rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What is the optimum text opener?

I realise that texting has been covered quite extensively on here but I really want to focus on the very first text you send after a day game number close.

Reading “Day Bang” has really improved my day game and I am now easily getting 1-4 numbers a day.

The only problem is that flakiness seem to have reached almost epidemic proportions.

I’ve noticed that if I don’t get a reply to my first text, I hardly ever get a reply to any subsequent texts, no matter how clever, funny or intriguing they might be.

Therefore in my opinion, the first text after a number close is the most important text you will ever send.

The good news is that through trial and error, I think I have come up with the text that gives the very best chance of opening communications.

However before I share it with you guys, I would like to know if anyone else has a suggestion for the optimum text opener.

can you post examples of your subsequent texts? maybe thats why they arent replying.. perhaps they arent clever, funny, or intriguing

Quote: (02-03-2013 12:56 PM)HSolo Wrote:  

can you post examples of your subsequent texts? maybe thats why they arent replying.. perhaps they arent clever, funny, or intriguing

"I realise that texting has been covered quite extensively on here but I really want to focus on the very first text you send after a day game number close."

The opener, whether text or spoken, is one of the last things you should worry about it.
Whether she will answer your text or not, depends mostly on the attraction (or the absence of it) that you've developed during the pickup. From what I've experienced, girls are often amused and entertained by a guy hitting on them (like a puppy begging for a snack), they play along and give you the number to appear friendly/out of pity/"kind heart"/saving your face/so that you would fuck of/they have no balls to say 'no'. If that's the case, which has reached epidemic levels as you've noticed, no magic opener line will make her want you.

I'm brainstorming here. Has anyone tried any of these texts with any success?:
Did you get a hangover/How was the hangover?
You missed it on saturday. After we met...
Is this Michelle?

Do some callback humor.

Quote:Quote:

hey cowgirl ~storm

or

good talk today miss mascara ~storm

If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It's the only good fight there is.

Disable "Click here to Continue"

My Testosterone Adventure: Part I | Part II | Part III | Part IV | Part V

if it happened to you it’s your fault, I got no sympathy and I don’t believe your version of events.

Quote: (02-03-2013 05:29 PM)storm Wrote:  

Do some callback humor.

hey cowgirl ~storm

or

good talk today miss mascara ~storm

I also want to add that you should not be aiming for numbers. Try to pull, and always try to go all the way each time. Getting a number is a plan B. I don't even ask for it unless circumstances conspire against me, we've been chatting 30+ minutes, and I've at least mentioned a place I want to take her.

If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It's the only good fight there is.

Disable "Click here to Continue"

My Testosterone Adventure: Part I | Part II | Part III | Part IV | Part V

if it happened to you it’s your fault, I got no sympathy and I don’t believe your version of events.

Quote: (02-03-2013 01:29 PM)alphanov Wrote:  

The opener, whether text or spoken, is one of the last things you should worry about it.
Whether she will answer your text or not, depends mostly on the attraction (or the absence of it) that you've developed during the pickup.

The main function of an opening text is to reignite the attraction and rapport built during the pick up, thus maximizing your chances of a response.

Women are fickle, irrational creatures at the best of times and can make decisions for the flimsiest of reasons.

And plenty of cooling-off time would have past since the pick up, which it’s self my have only lasted as little as a few minutes.

I definitely think it's worth putting a degree of thought into it your opening text.

Quote: (02-03-2013 05:34 PM)storm Wrote:  

I also want to add that you should not be aiming for numbers. Try to pull, and always try to go all the way each time. Getting a number is a plan B. I don't even ask for it unless circumstances conspire against me, we've been chatting 30+ minutes, and I've at least mentioned a place I want to take her.

Remember we’re talking Day Game here!

It goes without saying that if there’s a chance of an instant bang or a venue change you should go for it.

But this is far less likely during the day (as you would know if you had read “Day Bang”).

The fact is that a number close is often the maximum result possible during the day.

- seed a date before taking her #. it's better than setting it up via phone

if not..

- ask for # and make it relevant, offer a date which has something to do with what you're talking about earlier
- stay a little bit longer after # exchange
- after you leave text her within first hour while you are still fresh in her mind. something casual "just bought my childhood peanut butter! have a sweet day too".
- if she texts back she invests. you can stick to texting or call her same day

My first text is always "Hey xxx, Its Nudge your favourite Aussie. Hows it going?" You can replace nationality with city, college, state, suburb, whatever.

But I agree, this shouldnt be your main concern. Coming up with a witty text may get you a few replies and even a shitty text conversation instead of just radio silence. But if you dont build enough attraction at the start shes not gonna meet up with you, no matter how creative your texts are.

Quote: (02-04-2013 04:54 AM)XXL Wrote:  

- seed a date before taking her #. it's better than setting it up via phone

- stay a little bit longer after # exchange

- after you leave text her within first hour while you are still fresh in her mind.

The possibility of meeting up again is obviously already implied by the very fact of exchanging numbers.

I disagree that texting a girl within an hour after the pick up is a good idea.

The secret to good day game is keeping the whole interaction as casual and low key as possible. Bombarding her with texts so soon, comes across as needy and will tend to kill the casual vibe you’ve created.

I do not agree that hanging around after you’ve obtained her number is a good idea. The reasons for this are covered in “Day Bang”. Read it!

But anyway, you seem to be missing the point. This thread is not about improving your day game skills as there are plenty of threads dedicated to that subject already.

We are talking about suggestions for the optimum opening text after a day time number close.

We are talking about suggestions for the optimum opening text after a day time number close.

I've only used the line from Roosh's text guide and they always seem to respond quick.

Quote: (02-04-2013 06:43 AM)Nudge Wrote:  

My first text is always "Hey xxx, Its Nudge your favourite Aussie. Hows it going?" You can replace nationality with city, college, state, suburb, whatever.

But I agree, this shouldnt be your main concern. Coming up with a witty text may get you a few replies and even a shitty text conversation instead of just radio silence. But if you dont build enough attraction at the start shes not gonna meet up with you, no matter how creative your texts are.

I’m not a big fan of the “Hi it’s Me…” text and I will tell you why later in this thread.

Your first text may not be your “main concern” but (at the moment in time we are talking about) it happens to be the only concern you have any control over. Oh, and nobody said that it had to be a witty text.

Of course there will be some girls that will reply to almost any text you send. Just as there will be some girls that wouldn’t reply to any text. But there will also be girls that require a little extra nudge in order to get their motors re-started.

If you’re suggesting that what you put in you’re first text is irrelevant, fair enough but I happen to disagree.

You can disagree all you want but I just suggested you my optimum opening text and that's it. In your first post you didn't say you meant next day text.

You're over concerned with random theories and with appearing this way or that way. Instead try different things and other angles and pay attention what works. Unless you have 1st hand experience with what other guys suggest you then keep quiet.

You see, I can text a girl 1 hour later and it's totally fine. Simply because I express my interest and the girl expects I will move it forward, she might wonder when how etc but she knows I want to meet her again. How can it be needy if she anticipates me? It's impossible. Therefore I don't need to wait X amount of days or think of clever text message to "game" her over the phone. It's more straightforward. So my point is, there are some often times unspoken key factors in different guys game that determine the results of some actions. The same thing might come across as needy for you but is effective for someone else.

Good luck coming up with your next day magical follow up mr majesty.

PS. Fuck it, I'll give you two killer texts, for free haha, if they don't work then your initial interactions sucked..
1. your horoscope.. pretty interesting.. well good luck anyway
2. something reminded me of you today

"I really enjoyed chatting with you earlier. I'm looking forward to continuing our conversation. What time would you like to meet for drinks at (insert name of nearby pub) on (insert day of the week)?"

The "optimum" text opener is the one that reminds her about how attractive you were. It reminds her about how funny and cute you were. It continues on the momentum that you created during the approach.

I like humor. Make a joke about something you talked about. Or, add to a joke that you guys already laughed about.

Be specific, refer back to the approach.

Of course, this only works if you were attractive to her DURING the initial approach.

If she was not attracted to you during the initial approach, there really isn't anything you can do make her attracted to you over text.

They are not "flaking" on you.

They are just not interested. The only people who can flake on you are people that have agreed to see you or talk to you.

Girls who give you their number are not promising to meet you or see you again.

Many of them probably give you their numbers just to get you to leave them alone.

That aint flaking.

Read these threads.

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-2291.html

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-6700.html

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-2315.html

Quote: (02-04-2013 01:20 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

The "optimum" text opener is the one that reminds her about how attractive you were. It reminds her about how funny and cute you were. It continues on the momentum that you created during the approach.

I like humor. Make a joke about something you talked about. Or, add to a joke that you guys already laughed about.

Would it be possible for you to give us an example of a typical opening text you’ve used in this way?

If she was not attracted to you during the initial approach, there really isn't anything you can do make her attracted to you over text.

It goes without saying that if there was no attraction created during the initial approach, the interaction is doomed regardless of what you do.

However it is also true that creating attraction during the approach is still not an automatic guarantee that the interaction will progress.

In fact, there are many reasons why she may be reluctant to continue with the interaction even if she was initially attracted to you.

So for the purposes of this thread, lets assume that you did manage to create a degree of attraction during your approach and now you want to make it as easy as possible for her to continue the interaction.

The question is whether anyone can give an example of a text that will give the optimal chance of achieving this?

Just send her a photo of your erect member. Zero ambiguity...

Quote: (02-04-2013 09:53 PM)His Imperial Majesty Wrote:  

Would it be possible for you to give us an example of a typical opening text you’ve used in this way?

Sure. A few examples...

This girl,

My first text was..."hey its gio, nice meeting you, let me know when you down for some homemade tacos"

This girl,

My first text was..."hey amy, its gio, nice meeting you today, lets do lunch later this week"?

This girl,

My first text was.."nice meeting you yesterday - gio"

Ideally, you wouldn't have to text her first because she calls or texts you. But, that can only happen if she was impressed with you during the approach.

Trying to build attraction over text is a waste of time. Attraction has to be sparked when you meet her.

That's the issue with Daygame, you get a healthy amount of numbers, but many, sometimes give the number to be polite in my opinion. Sometimes its not even their real number.

However, if its been a great interaction you shouldn't get many flakes - its difficult though and I am NOWHERE near good enough to offer advice!

Gio's advice seems excellent.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

If you really game the girl well, you won't have to text her because she will call/text you first.

Quote: (02-05-2013 03:57 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

If you really game the girl well, you won't have to text her because she will call/text you first.

But usually you just have the girls number and she doesn't have yours. At least that's the way I thought was correct?

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Quote: (02-05-2013 03:48 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

Trying to build attraction over text is a waste of time. Attraction has to be sparked when you meet her.

This. Dont try to be all Shakespeare and keep it simple. If she doesnt reply to a simple text, (e.g. Hey, whats up? This is ... lets go for some drinks. How about Wed?) then dont bother and move on, because she is not into you. Its just that simple.