rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Germany? Where are the hotspots?

I'm looking at a 2-3 week stint in Germany, leaving in the next week or so. However, I haven't decided on my itinerary. I'm going on vacation, but I'll also be logging in to work from time to time so I can extend my number of vacation days.

The tickets, from what I've seen, are the cheapest to Frankfurt International. However, Frankfurt seems to be a business city. I would like to travel to Munich, but I hear its the most expensive city. I have around $1000 for the trip excluding tickets.

How is Berlin? Should I take a leaf from Roosh's writings and go to Leipzig, which is basically Poland?

I'd also like to travel a lot and possibly use couchsurfing to travel and hopefully get laid. What's the best way to travel between cities on short notice? Is the Deutsche Bahn reasonable or is renting a car better? I can book the air tickets to and from different cities.

Looking forward to your thoughts!

I should add, I'm going to Germany because I plan to move there shortly and want to study there as well. I already know German at an A2 (conversational) level but it sucks because I never get the chance to practice.

Quote: (02-21-2013 02:02 PM)augen sehen Wrote:  

The tickets, from what I've seen, are the cheapest to Frankfurt International. However, Frankfurt seems to be a business city.

Frankfurt in total is pretty lame. Sure, there are some nice spots, but I wouldnt blow my vacation time to discover them. Its a business city with little charm to it.

How is Berlin? Should I take a leaf from Roosh's writings and go to Leipzig, which is basically Poland?

There are already some threads on Berlin, but to cut it short, go there, its interesting.

I'd also like to travel a lot and possibly use couchsurfing to travel and hopefully get laid. What's the best way to travel between cities on short notice? Is the Deutsche Bahn reasonable or is renting a car better? I can book the air tickets to and from different cities.

Deutsche Bahn is the most convenient way, but also the most expensive one. Check out: http://www.mitfahrgelegenheit.de/. Its a share-a-ride service and works pretty well, especially on shorter notice.

Thanks for the link to the ride sharing service. I remember reading a hilarious post on toytown germany where some woman was convinced everyone she rode with was flirting with her. The power of the hamster.

What are some other good cities, aside from Berlin? Anything on the west side? Is Amsterdam worth a visit?

Well, I dont really know other big German cities besides Berlin, Frankfurt and Hamburg. Sure, Ive been to Cologne, but all I can remember is the Dom, which is pretty impressive by the way. Amsterdam is cool, Ive only been there for a couple of days, so Im no expert, though.

Come to Cologne.
Nightlife in bangin', everything is in short distances, there's places where you've 10 clubs+ in a range of 10 minutes footwalk.
We got all kinds of women, german, turkish, black , arab, asian ,slavic , young, old ...
And we're like the chattiest and most welcoming bunch of people in Germany.
There's everything you want, and the city is never empty, not in the summer , nor winter.

There's also several big cities you can always visit , like Bonn or Düsseldorf which is good for upscale clubbin.

I'm actually quite surprised Cologne never gets that much attention, besides on carnival.
Probably because everything of architectical value was bombed during ww2, but still.

Berlin is very 'cool', whilst Hamburg has a great party district known as St. Pauli, specifically a road named the Reeperbahn and the streets that come off of it. I love Germany.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Read all the other threads on Germany... its all there if you look.

http://aktuell.nationalatlas.de/Sexualpr...010.0.html
as long as you stay in the big cities, you can go anywhere. see red areas for poosy paradises

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

I'd recommend Hamburg. I love Germany and despite their weird ways I love Germans (as do most Brits who've actually been to DE)

Head to Cologne and Dusseldorf.

I agree with the travel advice given so far. The south of Germany is much more densely populated - more cities to visit and a more interesting landscape, imho.

In the north, Hamburg is pretty much the only city worth visiting. In the east, it's Berlin, Leipzig, Dresden.

I only visited Cologne, Dusseldorf and Essen for a short time, but yes, i agree with Branimir, i remember a good number of "kinds" of women around those cities, especially the first two cities.

"What is important is to try to develop insights and wisdom rather than mere knowledge, respect someone's character rather than his learning, and nurture men of character rather than mere talents." - Inazo Nitobe

When i´m feeling blue, when i just need something to shock me up, i look at this thread and everything get better!

Letters from the battlefront: Argentina

I live in berlin now and i think as far as night life goes its the best place in the world I can think of (in terms of partying all night, not necessarily for girls). leipzig has a great alternative/arts scene and the girls seem hotter there than anywhere else i"ve been in germany. hamburg is fun but very touristy along the reeperbahn, and the clubs were kind of shitty in my opinion. I've heard great things about cologne and that the people there are extremely fun and outgoing, i would suggest cologne or berlin

Dusseldorf is full of good looking women and is expensive enough to keep unattractive poor immigrants out of the city center to some extent. But a lot of the guys look like A&F model wannabes so competition is strong.

Quote: (03-01-2013 07:17 PM)sevenseers Wrote:  

I live in berlin now and i think as far as night life goes its the best place in the world I can think of (in terms of partying all night, not necessarily for girls). leipzig has a great alternative/arts scene and the girls seem hotter there than anywhere else i"ve been in germany. hamburg is fun but very touristy along the reeperbahn, and the clubs were kind of shitty in my opinion. I've heard great things about cologne and that the people there are extremely fun and outgoing, i would suggest cologne or berlin

Sevenseers I agree about Leipzig but found Dresden to have more varied nightlife and quite a few hot Polish students.

Quote: (03-02-2013 10:27 PM)EU Explorer Wrote:  

Sevenseers I agree about Leipzig but found Dresden to have more varied nightlife and quite a few hot Polish students.

still havent made it there yet, its next on my list [Image: smile.gif]

I've been to Munich and really enjoyed myself, excellent sights, good nightlife, great food/beer. Although I've heard that Munich is not a good representation of Germany as a whole as the Bavarian way of life is quite distinct. I didn't find it too expensive but then again I'm used to paying super-inflated UK prices for everything!

Quote: (03-02-2013 10:27 PM)EU Explorer Wrote:  

That's interesting...everyone I have spoken to recommended Leipzig to me over Dresden in terms of liveliness and night life.

Some even call Leipzig the new Berlin of Germany...I don't know whether that is a good thing or not but one can say for certain that Leipzig attracts a lot of young people these days.

Dresden seems to be a bit more conservative.

Unfortunately, I cannot really comment from experience on this as I haven't experienced the night life in either of the two cities.

Edit: article on Leipzig

http://www.spiegel.de/international/zeit...63088.html

I visited a friend who had a temporary art gallery in leipzig, and that was the general buzz of the town: "the new berlin" though i think its kind of impossible for a city its size. but anyways, my friend was paying 80 eur a month for rent in a semi-squat in a district called plakwitz. this is where the young people are at and i honestly had a great time there. if i didnt find this job in berlin i would have moved there myself

I'm in Berlin now, and it is amazing. The level of talent is like nothing I've seen. Every other girl is very attractive and made up, even when they're bundled up in winter clothes. Even the Asian girls in Wedding are very attractive.

I have gone out to a couple of bars in Kreuzberg but find it difficult to approach since everyone is sitting down and in groups. One bar I went to even ruined my "do you have a light" opener since every table had a big-ass burning candle.

Quote: (03-04-2013 09:50 AM)augen sehen Wrote:  

I'm in Berlin now, and it is amazing. The level of talent is like nothing I've seen. Every other girl is very attractive and made up, even when they're bundled up in winter clothes. Even the Asian girls in Wedding are very attractive.

I have gone out to a couple of bars in Kreuzberg but find it difficult to approach since everyone is sitting down and in groups. One bar I went to even ruined my "do you have a light" opener since every table had a big-ass burning candle.

which bars have you been in? theres tons of reat nightlife spots that are literally open all weekend (friday night until monday morning nonstop) that are full of girls

Quote: (03-04-2013 09:50 AM)augen sehen Wrote:  

Are you talking about Berlin, Germany? [Image: huh.gif]

How about Nuremburg? I'm trying for a position over that way, and will be in proximity.

The hotspots are all the places with large eastern European presence namely Düsseldorf, cities in Bayern like Nuremberg,Stuttgard, Berlin,Cologne.Of course the best hotspots are the old German cities of Breslau, Posen, Stettin, Danzig with their current inhabitants.

Quote: (03-05-2013 09:02 AM)Greek kamaki Wrote:  

The hotspots are all the places with large eastern European presence namely Düsseldorf, cities in Bayern like Nuremberg,Stuttgard, Berlin,Cologne.Of course the best hotspots are the old German cities of Breslau, Posen, Stettin, Danzig with their current inhabitants.

don't go to Dusseldorf. is so boring. Koln is in the vicinity and is so much better and way less posh.