rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Baltimore

Baltimore

I was in Baltimore briefly. I'd hesitate to call this a data sheet, but I had some info to share, and there are no threads on Baltimore. This is more of an open thread on Baltimore than a data sheet. If you have any other data, do share. I only spent time in the Federal Hill area of Baltimore, I can't vouch for any other parts of the city.

I went out two nights, no bangs. First night, I made out with one girl, and then went to the wrong venue. The second night, went to a great venue, but made a huge mistake - my only option was to bang that night, so I figured I'd tell girls I was from thousands of miles away, and move quickly to filter out the prudes. Basically demanding girls to cop to being whores backfired enormously. Plus I was a bit impatient - I wanted to be sure I'd bang, plus I figured going a little crazy would help, so I kept pushing the envelope. Anyone who's winged with me at all knows I tend to make out very quickly with girls, so I was really pushing it here. The night I kissed four girls, two of my boys brought home girls, although they're retards and didn't get the notch.

I spent my time in the Federal Hill neighborhood. My friend said the neighborhood is uniformly 27 and under, and that's what I saw. You can only evaluate a scene relative to the ones you've known, so I'm going to compare Federal Hill to LA.

Federal Hill

[Image: Federal_Hill2_Baltimore_Area_Convention_..._54728.jpg]

Pic: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_dCJEsq5nTZA/TK...+Hill).jpg

Differences between LA and Federal Hill, Baltimore:

Drinking Culture: In Federal Hill, everyone goes out to bars and drinks a ton. People regularly drink until they puke. There's not much to do besides drink, unlike LA. There's a very good chance you'll be partying right next to the hottest girls in town. In a place like LA, and probably DC, Miami et al, you go to a bar, and the town's top shelf talent is sorely absent. Even going to good clubs is no assurance that you'll get a shot at hot girls. Judging by my friend's lifestyle, it's not too hard to have some mild social circle game, drink a ton and bang random whores on the regular, in a place like Fed Hill. While the hottest girls here aren't necessarily that easy to open - they may be hanging out with cool dudes - they're at least in the same room as you.

Race: In Fed Hill, almost all the girls are white. In LA, I'll cast about the room, and 50% or more of the girls are out of the running because they're some group (like Persians and many of the decent Latinas) where the likelihood of banging them is low, or they're an ethnicity to which I'm not attracted (blacks and Asians, though I'm starting to warm to Korean girls). While some are fat in Fed Hill, plenty are fuckable. For someone who feels like LA nightlife can be a constant game of "Where Is Whitey?" this was a relief.

There were a few blacks in the scene, probably more black guys than black girls. From what I saw and heard, cool black guys have no problem fucking the white girls here. I'd even say that most black guys would have an easier time fucking the semi-hick kind of white girl you find here than they would your typical insular yuppie/hipster white chicks, that there'd be much less of a culture clash. Hell, all these chicks have brothers and fathers who worship athletes, many of whom are black men, so... At most, black guys will have to dress a little better to avoid being pigeonholed as ghetto, but that probably goes for anywhere in the US. Can't say with certainty, but it seems like there's more racial mixing here than in LA.

Culture: People in Fed Hill are a lot sloppier, whether it's drinking or what they're wearing. You see a lot of girls in sweatpants and t-shirts during the day. Guys and girls wear jerseys just about everywhere, except out at bars at night. Drinking is more common among girls here. In LA, you see way more hot girls self-consciously eating out at hip restaurants; in Federal Hill, I saw none of that. Maybe the good restaurants are in a different part of town, but it seemed like girls here don't go for that pretentious shit, and just want to have fun and party.

Talent: LA no doubt has better talent walking the streets during the day in places like Santa Monica, Rodeo Drive, USC and West Hollywood, but I'm afraid LA's advantages are attenuated or even disappear at night, unless you're well connected socially. I feel that's partly because of factors I mentioned earlier, race, the weaker drinking culture, and because in a metropolis like LA, the hot girls get scooped up by the elite men much more. The sex ratio in LA is also worse. I found the ratios to be fairly even here, or at least not far from 50/50. A 60% male ratio for LA is considered good.

Ease of Getting Laid: In LA, it feels like you have to bust your balls to get anything, but if you're very well placed, you can clean up with hot girls no problem. Very few men are well placed though, so this isn't much relief. In Fed Hill, you can carve out a decent niche by just getting hammered every weekend, living with some cool bros.

Venues:

I tried a couple approaches while day drinking, but they went nowhere. Approaching during the day at bars seems pretty fruitless. Getting to the bar between 10 and 11 PM is a safe bet, closing was at 1:30-2AM.

Banditos - more of a restaurant supposedly, but when I went in, there were people drinking casually and mingling. Made out with a girl here and met a bunch of her friends. Nice place to start your night.

Mother's - best venue I went to. The night I went, seems like plenty of girls came for dick, or at least for some attention. There was a huge dance floor, but enough room to maneuver, plus place outside to smoke if you wanted. The music wasn't agonizingly loud, and people were pretty drunk. Lots of female-only groups.

[Image: Mothers-Federal-Hill-Bar.jpg]

[Image: 600x338]

[All of these photos are from the internet. The photo immediately above is only a fraction of Mother's.]

Mad River - When I went in, this place was packed and it was a mad house. It felt too dark, loud and crowded to get anything going, I hardly did anything in this one. It's the kind of joint that toolbags love to go to, because it's 'popping,' but probably not the best bet for picking up girls.

Cowboys & Rednecks - didn't go inside, but my friend said this one attracts a kind of country crowd, as the name suggests. He doesn't much care for it, though he's not much of a hick either.

No Idea - Great pub for getting hammered with friends and pulling a girl back to, but not much potential for picking up girls. Great drink specials. Heard they did a Groupon here that was actually much *worse* than their regular specials, and ripped off a bunch of dumb yuppies in the process. That gets my vote! If you spend enough time drinking here, I'm sure you'll get some lays regardless.

Delia Foley's - More of a pub to eat and drink with friends. Good wings though.

Pic: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Nv-69z_Tai4/TT...C_0380.JPG

I know DC is close by, and I imagine DC guys come here fairly often, so there should be other posters with some input. My friend who lives here said girls in DC are hotter, for whatever that's worth. Personally, I didn't find the bars to be short of eligible bangable girls, 6s and 7s.

Baltimore

I have tons of Baltimore data on the way. A few weeks back, I put together a Baltimore Data Sheet, which would have been my most detailed post to date. About 75% of the way through the original post, my computer froze. I got frustrated and did not immediately want to try again. As soon as I get some free time, I will post the data. Basil's post is a really good start.

Baltimore

"Maybe the good restaurants are in a different part of town"

Affirmative.

Baltimore

Quote: (03-19-2013 10:41 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

I know DC is close by, and I imagine DC guys come here fairly often, so there should be other posters with some input. My friend who lives here said girls in DC are hotter, for whatever that's worth.

DC people don't even think about Bmore. Straight up. Two entirely different worlds. There's really no reason for a DC person to go up there. I can count on one hand the number of times I've been to that city. They are like 45 minutes apart but completely different. Baltimore has a very blue-collar and industrial sort of feel while DC is white-collar professional. It's also much cheaper than DC. Many parts of the city are dangerous. You pretty much hung out in the one decent neighborhood in the whole city.

The inner harbor is nice in the day time but once it gets dark even that area can be a little dodgy.

Also, Bmore people don't really like DC. They identify more with New York, especially the people in the poorer areas. Lots of NYC people relocate there. Those cities have a strong connection in the drug trade. Both are port cities, unlike DC.

I meet Bmore girls in DC every now and then and they always complain about living there. They say how much more there is to do in DC, how much better the nightlife and people are and how international and open-minded the city is.

I don't hate on Bmore but that's just what people in DC would tell you if you ever asked them about it.

Baltimore

[Image: wire.jpg]

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

Baltimore

Quote: (03-20-2013 09:16 AM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

DC people don't even think about Bmore. Straight up. Two entirely different worlds. There's really no reason for a DC person to go up there. I can count on one hand the number of times I've been to that city.

Also, Bmore people don't really like DC. They identify more with New York, especially the people in the poorer areas. Lots of NYC people relocate there. Those cities have a strong connection in the drug trade. Both are port cities, unlike DC.

I meet Bmore girls in DC every now and then and they always complain about living there. They say how much more there is to do in DC, how much better the nightlife and people are and how international and open-minded the city is.

I don't hate on Bmore but that's just what people in DC would tell you if you ever asked them about it.

To be honest, if Baltimore isn't that bad according to the experience of my friend living there, and DC is better than Baltimore, how bad can DC be?

Also, I went on an irregular weekend, so it might have been better than usual then. Roosh's post on Baltimore:

http://www.rooshv.com/what-happened-to-baltimore

I was also in Philly briefly a year back, and I saw virtually no hot girls. Even at the King of Prussia mall, the counter girls were mediocre. Had a meal at Amada, still nothing. Maybe I missed the good parts, but I saw much more talent in Fed Hill than Philly.

Baltimore

Quote:Quote:

Talent: LA no doubt has better talent walking the streets during the day in places like Santa Monica, Rodeo Drive, USC and West Hollywood, but I'm afraid LA's advantages are attenuated or even disappear at night, unless you're well connected socially. I feel that's partly because of factors I mentioned earlier, race, the weaker drinking culture, and because in a metropolis like LA, the hot girls get scooped up by the elite men much more. The sex ratio in LA is also worse. I found the ratios to be fairly even here, or at least not far from 50/50. A 60% male ratio for LA is considered good.

You make a good point. In LA you can see lots of talent walking the streets during the day if you visit the parts of the city you mentioned, but at night the talent is harder to find since hot girls tend to visit only exclusive/hip bars and clubs, and those type of venues are always changing.

As for Baltimore, I remember reading Roosh's early stuff and he used to visit Baltimore a lot back in the day.

Baltimore

I don't get on RVF often but I feel compelled to chime in because I've lived in Fed Hill since 2009, right near Delia Foleys at the moment. From my perspective the scene has changed dramatically in 3 years, and not for the better. When Roosh's post on Baltimore came out a while back I didn't know what he was talking about, or at least I thought that Fed Hill wasn't affected. Sad to day, I read his post now and it is pretty accurate.

What happened? For one thing Fed Hill scene has gotten older. It used to have much more college age girls, especially on Thursday night you'd see a lot of Towson U & Loyola talent cab down. I'm not sure what stopped that exactly (allowances cut, college kids not as willing to pay for cabs?). Mad River on Thursdays was Loyola night. Go there on a Thursday night now, even late night, average age gotta be 26-27. Yeah yeah you don't want to bang college chicks anymore (liar!) but as with any other scene, a the overall tide lifts/lowers all boats. Let's examine what happens on a micro-level. The hotter 25 y.o. chick see less hot young college girls around. She was used to being say the 30th percentile in the scene, now she realizes she's in the top 10%. She rationalizes "oh well, I'm in the top 10% of girls here, I can stuff my face with this pizza, put on a few pounds and I still get hit on", etc and thus the value of a scene declines on a macro-scale.

Up till a year or two ago, I would venture to say that the average young guy in an average entry level corporate job could stash a lot more cash and have access to better talent pool than the same dude in DC. Not a poosy paradise by any stretch, but it was a good place to keep expenses down while having a good time, work on a plan to move somewhere else, etc especially if you aren't down with the self-important attitudes prevalent in DC. When I first moved here after dealing with the DC scene in college I felt like I was in heaven. Women were more feminine, friendly, and on average more attractive than in DC. But it's not like that anymore. Point blank I'd say average attractiveness score has dropped a solid 2 points in the Fed Hill scene, if not more. Yes there's still attractive girls, and they probably are more open/friendlier than DC, but I see so many fatties these days it blows my mind. I feel like it's common to see guys dating down now. I NEVER saw that shit when I first moved here.

That being said, for all my shitting on my home turf, if you are in town, as OP stated, you can still have solid shot at banging 6-7s, and it is a laid back scene if you are looking for a change of pace, and pretty affordable place to go out. A few comments/other places worth mentioning:

-Mad River- Yes Mad River gets loud/packed with techno and has lots of jersey shore types. It's the Jersey Shore bar of Fed, after all. And as the Jersey Shore bar, you can't beat it for SNLs. I've pulled here more than anywhere else. The upstairs/balcony section is an opportunity to isolate from the louder sections.
-Stalking Horse- vodka bar - this place underwent a large expansion bout a year ago and is the largest bar in Fed by far. 3 levels, dance floor section on 2nd floor, 3rd floor more chill/less loud. Plenty of room to move around, bounce to other levels, etc.
-Ropewalk - Republican-themed bar (no shit, Ronald Regan statues everywhere) down towards Delia Foleys. It's actually really big inside, multiple bars/levels, dance floor, a few pool tables if you are into pool game, etc. 3rd floor is a cigar bar, one of the few places in MD where you can still smoke indoors.
-Ryleigh's Oyster Oyster bar, gets pretty packed at night. Top floor is good for iso. Hotter girls here on average compared to everywhere else, I'd check it out if you are in town.
-Zeeba Lounge - Hookah bar easy walking distance Cross St. Open late & BYOB! If you are traveling here, stash a bottle in your car and keep the party going if you are unable to pull from the bar by 1:30am, which is closing time in Bmore unfortunately.
-Maria Ds - Late drunk food spot where everyone stuffs their face (think the DC pizza scene), but I've gone in there after the bars have closed and pulled decent lays, so something to at least consider.

Baltimore

Hopefully my computer doesn't freeze this time. Since Baltimore is a city of neighborhoods, I will be breaking up my post by each neighborhood. The primary nightlife areas (in this order, in my opinion) are Federal Hill, Canton, Fells Point, and Power Plant Live. Little Italy is primarily a residential and restaurant district. The Inner Harbor is primarily a tourist district.

Federal Hill:
I think it was a good idea for basilransom to spend his limited time in Baltimore in Federal Hill. Federal Hill probably has the most talent of any area of Baltimore and has countless nightlife options. This area is immediately south of the Inner Harbor and is one of the nicer neighborhoods of Baltimore. I like poledaddy and basilransom's breakdown of the bars there. The nightlife in Federal Hill is mostly concentrated in and around East Cross Street between Light Street and Charles Street. The north side and south side of this part of East Cross Street are separated by the Light Street Market. Each of these sides of East Cross Street has a number of bars which occupy converted row houses. A good strategy is to take a walk down one side of East Cross Street then take a walk down the other side and go in whichever bar looks the best. They are so close together that it should take all of five minutes to decide where to go. One place I like which is located on the north side of East Cross Street is the No Way Jose Cafe. Mother's is not located on East Cross Street, but is immediately south of East Cross Street on South Charles Street. It is the most well known and probably the most popular of all Federal Hill venues. The volume and size of that place makes it a good choice. Magerk's is located on the north side of East Cross Street and serves the only real cheesesteak I have seen in Baltimore. It is basically a Philadelphia-themed bar. Because it is something of a sports bar, it is generally not your best option, but if you walk by and it looks good, by all means go inside.

Canton:
This is a pretty nice neighborhood located in the far southeastern part of the city. It was originally a Polish immigrant neighborhood and over the lost fifteen or so years has become a haven for young professionals. For nightlife, I believe Canton comes in a close second to Federal Hill. The O'Donnell Square area is where most things happen. There are two very popular venues around O'Donnell Square, Nacho Mama's and Claddaugh Pub. Nacho Mama's is a tex-mex style restaurant with about fifteen tables and a bar. It is pretty much always crowded. The food there is pretty good, although it is not authentic Mexican and does not claim to be. You can often find girls sitting at the bar. Directly across the street from Nacho Mama's is Claddaugh Pub. On Thursday nights, that place is packed with talent. It is pretty decent on the weekends as well. Another Canton venue is the Gin Mill on Boston Street. The Gin Mill is decent, but I much prefer Nacho Mama's and Claddaugh. The only decent pizza I have had in Baltimore is at a place called Pasta Mista, which has locations in Canton, Towson, and Timonium. The Canton location is on Boston Street, east of the Gin Mill and the Safeway.

Fells Point:
It is basically a touristy collection of bars located west of Canton and east of the Inner Harbor. The bars are mostly centered on Broadway. As with Federal Hill, you can take a quick tour through Fells Point and go into whatever place looks good. Max's is a really popular bar on Broadway. Latin Palace is a latin club located on Broadway a few blocks north of what is typically referred to as Fells Point. A poster on the RooshV blog correctly pointed out that Latin Palace used to be very good, but has since completely gone downhill. I couldn't agree more. I really don't know what happened. The set-up and music are still really good. Unfortunately, the talent no longer is. Trovador is a Salvadoran restaurant on Broadway also located north of what is typically called Fells Point. A few years back, that place had tons of talent working as waitresses. I haven't been there for a while and I don't know if that is still the case. You can get better Salvadoran food in the D.C. area, but there was, and possibly still is, a better reason to go to that place. I would only go to Fells Point after first stopping by Federal Hill and Canton.

Little Italy:
That is basically a residential and restaurant community. The quality of the restaurants there ranges from horrible to decent. My favorite place there is Chiapperelli's. The salads at Chiapperelli's are about the best anywhere. The pasta there is more of an acquired taste, but it is decent. A comparable place is Sabatino's, which is located across the street from Chiapperelli's. I tried a place called Ciao Bella, which had decent pasta, but extremely small portions. Caesar's Den has quite possibly the worst Italian food I have ever tried. Another place is Bene Notte, which basically tries too hard to be gourmet. I ate there once and was not impressed. They tried to put a high-end nightclub in Little Italy and called it Milan. It was a pretty good concept, because after a certain time, they only let guys in if they had girls with them. People who lived in Little Italy were all up in arms about Milan and it eventually closed. There is not really any nightlife in Little Italy and should really only be visited for its restaurants.

Inner Harbor:
This is the prime downtown/tourist area. It should not be missed, although it in my opinion does not have great nightlife. I sometimes do a tour through Harbor Place or the Gallery just to look at what is in the stores. Both Oriole Park and the Ravens stadium are close by. There is a bar on Charles Street a few blocks north of the Inner Harbor called Mick O'Shea's. The place has a nice vibe, but I wouldn't spend my whole night there.

Power Plant Live:
This is a nightlife/restaurant district which is newer than Federal Hill, Canton, and Fells Point. It is located a few blocks northeast of the Inner Harbor. I never spent a lot of time there.

About fourteen blocks north of the Inner Harbor, just east of North Charles Street, there is an old hotel called the Belvedere, which has been converted into condos. On the 13th Floor of the Belvedere there is a lounge called the 13th Floor. This place has an amazing view of the city and is open on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. It should not be missed. Don't go there thinking that you will definitely pick up girls there. Go there when you already have a girl with you. On the first floor of the Belvedere, there is a bar called the Owl Bar. It is decent and very unique.

The best crabcake I have found in Baltimore and in the world for that matter was at G&M in Linthicum, Anne Arundel County. The place is pretty much always jam packed. There is a take-out area where you can also sit and eat, a bar, and a dining room. I usually eat in the take-out area, although I have also eaten in the dining room.

Daygame:
This is a little tricky. If you head to the Inner Harbor during the day, especially during the weekend, the place is full of fat people, families, and homeless people. I believe daygame at the Inner Harbor is a waste. I also think it is not extremely productive to do daygame at Johns Hopkins. Hopkins is not known to have the most attractive female student body. I would make a beeline to Towson, which is a college town just north of the City of Baltimore. If you sit in the Pasta Mista in Towson, you may be surprised at the talent that walks through the door.

Since some Baltimore v. D.C. comparisons are already being made by other posters on this thread, I feel compelled to weigh in. I lived in Baltimore for four years (excluding summers) and have lived in the D.C. area for almost ten years, so I feel as though I am more than qualified to compare these two cities.

1. Which city has better talent?
Baltimore. I know people may disagree with me, but Baltimore is clearly the lesser of two evils in my opinion.

2. Which city has lower bitch shields?
Baltimore

3. Which city has better nightlife?
I would give a slight edge to D.C. Baltimore has closing times which are similar to California and are therefore horrible. Other than that it is a pretty close call. You have options in both cities.

4. Which city has better public transportation?
D.C. The metro generally takes you where you need to go within the district and in the immediately suburbs. Baltimore has both a metro and a lightrail, but they are only useful if you live in a specific area and are travelling during certain hours.

5. Which city is cheaper?
Baltimore

6. Which city has more competition?
Even. D.C. has more intelligent, more well educated, more financially successful guys. Baltimore guys are in better shape and (may) dress better. I'm not really concerned with competition, but I thought it needed to be addressed.

7. Which city has better food?
Baltimore. This may be personal to me because I need pasta, cheesesteaks, pizza, and steak. I can get pasta (although not the greatest) in Little Italy, pizza at Pasta Mista, cheesesteaks at Magerk's and steak any number of places. I may be able to get a steak in D.C. Baltimore by a landslide.

8. Which city has worse traffic?
D.C., although 695 in the Baltimore area is often no picnic either.

Baltimore

I think Baltimore got a push in mainstream female popularity when Jenna Bush moved to Federal Hill in 2008. Maybe she brought some clout to the area? The Republican girls tend to be much hotter than their liberal counterparts. Some of the ugliest women I have ever seen outside of Walmart are Obama campaign volunteers in D.C. I wonder if Romney had won those gross Obama loving girls would have evacuated D.C. and hot blonde Republican girls would have flocked to the city?

Baltimore

Quote: (03-20-2013 12:24 PM)The Texas Prophet Wrote:  

As for Baltimore, I remember reading Roosh's early stuff and he used to visit Baltimore a lot back in the day.

Yeah Roosh went to school in MD so he probably had some homeboys from Bmore. Otherwise, DC people don't go up there to hang out. Some DC people would follow the Orioles and see a game at Camden Yards but now DC has its own baseball team.

Baltimore

Quote: (03-20-2013 05:20 PM)kenny_powers Wrote:  

I think Baltimore got a push in mainstream female popularity when Jenna Bush moved to Federal Hill in 2008. Maybe she brought some clout to the area? The Republican girls tend to be much hotter than their liberal counterparts. Some of the ugliest women I have ever seen outside of Walmart are Obama campaign volunteers in D.C. I wonder if Romney had won those gross Obama loving girls would have evacuated D.C. and hot blonde Republican girls would have flocked to the city?

Doubt it.

The Clinton Years in DC were better than the Bush years.

Baltimore

Quote: (03-20-2013 05:28 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (03-20-2013 05:20 PM)kenny_powers Wrote:  

Doubt it.

The Clinton Years in DC were better than the Bush years.

I was around DC in the early-mid 90's and it was a serious ghetto shithole. Except of course for the "original" 930 club and the capital ballroom. But I was more into smoke/booze and music back in those days than chasing girls.

Baltimore

Quote: (03-20-2013 05:20 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

Quote: (03-20-2013 12:24 PM)The Texas Prophet Wrote:  

Yeah Roosh went to school in MD so he probably had some homeboys from Bmore. Otherwise, DC people don't go up there to hang out. Some DC people would follow the Orioles and see a game at Camden Yards but now DC has its own baseball team.

And a good team at that! Though I still love Camden Yards.

Baltimore

Baltimore was ranked top 50 most dangerous cities in the world by The Citizens Council for Public Security and Criminal Justice. It surpassed many Latin American cities. http://www.businessinsider.com/most-dang...12-10?op=1 . Not saying that I think violence would be an issue, but I was just surprised to see it outranking places like Lima or Guayaquil.

Baltimore

Merenguero - Are you saying you think Baltimore is a better city than DC? That's honestly the first time I've heard someone say that.

Baltimore

Quote: (03-20-2013 06:14 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

Merenguero - Are you saying you think Baltimore is a better city than DC? That's honestly the first time I've heard someone say that.

Yes. In terms of public transportation, financial opportunities, bar closing times, and level of education of the people living there, I would give the edge to D.C. Overall, I consider Baltimore to be a better city.

Baltimore

Quote: (03-20-2013 06:13 PM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

Baltimore was ranked top 50 most dangerous cities in the world by The Citizens Council for Public Security and Criminal Justice. It surpassed many Latin American cities. http://www.businessinsider.com/most-dang...12-10?op=1 . Not saying that I think violence would be an issue, but I was just surprised to see it outranking places like Lima or Guayaquil.

How about this: stick to Federal Hill, the Inner Harbor, Canton, Fells Point, Little Italy, and Power Plant Live. If you do that, there should be little or no safety issues. There is really no reason to go anywhere else.

Baltimore

Quote: (03-20-2013 06:22 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

How about this: stick to Federal Hill, the Inner Harbor, Canton, Fells Point, Little Italy, and Power Plant Live. If you do that, there should be little or no safety issues. There is really no reason to go anywhere else.

Yeah I feel you. I've stated that many times in different threads regarding other places in Latin America. Just don't be an idiot and you'll be fine. I was just pointing out how I thought it was strange that Baltimore would outrank some other spots that come to mind as being dangerous. It's ranking wouldn't stop me from visiting as I've spent a month or more in two of the places on that list.

Baltimore

Quote: (03-20-2013 06:29 PM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

Quote: (03-20-2013 06:22 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

Yeah I feel you. I've stated that many times in different threads regarding other places in Latin America. Just don't be an idiot and you'll be fine. I was just pointing out how I thought it was strange that Baltimore would outrank some other spots that come to mind as being dangerous. It's ranking wouldn't stop me from visiting as I've spent a month or more in two of the places on that list.

Baltimore was the only place on that list that I have lived in, but I was surprised how many places on that list I have visited and/or spent some serious time in.

Baltimore

Downtown LA and Hollywood feel more dangerous than Federal Hill did. In my brief time in Fed Hill, I never felt threatened or in danger.

Baltimore

Quote: (03-20-2013 08:26 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

Downtown LA and Hollywood feel more dangerous than Federal Hill did. In my brief time in Fed Hill, I never felt threatened or in danger.

I think Federal Hill is very safe, although there are often some annoyances there in the form of panhandlers. They obviously live in another part of the city and know that the area fills up with people who may give them something. I don't see those people as dangerous or a threat. The same goes for the other areas of Baltimore which I mentioned. There is a point heading south where Federal Hill turns into South Baltimore. In my opinion, South Baltimore is in no way some horrible, crime-ridden area of the city, but it is not nearly as safe as Federal Hill. There isn't really much reason to go to South Baltimore and try to confirm how safe it really is.

Baltimore

Great analysis by Merenguero of all the Baltimore Neighborhoods. I definitely agree with everything he said, particularly daygame in Towson. Inner Harbor is SHIT. Towson Town Center is a decent sized mall with 4 levels. I was never a fan of mall game but I'd bring up friends from DC and they had a lot of success day gaming in that mall.

Towson definitely deserves a mention as another nightlife scene in the Baltimore area. I moved to Towson right out of college from the DC area for a corporate job, and got a PT job bouncing at a popular bar there (long since closed). It was heaven. I'd bring up DC/UMD guys and they were wide eyed at not just how much better looking girls were, but also how open and friendly they were compared to the run of the mill DC cunt. I moved to Fed because I got a job south of Baltimore (Towson is on the north end) and a 1 hr+ commute. If not, I'd probably still be there.

To be fair, the quality of Towson nightlife has definitely declined. The times I've been there lately, not as many hotties as their used to be and the ratio isn't as good either. But it's still a decent-sized scene with a lot of bars (dirt cheap drinks I might add) and there's still hot Towson U girls going out there. There is European-themed bar-restaurant called 7-West (the DJ plays Bulgarian music videos most of the time, it's pretty cool) as well as the new CVP, and Rec Room. Like Fed, there's a ton of bars, never any covers, and you can just walk around to see what looks good. You'd even be surprised what kind of talent you can find at smaller places like the Crease and Kent Lounge.

When I lived in Towson 06-08 the talent was incredible, especially having just moved from DC. The Crease - ladies night on a Wednesdays - just a regular hole in the wall looking bar but you'd break your neck in there on Wed nights with all the smoking hot TU chicks. I haven't been on a wed night in a few years- that may still be awesome for all I know, if you can make it on a Wednesday, definitely check it out. But I have to admit, when now when I go up to Towson on weekends every so often, the talent is not as great as I remember. That being said, don't let my fond memories ruin what might be an opportunity to tap some fine college ass. You will still find TU hotties and a much lower level of competition compared to Baltimore, let alone if you are coming from another major city.

One thing to keep in mind about Roosh coming to Baltimore back in the day - there was a much more thriving 18 to get in 21 to drink scene until a couple years ago. I think Roosh even mentions Hammerjacks in Bang, which later converted to Bourbon Street, and is now shut down completely. That place....how I miss it. It was gigantic building 3 levels, and the top level was a tiki bar which was cool for isolation. When Bourbon was still around, several of my boys from DC would make the drive up to slay Towson / Loyola girls that went there on Thursday nights. They would drive back to DC at 3/4am and they had to work at 8am the next day. These are guys with serious jobs at government contractors- Delloitte, SAIC, Northrup Grumman etc and they came up on mid-week Bmore bang missions on the regular because the girls were that DTF. But since Bourbon has closed the 18-21 scene is dead now in Bmore, unless there's a new spot.

My theory is that you start throw a population of under 21 pussy into given city, the other girls will step their game up across all age ranges, even if they don't go to the same bars. Older chicks will bitch and complain about how 'disgusting' men are that go to those places, the appearance of young chicks in bars will piss them off to no end. But mark my words, they will subconsciously be stepping their game up- eating better, heels instead of flip flips, etc.

Baltimore

46 homicides in Baltimore City as of 3/20/13

http://data.baltimoresun.com/homicides/

Baltimore

I strongly agree about the Towson Town Center and I forgot to mention that. Another place worth checking out for happy hour and early in the evening is Bill Bateman's Bistro in Towson. It's not right on the Towson University campus like some of the other venues which were mentioned, but it's close by.

Quote: (03-20-2013 10:00 PM)poledaddy Wrote:  

One thing to keep in mind about Roosh coming to Baltimore back in the day - there was a much more thriving 18 to get in 21 to drink scene until a couple years ago. I think Roosh even mentions Hammerjacks in Bang, which later converted to Bourbon Street, and is now shut down completely. That place....how I miss it. It was gigantic building 3 levels, and the top level was a tiki bar which was cool for isolation. When Bourbon was still around, several of my boys from DC would make the drive up to slay Towson / Loyola girls that went there on Thursday nights. They would drive back to DC at 3/4am and they had to work at 8am the next day. These are guys with serious jobs at government contractors- Delloitte, SAIC, Northrup Grumman etc and they came up on mid-week Bmore bang missions on the regular because the girls were that DTF. But since Bourbon has closed the 18-21 scene is dead now in Bmore, unless there's a new spot.

Is there any place with a decent college night in the city right now? I remember years ago, Bohager's was the place. A lot of people really didn't like the crowd there, but the truth is that it had great volume and drew all walks of life. It was something ridiculous like a $5.00 open bar every Thursday including imported beer and many other things. Iguana Cantina later replaced it somewhat as did Hammerjacks/Bourbon Street. Iguana Cantina keeps changing its name. It was called Mist and now it's called something else. Does anyone know if there is still a college night there?