brachycephalic face, but they are handsome in their way. They're clowns, and they really win people over, plus if you meet anyone who knows a boxer, it's an instant connection.

Whippets? Really fun to get high off of. Kidding. Personally I'm not a huge fan of their looks, but they're really good around other people, not very barky, and are quiet indoors.They are very smart, and very easy to train, they can seriously learn a new trick in minutes. They're a disappointing breed if you like to roughhouse with dogs, as they can be kind of jittery and don't like to be roughly handled. I don't know your situation, but frequent access to a large fenced yard is a must because they need to run. They're sighthounds, and if they see something they want to chase, hell or high water won't keep them away. They're not good with cats, either. I wouldn't really recommend them as a wingdog, though.

If anyone on this forum asks me, I'm assuming that they're a single guy who lives in a an apartment in a well-populated area, who has no children but interacts with kids every now and then, has had experience with dogs, has enough time for a dog but not loads of time, doesn't want to bother with too much shedding or slobber, wants an outgoing but not overly boisterous dog that will receive positive attention from people, specifically women, and has no other pets, save for a cat or something that lives in a tank.

That's a beautiful dog InternationalPlayboy. Golden retrievers are friendly, great with kids, and great-looking, but they shed and frequent brushing is essential. If you (in the general sense) like to wear dark clothing, you need to lintroll like a motherfucker whenever you leave your house with any lighter colored dogs. They need a good deal of exercise, too. Those are the only real downsides, though.

jdevoy had a great suggestion with the Shiba Inu, I was going to recommend that as another option for Ensam if he wanted to go with a smaller dog. They're not natural people pleasers, and training isn't the easiest, plus most are kind of aloof in public, but chicks dig 'em.

I love scenthounds of all types, but they aren't easy to train. You need to be very alpha with them, most people who own them are hunters. They're highly distractable and can get themselves lost, but can also find their way home if they do. Good news is, if you take them for regular walks, they do fine living in apartments. Basset hounds are awesome. Really cute as puppies, and they don't need a lot of exercise. Beagles are small very friendly, can be rather high strung, and need more exercise. I had a beagle/lab mix I had to give to my brother when I moved, she's an awesome dog. Coonhounds are great companion dogs, but need a lot of alpha from their owners, and they're on the larger side. They're lazy, but they need frequent exercise to keep them lean. Bloodhounds are really cool, I have a friend with a pair. They're really good-natured dogs, and love attention, but get territorial at home. They drool a LOT though, so if you're a clean and tidy sort of person, you probably wouldn't dig 'em. They get pretty damn big, too.

Best Dogs for Game

Quote: (04-14-2013 05:36 PM)Lazarus Wrote:  

This thread has me thinking, do you think it would be a good move to walk someone else's dog (make some side cash) and use the mutt to game without having to pay for owning it yourself?

I don't see why not, as long as you can handle the dog appropriately.
If you haven't yet, go to dannyfrom504.wordpress.com, he's got great posts on gaming with dogs.

Best Dogs for Game

English Bulldog. Especially when they are puppies.

To bad this dude had no game.

Best Dogs for Game

The best dog I've ever had was a male miniature schnauzer. That was a bad ass dog that was friendly as hell but very territorial and would try to fight pitbulls if they got close to him. He didn't shed and was on the smaller side. Everyone that met him loved him and he would of been perfect for gaming girls. He looked like this except his ears were never clipped and hung down.

[Image: baron-stevens.jpg]