rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Boston #1, WashDC #3 cities for single men, SF #1 for women. NYC unranked.

New study factors in cost of living, walkability, amount of bars, and ratio of singles...

I know this doesn't agree fully with the conventional rooshvforum wisdom, but your insights on the study, gentlemen?

http://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/finance/2...gle-women/
http://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/finance/2...ingle-men/

Best cities for single men

1. Boston, MA

Unmarried women outnumber unmarried men in Boston, and the walkable layout and variety of bars and gyms are conducive to dating as well. Dates are a little pricier here, but the low unemployment rates makes it likely you’ll both be able to afford it. There are plenty of date options, including Red Sox games, walking the Freedom Trail and dinner in the North End.

2. Baltimore, MD

With a great ratio of unmarried men to women for single males, Baltimore comes in at the number two spot. The city also has many bars and gyms and an average unemployment rate. And if you like seafood and crab cakes, you’ll have plenty of restaurant options for dates.

3. Washington, DC

Washington has about 10 unmarried women for every 9 unmarried men. Add these odds to the walkability of the city and the large number of bars and gyms, and you’ve got a great place to be a single guy.

4. Philadelphia, PA

Philadelphia is highly walkable with a moderate cost of living and more unmarried women than unmarried men. Philadelphia has a rich arts culture (not to mention its delicious cheesesteak), so you can explore music and museums on your dates.

5. Denver, CO

Although Denver has more unmarried men than unmarried women, the city makes up for this skewed ratio with a low unemployment rate, low cost of living and large number of bars and gyms per capita. Denver is full of nature-lovers, so there are plenty of date options for outdoorsy people, such as nearby hiking and skiing in the mountains.

6. Fort Worth, TX

Fort Worth is highly affordable, with a low cost of living and low unemployment rate. The city also has more unmarried women than unmarried men, and although you’ll be fairly car-dependent here, you can explore Fort Worth’s thriving music scene and great Mexican food with your date.

7. Seattle, WA

Seattle is high walkable, with a very low unemployment rate and very number of bars and gyms per capita. Seattle is known for great coffee and beer, so you can plan some fun dates at coffee shops or bars.

8. Chicago, IL

Chicago is highly walkable with a moderate cost of living, and the ratio of unmarried men to women is almost even. With deep-dish pizza on every corner and street festivals on every weekend in the summer, there are plenty of fun things to do on dates in this bustling city.

9. San Francisco, CA

Although San Francisco has more unmarried men than women, don’t worry too much about the competition. The city has plenty of bars and gyms where you can meet people, and the unemployment rate for this highly walkable city is low. Plus, the city is known for its delicious food, so you can explore San Francisco’s restaurant scene on your dates.

10. Indianapolis, IN

Indianapolis has fewer unmarried men than unmarried women, and the low cost of living makes it easy to afford dating. Indianapolis is known for its sports, extensive park system and museums, so there are a variety of date options.

Best Cities for Single Women

1. San Francisco, CA

With a whopping 116.2 unmarried men for every 100 unmarried women, San Francisco makes it easy to meet guys. The large amount of gyms and bars and highly walkable city layout make it easy to meet people, and although dates are on the pricey side, the unemployment rate is lower than most big cities. Plus, the city is known for its delicious food, so you can explore San Francisco’s restaurant scene on your dates.

2. Seattle, WA

With its large amount of bars and gyms, it’s clear that Seattle is a city of fit beer-drinkers. The city is very walkable, and the ratio of men to women works in your favor, ladies. Dates are quite pricey because the cost of living is fairly high here. Settle in for some cozy coffee dates in the home of some of the nation’s best coffee shops.

3. San Diego, CA

Among singles, San Diego has a whopping ratio of almost 5 unmarried men for every 4 unmarried women. Although the number of bars and gyms, unemployment rate, Walk Score and date costs are all around average, the ratio alone makes the city friendly to single ladies. Plus, the city is full of fun things to do—you can enjoy the gorgeous beaches, head to the zoo or go hiking.

4. Denver, CO

Denver’s ratio of men to women is close to even, but still slightly in favor of women. The city has a ton of bars and gyms, and the layout is fairly walkable. Dates are on the cheap side here, and unemployment is moderate, making it a great city for single women. Outdoorsy dates are common here, and you can always plan a romantic weekend getaway to the mountains.

5. Austin, TX

Austin, Texas has a high ratio of unmarried men to unmarried women—almost 6 to 5. The city has many bars and gyms, and although it’s not particularly walkable, the unemployment rate is very low, making it overall an excellent city for single women. With its thriving music scene, Austin’s great social life makes the city extremely date-friendly.

6. San Jose, CA

San Jose has a whopping ratio of 126 unmarried men for every 100 unmarried women—that’s more than 5 men for every 4 women! Although the city has a high cost of living, average Walk Score and high unemployment rate, the odds you’ll meet plenty of single guys are high. The city is full of fun things to do as well as more traditional dates—you can get dinner and a movie in Santana Row.

7. Houston, TX

Houston has a great ratio of men to women (115 men for every 100 women), a low cost of living and a low unemployment rate, making it a great city for single women. Houston is known for its delicious Tex-Mex food, so the city has plenty of dinner date options.

8. Honolulu, HI

With 114 men for every 100 women, it’s likely that single women will meet plenty of single men. Honolulu has a moderate amount of bars and gyms per capita, and the city is walkable as well. Although the cost of living is high, the unemployment rate is low, and the weather is great for going out on the town and hanging out at the beach.

9. Boston, MA

Although Boston has fewer unmarried men than unmarried women, the plethora of gyms and bars and the walkable layout all make it likely that you’ll meet members of the opposite sex. The cost of living is high, but unemployment is low, and between Red Sox games, dining on Italian food in the North End and visiting the local breweries, you’ll find plenty of great date activities.

10. Dallas, TX

Dallas has a high ratio of unmarried men to unmarried women, a low cost of living and a low unemployment rate, making it a great city for single women. There’s a ton to do in Dallas as well—Dallas is known for its delicious barbecue food, authentic Mexican cuisine, arts venues and sports teams. Although the city itself isn’t particularly walkable, the city has many nearby trails for hiking and biking, making for great outdoorsy dates.

Ugh. Not another top #10 list without a clue. If the only thing you want to do with women is count them, then yes, maybe this list is accurate. If you actually want to fuck them, then this is just a waste of time. Plus I'm not going to take any advice on women from a site called "nerdwallet."

Does the author realize that the reason why there so many more single men in San Francisco is because there are so many gay men there?

Oh god what a farse. Single women in Boston? Yes, plenty. But why are they single? Most of them are success-driven carousel hoppers approaching 40.

Sure it's a college town, but there's something about the cold air that makes them frigid.

My personal gripe about Boston and DC are that they are full of transient people - school and career wise. It's hard to meet solid male friends that plan to stick around long-term in the area no more than it is to date women like that.

Also, we all know about DC's quality problem.

Quote: (02-06-2013 05:11 PM)RedPillSchool Wrote:  

Oh god what a farse. Single women in Boston? Yes, plenty. But why are they single? Most of them are success-driven carousel hoppers approaching 40.

Sure it's a college town, but there's something about the cold air that makes them frigid.

not only that but most of the hot women in boston are imported from other cities who usually return home after college. few things kill a boner faster than a girl speaking with a boston accent.

the problem with DC is that women there have 1 or 2 masters degrees (bullshit majors usually) so they think they are smart as hell, then combine their education with a career in some chushy government job with an offical title and think their shit dont stink.

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

Seriously, I want to say that Boston is home to the out-of-control drunk chick who turns into this jaded slut who brags about how many guys she bangs, acts like a dude, and chain smokes cigarettes. By 26 she's fat as fuck, and wondering why her friends got married before her.

Many many bad experiences in Boston here.

Horrible list. Author could have thrown darts at a board and come up with something of equal or better quality.

Baltimore is a complete shit-hole. Philadelphia is awful as well when compared to NYC, LA, or Miami. Lost all credibility with those 2 in the top 4.

Another list compiled with just numbers and no actual grounding in reality or personal experience of the author or others.

Hahahahaha, all this list does is look at ratio's - unmarried men to unmarried women.

But unmarried women spinters (age 35+) are disproportionately likely to congregate in certain cities, and whoever made the list (a clueless beta, or woman) misconstrued "singleness" with "eligibility".

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

This is some nice reverse psychology.

WIA

I don't understand, I see Denver always ranked top 10 cities in the US for single men. I just don't see it. I guess I'll find out for myself when I head back to the states, I plan on residing there for a couple of months. Maybe I just haven't found the right places.

"Denver is full of nature-lovers, so there are plenty of date options for outdoorsy people, such as nearby hiking and skiing in the mountains." - That there is a red flag for me. I love to chill in nature myself, but have you seen a good percentage of girl "nature-lovers?" They usually wear burkenstocks and don't comb their hair everyday. There are definitely exceptions to the rule, but through and through, hippy/outdoorsy chicks are typically ugly and don't take care of their physical appearances. The biggest exception though is snowboard bunny's.

And from what I've heard about all the other top 4 minus Baltimore, no one has had anything good to say about the girls.

Quote: (02-06-2013 08:09 PM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

I don't understand, I see Denver always ranked top 10 cities in the US for single men. I just don't see it. I guess I'll find out for myself when I head back to the states, I plan on residing there for a couple of months. Maybe I just haven't found the right places.

And from what I've heard about all the other top 4 minus Baltimore, no one has had anything good to say about the girls.

Trust me, Menver is no singles mecca for men.

This bs survey comes out every year. Who among us hasn't seen the headline "DC: America's Best Place to be Single!" and screamed, "Whaaaaat!?"

By numbers, the survey is actually true. The ratio of women to men is in fact quite favorable. But they all go only by numbers. They forget that all important little variable known as quality. And by that measure, IT'S A CESSPOOL.

All of this is why I take great humor in explaining to people why I'm leaving DC. Men understand it to a T. Women react with near-hostility and defend the city like I'm attacking their family pet.

Single women LOVE it here. And why wouldn't they? 5's and 6's can and do regularly reject good-looking male suitors (8's and even higher), most with stellar incomes. Nowhere else in the country would they get away with that. And so they never leave.

Take a 6 from Los Angeles, put her here and she'll never want to leave. (The number of female California transplants who move to DC and never leave is actually quite high). Compared to where they came from, it's a paradise for nearly all single women.

Meant to include this -- Just another survey backing up how happy women are here:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-..._blog.html

Quote: (02-06-2013 05:56 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

Hahahahaha, all this list does is look at ratio's - unmarried men to unmarried women.

But unmarried women spinters (age 35+) are disproportionately likely to congregate in certain cities, and whoever made the list (a clueless beta, or woman) misconstrued "singleness" with "eligibility".

Another mistake is assuming that women who might be eligible in a given city are putting themselves out there in an accessible manner. By that I mean sitting at a bar or standing, so that they can be approached. In my city, outside of a narrow group of young "party" girls they are not. My preferred targets are late 20's women, but they tend to go out for dinner in a group then leave the venue, bypassing the bar altogether. After seeing this happen a lot I started looking for the "other kind of bar" where I presumed they all went afterward. After six months of searching I gave up. There is no "other kind of bar" where they go.

This is probably not unique to my city. I have a feeling that Internet dating has killed night gaming for late-20's women outside of huge metropolises. In most cities a single woman in her late 20's may not have enough single, extroverted friends to drag her out, so she'll rely entirely on Internet dating for getting it unless she craves the most attractive men, who are better selected in person.

Yeah I really don't get this. Coming from a guy who lives in DFW, I don't see how Ft. Worth is better than Dallas for single guys.

Ft. Worth (Pros & Cons) -
1) Low unemployment rate yes, but not enough diversity in terms of employment options. Everything is a govt. or healthcare job only. Great place to run a small business but the only corporations here are Lockheed and Alcon meaning a ton of people make a killer 40+ minute commute to work somewhere in Dallas area.

2) The social scene here revolves predominantly around TCU chicks who can be cool but predominantly live in their own little bubble not interacting much with the rest of the world. I wanna say 60-70% of the social scene in FW is TCU whereas actualy single young professionals make up less than 10%. The other 20% of the social scene includes married professionals. Not much of an open market here.

3) I know people here in the service industry who go home with hot chicks whenever they want cause they're bartenders, etc. But it's really such a small world as most ppl from Ft. Worth are originally from here making it harder for locals to really be able to relate to transplants that move here for work, which there really aren't many of.

4) The dumbass article of the author said Mexican food and BBQ is better in Dallas, which is bullshit bc it really is better in Ft. Worth.

5) Yes there are snotty Dallas people who think the world revolves around them, but people in Ft. Worth try acting too hard as they are just as guilty about defining themselves based on "where they live." Quality of living in FW is better than Dallas, but its a longer commute to work & not as many single chicks.

Dallas (Pros & Cons)

1) Traffic in Dallas is a lot worse than FW. But there are more opportunities in the surrounding areas here in terms of meeting single chicks, employment options (govt/healthcare yes but much more than that), nightlife, and see & be seen gastronomy. Dallas Stars hockey games are cheaper nowadays as it's a great place to spit game and hit on cougars.

2) People in the Uptown area really define themselves based on where they live overpaying for rent as entry level account executives thinking they have an actual career path who get laid off after a year and move back with mom & dad. It can also be such a small bubble too. I went to a pool party at my friend's apt complex as one guy came up to me asking "you're Ben right?" I guess it was an honor, but I had no idea of who that guy was. Small world as they tend to complain about having to commute anywhere in the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex outside of Uptown.

3) As for the demographics, I'd say SMU chicks are snottier than TCU ones. The good news is that SMU probably makes up less than 10% of the social scene here as the rest of the 90% are true young professionals or cougars that are ready to mingle. If you're a guy in Ft. Worth talking to a TCU girl while not attending TCU yourself, chick is just flat out not going to be able to relate to you. Those issues are not to be found in Dallas.

4) There's a ton of divorced people here in Dallas. Some in Ft. Worth, but predominantly in Dallas. I think living here for most of my life made me realize one thing: At least here, those relationships where an older guy is dating a younger chick don't work...esp when chick is using older dude's money to sleep around with younger guys. I've been on the beneficial side of that before shelling out no $$ for bangs although I of course didn't keep it consistent. I also knew this other med student who was dating a former Dallas Stars player once (Brad Richards) for money and free hockey ticks, but at the same time was banging one of my guy friends too. Lots of opportunities to bang cougars here too as they like to hang out at salsa joints, bars of high end steakhouses, etc. Anyone can get some in Dallas if playing their cards right and therefore makes it more of an open market than Ft. Worth.

Outlook on DFW in General:

1) I'm about to Brazil for 3 or more mos this upcoming May, but I think the best place to live in the area is Las Colinas, which is a neighborhood in Dallas situated not too far off from nightlife or all the professional areas. I lived there for about 4 years. Because people in Ft. Worth and Dallas are so "anti" each other, residents of either city won't give you bitch vibes bc they know this area is strategically located for most young professionals. If people ask why you live in the suburbs, then you can use one of my fav lines "well what can I say, I love married chicks and underage high school chicks" sarcastically as it'll give women a laugh.

2) For a single guy here in DFW, I would recommend not getting "too drunk" at nights as diversifying your venues every weekend. Never become a usual anywhere bc you don't want the female opposition catching onto your bullshit. One weekend night, go to lower Uptown while the next go to upper Uptown. Then Henderson Street the next. Downtown Dallas the next week. A bar in the suburbs like Arlington, Lewisville, Las Colinas, or Denton. Then Downtown Ft. Worth or West 7th. Never become a usual yes, but my strategy was always being sorta of familiar with the whole DFW area in general bc it improves your street cred and makes you more likeable in the eyes of everyone to be on the safe side. It also helps when having friends situated all over the city too.

3) Unless you're a white bartender working in Ft. Worth, don't live in FW for the young professional or lack there of chicks. Can't go wrong with that decision.

Context is king. Is there a thread to tailor forum members to cities they could kill in? By now it's obvious to all of us that any sort of "best city" discussion is nonsensical unless we factor in all the variables.

Quote: (02-06-2013 09:52 PM)EisenBarde Wrote:  

Context is king. Is there a thread to tailor forum members to cities they could kill in? By now it's obvious to all of us that any sort of "best city" discussion is nonsensical unless we factor in all the variables.

Could be an idea for a blog/forum post.

"Top 10 Cities for Men... and for Women"

Quote: (02-06-2013 09:52 PM)EisenBarde Wrote:  

Guys with game can pull anywhere. Adjustments might have to be made for quality and amount of work involved, but the big picture shouldn't involve pussy period. Moving to a city, one needs to factor salary, quality of life, and cost of living.

Quote: (02-06-2013 05:19 PM)bacon Wrote:  

[quote='RedPillSchool' pid='364834' dateline='1360188716']

the problem with DC is that women there have 1 or 2 masters degrees (bullshit majors usually) so they think they are smart as hell, then combine their education with a career in some chushy government job with an offical title and think their shit dont stink.

Thanks Bacon that nearly made me spit out my drink all over my laptop with laughter [Image: smile.gif] ....the other similar saying I have is that they are 'very pleased with themselves' [Image: smile.gif]

So what variables should we look at, if we wanted to quantity which cities were best for real men? Off the top of my head, I'm thinking:

1) Keep the single male to female ratio, but lower the age cap for women, and include other things, such as
2) Obesity rate. Preferably just for women. Obese men aren't necessarily out of the game.
3) Income for young/single people, the lower the better. Other men are less competition, and women aren't working at jobs that they think are important.
4) Restaurants per capita, or restaurants to supermarkets ratio. Do the women there cook their own meals, or go to restaurants all the time?
5) Number of cupcake stores per capita. Weight the shit out of this. No city that can support a lot of cupcake stores is going to have attractive women. It isn't men keeping those places in business.
6) Average number of sunny days per year.
7) Population density of the city center, or area that has a population density above X. Walkability for day game.
8) Number of colleges/college students per capita.

"Excess copulations may not actually cost a female much, other than a little lost time and energy, but they do not do her positive good. A male on the other hand can never get enough copulations with as many different females as possible: the word excess has no meaning for a male."
- Richard Dawkins, The Selfish Gene

These lists do get me thinking though. Obviously, a lot of these lists use faulty criteria (i.e # of unmarrieds, gyms). But, what criteria should be used to compile such a list?

First of all, I think only the 18-30 population should be looked at. If some publication wanted to do a list for the over-30 or over-40 crowd, let them. But generally this should be aimed at a younger audience. From a man's perspective, I would look at these factors:

- obesity rates
- # of colleges in metro area
- % foreign born population
- cost of living

Just off the top of my head...I'm open to other suggestions. I think capping education levels (undergrad ok, graduate nay) is a decent idea since there are diminishing and often negative returns regarding women pursuing anything past an undergrad. Maybe taking into account if they frequent religious services or not as well.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Haha. Wanderlust, I think you and I are on the same page here. Just beat me to it.

Boston's been solid for me. Then again, my niche is 19-24, so the college game works well for me.

Despite holding down a grueling job,studying for a professional certification, I have 2 chicas in my rotation. One is from Iowa, the other one from Maine. Both here for school.

I'm thinking beyond that, where specific members can provide some details
e.g best place for 30 y/o computer programmer, best place for 24 y/o recent college grad with worthless degree, best place for indian race troll.

These 'studies' are always the WORST. I lived in a neighborhood that was heralded as the best place in America for singles, and it was absolutely terrible for picking up girls. Guys I respect routinely agree with me on that area, so it's not like I'm an outlier on it. The words of a trusted player are far more valuable than these reams of analysis. I'm a guy who tends to buy studies and analyses too, but these are always bullshit.

Also, any time you do analysis like this, you're probably better off looking at just whites, or non-blacks. Or just people with college degrees. A place like Baltimore probably has a lot of single ghetto women while their male peers are disproportionately dead or imprisoned, driving the male:female ratio down. But for anyone who isn't a hoodrat lover, this isn't going to be much solace. That might be why Philly and DC end up high on this list too. This is obvious for anyone who has their eyes open, but that's not really allowed when you're a mainstream journalist.