rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Military Surplus

Military Surplus

Found this site where couple of Finnish military surplus store owners are posting their photographs as a spoof of the well-known Helsinki "street fashion" troll site hel-looks.com. Most of the stuff they're wearing in the photographs are surplus from some European military.

What's your take on mixing military surplus clothing with civilian style? My last purchase was a mint Dutch $30 wool trench coat which would probably sold around $200-300 in any decent menswear store.

Leka-looks.fi

[Image: 16019.jpg]

[Image: 18751.jpg]

[Image: 21777.jpg]

Military Surplus

Interesting concept, Haven't looked in detail yet but this site goes in my Fashion Folder.

"You can not fake good kids" - Mike Pence

Military Surplus

They look totally badass, I enjoyed the site. Thumbs up.
I don't think that going too much down this road with the military style is that good for everyday style.
Anyhow for excursions and special events I dig it.

Her pussy tastes like Pepsi Cola...

Military Surplus

The last guy looks straight out from Village People [Image: lol.gif]

Handcuffs included [Image: whip.gif]

Quote: (02-04-2013 07:57 AM)Luomu Wrote:  

Military Surplus

Besides the Leifung Shushu hat, everything here is a complete fashion no-no.

If you are going to impose your will on the world, you must have control over what you believe.

Data Sheet Minneapolis / Data Sheet St. Paul / Data Sheet Northern MN/BWCA / Data Sheet Duluth

Military Surplus

haha, I swore it was Rob Halford (Judas Priest) leaving a gay S&M club post-"living after midnight & rockin till the dawn."

I'd leave that outfit on the racks for sure. [Image: wink.gif]

Quote: (02-04-2013 09:26 AM)Titan Wrote:  

The last guy looks straight out from Village People [Image: lol.gif]

Handcuffs included [Image: whip.gif]

Military Surplus

What's your take on mixing military surplus clothing with civilian style?

Trend wise, it's been going strong for the past few years. Couture and Streetstyle folks have been incorporating M1, Flack Jackets, and Camouflage for the better part of 3 years.

Ties, Pocket Squares, accents on shirts, blazers, and jackets, to full suits...

The sister trend is hunting gear, so a lot of sports coats and jackets have "gun club check" or padded shooting shoulders.

In general, a lot of designers look to clothes that have men doing things to incorporate into gear for when men aren't doing things. So specialized garb from industry or from hobbies gets reinterpreted for casual wear.

Consider your neck tie. If you're rocking one, it's the descendent of Croatian Army surplus (cravat).

WIA

Military Surplus

Quote: (02-04-2013 01:08 PM)Osiris Wrote:  

Besides the Leifung Shushu hat, everything here is a complete fashion no-no.

Better? [Image: dodgy.gif]

Military Surplus

Quote: (02-04-2013 01:39 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

What's your take on mixing military surplus clothing with civilian style?

Trend wise, it's been going strong for the past few years. Couture and Streetstyle folks have been incorporating M1, Flack Jackets, and Camouflage for the better part of 3 years.

Ties, Pocket Squares, accents on shirts, blazers, and jackets, to full suits...

The sister trend is hunting gear, so a lot of sports coats and jackets have "gun club check" or padded shooting shoulders.

In general, a lot of designers look to clothes that have men doing things to incorporate into gear for when men aren't doing things. So specialized garb from industry or from hobbies gets reinterpreted for casual wear.

Consider your neck tie. If you're rocking one, it's the descendent of Croatian Army surplus (cravat).

WIA

hunting gear, american workwear, military - all major trends for several years now as you say. oddly coinciding with the end of the metro sexual yet ongoing pussification of american men.

personally, i rock a filson coat most days, either the oil finish trucker or a heavy wool coat.

couple that with some frye boats and some designer jeans and you're all set.

[Image: 10502-main-001.jpg]

[Image: 10202-main-001.jpg]

Military Surplus

Unless you are 100% solid in your fashion sense, leave military surplus alone.

Military Surplus

i do also have this coat and when i wear it I get a lot of compliments:

[Image: url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&c...1050642958]

Military Surplus

I like the concept of this thread. I have tons of army pants, black, desert, camo, snow camo...etc. I dig wearing a camo t-shirt with jeans. And a black or white t-shirt with camo shorts in the summer is great to wear.

Like Ali said above you gotta know what you're doing. One piece of military clothing in your outfit is easy to pull-off. Be careful because it's easy to over do it. You could end up looking like this guy.
[Image: Camo1.jpg]

Team Nachos

Military Surplus

The styling and fitting of the first shirts are nice, same with the jackets posted later. You can knock off a few items and work them in. Women have trolled surplus stores for a long time now so why can't men bring back their own shit?

Old military, industry/ labour clothing is timeless I feel. I want to bring back overalls actually as I see nobody wearing then after they died out in hip-hop 10 years back.

Military Surplus

I actually really like stuff similar to this. I'm big on drab/Earthy colors, cargo pants, shirts and jackets with epaulettes and tons pockets, etc... Utilitarian, masculine, timeless.

Are these threads slick, or too G.I. Joe to be taken seriously?

[Image: osft0qP.jpg]
[Image: AcXPsFW.jpg]
[Image: 8jfc69i.jpg]
[Image: TbR2ErI.jpg]
[Image: kDsR8D4.jpg]
[Image: OfvBBfd.jpg]

Military Surplus

I would never wear any of this.

But I will say..Those SS uniforms that Hugo Boss made....Stylish

I am the cock carousel

Military Surplus

meant to link to this jacket above:

swedish officer's overcoat. i get lots of compliments on it when i wear it out

[Image: 151718_ts%20copy-1000x1000.jpg]

Military Surplus

Quote: (02-05-2013 12:28 PM)Ziltoid Wrote:  

Are these threads slick, or too G.I. Joe to be taken seriously?

0/10, would not wear

Military Surplus

Stylistically, anything eccentric or out of the norm must be employed with moderation. Consider a pocket watch. Carried with panache, it's old fashioned and kind of neat. Carried while wearing a bowler and suspenders, and you scream "socially awkward nerd who likes to play dress-up." Any one of those could perhaps be gotten away with, but taken together they're too far out of the mainstream, and become peacocking attire -but not the fun, outrageous peacocking that can appeal to young girls looking to have a good time -no, we're talking the stylistically inept sort that will be a hindrance.

Military surplus is mostly like this -greatcoats can be worthwhile, and when it's cold I've been known to wear a soviet surplus ushanka which I've never gotten a bad response from, but I can't imagine camo-anything being a good choice, unless you're trying to game the local girls of Dogfuck, Alaska or something.

Military Surplus

Now this is something I could wear.

Military Surplus

Bringing back some more military gear, how many of y'all got the cojones (and the weather) to rock a cape?

[Image: tumblr_mhrb4iNiKb1r06ziyo2_500.jpg]

Military inspired Il Tabarro 15/18 Capes @ Pitti Uomo.

Originally made for troops and officers of the Royal Italian Army in the end of the nineteenth century. The Cape is also still represented on the monument of the Italian war hero Nazario Sauro located in Trieste.

There was a handful of different kind of capes seen this year at Pitti. Even though I’m not sure whether I could pull this off or not, these capes made by Il Tabarro surely looked desirable.

http://dresslikea.com/post/42360042286/m...apes-pitti

WIA

Military Surplus

Alright, I'll help you guys out. If you have ANY questions, ask before buying anything.

[Image: attachment.jpg9836]   

This isn't bad. I'd wear.

http://fu-kit.com/product.php/174/genuin...acket-mens

These style jackets are great to travel with b/c all the pockets. I've seen some cool Euro military sweaters too.

I may order one of these:

[Image: attachment.jpg9837]   

The only downside with military surplus is lack of colors. Pretty much all these coats are wearable:

http://fu-kit.com/section.php/51/1/genui...renchcoats

[Image: attachment.jpg9838]   

I'd tailor and rock this greater coat all winter. Soviet surplus kicks ass. They have to be warm too you'd think.

Hey British dudes, I'm a 42" chest, in case you want to pay homage to Ali. [Image: angel.gif]

Military Surplus

really though, if you want to go military style, there is only one option: Buzz Rickson. The finest quality garments in this style possible. limited editions, hand made, the best.

[Image: wg_n3_thumb.jpg]

Military Surplus

[Image: ma1_wg_thumb.jpg]

Military Surplus

[Image: br_avcoat_blk_thumb.jpg]

Military Surplus

Quote: (02-05-2013 04:12 PM)GBG Wrote:  

Now this is something I could wear.
I like this a lot but is it available in black? I hate going inside that store.