rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Comment on these blazers

Comment on these blazers

Since there have been so much talk about blazers here, I went and took a look in the stores. Found these two (same size and style, different pattern and color) that seem to fit me fairly well. Got these at Ross for $80 each so the price is quite good.

It seems the overall fit might just be a tad bit off given how the fabric bunches up. Shoulder also just seem to be slightly larger than a perfect fit.

Please excuse the tags. I bought these with the intention of returning one or both, so leaving the tags on there for now.

Comment on these blazers

First one looks much better than the second.

Comment on these blazers

Prince of Wales, 1st one, is more traditional.

And neither of these suit jackets are blazers. They're prolly suit separates.

WIA

Comment on these blazers

Too big, and probably too short.

Comment on these blazers

Short and too loose.

How tall are you? And did you purchase a short, regular, or long jacket?

My day-to-day life has consisted of working on suits for six years running. The general guide I've used is (approximately) ...
... 5 ft. 7 in. and under = Short
... 5 ft. 8 in. to 5 ft. 11 in. = Regular
... 6 ft. to 6 ft. 3 in. = Long
... 6 ft. 4 in. and above = Extra Long

Of course everyone is different, fortunately some adjustments can be made to make most suits fit better. Unfortunately, for those with a very unusual build, custom suiting is almost required to achieve the desired look.

I also agree with WIA, those look like suit separates, not blazers.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Comment on these blazers

Thank you for the feedback, everyone. I guess both jackets will be returned.

I'm 5'10'', so it looks like I should look at a 36R. These are 36S. Would a 36R's sleeves be a bit too long? I guess I will also find a size smaller than 36. Do they even have a size smaller than that off the rack?

Comment on these blazers

36? You look bigger than me and I wear a 38. Blazer size refers to shoulders, so you can't just get something smaller to get shorter sleeves. My suggestion is to return these. Are these Calvin Klein? Save money and buy one good well fitting blazer rather than something that makes you look like a car salesman. Is there a Zara near you? They are not much more and are way more stylish and slim fitting.

Comment on these blazers

they will need fitting on the waist.

Comment on these blazers

I would get rid of those jeans too, personally. Well fitting dark denim without any girlie stuff on the back is best.

Comment on these blazers

Go for something without shoulder pads.

Comment on these blazers

Those aren't blazers. And unless you want to die a horrible death, absolutely DO NOT wear either with jeans.

Comment on these blazers

Hey Pacific-
Those are suit seperates, not blazers. And there is a reason you found them at Ross. Return them and do what Menace said - go to Zara. Zara is affordable and stylish. By the way, never shop at Ross again unless you are buying socks.

Comment on these blazers

Quote: (03-03-2013 05:50 PM)kenny_powers Wrote:  

Hey Pacific-
Those are suit seperates, not blazers. And there is a reason you found them at Ross. Return them and do what Menace said - go to Zara. Zara is affordable and stylish. By the way, never shop at Ross again unless you are buying socks.

Or trying to bang some underage Mexican chicks. Ross is also good for that.

Comment on these blazers

Those Blazers/Coats might work with a Solid Blue Denim and White or Black Shirt.

That Striped Shirt with the Blazer is a no no..... Plain Shirt would work better.

"You can not fake good kids" - Mike Pence

Comment on these blazers

how do you distinguish between a blazer and a suit jacket? I didn't even know that there is a difference..

Comment on these blazers

http://www.esquire.com/style/tips/blazer...acket-0709

Comment on these blazers

paging gmanifesto

Check out my occasionally updated travel thread - The Wroclaw Gambit II: Dzięki Bogu - as I prepare to emigrate to Poland.

Comment on these blazers

I checked out Zara as per people's suggestions. They do have some stylish jackets, however, their clothing seem to be designed for skinny people. Of the few that I tried, either the sleeves are so skinny that I cannot fit my arms through, or the body/waist is too large. I guess I have relatively larger arms from surfing.

Here is another one, at size 38R.

Comment on these blazers

Lose the white tee under your shirt.

Comment on these blazers

I like it, make sure you tailor the sleeves.