rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Yelp Game - Better than OKC?

Yelp is a great way of meeting fun, cute girls. I've been on the site writing reviews since 2008, but I only started to get back into it in 2012 after getting out of a LTR.

I noticed a lot more cute chicks were on it than before, so started to write reviews while simultaneously hitting girls up. First it was "add as friend", then it was leaving innocuous compliments e.g. "great review on the orecchiette" and then asking for recommendations which segued easily into meet ups and eventual bangs.

"Yelp Elite" events are also a great place to meet girls, especially cute Asians. Basically, Yelp partners with a bar/restaurant, you RSVP for a spot and they give you free food and alcohol. Unfortunately, they're usually during the week, but you'd be surprised how many drunken hookups I've seen happening in real time (a few experienced by yours truly too).

You're definitely not going to have the numbers you have on OK Cupid or other dating sites, but I've found the quality of the talent to be +1.5 higher on average than OKC. Granted, most of the girls (and 99% of the cute ones) write the most asinine shit in their reviews, but in person, they're usually pretty laid back and like to go out to eat. Plus all of them drink moderately/a lot which greatly aids the process along.

All told, for the first half of 2012, I was averaging about one yelp bang per month where it was more like 3 for 2 months with OKC, but the quality on Yelp was way better. One yelper in particular (Mexican girl) was the best looking Latina I have ever been with, a rock solid 8, whereas I'd usually settle for 6's on OKC.

I've put in enough legwork in my reviews where girls will still hit me up about dining advice and meetups even though I specifically reference my girlfriend in my current posts. Strangely enough, I found her on OKC, but she's definitely an outlier.

Anyway, just wondering if other guys on RVF are using this underrated tool. If anyone is interested in becoming a Yelp Elite PM me and I'll nominate you as long as you got some reviews down and you're looking to meet new girls over free booze/food.

I'd never thought of this, but I think it's a great idea. It's sort of like the old Yahoo Messenger, where people are allegedly just there for entertainment, not dating per se.

Because of that, the pressure is off and the bitch shields are down. The atmosphere is much more casual than in an "enclosed" environment like OKCupid, where everyone knows what they're there for and there's sort of an unspoken sense of shame.

Thanks for posting this. I've been looking for a replacement for the old Yahoo, and although this isn't exactly that, it's the closest I've seen to it. Plus, it seems to draw relatively normal, social women, not the hipsters-in-fright-wigs that are starting to take over OKC and POF.

Great idea; I will give this a shot.

Writing reviews also serves as a venue journal and a way to burn off some creative writing juices.

If I spawn an illegitimate child off a Yelp bang, I'll name him or her "booshala."

#NoSingleMoms
#NoHymenNoDiamond
#DontWantDaughters

I used to be yelp elite for like 3 years but didn't get it this year because I stopped writing a lot of reviews. all the yelp elite events filled up whenever i got the notification .

I definitely need to give this a try. Whenever I would be casually perusing the reviews I would always notice the disproportionate amount of smoking hot Asian women on there. I just never thought there was a way to get to them, so to speak.

Glad to see there's some interest in this. OKC gets old quick, and as a few of you have noticed, bitch shields are definitely lower on yelp. Booshala sounds like a great name for a kid, Kabal. Be sure to go bareback to increase the chances of a namesake.

Hey PartyonBro, if you want I'll nominate you, should be easy if you've already been elite before.

The thing with Yelp is that you have to be able to write fairly good reviews to get some attention. Not a problem for me personally but I can see how some people balk at that. Naturally it also makes pipelining more difficult as well as easily discerning quickly who's DTF and who's just trying to get free meals.

That last point is very crucial. If you read some girls reviews it apparent that they are writing it from dates were they've been taken out by some miserable chump trying to impress her with a fancy dinner. They get taken to Eleven Madison Park and Le Bernadin and say things like "oh that white truffle stuff is apparwntly some mushroom pigs dig out, eeew!" Things that want to make you reach through the internet connection and slap her. Some girls even grade the date in their reviews with some one line comment. Even the guy who's the most positive and loving of women (like me) wants to take a frying pan to the face of those princesses. Reading Yelp reviews can be quite detrimental to your mental health.

Excellent idea-I want to try this

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

Quote:Quote:

"Yelp Elite" events are also a great place to meet girls, especially cute Asians.

The hottest Asian chick I ever hooked up with was a Yelp Elite member. She took me to a couple events and I can verify your observation.

Good post.

I'm always looking for new ways to hustle some lays, and this seems perfect. NYC is full of pretentious foodies.

Quote: (01-26-2013 02:29 PM)Kid Strangelove Wrote:  

I'm always looking for new ways to hustle some lays, and this seems perfect. NYC is full of pretentious foodies.

I cannot take a girl who calls herself a "foodie" seriously. I was on this dead end date with some girl a couple of weeks ago and she proclaimed herself a foodie. I asked her if that meant she liked food.

I am somewhat of a foodie and like to comment on places that I venture out to eat. I had a woman out of the blue message me, "Waiting impatiently for your next useful, funny and cool review!" She wasn't that bad looking if her pictures were real.

I find it pretty easy to weed out the girls who are obviously trying to hustle guys into buying them fancy ass meals... and to be honest, if your game is even somewhat decent, you are going to laugh in a bitch's face as soon as she pulls some nonsense like that.

I remember it happened to me once (she requested that we go to Providence in LA for our second date) and I moonwalked out of there while mouthing "biiiiitch". My go to first date spot is a semi-run down bar in Ktown with great/cheap food and that also acts as a pretty good screen for what I'm getting.

Got a few PM's from guys who are interested in getting nominated for yelp elite and I'm happy to do it for anyone else who's interested. Just be sure to include the direct link to your profile because there's lots of "John A's" and "Jason P's" (for example) on the site.

Quote: (01-26-2013 05:33 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

That last point is very crucial. If you read some girls reviews it apparent that they are writing it from dates were they've been taken out by some miserable chump trying to impress her with a fancy dinner. They get taken to Eleven Madison Park and Le Bernadin and say things like "oh that white truffle stuff is apparwntly some mushroom pigs dig out, eeew!" Things that want to make you reach through the internet connection and slap her. Some girls even grade the date in their reviews with some one line comment. Even the guy who's the most positive and loving of women (like me) wants to take a frying pan to the face of those princesses. Reading Yelp reviews can be quite detrimental to your mental health.

Reading a girls Yelp review is just as bad if not worse than reading her bullshit online dating profile. Instead of her just lying about how great she is on Yelp she is typically complaining about something really stupid or being very pretentious.

In anycase, I'll give credit to booshala for opening up a new venue.

From what I understand though you are a Yelp Elite which means a considerable amount of reviews/writing. And you only get invited to these special events if you are such an Elite, correct?
Or are you also just hitting up girls on there left and right with situational openers about some of her reviewS?

Quote: (01-28-2013 06:25 PM)Vicious Wrote:  

In anycase, I'll give credit to booshala for opening up a new venue.

From what I understand though you are a Yelp Elite which means a considerable amount of reviews/writing. And you only get invited to these special events if you are such an Elite, correct?
Or are you also just hitting up girls on there left and right with situational openers about some of her reviewS?

Thanks for the props, Vicious. I thought for sure I read someone detailing info on how they did this on RVF before, but I'll happily take credit as the godfather of "yelp game". I do have about 300 reviews over the past 4 years, but I actually use it more as a blog to write about stuff I'm thinking rather than strictly as a review site... I've seen people attain elite status with as little as 30 reviews, although to be fair, they're usually hot chicks with slutty pics up.

There are "Elite events" which you need to either be elite or invited by one as a +1, and then there are community events sponsored by Yelp which only require a valid account. Then there is the "events" tab on the main site that anyone can submit events of interest in their area. Also, lots of yelpers put on their own "unofficial yelp events" where they get together at someone's house, or at a park or something like that.

It's really easy to open girls at the Elite and Community events because the whole intent of these gatherings is to meet new people and of course free food/booze. Even better are the events that exclude +1's, so girls have to run solo or meet their "yelp friends" at the venue. Great way to isolate quickly. I guess a situational opener would be the best bet, but honestly, I usually just say "hi" and go from there.

I've used yelp to gauge restaurants but always thought it was lame for many reasons. How often do these yelp gatherings go down and are there many singles? I bet competition is slim to none

Quote: (01-26-2013 06:42 PM)MaleDefined Wrote:  

Quote: (01-26-2013 02:29 PM)Kid Strangelove Wrote:  

I cannot take a girl who calls herself a "foodie" seriously. I was on this dead end date with some girl a couple of weeks ago and she proclaimed herself a foodie. I asked her if that meant she liked food.

Most people I've met who call themselves foodies don't take the label that seriously either. It just means they eat a wide variety of foods as a hobby or regular entertainment. Cooking and food preparation is a creative art, like music, and some people are really into it. Most people "like music" but you probably know some people who are way more into music than others. Usually if they have a label analogous to 'foodie', it's related to a particular band or genre.

Obviously there's a huge range, from the silly pretentious chicks to people who can taste a mystery sauce and describe accurately what ingredients are present and how it was prepared.

DELETE

So I posted a review of a local spot,

"I recently read your review, and you seem quite interesting..."

*clicks through to see her pics*
*blocks user*

WIA

I've dabbled in Yelp game, but the kicker is it's also another validation circle jerk forum like most social media tends to be, just in a slightly more pretentious form
The best way to work is to keep an eye out for the semi-attractive chicks(of which there are not so many, save for a few latinos/scandis, hey this is Dublin we're talking about) and go along to some of the more female friendly social events, it's worth doing at least a couple of times to see what's out there, even the the less attractive chicks sometimes bring a friend or two for moral support, so that offers potential,
You might get into 6 territory here, but anything >6/6.5 is rare in this neck of the woods

Quote: (01-28-2013 03:38 PM)booshala Wrote:  

I find it pretty easy to weed out the girls who are obviously trying to hustle guys into buying them fancy ass meals... and to be honest, if your game is even somewhat decent, you are going to laugh in a bitch's face as soon as she pulls some nonsense like that.

I remember it happened to me once (she requested that we go to Providence in LA for our second date) and I moonwalked out of there while mouthing "biiiiitch". My go to first date spot is a semi-run down bar in Ktown with great/cheap food and that also acts as a pretty good screen for what I'm getting.

what is the name of this place?

Got a few PM's from guys who are interested in getting nominated for yelp elite and I'm happy to do it for anyone else who's interested. Just be sure to include the direct link to your profile because there's lots of "John A's" and "Jason P's" (for example) on the site.

I may have to PM you, this has potential.

edit
I don't think this has been posted yet

Quote: (06-19-2013 05:28 AM)master_thespian Wrote:  

Quote: (01-28-2013 03:38 PM)booshala Wrote:  

what is the name of this place?

I may have to PM you, this has potential.

edit
I don't think this has been posted yet

Are you in LA? The place is called cafe bleu.

Im bumping this thread to ask booshala how the Yelp game is going after another year?

Have you got many bangs out of it this year?

Is your success going up or down?

Thanks

I got a Yelp account setup the right way after reading this thread a long time ago. Hasn't paid off but I haven't gone to any events yet. Maybe I'll go to one or two. I've messaged a couple of chicks. The decent ones seem to have boyfriends (which they mention in reviews) and most of the chicks on there are Asian by far. I've made a lot of Yelp friends online because of my reviews, and I got elite status for last year and this year so it's just a matter of going to the events and checking it out.