rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Full Moon Party Guide (Samui Thailand)

What up fam. Its wild that its been a year since I joined the forum. I've been locked up in Kuwait for 16 months and finally out mid January of this year to smash what I can. I hit up Rio last month and now I'm in Thailand for a while. My big homie is on Samui so I came to kick it before I hit BKK up. Few stats on me. 27, 5'6, blk, a well built 160. Game is intermediate. 70+ notches. Alright into the report.

About:
Full moon party on Samui is the first of its kind. Ive never heard of it till I hit the island yesterday morning. Basically its a monthly international Spring Break as a reference. It is not on Samui, but on another island that about a 25 minute speedboat ride. The island is a mini french quarter in a sense of the vendors, tight streets, and few balconys. The beach has about 12 clubs on about a mile stretch of beach.

Logistics:
This is where I messed up. As its been preached on the forum countless times. Logistics, logistics, logistics. I will go into the mistakes that was made and what should be done. First, my room is on the island of Samui. I cant comment on how many people stay on Samui or how many stay on the island where I was located.
Regardless. Your goal needs to be to stay on the island. Once you esclate and are able to get her away from her friends, or offer an after party spot, you can walk to your room. If you plan on smashing same night you need to be on the island. No if and or buts about it.

If you are staying on Samui. Most people book the speed boat for 700baht round trip. If possible, its better to book one way for 350 or less. Otherwise, when leaving the island you can wait up to 2 hours to get off the island. Sidenote if you are in a rush to get off you are going to have to bosshog your way to the front. We would have saved 2 hours had we had stay in the position we took. If you decide to take another taxi back over. They purposely take you far down the island to where you can get to take a cab to get back to your orginal pier. Now can you imagine keeping a lizard wet during the long ass process?

Prices:
Its Thailand so he prices are relatively low. Hotel on the islands go for about 50-65 USD for three days, the entrance to the beach is about 4 USD, the popular buckets of mixed drinks start at about 13 USD. We talked them down to 10USD or 300baht. There are food vendors everywhere. Key is to dont accept the price they say. Too much competition to be raped. Relatively haha. Remember it is Thailand.

Women:
Very few Thais go to these event. Maybe 10% of the women are actual Thai women. Most Westerners, few east Asian, I spit at some Argentinians, and Few Jewish women. To me the Scandianavian chicks were the baddest followed by the Jewish princesses. I didnt notice any Brits suprisingly. Shitload of Aussies tho. Ranges are 6-8, mostly thin. Didnt notice too many party druggers. Maybe 15% were on some X. Ages are from 18-25. Very few old bitches.

Game:

Phone is going to die. Update later. Let me know if i need to add anything. I will adjust the grammer when i get to my laptop.

The cycle of disrespect can start with just an appetizer.

Isn't the full moon party in Koh Phagnan at Haad Rin beach? Nice report man, have fun in Thailand!

Who would recommend the Full Moon Party as a solo traveller?

If I were to go, it would be wet season on the East Coast (where FMP is) as I'm travelling in early December. If I skip the party, I can just head straight to Phuket and Phi Phi on the West Coast where it's peak season. Is it worth the journey?

Staying in Koh Samui for the FMP is a terrible logistical move. You're essentially cockblocking yourself by ensuring you've no room to bring a girl back to until you can find a boat to bring you back to your island, which she'll never agree to go to in the first place if shes staying on Koh Phangan.

You're far better off staying in one of the many, many places near the FMP beach so you can walk back and forth from it. This is great for both laziness and obvious pulling reasons. You can spend a few nights here, then also spend a few nights on Koh Samui before/after the FMP if you want to experience both islands.

@Adrenaline if you're fairly high energy and have no problem making friends with drunken party goers of both sexes I'd say go for it. It might be a bit iffy for a single guy there exclusively to hunt for girls I'd say though, as a lot of girls are a bit on guard because they're paranoid about the 'dangers' of the FMP and the guy heavy ratio. I saw lots of guys get straight blown out for doing cold approaches for this reason. The best game to work with is being the center of the party, fun guy game - if youre in a mixed group visibly having fun already girls are way, way more open.

I was there at the start of the wet season (October) and it was still very busy. Its quite overrated - its way too busy, and ratios are very guy heavy. But its still definitely something everyone should do once. I found the nights leading up to the FMP (ie the 2/3 nights before it) a lot better than the FMP itself. Still nicely busy, but not as overpacked.

I would skip it. December is no longer the wet season that's actually when Thailand has the nicest weather where it isn't so insanely hot. The FMP is so cringe worthy with all the douchy idiots you see. Groups of guys in their stupid matching pink outfits and headbands, idiots cruising on their motorbikes with beers in their hand thinking they're cool. It's really just dreadful, and definitely not something ''everyone should do once''. If you have been to any other party on any of the other islands in Thailand or tourist areas you have experienced the FMP, just on a smaller scale. Also hotel prices go way up and a lot of them make you stay a minimum of 4-5 nights in order to take your booking, which is how my friend fucked us over having to stay on the island for so long. Not to sound like an old know it all, but my first trip to Thailand it was so hyped up and imo all for nothing, people go so they can put on their Facebook that they went.

I would go to Phuket and Phi Phi. In Phuket I would stay in Kata beach (quieter) and then venture into Patong at nights a few times.

I can be the center of the party if I'm completely drunk, and always leave my friends in clubs to party it up by myself on the dance floor. While sober I'm more of the laid back guy and not aggressive at all.

Kdog- December is still monsoon season on the east coast, although you're right about everywhere else in the country. If it's such a sausage fest I might give it a miss but I doubt any of the other islands will be any different! Every single girl who's DTF within a 10,000 km radius will be at that party lol. Accommodation is already booked (but can be cancelled) at a solid 3 star hotel which set me back $200 over 3 nights so that isn't an issue.

Quote: (10-16-2014 09:41 AM)Kdog Wrote:  

The FMP is so cringe worthy with all the douchy idiots you see. Groups of guys in their stupid matching pink outfits and headbands, idiots cruising on their motorbikes with beers in their hand thinking they're cool. It's really just dreadful, and definitely not something ''everyone should do once''. If you have been to any other party on any of the other islands in Thailand or tourist areas you have experienced the FMP, just on a smaller scale.

I don't think its quite that bad. Yes, its way too packed on the FMP night itself, and ratios are off (I'd say 65/35), and there are a lot of bogans....but at the same time its got quite a uniquely festival-ish atmosphere. And its a party on a warm beach, with thousands of people, and 1eur beers. Its extremely impressive.

I think if someone is 20-30 years old, likes rave/nightclub environments, goes with a group of mates, and is a high energy game type person they can have great fun at the FMP. A couple of my mates managed to bang multiple girls each night we were there due to having accom about 100m away from the beach - bring a girl back, then get rid of her and head out again. When the party goes from 10pm-6am 100m away from your door its possible to pull this kinda stuff off.

I can see why some people dislike it, given how overrated it is (BEST PARTY IN THE WORLD and all that you see on travel blogs). Overall I think most guys on this forum would have quite a good time at it though - you just have to be aware of what exactly it is, and be honest with yourself if you like that sort of environment (which isn't for everyone). If you're not in good shape, or usually run charm game, or are older etc you may struggle. Just think of it a bit like an Ibiza or Vegas pool party environment.

I posted in another thread about thailand.
The trick is to go there a few days before hand. The party is still huge on the beach every night of the week. Its just less chaotic and easier to meet women.
I have never had so much sex in my life as I had the week before full moon party on Haad Rin Beach.

The less fucks you give, the more fucks you get.

Anybody going for this month FMP on the 23rd? I just booked a villa near haad rin, I could split the fee (120$ each)

[Image: thumb_thisthreadisworthlesswithoutp.gif]

Tell them too much, they wouldn't understand; tell them what they know, they would yawn.
They have to move up by responding to challenges, not too easy not too hard, until they paused at what they always think is the end of the road for all time instead of a momentary break in an endless upward spiral

I'm on Haad Rin beach at the moment and all I can say so far is OVERRATED. Went to the Christmas full moon party last night and whilst fun, the party was at least 70% men, and most of the women were western. Where are all the European (especially Scandinavian) and Latina women? It's also extremely difficult to pull because the girls are on guard at all times. I made out with a Mexican girl but her friends wouldn't leave her side or let me go any further.

Then I just checked out the beach again tonight and it's almost empty with barely a single woman without a boyfriend that I would go for.

While we're at it, Koh Samui was also a shithole full of thirsty guys and hookers. Phi Phi was so much better than anything on this east coast so far.

Anyone else here at the moment? Am I missing something?

Few Europeans will travel down for Christmas. February/March is peak Scando season. I'd say its mostly Australians there now?

Haad Rin completely empties out after the FMP. Its only busy for the 3/4 nights before it and the night itself. You should get yourself over to Koh Tao. Thats where its going to be busy for the week after the FMP. Then maybe head back to Phangan for the few nights before the half-moon party if you're still in the area.

Yep, Aussies and English everywhere. Being Christmas and new years period though, it should be busy every night because there was a party yesterday and another one for New Year's Eve in under a week. I would understand if it emptied out after the new years party but seems odd that it would be so dead between Christmas and New Years.

Ah, I forgot about NYE. I'd imagine people should stick around Haad Rin for that so rather than going to Koh Tao. Maybe the night after the FMP might just be dead because everyone's partied out? And hopefully it'll recover on the nights leading up to NYE.

With the ratios you just need to be hitting on girls early in the night I found. By 2am all the single girls are gone, so the ratio nosedives. And most guys are drunk enough to begin approaching by then, so the few remaining women get far more picky (and bitchier). If you put yourself out there and approaching girls from early-on you'll do a lot better - more girls in general, and lower bitch shields.

Though I guess I've never been during peak Aussie season. Things are probably a lot worse than when I was there because of that. I couldn't imagine a worse demographic for stiff male competition and masculine girls.

I checked out Haad Rin beach again tonight and it was just as empty as last night, so that rules out the Christmas Full Moon Party hangover theory. Agree with striking early though. That would be my strategy if there were anything to strike on!

The nights before full moon party are way better.
Show up 6 days before. There are still thousands of people partying on the beach. Every night you get closer to the full moon party, more and more people show up.

I cant recommend this enough. I have done it three times and I have never had so much sex in my life!

One time we decided to stay a few days after full moon party. That was a big mistake as the place was deserted.

The less fucks you give, the more fucks you get.

I did get here 6 nights before but with only 3 more nights until the New Year's Eve full moon party, it's still dead.

Spalex what was the quality like of the girls you were banging? 6-8 Westerners? Anything else to do on the island besides party?

^ There's enough to keep you occupied for a few days (Take a tour, Water World, hire a bike and cruise the island) but once you've done all that, there's zero to do in the day times other than lounge by the beach if the weather is decent. If you come with enough friends I guess you could play some beach soccer etc. It's like any other island really.

Personally, anything over a week would drive me insane. Need the hustle and bustle and never ending possibilities of city life.

I was discussing the beach party thing recently with a pua who was staying in Bali for some months while working remotely. He only goes for locals and said it was pretty tough with the westerner girls due to competition and groups. After one party he called it quits. But when I said so better to bring a girl with you he said don't bring sand to the beach. But I guess the islands in thailands only really have hookers as opposed to a place like Bali?

There aren't as many hookers on the islands (Koh Phangan, Phi Phi, Koh Tao etc) as you'll see in places such as Pattaya, Koh Samui and Phuket. In fact, there aren't many Thai girls in general outside of the few locals. It is extremely tough going with the tourist girls though due to bad ratios, groups (whether they came together or met in hostels earlier in the day) and a lot of competition from good looking guys. If you haven't got a beach body or aren't at least a 7 or 8/10 on the appearance scale I do not like your chances on these islands at all through pure night game.

Are the quality of girls even that worth it to plan my month around one of the parties?

Having made the same mistake, from my first impressions, hell no. Not at this time of the year anyway. The European summer may bring better quality. I don't know.

I've been to Bangkok, Phuket, Samui and Koh Phangan in the last month or so and to be honest tourist girls everywhere have been slim pickings. Bangkok is great if you're into Asians though. The islands and everything down south is just a massive cock fest right now, with a lot of couples, families and kids running around. Not impressed.

Why on earth would anyone go to Thailand to bang Western girls?

Writes a guide on Full Moon Party and doesn't even know where it is hehe