rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Does your Game ever go away?

Let's say you're doing great with women for a few years. Of course you have ups and downs like anything but nothing to bad. You stop focusing on girls for a few months or years. Will you be able to pick up right where you left off when you get back in it? Have to start from scratch? Or just take some time to get back in the groove?

Recently cooled off my game to focus on homework and the gym now that I have a FWB at college. Got bored of her quickly though... thought I might be rusty at first but I still had it immediately. The biggest thing is the frustration of having to approach. If you're currently having sex, the subconscious doesn't feel the need to approach, and if you just got cut off, you just lack the motivation to have to start all over again. I would say that a man's game is never lost - it's just motivation and drive that can take a while to re-manifest, along with the right mental state to bring back the player in him.

You don't lose game, your learning capacity is limited each time, and when the higher levels appear you think your game is gone, when in reality you aren't just good enough at that point.

You start learning game as 3/10 man -> you become 6/10, alpha for a 5 -> you lose her because you can't compete with a 7/10 man -> you start as a 6/10 and improve to be 8/10 man, alpha for a 7/10 girl -> you lose her for 9/10 guys -> you improve yourself to be a 9+/10 guy

I agree, you don't "lose game". If anything, you'll be limited by logistics, condition (loads of work to do, no time) or anything else in your environment.

"Fart, and if you must, fart often. But always fart without apology. Fart for freedom, fart for liberty, and fart proudly" (Ben Franklin)

Some aspects stay, some aspects leave.

The confidence and overall 'game consciousness' stays.
Technical stuff like storytelling goes out of the window without practice, as does quick humour.

It's like muscle memory: It goes, but comes back a lot quicker.

I started learning game in 2006 and got decent. Then the last few years of grad school killed my game. I was working in remote areas and had very little contact with people, much less women. It's coming back pretty fast though. I think Roosh's style is much more robust than the old school (Mystery, Joker, etc.) guys because it focuses more on concepts rather than specifics.

Quote: (02-19-2013 02:33 AM)houston Wrote:  

Let's say you're doing great with women for a few years. Of course you have ups and downs like anything but nothing to bad. You stop focusing on girls for a few months or years. Will you be able to pick up right where you left off when you get back in it? Have to start from scratch? Or just take some time to get back in the groove?

I think it depends.

If someone stopped Game and go married in 2004 or so, and got back in the Game today, I think they would be kind of f*cked with all the smart phones, texting, facebooking, Okstupid, Plenty of Shrimp etc.

I actually have a friend that is in that situation.

But I think he is doing fine, because he is straight G.

But your "average guy with average game" might be f*cked. At least for a while.

Some of the younger guys don't really have the perspective for this. If you get married (and faithful), or a true LTR, you can lose these things. Pretty much like any other skill you develop. I recomend constant flirting (even when faithful) to keep your mind in the game.

When your skills start to get good, and you're dating an amazing beauty, and you have her trained to treat you better than any woman has ever treated you before, it can be really easy to "retire" for a long time and focus on succeeding in other aspects of your life. But the game never ends.

I think you have yo define what "game" is first...

Is it our attitude? Is it not taking girls seriously? Is it rapport? Is it being able to dance well? Is it just being able to hold abnormal conversation? Is it more than conversation? Is it just leading physically while Aldo remaining chill?

If we think of game in 2 portions
- outer game - what you look like, what you say - the tangible pieces of game
and
- inner game - what you believe, how you carry yourself through life

The outer can fade quickly, but can be quickly renewed
The inner fades more slowly, but if you take a major hit, it can also take a while to repair itself.

Once you've been exposed, it's hard to forget entirely.

WIA

I stopped trying in October so I could focus all of my efforts on school and my game disappeared.

What a mistake that was!

Before I quit I was on a hot streak. Since then nada.

What's worse is I keep making excuses that I'm too busy or I don't have enough money when that is not the truth.

During periods when I park my game for a while, elements definitely get a little rusty. Whereas I'm not likely to make any major mistakes during times where I'm approaching regularly, I'm apt to little slip-ups, omissions, and less-than-stellar conversation after a hiatus. I don't revert to bonehead moves, though.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

The biggest thing I noticed go away when I stopped working on game was the ability to catch opportunities. I was interacting with fuckable women so infrequently that when I was talking with one I'd completely miss out on her IOIs and not follow up on any DHVs. Basically I forgot how to read a girls buying temperature. It's still probably my biggest weakness but I've been slowly working on it and have been seeing results.

As an example: The other night I got a notch because I had a girl who was a long time friend, not someone I'd normally try and fuck, over and I noticed she was flipping her hair constantly. The ability to observe that kind of signal and know how to act on it goes away (at least for me) if I'm not interacting with women on a regular basis. Six months ago I probably would have missed it.

I got involved in a long LTR (over 5 years) and after I got out of it I lost that confidence I had before I went into it... I would game any girl any where before my LTR it didnt matter... after not doing that for years I lost it.

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

For me it's like muscle memory. It takes a while to lift a certain weight or become proficient at a certain activity. If I take time off I get rusty, but once I start again it doesn't take very long to reach the previous skill/set point.

As Kitsune and Neo said, it's like muscle memory. You'll lose it but working at it again and you'll get back up to where you were and can push on.

It's like when a sportsman comes back from injury too. I follow football (real football, played with the foot) and if a player comes back from a lengthy injury or hasn't been selected for a while, they're rusty for a few games and off the pace.

For the world class players (read naturals in "game") they can slot back in almost effortlessly.

I guess it all depends on what type of person you are but knowing game, how social interactions work, how you learn to view society through studying game and the red pill world can never be "unseen". You will always look at things that way. I don't believe this is a "phase" you will snap out of one day and say to your wife of 10-15 years "oh honey, I remember a time when I used to believe in a subconscious social movement 'conspiracy' to emasculate men and that having marriage would lead me down a path to misery and financial woe. Now, I've left £50 on the side for Fabio, our young Italian gardener. He's round in an hour. I'm off to work now."

Quote: (02-19-2013 02:33 AM)houston Wrote:  

I don't think you lose it, as I believe that core of what you did before still remains in the back of your mind, but I do find myself forgetting things I naturally was accustomed to in terms of sexual escalation or trying to plan on the fly logistics if I stop gaming for a period.

Truth be told I have been going out here and there, grabbing my numbers and meeting up with women, but I've been far less active than ever before. I've been focusing on making money and maintaining good grades in school, and treating women and other shit secondary to those two interests.

It's always a balance and a shift, and right now I've shifted away from making game a priority of my life, but know I'll be right back in due time, even if that means I'll be a little rusty.

A humble gentleman's blog about pussy, cigars, and game.

LATEST POST:
The Problem With Nightclubs

Also check out my blog for cigar discussion and reviews.

Use it or lose it. First it gets rusty, then it starts dissapearing. Just like every single skill.

Quote: (02-19-2013 01:48 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

During periods when I park my game for a while, elements definitely get a little rusty. Whereas I'm not likely to make any major mistakes during times where I'm approaching regularly, I'm apt to little slip-ups, omissions, and less-than-stellar conversation after a hiatus. I don't revert to bonehead moves, though.

I've spent years going 6 months at a time without pussy, beer, approaches, venues, ect. My best numbers pulls come immediately after returning to civilization. "Don't give a fuck" game is off the charts. While small elements may be rusty, other pieces cover those. This lasts for about a month, then levels off, and by then I'm back in the normal groove where it all comes back.

Even in an LTR, just going out on occasion and being sociable, flirting, ect. can keep your game up to par. I don't think it's losing "game" so much as not being fluid in the environments where you pull.

Quote: (02-20-2013 10:23 AM)Volk Wrote:  

Use it or lose it. First it gets rusty, then it starts dissapearing. Just like every single skill.

Skills don't disappear, you can't unlearn something. They lessen in effectiveness if you don't work on them or use them for a period of time, but without physical or mental impairment through injury or illness, then you will always remember how to do a skillet.

I went on a skateboard for the first time in 3 years recently and was still able to do all the tricks I used to be able to do. I haven't ridden a bike in a about 6 years but I'm pretty confident I can go back onto one and ride it.

Quote: (02-20-2013 10:39 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

I've spent years going 6 months at a time without pussy, beer, approaches, venues, ect. My best numbers pulls come immediately after returning to civilization. "Don't give a fuck" game is off the charts. While small elements may be rusty, other pieces cover those. This lasts for about a month, then levels off, and by then I'm back in the normal groove where it all comes back.

I find it's the opposite with me. 6+ months without practicing is the time when I find it hardest not to give a fuck. That's when it's the hardest for me both to cold-approach and to keep my cool when I've snagged the attention of a good-looking girl.

Quote: (02-20-2013 12:03 PM)MattC Wrote:  

Skills don't disappear, you can't unlearn something. They lessen in effectiveness if you don't work on them or use them for a period of time, but without physical or mental impairment through injury or illness, then you will always remember how to do a skillet.

I went on a skateboard for the first time in 3 years recently and was still able to do all the tricks I used to be able to do. I haven't ridden a bike in a about 6 years but I'm pretty confident I can go back onto one and ride it.

Maybe you mean to unlearn something you've mastered. You will never forget something that is second nature already. But try learning a language for 6 months and then stop for 2 years and see where it ends up.

Quote: (02-20-2013 06:43 PM)Volk Wrote:  

Quote: (02-20-2013 12:03 PM)MattC Wrote:  

Maybe you mean to unlearn something you've mastered. You will never forget something that is second nature already. But try learning a language for 6 months and then stop for 2 years and see where it ends up.

I still don't think that's any different to what I said in my first post. You will be rusty but it won't all just disappear.

If you go back to the question "does game ever go away?" then you can't really provide an answer. Take your example, you learn Spanish for 6 months and then don't use it or even try to use it for the rest of your life, how can you tell if it's gone or you could strike up a conversation again in that language?

You can't. But what you can tell is that if you went back to the language say 5 years later or however long, you will have forgotten things or your announciation of words will be off, but your basic skillset that you've learned 5 years prior will still be there. You just need that little spark to light up the fire again and it gets picked up a lot quicker as things come back to you, you won't have to restart from scratch again because it "disappeared". The human mind stores things in its subconscious, it doesn't make room for new stuff by pushing older, unused stuff out.

Yes, maybe you are right. Perhaps there is another reasons that are slowing me down in re-learning some skills I had.

Really depends what you are doing in the time away from game. If you are in social environments, traveling and meeting new people all the time.. then no, it doesn't go away